Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: Teltry "Well some on here blamed our demise on Chester and now it's Poching who can't coach what a sorry state we are in.Fifita getting stick for getting binned which was a silly rush of blood to the head. But imo Fifita was playing Toulouse on his own when he got back on. His effort and work rate was relentless. We have to realise the buck stops with the man at the top and he has to sort out the problem on the pitch or else we will have a new refurbished stadium with nobody in it.'"

It’s Chester’s team/squad bar Corey Hall and a couple of recently signed front rowers!

Willie has deserved a shot at the big chair but he’s been handed a poisoned chalice. Chester did the recruitment and signed some poor and past it players who’s injury records should have been warning enough to stay away. Corey Hall is the shining light in the team and Willie has also managed Lewis Murphy’s transition to 1st team pretty well.

The BoD aren’t faultless in this either, Carter was too close to Chester and it tainted his decision making, allowing him to stay too long and blow the recruitment budget before sacking him. We’ve made little to no investment in the training facilities throughout the whole tenure of Mike Carter.

Willie isn’t blameless, he’s too affable and maybe isn’t the correct man for the job but he really deserved a better chance to succeed than he’s been given.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5043
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: Luppylad "Dave wasnt the lad giving away sets of 6 and missing tackles in that time or they didnt do the damage with overlaps 1 man doesnt make that much of a difference look at barrow and halifax the other week when fax won playing 11 v 13'"

Sorry but you’re wrong
On a wide open field, with a pitch side temperature of 30+ and facing a team who are also scrapping for their livelihoods, losing a man is a big deal!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "I couldn't agree with you less. None of that is to do with Poaching. Squarely at the players.'"

Have you ever played competitive rugby league? Trust me, it’s not all about the players.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4647
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50733_1530270912.jpg
[color=#000000:ogl9gbum]"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."[/color:ogl9gbum]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50733.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I may be incorrect but did WP not state prior to today’s game that the performance is far more important than the result. I am not a coach but no it is not because one will usually result in the other.'"

Today should have been about the result and the result only. A chance to go six points clear and instead we're now only two points clear. I'd have been happy for us to have played like a drunk pub team and won 8-4 rather than get to 20-4 up and piddled the game away like we did.

In past seasons I've always seen a way out of our predicament and a way to stay up. That's now gone. I'm resigned to finishing in the bottom spot.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1041No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Some years ago, it was similar but not as bad. MC asked anyone who wanted out to knock on his door. Do it again.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: BackSeatCoach "Have you ever played competitive rugby league? Trust me, it’s not all about the players.'"

Yes thanks.
Whats your point?

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78511_1620069564.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78511.jpeg

More than disappointed with the outcome today, something drastic needs to happen. It’s clear WP needs some guidance reading the post match reports, he was very well regarded as an assistant but something is amiss.

Any positives on today from anyone who watched/attended? Can’t have been all bad.

We have 4 “target” games left imo versus Cas and both Hull sides, a couple of wins and we should be fine but we can’t carry on like this. I’ll still be back when I can though, through thick and thin n’ that.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78511_1620069564.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78511.jpeg

How realistic is it that Tony Smith comes in to help out for the rest of the year? WP worked under him previously didn’t he.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: TimmySmith "More than disappointed with the outcome today, something drastic needs to happen. It’s clear WP needs some guidance reading the post match reports, he was very well regarded as an assistant but something is amiss.

Any positives on today from anyone who watched/attended? Can’t have been all bad.

We have 4 “target” games left imo versus Cas and both Hull sides, a couple of wins and we should be fine but we can’t carry on like this. I’ll still be back when I can though, through thick and thin n’ that.'"

There were positives. And I could list them.....but they just chucked them all away. So it didn't matter.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5185
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have said before WP looks at his squad and doesn’t appear to know what to do to turn things around. He does not look like he has the ability to get the best out of what he has because there are some of quality. We lack a game plan and after several years no obvious moves. I wonder how many of our scores this season were from our own half.
We now face what we have sadly faced too many times before but I believe this time our luck will run out. The signing from the NRL should be fit having played and trained before joining us, therefore you would think that he would be ideal to boost the team’s confidence but the indication is that he will not play until the following week.
I guess PT that even if we are relegated you will still look at it being a positive. Is there anything that will shake your belief in the club and team.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I have said before WP looks at his squad and doesn’t appear to know what to do to turn things around. He does not look like he has the ability to get the best out of what he has because there are some of quality. We lack a game plan and after several years no obvious moves. I wonder how many of our scores this season were from our own half.
We now face what we have sadly faced too many times before but I believe this time our luck will run out. The signing from the NRL should be fit having played and trained before joining us, therefore you would think that he would be ideal to boost the team’s confidence but the indication is that he will not play until the following week.
I guess PT that even if we are relegated you will still look at it being a positive. Is there anything that will shake your belief in the club and team.'"

Don't be stupid. Once again you don't know what I'm thinking so stop trolling to get a response.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5185
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "Don't be stupid. Once again you don't know what I'm thinking so stop trolling to get a response.'"

It doesn’t take a genius to work out you look for the positives when there are none. We won two games you and some others demanded the team should be congratulated which they were but we lose badly and like WP you cannot accept the team is failing and we are staring relegation in the face. I get why you don’t want to respond because it will mean that you have to face reality and saying don’t blame WP have no meaning, he is the coach who picks the team and should prepare them to defeat the opposition.
The tone of your post suggests you know this but just cannot accept it. I was not trolling but checking when if ever you would accept what many now realise we are basically clueless and the most worrying part is that we don’t know how to turn things around, do you.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

I've said in the past that it was a terrible mistake by the club for sticking with a cheaper version of Chester who coached in the Chester style and I've sadly been proven right.

Pooching has made the poor team he was left with even worse. They have become a collection of mediocre individual players with no sense of teamwork and no idea how to change. They are getting the basics wrong as players because they have no structures to play within so all of it is ad-hoc and that's where mistakes happen and it looks sloppy.

Maybe we'll survive, but that's all we'll get with the current coach

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player362No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/The%20Swedish%20Chef.gif
:Black Backgrounds/The%20Swedish%20Chef.gif

Quote: TimmySmith "How realistic is it that Tony Smith comes in to help out for the rest of the year? WP worked under him previously didn’t he.'"

I would take him in a heartbeat, but I think Brian would be advising him to steer well clear.

I also don't think he would be a Carter "yes man", so there would be a clash of characters.

Sad, because its only someone like him, who could potentially turn things around, both in the short and long term

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player2025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Avenger "Sorry but you’re wrong
On a wide open field, with a pitch side temperature of 30+ and facing a team who are also scrapping for their livelihoods, losing a man is a big deal!'"

But im not wrong it was a catalist of mistakes that cost us,had the ball been passed correctley from dummy half we wouldnt of been defending when dave had his brain fart,or had corey picked a siimple ball off floor they wouldnt of scored so early in sh,or even miller trying to take ball opposed to tackeling there would of been a tey less conceded.its easy to blame 1 or maybe 2 incidents has that is easy.tge amount of time teams go a body down but go onto win is not uncommon its shows the team fighting for each other sadly yesterday showed alot aint up for fighting

161 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
161 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.408203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
jonh
14m
Hull KR H
MattyB
19m