JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JINJER "You don’t rejuvenate a team by letting two of the better players leave.'"

'Letting' them leave, you can't chain them to the floodlights icon_smile.gif
If they get better 'offers' what can the club do? Out bid the competition? Where would that get us?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It would if. The club wanted with 2 players remaining at the club.
Let's imagine that Millers on his way the club have 2 options.
Go out a Nd seek another stand off,
Use Walker
Dont even concider option 3

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: phe13 "'Letting' them leave, you can't chain them to the floodlights
Yes the club have to keep.the better players,as stated previously the club need to make sure the revenue streams are better (that is the job of the Chairman/CEO)
Wakefield is a big city compared to most of these other clubs in super league but we can't even spend the full cap.
Come on even Castleford and Featherstone are spending the full cap and are running their clubs very proffesionaly and doing what is needed to get the funds in that is needed.
Featherstone are miles in front of us at the minute and they have a far better team than us and are only in the championship, there is no comparison in how the clubs are run and the quality of the players in both afore mentioned clubs

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

Batchelor seems to have struggled to nail down a first team starting spot for us in a struggling team, so i think that it probably is the right thing for him to move on for his own career progression. Good luck to him, he seems to have a great attitude and hopefully he finds his new club works better for him.

Miller is the most overrated player that we have in my opinion. I cant fault his effort and commitment, but he gets so much ball and creates very little with it. Average kicking game and one dimensional passing is far too predictable. We need far more from our number 6. If he goes, which i think he will, we need to get his replacement right and invest heavily in this position to get the right man.

Johnstone is a massive loss and we cant expect to replace him like for like. Good luck to Tom it has been an absolute pleasure to watch him in the red, white and blue and i will now watch Catalans when they are on TV to watch him play, I never bothered before as i had no interest in them. Murphy is likely to be his replacement and has some fantastic potential and i look forward to seeing him develop. But we should not put the burden of expecting him to win games for us like TJ has done in the past, and we should not be relying on ANY winger to be the matchwinner.

It is definitely going to be a make or break few months for the team but something significant had to change and this looks like being the time. But first we need to survive this season. So if the players on the way out dont step up then they need to step aside and allow others with the heart for the fight that is definitely coming for the rest of this season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1036No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lampyboy "It would if. The club wanted with 2 players remaining at the club.
Let's imagine that Millers on his way the club have 2 options.
Go out a Nd seek another stand off,
Use Walker
Dont even concider option 3'"

Why on Earth would Cas want Miller? I'm sure their fans are delighted with him replacing Trueman or Richardson?! Let's have a good old fashioned swap deal then..... a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: captaincaveman "Batchelor seems to have struggled to nail down a first team starting spot for us in a struggling team, so i think that it probably is the right thing for him to move on for his own career progression. Good luck to him, he seems to have a great attitude and hopefully he finds his new club works better for him.

Miller is the most overrated player that we have in my opinion. I cant fault his effort and commitment, but he gets so much ball and creates very little with it. Average kicking game and one dimensional passing is far too predictable. We need far more from our number 6. If he goes, which i think he will, we need to get his replacement right and invest heavily in this position to get the right man.

Johnstone is a massive loss and we cant expect to replace him like for like. Good luck to Tom it has been an absolute pleasure to watch him in the red, white and blue and i will now watch Catalans when they are on TV to watch him play, I never bothered before as i had no interest in them. Murphy is likely to be his replacement and has some fantastic potential and i look forward to seeing him develop. But we should not put the burden of expecting him to win games for us like TJ has done in the past, and we should not be relying on ANY winger to be the matchwinner.

It is definitely going to be a make or break few months for the team but something significant had to change and this looks like being the time. But first we need to survive this season. So if the players on the way out dont step up then they need to step aside and allow others with the heart for the fight that is definitely coming for the rest of this season.'"

