FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Fans allowed back.... A bit late for us...
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
FIL
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4580
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46136_1705770219.jpg
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!! Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46136.jpg

Quote: Dunkirk Spirit "Just been announced on News, Yorkshire to remain in Tier 3. I suppose that’s a little bit of good news. I’ll be able to collect my commit six season ticket and shirt on Saturday after all.
Be advised that the shop is only open from 10 til 2 on Saturday and closed on Sunday though, DS....we got caught out the other day as we didn't realise that it was closed all this week icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops:

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/blog/2020/ ... ing-hours/
Quote: Dunkirk Spirit "Just been announced on News, Yorkshire to remain in Tier 3. I suppose that’s a little bit of good news. I’ll be able to collect my commit six season ticket and shirt on Saturday after all.
Be advised that the shop is only open from 10 til 2 on Saturday and closed on Sunday though, DS....we got caught out the other day as we didn't realise that it was closed all this week icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops:

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/blog/2020/ ... ing-hours/

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain903
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74356_1721602612.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74356.jpg

Quote: vastman "Without wanting to reignite the Covid debate I can’t understand why we aren’t. In fact it should just be a blanket tier 4, it’s not like the virus knows or that there are not loads of irresponsible people kicking about.

Another Boris fudge, I don’t get it he just looks weak.'"

I would be careful what you wish for Vasty, those sage folk are now wanting a complete lockdown like the first because of this super new strain, no schools open even and saying complete lockdown until May 2021 .even new vaccines wont have enough effect. Anyway hope Boris takes no notice of them this time.a happy new year to all you folks who post on here.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: KevW60349 "I would be careful what you wish for Vasty, those sage folk are now wanting a complete lockdown like the first because of this super new strain, no schools open even and saying complete lockdown until May 2021 .even new vaccines wont have enough effect. Anyway hope Boris takes no notice of them this time.a happy new year to all you folks who post on here.'"

Well there's something amiss isn't there with the last 3 days registering over 50,000 new cases daily and now death tolls shooting up now to over 900 over the last two days,

there are too many now not taking it seriously enough as it's been going on that long they either are that stupid that they think it won't effect them or just so selfish they don't care

Personally I think the vaccinations is the only way through it but then others don't want to take for fear of being microchiped
I had my flu jab the other week and will wait for this one

And here's wishing all for a better new year next year hope all keep safe and well icon_cheers.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36085
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: KevW60349 "I would be careful what you wish for Vasty, those sage folk are now wanting a complete lockdown like the first because of this super new strain, no schools open even and saying complete lockdown until May 2021 .even new vaccines wont have enough effect. Anyway hope Boris takes no notice of them this time.a happy new year to all you folks who post on here.'"

I wish there was a total lockdown especially the schools, the ultimate super spreader.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: snowie "Well there's something amiss isn't there with the last 3 days registering over 50,000 new cases daily and now death tolls shooting up now to over 900 over the last two days,

there are too many now not taking it seriously enough as it's been going on that long they either are that stupid that they think it won't effect them or just so selfish they don't care

Personally I think the vaccinations is the only way through it but then others don't want to take for fear of being microchiped
I had my flu jab the other week and will wait for this one

And here's wishing all for a better new year next year hope all keep safe and well
100% right.
The selfish idiots who couldn't give a toss about anyone else and a government that is incapable of any kind of plan, isn't the greatest way to keep the population safe.

Looks like "we" have now decided to go against the 21 day 2 vaccination advice given by Pfizer.
Our experts have decided that it will be ok to give the second jab 3 months later instead of 21 days and are cancelling the 2nd injections for some that have had the first dose ??

Health and happiness to all for 2021

Stay safe and show some thought for others. a046.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3070
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "100% right.
The selfish idiots who couldn't give a toss about anyone else and a government that is incapable of any kind of plan, isn't the greatest way to keep the population safe.

Looks like "we" have now decided to go against the 21 day 2 vaccination advice given by Pfizer.
Our experts have decided that it will be ok to give the second jab 3 months later instead of 21 days and are cancelling the 2nd injections for some that have had the first dose ??

Health and happiness to all for 2021

Stay safe and show some thought for others.
Just to say that its the first dose that is the important one.
This gives at least 60% immunity, which is same as the highest rate for the flu jab.
The second dose is recommended at 21 days as that's what it revealed in the research.
Delaying the second dose will not make any difference,
Also, it obviously allows for many more people to receive the first dose and protect more of the public.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player39No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78269_1603037959.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78269.jpeg

Seems there are a few players at the club who couldn’t give a flying f*ck if supporters return or not.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Another national lockdown incoming. And after that I imagine it’ll go back to individual tiers.

