JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Dec 2009LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you b*st*rds With a lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy us Well you go to hell FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE "WE LOVE KORKI" (2009) CLUB:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Sandal Wild Cat "Look on the brightside.... Bradford can't even sign "fringe" players these days"
Fairly sure though for every Jake Webster there is a dozen Ned Catic's or Ben Jeffries or Kevin Henderson's or any other fringe player who has done nowt (or underacheived) over here.

Just think there is a right fuss being whipped up by some of the lads regarding this possible signing - based on a montage probably cobbled together by his agent (or mam). Potentially just another run of the mill import for me who may, or may not, pay off if indeed he does come.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Haywire "Fairly sure though for every Jake Webster there is a dozen Ned Catic's or Ben Jeffries or Kevin Henderson's or any other fringe player who has done nowt (or underacheived) over here.

Just think there is a right fuss being whipped up by some of the lads regarding this possible signing - based on a montage probably cobbled together by his agent (or mam). Potentially just another run of the mill import for me who may, or may not, pay off if indeed he does come.'"
I don't think Kevin Henderson has under achieved he hasn't come over here as a starlet and has put every thing into the game especially this season, as for the rumoured coming of Daryl Millard I'm looking forward to him coming(if he is ) he has to be worth a try as at this time we haven't yet got our young lads ready, they are knocking on the door but they do need time

our foundation for the future has been laid, we now need to build on the good work of this year

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sandal Wild Cat "have thought that too, but lets face it Sam could at a push play aywhere 1-7 because of his speed, skill & mean takle for such a little lad.

Ha. Method to my so-called madness.'"

Think thats the appropriate word in this instance

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20761
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Haywire "Fairly sure though for every Jake Webster there is a dozen Ned Catic's or Ben Jeffries or Kevin Henderson's or any other fringe player who has done nowt (or underacheived) over here.

Just think there is a right fuss being whipped up by some of the lads regarding this possible signing - based on a montage probably cobbled together by his agent (or mam). Potentially just another run of the mill import for me who may, or may not, pay off if indeed he does come.'"

Jake Webster is good but lets not go over the top on him.

Ned didn't achieve the hights expected but BJ came as a young gun and I think we got good money out of him. (as Bulls are now)

Kevin Henderson came with even less fanfare. He came from Leigh in their disaster year and was injured for a lot of that. We got him and he has worked hard in every minute he plays. In the 2006 season he was fantastic for us as he kept switching positions to fill gaps and was the one at the end of the games (especially Cas) when we were on the rack and he just drove it away from centre and gave everybody a rest. He'll never be a star but I think he has been a great low cost aquisition for Trinity.
and isn't a quota/NFT player either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "Jake Webster is good but lets not go over the top on him.

Ned didn't achieve the hights expected but BJ came as a young gun and I think we got good money out of him. (as Bulls are now)

Kevin Henderson came with even less fanfare. He came from Leigh in their disaster year and was injured for a lot of that. We got him and he has worked hard in every minute he plays. In the 2006 season he was fantastic for us as he kept switching positions to fill gaps and was the one at the end of the games (especially Cas) when we were on the rack and he just drove it away from centre and gave everybody a rest. He'll never be a star but I think he has been a great low cost aquisition for Trinity.
and isn't a quota/NFT player either.'"

Take away Hendo's ridiculous attempt at an offload against Quins the other year and he has very rairly let us down, certainly no more than many others who seem to escape any critisism.
Yes, he is never going to be a world beater but when others are looking for a breather he always puts his hand up to take the ball in and puts himself forward to make the tackles. Every side needs that kind and although i dont know the figures im pretty sure he will be in the bottom half of the earners at the club.
I certainly wouldnt be upset if he was signed on for next year. We as a club will always need his type well ever we are not bringing in the same revenue as others.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13708
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Due to his status I would give him another year. Has worked extremely hard this season and grafts his balls off in both attack and defence. Never going to be the best, but the type of player every club needs.

