Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19447_1387125086.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19447.jpg

I wouldn't want Burgess anyways, he's useless. He was only on the pitch 5mins on Sunday and was blowing out of his . And please please please don't let me see the headline " Jeffries Returns To Wildcats"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach83No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41137.jpg
[b:2ftjomd4][quote="pyeman":2ftjomd4] It just shows that wakey fans have so much more class than leeds fans. :D[/quote:2ftjomd4] "The difference between footballers and rugby league players is that footballers spend 90 mins on the pitch pretending they are hurt, and rugby league players spend 80 mins on the pitch pretending they aren't" [color=#4000BF:2ftjomd4]N Scruton[/color:2ftjomd4][/b:2ftjomd4] [img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif[/img:2ftjomd4][img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif[/img:2ftjomd4][img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif[/img:2ftjomd4][img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/3%20cheer.gif[/img:2ftjomd4][img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif[/img:2ftjomd4][img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif[/img:2ftjomd4][img:2ftjomd4]http://www.happilythinnerafter.com/images/smilies/cheering.gif[/img:2ftjomd4]:41137.jpg

Quote: Wakefieldite "You don't suppose its c*s do you? Duringthe Wigan v Widnes match last night. I heardEddie Hemmings mentioning about c*s hsving some "off field traumas" while promoting next Monday's live Sky match between c*s and Widnes.'"

I thought they were referring to Chase and the 'want away' Daryl Clark? - though who actually knows what's going on in the boardrooms and accountants offices of any of the clubs? I feel really sorry for the Bulls fans - when it happened to us it was the most depressing and worrying (Rugby related) time.

If Hemmings, Stephenson and the Statistics Bore of Bolton go on much more about how the franchise system is the best thing since sliced bread, I may just have to start watching the televised matches with the sound off! It seems, in simple terms to the fan on the terraces that "It Isn't Working!!!!" and if we carry on like this we'll have a number of great stadia but far fewer good Rugby teams left to play in them. And if a club does go under? Do the RL dole out a franchise/licence to the highest bidder with a nice stadium - or to a team that can play a good game of Rugby?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "It's true, we dont know but, they did receive a loan from the RFL last season and the RFL then took over the lease on Odsal due to non payment of the loan. Therefore, regardless of the findings during the licensing process, I think its fair to say the RFL knew the true picture but, at the time it would have been unthinkable to "demote" the Bulls and allow Halifax to be promoted.
Even with the benefit of hindsight, it would have been a very difficult call.'"

I think they are more than aware of the state of the game this is their monster and as long as they keep the truth locked away in the red hall cellar and away from the non biased media, sky can keep the illusion going.
The game is in tatters!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thing is if bulls do get kicked out then that's less revenue and people involved in the game which can't be good and will have a knock on effect on other clubs. From a selfish perspective I'm glad we got our home game with them before they go pop.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

I don't agree that the game is in tatters. It's just that one club decided to run itself at a level it couldn't afford. It is notable that there has been no attempt to recoup money by selling assets, i.e., players, and it seems that the Bulls club wants its cake and eat it. It wants to put a top drawer team on the park, regardless of whether or not it can afford it.

The situation in each club has been different. Crusaders were saddled with debts accrued by the previous owner. We were hit for six by the decision to call in the ground for PI, as otherwise we would have received a payment that would have sorted the tax bill out. Bulls have been relying on crowds of 10,000 that only bring in gate receipts as if there were 4,000, due to the cut prces.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You've got to feel for the Bradford fans, we've been there and it isn't nice. I don't wish Admin on any club regardless of what a small minority of opposing fans might say. I have to say, i'm rather disappointed with the previous management who knew the trouble and didn't even try and recoup some funds via transfers and/or loans.

They've overspent on their cap knowingly and for that reason i'd make a move for Brett Kearney & Elima

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

Quote: Slugger McBatt "I don't agree that the game is in tatters. It's just that one club decided to run itself at a level it couldn't afford. It is notable that there has been no attempt to recoup money by selling assets, i.e., players, and it seems that the Bulls club wants its cake and eat it. It wants to put a top drawer team on the park, regardless of whether or not it can afford it.

The situation in each club has been different. Crusaders were saddled with debts accrued by the previous owner. We were hit for six by the decision to call in the ground for PI, as otherwise we would have received a payment that would have sorted the tax bill out. Bulls have been relying on crowds of 10,000 that only bring in gate receipts as if there were 4,000, due to the cut prces.'"

It's not the Bulls in isolation Slugger, there are big financial conserns at many clubs, either the image rights issue, the need for a benefactor, clubs living beyond their means, falling fowl of HMRC etc etc.
The constant in all this is the RFL overseeing all this.
Any club could go pop at any time and I wouldn't be surprised, that isn't what SL promised and the licensing and independent auditing tells us.
We only find out about these problems when something goes wrong and at some point the RFL are waste deep in the Shizen or have gone some way to cause it or cover it up.
SL is not only in tatters it also through trying to portray itself to be some kind of achievable best practice eutopia, encourages clubs to over reach and thus cause themselves and end up in difficulty, and unable to get out of it.
It lacks honesty and transparency and the RFL and sky peddle the lie.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: newwildcat "It stinks TBH. Hardworking people have stumped up cash to prop them up and then a couple of weeks later another financial black hole opens up. Either the management were incompetant bordering on negligent when they asked fans for that cash or they knew perfectloy well that the cash would release them from any PGs they had entered and were out to save their own necks. Perhaps if the cash had gone in to some kind of supporters trust rather than being gifted to the club, they'd have been able to salvage something out of this mess.'"

