JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Humphrey "Well you presume wrong. I wasn't at the game. I do know what happened though and it's been dealt with.'"

I would think a couple have the Stewards to thank then for not wanting to take it further as I was at the game and saw the latter stages of it from where we were at the opposite end of the ground to the away fans.

It's all well and good making light of it and as I have said it wasn't on a par with a riot or anything like that but it was stupid and could have been costly to the Wakefield club.

The notion that fans should confront them once they have started is nearly as funny as watching them waddle down the touchline trying to catch up with the lads who were being taken out, sure a couple had to stop to get their breath a couple of times before they got to the bottom end.

Confronting lads who are kicking off with Stewards is only going to aggravate the situation and potentially get others involved unnecessarily.

The real fans did the right thing by letting the Stewards deal with it, it is after all what they are paid and trained to do. Idiotic actions like that tarnish the small but excellent majority that travelled, all because they have had a sniff of the bar mans apron.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20482
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Humphrey "The police got involved and let it go. I hope the steward is ok, I'm sure he is. People are dragging it on on here because they have sad little lives with nothing better to do. If you felt so strongly about it why didn't you confront the guys involved?'"

Oh that would have helped. Great idea.
But as they were charging off to the stewards around the pitch it was unlikely anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20482
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: vastman "I have to laugh at these threads, especially the mock Daily Mailesque outrage of some.

Every Saturday night across the land hundreds of folk are arrested for drink fuelled public order offences some extremely violent or even fatal but most accept the reality of the situation.

A RL match is in some ways an even more explosive situation yet these events are relatively uncommon and it amazes me it doesn't kick off more often. Crowds, beer, mob mentality, human nature, passions ignited - some will always respond badly it's human nature what do you expect?'"

I'm genuinely surprised at your attitude to this Vast.
What I expect is to be able to pay to watch a rugby match without having to watch out for thuggish hooligans.
I don't think it should be a problem on Saturday night but clearly it is in some places but that place shouldn't be on a Sunday afternoon at a rugby match.
They need to know it isn't acceptable.
I hope they are prosecuted by the club and the police.

This behaviour will make people stay away and will kill the club even more.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

I have to agree with Vasty - whilst public order offences at sporting events are pernicious and unpleasant, it's hardly a big surprise that they happen; rivalry, beer and an eclectic mix of people - I would suggest that if you stick a few thousand people in those circumstances anywhere, there'll be a few incidents; it's the way of the world. What matters is how its dealt with - and it sounds like this one was dealt with quite well?

As for the family game nonsense - RL really is no more a family sport than any other, and hasn't been for donkeys years - certainly not in my lifetime.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well PopTart aren't you the goody two shoes. I'm glad you have never done anything wrong in your life. Did someone appoint you as the local snitch or did you take the role up all by yourself?

I can introduce you to the people involved and you can happily tell them your thoughts and how you think people should behave at a "family" game.

Yes it was daft what the 2 lads did but they tried to go watch the game at the other end. Initially there was no malice in it just 2 lads being boisterous they actually got sat down and had a laugh and a joke with some stewards before a couple started getting heavy handed. They never goaded or attacked any other supporter..

The police got involved ticked the lads off and sent them on there way. Why PopTart is it now down to you to carry on this witch hunt?? You want these lads banning??? Well there'll be another 30+ joining them, can the club really afford to lose that many fans at this current time?

Fortunately you're in the minority but if you want to take this further you can report the lads to the club yourself if you want them banning. Come meet us at the next game and you can point them out to the relevant authorities

RankPostsTeam
International Star11860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: Humphrey "Well PopTart aren't you the goody two shoes. I'm glad you have never done anything wrong in your life. Did someone appoint you as the local snitch or did you take the role up all by yourself?

I can introduce you to the people involved and you can happily tell them your thoughts and how you think people should behave at a "family" game.

Yes it was daft what the 2 lads did but they tried to go watch the game at the other end. Initially there was no malice in it just 2 lads being boisterous they actually got sat down and had a laugh and a joke with some stewards before a couple started getting heavy handed. They never goaded or attacked any other supporter..

The police got involved ticked the lads off and sent them on there way. Why PopTart is it now down to you to carry on this witch hunt?? You want these lads banning??? Well there'll be another 30+ joining them, can the club really afford to lose that many fans at this current time?

