JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Roverswall "Erm if you have signed away that right then yes, yes they can.

.'"

If I sign a bit of paper saying you can punch me in the face as hard as you like, would it be then legal for you to do so? Or would I be able to go to the police and press charges?

(Not for 1 second I think we could, would or should go down that route that is)

RankPostsTeam
International Star166
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Addit info reported here re costs, funding and timescale
www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480
Addit info reported here re costs, funding and timescale
www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

At least this news has been done a lot better and covered more. Does anyone think that there could be plans for Belle vue after (if) we move out. Reserves/football being played at Belle vue..?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15996.jpg
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north" "If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail":15996.jpg

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: Roverswall "It could but it would be a poinless.
A judge would ask 'did you sign this?'
'Yes'
'Case dismissed''"

And the defence would say
"did you have any choice other than to sign it if you even wanted to apply for a licence?"
"No"
Ah, well in that case not quite so clear cut is it?

I'm not a legal expert but to me there is a bit of an issue with saying to someone "you can only apply to stay in our club (that you're already a member of) if you sign this agreement that says we can just refuse you admission based on a set of criteria we have set, but yet allow Joe Bloggs down the road to be admitted even though he doesn't meet the same conditions, and by signing the agreement you give up your right to challenge the completely flawed process we will apply.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Tommy Duckfingers "If I sign a bit of paper saying you can punch me in the face as hard as you like, would it be then legal for you to do so? Or would I be able to go to the police and press charges?

(Not for 1 second I think we could, would or should go down that route that is)'"

That's exactly the example I used just the other day!

Again, as many people have said, I wouldn't advocate a legal challenge for one second - just trying to point out that signing a contract does not automatically bind you to it, if the terms of it are later deemed to be unfair.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3192No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22151_1298059614.jpg
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA //www.orlandovilla.org.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22151.jpg

Quote: Tommy Duckfingers "If I sign a bit of paper saying you can punch me in the face as hard as you like, would it be then legal for you to do so? Or would I be able to go to the police and press charges?

(Not for 1 second I think we could, would or should go down that route that is)'"

I think we can see the point you are making and agree but you are talking of criminal law in your example and you are correct no one can issue exemptions from Criminal Law.

Contract Law on the otherhand is not surprisingly governed by the Law of Contact. You can sign a Contract and even though you signed it willingly if you believe that the Contract was not fair you can challenge the Contract under the "UNFAIR CONTRACT TERMS ACT 1977"

Whether you win or not is a matter for the Judge but just because you signed it does not mean you are up a creek without a paddle.

Thats why we have so many well paid Lawyers.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Sandal Cat "I think we can see the point you are making and agree but you are talking of criminal law in your example and you are correct no one can issue exemptions from Criminal Law.

Contract Law on the otherhand is not surprisingly governed by the Law of Contact. You can sign a Contract and even though you signed it willingly if you believe that the Contract was not fair you can challenge the Contract under the "UNFAIR CONTRACT TERMS ACT 1977"

Whether you win or not is a matter for the Judge but just because you signed it does not mean you are up a creek without a paddle.

Thats why we have so many well paid Lawyers.'"

I simplified to make the point, that's all. It's academic anyways as most sensible people agree I think.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7372.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "I sort of agree with your view here.

The problem is, in modern journalism and a 24 hour news culture, things move quickly and the speed of the story is important for many media outlets such as websites and radio. Also, journalism and journalists are not what they used to be. The need to fact check has become secondary to the speed of the news itself. So, our young reporter here at the YP is probably a junior member of the website team, his news editor throws a press release and story at him, which he then uses the internet to research and does not bother picking up the phone to James or the club at all. That is ok to him, other news outlets are reporting they have shelved Newmarket, that was not clear in the press release, so we will run with that... someone must have checked this before me??? Err, no, someone, somewhere made an assumption and now the whole media circus is reporting this as a fact because the story is not big enough or worth the time for the website reporter to check any further... he is now writing his 10th story of the day for the website about some Mum's wanting a pedestrian crossing on a dangerous bit of road.

This can also work the other way and I must admit, RW and Cas seem to do well here!