I agree totally appalling. I was aghast at the appeal. My Hull supporting mate even chucked money in at their game at the KC; I told him he was nuts. A failing sports club is NOT A CHARITY. It was a disgusting abuse of people's good will and love for their club and, as suspected, was also a waste of time. Shame on all concerned and the RFL for allowing it to happen.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "It's true, we dont know but, they did receive a loan from the RFL last season and the RFL then took over the lease on Odsal due to non payment of the loan. Therefore, regardless of the findings during the licensing process, I think its fair to say the RFL knew the true picture but, at the time it would have been unthinkable to "demote" the Bulls and allow Halifax to be promoted.
Even with the benefit of hindsight, it would have been a very difficult call.'"

I can't honestly see why, provided they knew the true picture, their place should have gone to Fax, which I had a funny feeling was what was going to happen, given this was the worst kept secret in years. Halifax should feel rightly agrieved. It was us they were upset with, now look. This absolutely stinks. RL loses credibility with me as a fan. God knows what the greater sporting world think. But this is exactly what I thought franchising would bring. People in boardrooms cannot be allowed to decide who has the right to play at the top table. It is too open to prejudice and corruption and the sooner it comes to an end the better. One up, one down, provided your ground meets definite, crystal clear, objective criteria.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4809No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15996.jpg
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north" "If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail":15996.jpg

Quote: Slugger McBatt "I don't agree that the game is in tatters. It's just that one club decided to run itself at a level it couldn't afford. It is notable that there has been no attempt to recoup money by selling assets, i.e., players, and it seems that the Bulls club wants its cake and eat it. It wants to put a top drawer team on the park, regardless of whether or not it can afford it.

The situation in each club has been different. Crusaders were saddled with debts accrued by the previous owner. We were hit for six by the decision to call in the ground for PI, as otherwise we would have received a payment that would have sorted the tax bill out. Bulls have been relying on crowds of 10,000 that only bring in gate receipts as if there were 4,000, due to the cut prces.'"

Quoted for truth. Easier just to blame the RFL as the easy option than look at the real reasons. Any sports club, not just rugby league, in the most part gets into trouble because of bad management, spending money they don't have, or a mix of the two.

It's conveniently forgotten that Widnes went bust when P&R was in place. They gambled and lost to Cas in the Grand Final. Not the only ones of course.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: t-r-i-n-i-t-y "Quoted for truth. Easier just to blame the RFL as the easy option than look at the real reasons.'"

I would agree with you - IF the RFL hadn't just subjected the Bulls to a robust and thorough process of financial scrutiny, and declared them a fit and proper club to receive a SL franchise.

The real issue here is that they've now done so with two clubs and either failed to identify the impending financial meltdown at all, or identified it but failed to act.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: bren2k "The real issue here is that they've now done so with two clubs and either failed to identify the impending financial meltdown at all, or identified it but failed to act.'"

I suppose partially correct, if you mean the Crusaders, because of course the RFL did identify the problems and twisted their arms to drop out.

Where the RFL is to blame is the box where there has to be a certain number of members. That is why clubs like Bulls and us offer season ticket prices that are unrealistic. Although our gates are up 30%, I bet our takings aren't. The difference is that we are building a groundswell to take to a new ground. The Bulls strategy was madness. 10,000 tickets at £60 a pop equates to a 3,000 crowd paying full price, but they wanted to put on the park a team that equated to 10,000 paying full price.

Some simple maths. £180 is the going rate for a normal season ticket. Let's say the Bulls could shift 3,000 season tickets at that price. That is just about what 10,000 tickets at £60 brings in. But the Bulls can get 10,000 a week, and so the other 7,000 have paid combinations of full price and concessions. If we average that out at £15 per ticket, that is £105,000 per home game. If we multiply that by the home games per season, that is £1,365,000 they are throwing away. Now, someone remind me how much extra they need a season to survive.

a046.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach389
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Unfortunately the Bulls fans thought the Wakey fans where giving them duff info about not giving the £1/2 million to help save the club, but if they had gone into admin at the start the supporters trust would have 1/2 mill ready to invest.
Although i`ve never been one of there biggest supporters , its the fans I feel for.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg

Quote: bren2k "I would agree with you - IF the RFL hadn't just subjected the Bulls to a robust and thorough process of financial scrutiny, and declared them a fit and proper club to receive a SL franchise.

The real issue here is that they've now done so with two clubs and either failed to identify the impending financial meltdown at all, or identified it but failed to act.'"

Of course they know, but because they have usually been covertly complicit to some dodgy course of actions prior to said club going pop, they adopt the stance of doing nothing and hoping it won't happen.
It's obvious to the wider RL public, why do you think it isn't to the RFL?
Just because they and the Sky peddle the myth that all is well in the SL garden, it doesn't mean they know it to be otherwise.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

They had ten days to come up with a buyer. If i was Caisley i would wait 5 days to see if anyone comes forward. If no one comes forward then i would look at selling as many players as possible to satisfy administrators then take over the club and start again. Think it was Guilfoyle who said on radio that the players wouldn't bring that much. I don't agree they have quite a number of players who are being well courted by several clubs. If Caisley works well with admin team i am sure they will be able to do deals to satisfy all parties. When we had players sold by admin team it was a different situation Glover didn't have control of the club and therefore couldn't have any say on what happened. Maybe once this is done and a big chunk of debt is paid off it might trigger some one to come forward with less outlay of money to be risked again.

162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
162 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.76953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
43s
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
1m
Leigh it is
moto748
1m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
2m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
3m
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
3m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
3m
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
3m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
4m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,161 ↑39980,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 20 523 264 259 32
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 20 398 314 84 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22