Fortunately you're in the minority but if you want to take this further you can report the lads to the club yourself if you want them banning. Come meet us at the next game and you can point them out to the relevant authorities'"

Christ.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5144
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I regret that their so called act of "boisterousness " could cost the club a lot more financially. It also adds to view of the RFL that we are now exceeded our expiry date. A rugby ground is not like Westgate on a Saturday night but some of our supporters cannot differentiate between the two. I guess it is a sign of what we as a country have now become and Wakefield is a prime example.
We have castigated the Widnes supporters quite rightly but take a different view when it is our own. If this was an isolated event you could possibly argue it away but with us having a suspended fine hanging over us it would suggest we have a problem albeit restricted to 30 supporters apparently.
I note you ask if we could stand to lose the 30 then yes because they are doing nothing for our reputation and could be another excuse for supporters staying away.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I do hope it won't cost the club financially and it shouldn't do either. It really was a nothing incident that has been blown all out of proportion on here.

I really don't believe an incident like this would make anyone stay away, as I've previously mentioned there was no animosity towards any other supporters and it was a bit of a laugh that got out of hand. For someone to come on here and aggressively state that they should be prosicuted and banned is ridiculous

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Humphrey "Well PopTart aren't you the goody two shoes. I'm glad you have never done anything wrong in your life. Did someone appoint you as the local snitch or did you take the role up all by yourself?

Fortunately you're in the minority but if you want to take this further you can report the lads to the club yourself if you want them banning. Come meet us at the next game and you can point them out to the relevant authorities'"

This post is just laughable. If the 30+ lads are all as hard of thinking as your idiotic mates then yes they can afford to lose them and the sooner the better. You do realise that the club has to set a precident here don't you, especially given its recent previous? It lets this incident ride and it has to let the next one go as well otherwise there are claims of unfair treatment, but then things might just be a little worse or more serious next time. It gets nipped in the bud now and if that means banning a couple of imbeciles so be it. If their mates who think it is acceptable to fight within the confines of a sports stadioum follow them so be it, good riddence.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sacred Cow "This post is just laughable. If the 30+ lads are all as hard of thinking as your idiotic mates then yes they can afford to lose them and the sooner the better. You do realise that the club has to set a precident here don't you, especially given its recent previous? It lets this incident ride and it has to let the next one go as well otherwise there are claims of unfair treatment, but then things might just be a little worse or more serious next time. It gets nipped in the bud now and if that means banning a couple of imbeciles so be it. If their mates who think it is acceptable to fight within the confines of a sports stadioum follow them so be it, good riddence.'"

Well if you feel so strongly about this I suggest you write a letter to the club and look get the individuals banned. You'll feel a lot better about your life then

RankPostsTeam
International Star11860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: Humphrey "Well if you feel so strongly about this I suggest you write a letter to the club and look get the individuals banned. You'll feel a lot better about your life then'"

Pathetic response - much like your attitude. You want to act like a brainless idiot, go watch Leeds United. If you know the people involved but don't want to reveal the names to club, that just sums you up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Humphrey "Well if you feel so strongly about this I suggest you write a letter to the club and look get the individuals banned. You'll feel a lot better about your life then'"

Thank you for just proving my point.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Willzay "Pathetic response - much like your attitude. You want to act like a brainless idiot, go watch Leeds United. If you know the people involved but don't want to reveal the names to club, that just sums you up.'"

Why should I reveal names? It's been dealt with. It's sad morons like you with nothing better to do with your life than cry on a dwindling forum that's got upset about this.

You say it sums me up, you don't even know me yet you make accusations about me?

Fortunately the people on here are in the minority and plenty of people have stopped coming on here including the club chairman because of boring moaning idiots like you.

If Michael Carter has an issue I'll speak to him about it.

If you people are desperate to know the lads who did it I'm happy to meet and introduce you, this is not aggressive or threatening and does not mean any violence will be involved it's just so you can vent your frustration face to face instead of on a forum.

As I've said before it was daft what the lads did but it was a scuffle with a few stewards and nothing more needs to come of it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sacred Cow "Thank you for just proving my point.'"

You've moaned about it but not willing to do anything about it. Proves my point that your nothing but a busybody idiot

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12461
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Lets leave it there.

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.38671875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 17 Warrington Away
christopher
30m
Bradford Away 140724
RealSteel89
35m