JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Having just read Chester’s interview he takes no blame it is all the players. The club is bringing forward a playing review to this morning which will include those still under and out of contract. It does not however look into the coaching. We have played various players over the season and a half and yet the performances appear to continue to stagnate. The only fixture during all these are Chester and his coaching set up therefore that would be a good place to start.
I think what we will get to keep him in place is various players being asked to leave and based on his recent recruitment strategy replayed by those in the thirties with an injury record.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "Why would a decent coach want to join a club who have sold their better players and replaced them with honest pros (which means boring) and have performed so badly.
We all know Chester is going nowhere because how many other clubs would put up with 5 wins out of 31, he knows when he is onto a good thing. It is the supporters who are the ones who must suck up these displays and keep paying the money and also take the blame for the club being unable to pay up to the maximum salary cap.
I hope you are all appreciative that the club haven’t sacked us because of our inability to finance them with the money they require. It’s clearly not Chester’s fault because of what he has to work with it is clearly ours and has Carter said we should cut him some slack.'"

Who did we sell?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

rlhttps://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wakefield-boss-chris-chester-issues-job-warning-to-players-after-saints-mauling/?utm_content

I’d like to know where we are going to find the money to pay off all these on-contract players (the ones he signed) that he now wants to replace. Good luck with that.

And i also think he is way off with with his summation. I didn’t see a team for the most part not trying, not putting in effort. I saw a team so low on ideas and so poorly structured both in attack and defence that their efforts were going to lead to nothing bit demoralisation. Chester really is going to take any personal responsibility is he?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

Quote: Sacred Cow "rlhttps://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wakefield-boss-chris-chester-issues-job-warning-to-players-after-saints-mauling/?utm_content

I’d like to know where we are going to find the money to pay off all these on-contract players (the ones he signed) that he now wants to replace. Good luck with that.

And i also think he is way off with with his summation. I didn’t see a team for the most part not trying, not putting in effort. I saw a team so low on ideas and so poorly structured both in attack and defence that their efforts were going to lead to nothing bit demoralisation. Chester really is going to take any personal responsibility is he?'"

Boris Johnson takes more personal blame for failings than Chester does

RankPostsTeam
International Star325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It’s utterly ridiculous for Chester to blame the players when his own failings are so blatantly obvious for all to see. Whoever we played in the pack last night was on a hiding to nothing, we all knew Saints would come out firing so to play one up rugby against them simply meant whoever took it in would get battered. Half backs were anonymous. No attempts at subtlety. Predictable and played straight into Saints hands. And even if he didn’t see that coming after 5 minutes it was perfectly obvious what they were doing yet no changes in tactic were made.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2613
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

How come a coach can take over a decent squad and 5 years later have a squad with no structure, no attacking ideas from your 6,7, and 9 apart from 5 drives and a kick .A defence that are poor on there line.,and giving teams walk in trys on the wing.Then after the match the coach says after the match we are not good enough.Yet this is the squad he as built if you buy cheap you get cheep

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We play Huddersfield next week by which time we should have the majority of his squad to select from. I wonder how many on here expect us to win or do we anticipate the usual performances just with different players. I also wonder with his constant criticism of others how many of the current team would relish the opportunity to join another club, just to get away from the constant negativity. I have not read or heard any other clubs constantly bemoan the lack of funds but for us it is the fallback position for all our woes. The obvious comparison is Salford and look what they have done.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

CCs coaching ability has always been in question, does he actually coach the squad or let the players play off the cuff. MC will be unlikely to change the coach because he realises that he probably couldnt tell another coach that spending will be put back to what it was 3 years ago without a rumpus. The result is CCs coaching ability takes a back seat.
Trinity fans have become price conditioned without having all the facts to hand making MCs announcements palatable. The club s made fantastic strides over the last couple of years but all that will be lost without a re think and change in direction.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach475No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28143_1294587081.jpg
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE NEVER RELEGATED NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28143.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "We play Huddersfield next week by which time we should have the majority of his squad to select from. I wonder how many on here expect us to win or do we anticipate the usual performances just with different players. I also wonder with his constant criticism of others how many of the current team would relish the opportunity to join another club, just to get away from the constant negativity. I have not read or heard any other clubs constantly bemoan the lack of funds but for us it is the fallback position for all our woes. The obvious comparison is Salford and look what they have done.'"

Huddersfield are about our level, Obviously Sezer apart. If we can't at least compete with our full squad out then I don't know where we go from there. The team is absolutely shot on confidence they look like they've been kidnapped and forced to go and play for Wakefield. Mentioning Salford which seems to be the benchmark for a low tier club like ourselves. We went there in March and won with a solid defensive performance with some good attack. What did Chester do? Meddle with that team. Again.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player92No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "Having just read Chester’s interview he takes no blame it is all the players. The club is bringing forward a playing review to this morning which will include those still under and out of contract. It does not however look into the coaching. We have played various players over the season and a half and yet the performances appear to continue to stagnate. The only fixture during all these are Chester and his coaching set up therefore that would be a good place to start.
I think what we will get to keep him in place is various players being asked to leave and based on his recent recruitment strategy replayed by those in the thirties with an injury record.'"

We can only hope and pray that the entire coaching staff are included !

RankPostsTeam
International Star2613
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Would you trust Me Chester and his backroom staff especially with are so called conditioner to build a team to compete in SL I would not.Think is signings this season as proved how far he is out of is depth.there was no need for panic buying .Just needed quality scrum half and hooker and we would have survived.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3072
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

Quote: alegend "Would you trust Me Chester and his backroom staff especially with are so called conditioner to build a team to compete in SL I would not.Think is signings this season as proved how far he is out of is depth.there was no need for panic buying .Just needed quality scrum half and hooker and we would have survived.'"

Survive what exactly???

RankPostsTeam
International Star11895No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: alegend "Would you trust Me Chester and his backroom staff especially with are so called conditioner to build a team to compete in SL I would not.Think is signings this season as proved how far he is out of is depth.there was no need for panic buying .Just needed quality scrum half and hooker and we would have survived.'"

I don’t know, what are your credentials? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: PopTart "Just like Woolf wasn't a rubbish coach last week when Sts weren't on it, I don't believe Chester is the problem.
If we change we need to go better with an experienced coach, not an assistant trying his hand.

Personally, I still believe we need a midfield general. It will change the team completely. Chester says he's searching for someone.

Ironically, just to add more fuel, I think we are 3 games away from the longest losing run in our history.'"

I have no doubt that CC is technically a good coach, he has proved that in the past despite some people conveniently forgetting that.

However he now seems totally unable to get his message across to the players unless you believe he actually wants than to play like that.

It’s sad but once the above happens the coach is a spent force and needs to go, fair or not.

I suppose if you stuck with CC he might eventually turn things around but how much damage will have been done by then.

We just can’t risk it imho

RankPostsTeam
International Star2613
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sorry BarnsleyGull should have put compete,

115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
115 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.814453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
MattyB
10m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
13m