At this rate I can’t see fans being allowed back in for the start of the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: BarnsleyGull "Just to say that its the first dose that is the important one.
This gives at least 60% immunity, which is same as the highest rate for the flu jab.
The second dose is recommended at 21 days as that's what it revealed in the research.
Delaying the second dose will not make any difference,
Also, it obviously allows for many more people to receive the first dose and protect more of the public.'"

I'm fully accepting about the first dose giving a "good level" of protection and I agree about the importance of protecting as many people as possible as quickly as possible.
However, when the manufacturers themselves say that they haven't tested the vaccine with a 12 week gap between the 2 doses, it would seem prudent to be led by their advice.
Right now, I would trust Billy Liar himself above Bojo but, I certainly yield to your expertise, as you seem to have some additional information to that which is available to the masses.

There is a serious question on the back of your comments though and that is, IF the second dose "will not make any difference," then, why bother with a second dose at all. Both the Pfizer vaccine and the Oxford vaccine seem to advocate 2 doses at different times ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2752
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77371.jpg

Quote: Willzay "Another national lockdown incoming. And after that I imagine it’ll go back to individual tiers.

At this rate I can’t see fans being allowed back in for the start of the season.'"

I think you may be right. I’m sure I’ve seen in the media, SL had a date o 11th March to start the season. That’s looking very doubtful, hopefully, the clubs have a streaming strategy (I know it’s not a word to use with SL management). I don’t have Sky Sports, but I watched trinity games last season, using the streaming service for Season ticket holders. I found this service more than satisfactory. Perhaps those who could afford it, invest in a season ticket. The whole family could watch a game with just the one ticket holder, until we can get back to live games.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3070
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "I'm fully accepting about the first dose giving a "good level" of protection and I agree about the importance of protecting as many people as possible as quickly as possible.
However, when the manufacturers themselves say that they haven't tested the vaccine with a 12 week gap between the 2 doses, it would seem prudent to be led by their advice.
Right now, I would trust Billy Liar himself above Bojo but, I certainly yield to your expertise, as you seem to have some additional information to that which is available to the masses.

There is a serious question on the back of your comments though and that is, IF the second dose "will not make any difference," then, why bother with a second dose at all. Both the Pfizer vaccine and the Oxford vaccine seem to advocate 2 doses at different times ?'"

Its only the [idelay [/iof the second dose that will not make a difference.
You would have more immunity from the 1st dose of either of the vaccines than you would from the flu jab.
Oxford research says that the delay does not cause a reduction in immunity and actually shows a benefit.
Pfizer researched theirs at 21 days - that's not to say that more research into that would not allow it to be given further apart as standard.
The key is that you would be 70% protected from the 1st dose.
Hope that clears that up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2752
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20196 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
77371_1547338507.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_77371.jpg

I wonder if Sky Sports will want another refund this year.

This report today from love rugby league

Super League clubs are bracing themselves for a delay to the start of the 2021 season.
The campaign traditionally kicks off at the end of January but was put back by six weeks to March 11 after the 2020 season ran to the end of November and, with the coronavirus pandemic showing no sign of easing in the short term, another delay appears inevitable.

A recommendation is expected to be made by the league’s fixtures working party when it meets later this week and an announcement is due next week.

“The working group are looking at all the available options,” confirmed a Super League spokesperson.

Those options are likely to include a delay of one or two weeks but no decision will be made without the approval of television broadcaster Sky Sports, who is thought to be keen to get the season under way before the start of April.

The fixtures were due to be published in mid-January but the spokesperson confirmed that is now unlikely.

A delay would force a re-think on the planned 27-round format since the new season cannot realistically be extended beyond the scheduled October 9 Grand Final with the 2021 World Cup due to start a fortnight later.

Officials are unlikely to add to the players’ workload by arranging more midweek fixtures so a reduction in the number of games could put the Magic Weekend under threat.

Alternatively, clubs could decide to remove the four extra “loop” fixtures, even though it would mean reduced income.

A delay would also create more scope for the return of crowds, which is seen as essential for the long-term survival of the clubs.

It seems inevitable that matches will initially once more be played behind closed doors and in double or triple-headers at Covid-secure stadia and fixtures are set to be backloaded in the hope that the more attractive matches can be played in front of fans.

