JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I wouldnt appreciate ale being thrown on me, every club has young lads full of beer following them at one time or another & hopefully they will grow out of it. It’s when the blokes who are old enough to know better are acting up it really galls me.

I’ve had some real abuse thrown at me over the years at Belle Vue by Giants fans when we used to change ends. Sadly it’s indicative of the society we are living in!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Alan Cargill "Now before i start i'm neither a bitter Hudds fan or a troll but a rugby league fan who goes to a few games each week due to my work and i was quite surprised and shocked to see a large group of your supporters being absolute dicks after the game outside the stadium walking up to the town centre, lewd chants in front of kids, goading Huddersfield fans and getting in faces, walking in front of cars, hitting and kicking cars and street furniture, jumping in the main road and generally just acting like football hooligans, they were even dressed like them is this a regular thing and are they regular supporters as i can't say i've been too familiar with them when attending your games, either way they did your club no favours at all tonight and i would have been suitably embarrassed if i was a Trinity fan.
They weren't just kids either, some were grown men wearing merchandise who should really have known better.

Congrats on the win and all the best for the season.'"

Well I followed the group and tbh it was nothing more than high spirits. Personally I wouldn’t act that way but this is 2019 Alan and that is how it is, where good behaviour is concerned Pandora was let out of the box years ago.

If you have an issue contact the Police or the club bit as it stands you’re coming across as someone hiding their bitterness in faux indignation.

Unless you saw a different group then I’m sorry but I can’t back you up in this one.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain820No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Willzay "Any form of intimidating and unruly behaviour has no place in the modern game. However, with regards to swearing, it happens at every game at every match, so in that respect RL hasn't been a "family game" for years.'"

Think I learnt to swear at the Rugby

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7400
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: Fishermanscap "Well I followed the group and tbh it was nothing more than high spirits. Personally I wouldn’t act that way but this is 2019 Alan and that is how it is, where good behaviour is concerned Pandora was let out of the box years ago.

If you have an issue contact the Police or the club bit as it stands you’re coming across as someone hiding their bitterness in faux indignation.

Unless you saw a different group then I’m sorry but I can’t back you up in this one.'"

It was outside the ground so technically not the clubs problem.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6601
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: Fishermanscap "That’s rich from a Hull fan. Sorry mate but the top 10 worst experiences I’ve had in RL all involve Hull fans Nd 8/10 were the B&W variety.'"

Really send the list, I will peruse it, you are taking the tit for tat mentality, I don’t care which team it is, my own included, sh##e behaviour is not acceptable, blinkers off chum.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
74926_1554763186.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_74926.png

That kind of behavior is not acceptable, and you will find most Wakey fans reading this will not be so flippant and quick to dismiss it as a sore loser rant.
There are fans/people like that at all RL clubs, as there are in society generally, the idea you are alluding to that this is "normal" for Wakey particularly and nobody else is bound to attract sarcastic comments.
Its not what we want in RL, but its the nature of the event that brings a charged atmosphere, emotion and beer together in one place.
Like PT say's, we don't want them, film it and send it to the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3864
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66815_1344197625.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66815.jpeg

Without evidence there is little the police or RL clubs can do. Public CCTV does not record audio footage so is limited.

As already said we don't need hooligans going to rugby matches. People need to record and then report ASAP rather than putting it on a fans forum anonymously which does not address the issue.

Most people have a smartphone with an inbuilt camera and mobile data. The personal safety app records the audio visual evidence with exact GPS location which can then possibly be backed up with CCTV in the area. This is stored not on the phone but a server and sent to 5 safety contacts by email. This can then be passed onto the police. 34,000 people have downloaded and use this app and its secure be design accredited and MOST IMPORTANTLY FREE.

SEE IT.RECORD IT.REPORT IT.

https://hollieguard.com
Without evidence there is little the police or RL clubs can do. Public CCTV does not record audio footage so is limited.

As already said we don't need hooligans going to rugby matches. People need to record and then report ASAP rather than putting it on a fans forum anonymously which does not address the issue.