Cant agree at all Captaincaveman
Miller is class but is playing behind a completely beaten pack every week.
As for TJ being a big loss again I don't agree,someone who sits in the stands over half the time isn't a loss because if you are never on the field you are no good to your club

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildmoggy "Why on Earth would Cas want Miller? I'm sure their fans are delighted with him replacing Trueman or Richardson?! Let's have a good old fashioned swap deal then..... Trueman has signed for Hull so it's a straight replacement for him,Miller will.go VERY well at Cas because he won't be playing behind a beaten pack like ours every week,you could put who you like in our half's but with how weak our pack is they wouldnt create anythimg

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

Quote: Trinhomeandaway "Cant agree at all Captaincaveman
As for TJ being a big loss again I don't agree,someone who sits in the stands over half the time isn't a loss because if you are never on the field you are no good to your club'"

I guess we all see things differently. Most Halfbacks dont get to play behind someone like Fifita, that pulls three or four players to him and creates loads of space. Our pack for me does a good job, teams dont go through the middle of us they go around the edges by creating overlaps.

As for TJ not being a big loss. IF we stay up this season it may very well be due entirely from a 40 minute display from him against Salford, and yes getting injured in the process. But i take your point that he is a luxury that we can not afford.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1036No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trinhomeandaway "Trueman has signed for Hull so it's a straight replacement for him,Miller will.go VERY well at Cas because he won't be playing behind a beaten pack like ours every week,you could put who you like in our half's but with how weak our pack is they wouldnt create anythimg'"

Ohh has he? Ohh well we'll probably get Gaz O'Brien then eh......

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Jul 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildmoggy "Ohh has he? Ohh well we'll probably get Gaz O'Brien then eh......'"

More likely we will end up with some cheap halfback from the championship

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trinhomeandaway "Cant agree at all Captaincaveman
As for TJ being a big loss again I don't agree,someone who sits in the stands over half the time isn't a loss because if you are never on the field you are no good to your club'"

Totally agree re Johnson , but whilst I like miller when our pack has had sustained ascendency we have struggled to score.

Realistically miller club captain and our main pivot has to take some of the responsibility for thsy

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20853
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Kirmudgeonlyisback "Totally agree re Johnson , but whilst I like miller when our pack has had sustained ascendency we have struggled to score.

Realistically miller club captain and our main pivot has to take some of the responsibility for thsy'"

Miller hasn't played in some of our key loses so it kinda says he is important to us.
I'd be disappointed if he went to Cas. Not just for leaving but going to Cas? He knows how that would go down with the fans.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6823No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: Kirmudgeonlyisback "Totally agree re Johnson , but whilst I like miller when our pack has had sustained ascendency we have struggled to score.

Realistically miller club captain and our main pivot has to take some of the responsibility for thsy'"

I like Miller and will wish him well should he go but the reality is he has so much ball but so very often frustrates me with the options he takes. The bullet pass to Ashurst 2 yards away when an overlap goes begging is painful to watch week in week out.

We have regular occasions on opposition lines where we just cannot convert to points and ultimately that’s down to the pivot player who have. It come up with the plays to unlock defences.

Rohan smith nailed it in his interview. He said Wakey thrive off broken play and all they will do is look to restrict those opportunities. It shows how easy opposition coaches see us to defend against imho.

Miller has been decent for us and I’ll cheer him and thank him for while ever he’s here but I think if we are wanting to change from being the struggling team we need to invest in some fresh players.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76816.jpeg

Quote: JINJER "You don’t rejuvenate a team by letting two of the better players leave.'"

You certainly do if they don’t want to play for you anymore and have chosen to move on ,you then use their wages to get players that do want to play for us

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20853
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Kettykat "You certainly do if they don’t want to play for you anymore and have chosen to move on ,you then use their wages to get players that do want to play for us'"

But they aren't coming this season so it's wasted.
We need the best players available to us on the field.

47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0537109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
8m
Film game
Boss Hog
8m