I know having another import goes against what the RFL are trying to achieve but with many apparent changes on the cards and potentially a lot of youngsters in the squad next season I think it would be a smart move to recruit Henderson, a no-nonsense, steady pro with a huge work ethic, but only for 1 year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2352No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Dec 2009LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you b*st*rds With a lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy us Well you go to hell FOUNDER MEMBER OF THE "WE LOVE KORKI" (2009) CLUB:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Due to his status I would give him another year. Has worked extremely hard this season and grafts his balls off in both attack and defence. Never going to be the best, but the type of player every club needs.

I know having another import goes against what the RFL are trying to achieve but with many apparent changes on the cards and potentially a lot of youngsters in the squad next season I think it would be a smart move to recruit Henderson, a no-nonsense, steady pro with a huge work ethic, but only for 1 year.'"

Sorry, can't agree. Unless we are desperate (either for money or for a replacement recruit) I would be a bit dissapointed to see him stay. I agree with the work ethic and the effort he has put in but I just don't beleive he has the ability to be a top flight RL player. How many other sides in the league would take him off our hands? I reckon Celtic and thats about all.

Look in the lower divisions, there have been a few decent prospects on sky the last few weeks - I would have hoped we have exhuasted all avenues before renewing.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: Haywire "Sorry, can't agree. Unless we are desperate (either for money or for a replacement recruit) I would be a bit dissapointed to see him stay. I agree with the work ethic and the effort he has put in but I just don't beleive he has the ability to be a top flight RL player. How many other sides in the league would take him off our hands? I reckon Celtic and thats about all.

Look in the lower divisions, there have been a few decent prospects on sky the last few weeks - I would have hoped we have exhuasted all avenues before renewing.'"

Agreed. We are looking to improve - and to do so must mean raising the standard level above that of Kevin.

I have no issue with Kevin and I would thank him very much for his service - he has been good for us - but, he needs to be added to all the other players and coaches who have helped us attain and retain SL when we needed them - of which there are many.

There are better players on the market right now! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2015Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "Agreed. We are looking to improve - and to do so must mean raising the standard level above that of Kevin.

I have no issue with Kevin and I would thank him very much for his service - he has been good for us - but, he needs to be added to all the other players and coaches who have helped us attain and retain SL when we needed them - of which there are many.

There are better players on the market right now!
If we can afford and get players then fine.
I just think with the limited resources we have to work with at our club there will always be squad places for players like Hendo.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13708
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: Haywire "Sorry, can't agree. Unless we are desperate (either for money or for a replacement recruit) I would be a bit dissapointed to see him stay. I agree with the work ethic and the effort he has put in but I just don't beleive he has the ability to be a top flight RL player. How many other sides in the league would take him off our hands? I reckon Celtic and thats about all.

Look in the lower divisions, there have been a few decent prospects on sky the last few weeks - I would have hoped we have exhuasted all avenues before renewing.'"

Fair enough, I know not many side would take him off Trinity’s hand, but then that could play into the clubs hands. I don’t what he is on but I can not see him being a major earner. I am under no illusions with regards to his ability but you know what you’re going to get with Henderson. If there is someone better then fair enough it would be hard to justify retaining him but if not then it’s a shot to nothing. He doesn’t count against the overseas limitations, he won’t be on a major wedge and he is pretty reliable.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20761
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Ray Price Is God "If we can afford and get players then fine.
I just think with the limited resources we have to work with at our club there will always be squad places for players like Hendo.'"

Agree. If Hendo starts the season with number 11 shirt it will be a bad sign but when 11 is injured Hendo is a good one to bring in. You can't just have a load of kids coming in every time.

And Hendo is essecially English. Born in Torquay, not regarded as overseas or none fed trained because of court case to prove it.

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08349609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
York City Knights home
wakeytrin
11m
Wolves again
the-bearded-
12m