All Super League clubs, with the exception of Catalans Dragons, have returned to training and are undertaking Covid-19 testing but some are still awaiting the arrival of overseas players.

Meanwhile, the Championship and League 1 clubs will meet on Wednesday to debate their 2021 season, with the proposed start date of February 27 in serious doubt.

As with Super League clubs, they are viewed as elite sports so can play on during the pandemic but the Rugby Football League advised them to pause their pre-season training programmes for a fortnight after the Government brought in the latest lockdown.

The RFL also postponed the fixtures announcement as well as the draw for the first two rounds of the Challenge Cup.

The cup was due to get under way for the second and third-tier clubs on the first weekend of March and needs to get down to the last four before the Super League sides enter on the weekend of April 10.

Another key date will be Wednesday, January 20, when the RFL laws committee meet to discuss the rules for the 2021 competitions, with most interest centred on whether to bring back scrums.

Listen to The Final Hooter podcast, featuring exclusive interviews, every week. SUBSCRIBE to Love Rugby League on Apple Podcasts.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1319No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dunkirk Spirit "I wonder if Sky Sports will want another refund this year.
what a nightmare

This report today from love rugby league

Super League clubs are bracing themselves for a delay to the start of the 2021 season.
The campaign traditionally kicks off at the end of January but was put back by six weeks to March 11 after the 2020 season ran to the end of November and, with the coronavirus pandemic showing no sign of easing in the short term, another delay appears inevitable.

A recommendation is expected to be made by the league’s fixtures working party when it meets later this week and an announcement is due next week.

“The working group are looking at all the available options,” confirmed a Super League spokesperson.

Those options are likely to include a delay of one or two weeks but no decision will be made without the approval of television broadcaster Sky Sports, who is thought to be keen to get the season under way before the start of April.

The fixtures were due to be published in mid-January but the spokesperson confirmed that is now unlikely.

A delay would force a re-think on the planned 27-round format since the new season cannot realistically be extended beyond the scheduled October 9 Grand Final with the 2021 World Cup due to start a fortnight later.

Officials are unlikely to add to the players’ workload by arranging more midweek fixtures so a reduction in the number of games could put the Magic Weekend under threat.

Alternatively, clubs could decide to remove the four extra “loop” fixtures, even though it would mean reduced income.

A delay would also create more scope for the return of crowds, which is seen as essential for the long-term survival of the clubs.

It seems inevitable that matches will initially once more be played behind closed doors and in double or triple-headers at Covid-secure stadia and fixtures are set to be backloaded in the hope that the more attractive matches can be played in front of fans.

All Super League clubs, with the exception of Catalans Dragons, have returned to training and are undertaking Covid-19 testing but some are still awaiting the arrival of overseas players.

Meanwhile, the Championship and League 1 clubs will meet on Wednesday to debate their 2021 season, with the proposed start date of February 27 in serious doubt.

As with Super League clubs, they are viewed as elite sports so can play on during the pandemic but the Rugby Football League advised them to pause their pre-season training programmes for a fortnight after the Government brought in the latest lockdown.

The RFL also postponed the fixtures announcement as well as the draw for the first two rounds of the Challenge Cup.

The cup was due to get under way for the second and third-tier clubs on the first weekend of March and needs to get down to the last four before the Super League sides enter on the weekend of April 10.

Another key date will be Wednesday, January 20, when the RFL laws committee meet to discuss the rules for the 2021 competitions, with most interest centred on whether to bring back scrums.

Listen to The Final Hooter podcast, featuring exclusive interviews, every week. SUBSCRIBE to Love Rugby League on Apple Podcasts.'"

RankPostsTeam
International Star1209
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73558_1651394349.jpeg
What would a Cockney know about rugby league?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73558.jpeg

I've written off Magic Weekend having read that. If we're not going to be starting the season with people in the grounds then it just isn't happening a few weeks later.

With way things are developing the postponement of the World Cup seems almost inevitable now as well.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2258
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

From what I’m getting as a chairman of a community club is there won’t be any community rugby until at the earliest 2nd weekend in April, there’s a community webenair this evening that will give us a more confirmed update, but if the community game is on hold I can only see championship and league 1 in the same boat and the March start date for SL looks highly unlikely, the FA are currently discussing a short stoppage of all soccer games at all level including premier league.

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3837890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
11m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
34m