Most people have a smartphone with an inbuilt camera and mobile data. The personal safety app records the audio visual evidence with exact GPS location which can then possibly be backed up with CCTV in the area. This is stored not on the phone but a server and sent to 5 safety contacts by email. This can then be passed onto the police. 34,000 people have downloaded and use this app and its secure be design accredited and MOST IMPORTANTLY FREE.

SEE IT.RECORD IT.REPORT IT.

https://hollieguard.com

RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Riderofthepalehorse "Sorry Egg Banjo, but similar scenes after your great victory at the KC earlier in the season, a gang of yobs banging on cars, shouting obscenities, obviously worse for wear in the drink department, threatening behaviour, but too many to say it was an isolated incident, yes all clubs have their idiots, but the scenes I witnessed was alarming.'"

If this is true then why didn't you say something at the time, why wait until now?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6601
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: little wayne69 "If this is true then why didn't you say something at the time, why wait until now?'"

That’s a fair point little Wayne, on that particular game at the KC I did praise Wakey on their performance, big Dave especially, I suppose it would have sounded like sour grapes at the time.

I have no allegiance to any other team than my own, I try to be honest, we all have had our problems with fans in the past and presently, but as a seasoned watcher of the game over a near lifetime, I can honestly say I have never seen this before from Wakey fans.
As a number of your own supporters are identifying the problem, it kind of validates it, not scoring points, or diluting your win last night, it’s crap when a few spoils the experience of others.

RankPostsTeam
International Star522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Deary me, 5 pages now dedicated to a small group of idiots that nobody would condone. Wasn't there last night but as someone that manages to get to a few away games each season I would say they in no way reflect our brilliant away fans.
Yes as others have commented every team gets the odd idiot or three but when you work out the percentage as to the number in attendance last night it was minuscule.
From what I have seen online hats off to the numbers that made the trip last night and I hope each and every one of you(excluding that small handful of buffoons) had a fantastic night and that you are still smiling about it today. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7400
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

I wonder if this is the same lads who "wrecked" the stand in London?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1374No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2022Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Am ya papi:

Alan alan alan it works both ways. What do you think of this one then?

On the way into the stadium I was verbally abused on 3 occasions by some “youths” in Huddersfield attire. Called cue ball, slap head and egg head! All of which I ignored however I found it very difficult with it being my first game back after my time in hospital.

This was reported to the stewards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain188No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Any misbehaviour by any fans is not good, sorry to hear of your abuse but i didn't see that incident so cannot comment on it, the group of 30-40 Wakefield fans causing disruption to cars, pedestrians etc i did see and was appalled by it, it seems others did too and seems to be a few Wakey fans suggesting this isn't a one off, hopefully someone did get footage, i chose not to as i didn't feel in the situation and mood of those idiots that taking my phone out to film them would have gone down too well.
I didn't see what happened on the way into or indeed in the town as i returned to my car at the opposite end to where they were going but it appears they carried on their behaviour up into town too.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's a group of 16-18 year old numpties who get boozed up before every game and can't handle their beer. Out comes the macho bravado soonish. The atmopshere they can create when they stick to supporting the team with decent songs is good but add booze into the equation and it seems to blur the lines of what is acceptable behaviour to them. I know the demographic because I recognised one or two from a couple of years ago when I worked at a Wakefield school. I didn't see anything untoward while in the stand (apart from a couple of cringeworthy chants) but I can imagine after the game on the way home that they'd have been a bit dickish.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2486
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Haven't seen any bad behaviour from Wakey fans for years at Cas games, but then again you haven't beaten us for years icon_wink.gif Things could change though in the next derby if we don't get some players back and then it could be mayhem icon_lol.gif
After Saints beat us this year a group of their young fans were behaving terribly in front of young kids and ladies after the game but as they neared their buses a group of older Saints fans actually manhandled them and read them the riot act. Cue very sheepish behaviour and an instant sobering up. Maybe we should all do the same.

49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
49 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.279296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
boardwalkemp
4m
Round 16 London Home
KaeruJim
11m