Remember how Cas had SOLD WR for £50m the other week... it was on the BBC main website for gods sake, it must be true! Of course it wasn't, the reporter at the BBC website (paid slightly more money than the guy at the YP and lives in London) made some assumptions. To be fair to Cas, the press release didn't say that at all, it said the development value was worth £50m, which is probably true! However, quick as a flash in the rush to report the story the whole of the media are reporting this as being a fact... even Sky News, who probably should have just picked up the phone to the sports department and fact checked it with them and got the right answer. But now the BBC have said...

You need to be very clear about key messages and I think you are right, that it was not clear enough and now this is the result!'"

None of which is an excuse for such shoddy, negligent, lazy and incompetent reporting!

How long would you last if you just guessed at the answers because you were up against a deadline? Apply that logic to just about any job, builders, teachers, surgeons, bookies, chemists etc.. It wouldn't be acceptable and the dole would be your only destination for such amateurism.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg

Quote: Roverswall "You do know that work to extend the east stand (adding 1.6K on the capacity figure) has already been started don't you?
You do know it is 1 stand so not 'stands' and that is getting moved over to the other end with it being roofed off in is premanet home and it will only be used as an overflow stand dont you?
You do know that planning is accepted and funding is in place and all set to go any day now for our new £6M north stand dont you?
This work will be started BEFORE the franchises are given out.
We will have 12k, ALL underoof, All apart from 1 stand as seating,
Completley complient.'"

I do know yes!

The temporary improvements to NCP are not as extensive as the temporary improvements to BV!

The permanent improvements to NCP will not be as good as the permanent solution to BV i.e. Newmarket!

That said, I have great respect for the Rovers for coming up and making things happen, my comments are not meant as a criticism but IMO my above statement is correct.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg

Quote: t-r-i-n-i-t-y "What doesn't help is I can't find mention of Newmarket in the story on the club's website...very poorly written.'"

That's not a licence to make stuff up!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: The Clan "None of which is an excuse for such shoddy, negligent, lazy and incompetent reporting!

How long would you last if you just guessed at the answers because you were up against a deadline? Apply that logic to just about any job, builders, teachers, surgeons, bookies, chemists etc.. It wouldn't be acceptable and the dole would be your only destination for such amateurism.'"

I 100% agree Clan, but I was explaining why this is happening, not making an excuse for him or the YP.

Now, we have this guy from Sporting Life who has clearly... picked up the phone this morning and spoke to James!!! What a great idea for a journalist, gather some facts about the story you are writing! Low and behold, he has a good accurate story and also uncovered lots more information and detail not even mentioned last night!

Rocket science it isn't, good journalism it is! If only they were all as good as this!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7911No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12166.gif
:12166.gif

Quote: The Clan "That's not a licence to make stuff up!'"

Or better still have a pre worded statement ready to be handed to the press, words of your choosing rather than leaving it to chance.

AG knew the meeting content so could have had something written/e mailed well in advance rather than leave YEP to make any old crap up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Gahan "Or better still have a pre worded statement ready to be handed to the press, words of your choosing rather than leaving it to chance.

AG knew the meeting content so could have had something written/e mailed well in advance rather than leave YEP to make any old crap up.'"

Indeed - the very first thing they teach on the 'Dealing with the Media' training course.

Unfortunate that it didn't happen, but not the end of the world.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach14302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17123_1311448581.jpg
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17123.jpg

Quote: The Clan "I do know yes!

The temporary improvements to NCP are not as extensive as the temporary improvements to BV!

The permanent improvements to NCP will not be as good as the permanent solution to BV i.e. Newmarket!

That said, I have great respect for the Rovers for coming up and making things happen, my comments are not meant as a criticism but IMO my above statement is correct.'"
Fair enough but NCP will pass the franchise this time as work will be started pre francise time and even if it isnt it is better that BV without those extra's, You are saying to the RFL that you promise works AFTER the licencing.
So even if neither us actually did the work we are saying we will NCP wins and even if we both do the work we promise NCP wins.
With the work NCP passes everything a stadium needs, Better or not Newmarket will pass those same criteria and that is all that counts in the grander scheme of things.
I will say that we have plans for a new south stand at which point NCP wil be no diffrent from The HJ our old West stand aside.

485 posts in 33 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
485 posts in 33 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02197265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wollo-Wollo-
4m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
5m