FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Vaccine Passports?
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

There is a bit of a scam going round on texts saying you need a covid passport and click the link to download.
Of course they ask for card details.

The app is free from android or apple store.
It's the NHS App from NHS Digital.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2217
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19733_1343563234.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19733.jpg

Quote: dboy "The govt has a duty to care for it's citizens, often when they don't think they need caring for - seat belts, helmets on motorbikes, clean air zones, emissions-based taxation systems - the list is endless.

None of the things you cite as personal choice affect me in the way covid will - if you are fat or drunk

What are the consequences of me been unvaccinated effecting anyone around me. I'm less likely to spread it than anyone that's vaccinated. I had a bad dose of it in the Summer I already have natural Immunity and that does protect me and others around me more so than anyone thats not had it but is vaccinated. If natural immunity didn't work we would know about but no credible study has come out to show it doesn't.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: coco the fullback "Hopefully, it will look different by the first round proper on the 13th February.

I just think it will put a lot off and an opening day fixture at home against Hull needs to be a bumper crowd.'"

Not sure it will, you have your season pass scanned on entry it will be or is no difference to when I have my Covid pass scanned.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: deeHell "What are the consequences of me been unvaccinated effecting anyone around me. I'm less likely to spread it than anyone that's vaccinated. I had a bad dose of it in the Summer I already have natural Immunity and that does protect me and others around me more so than anyone thats not had it but is vaccinated. If natural immunity didn't work we would know about but no credible study has come out to show it doesn't.'"

But we are just as likely to pass it to you and as you are unvaxed you are more likely to be in hospital.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2613
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You should all find out how ,easy or hard it is with the Vaccine passport for the Leeds game on Boxing day .Please do not say it's a friendly so it does not count

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: deeHell "What are the consequences of me been unvaccinated effecting anyone around me. I'm less likely to spread it than anyone that's vaccinated. I had a bad dose of it in the Summer I already have natural Immunity and that does protect me and others around me more so than anyone thats not had it but is vaccinated. If natural immunity didn't work we would know about but no credible study has come out to show it doesn't.'"

Sorry, but you don't have natural immunity in the same way you don't against the latest version of the flu. All you have is immunity against the strain you had, one which may well have been superseded numerous times since. True you probably have an improved immunity but you're far from safe I'm afraid.

The fact that you had a 'bad dose' shows you're pre-disposed to the virus. Remember this is a virus that a third of people who have had it show no symptoms, they are the ones with the natural immunity, or at least so far. You are clearly not one of those.

Get vaccinated please. you are clearly at risk.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg

Sorry to rain on your parade a friend of mines daughter from East Yorkshire had Delta in the summer she now has omicron so think again about your immunity you will not have any in a couple of weeks by the looks of things.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: REDWHITEANDBLUE "Sorry to rain on your parade a friend of mines daughter from East Yorkshire had Delta in the summer she now has omicron so think again about your immunity you will not have any in a couple of weeks by the looks of things.'"

Not how I understand it, being triple vaccinated does offer you protection against Omnicron in the same way it does against the others, ie it improves your bodies immune response giving you a much-improved ability to fight it off.

Omnicron so far doesn't appear more lethal, just more transmissible. So far we have been lucky in that none of the variants has been more deadly than the first, should the next mutation do this then we may be in bother as the time lapse between a revised vaccine to become available may be too long. Hence the semi lockdown.

Whatever, Covid remains a very scary beast.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2217
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19733_1343563234.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19733.jpg

Quote: vastman "Sorry, but you don't have natural immunity in the same way you don't against the latest version of the flu. All you have is immunity against the strain you had, one which may well have been superseded numerous times since. True you probably have an improved immunity but you're far from safe I'm afraid.

The fact that you had a 'bad dose' shows you're pre-disposed to the virus. Remember this is a virus that a third of people who have had it show no symptoms, they are the ones with the natural immunity, or at least so far. You are clearly not one of those.

Get vaccinated please. you are clearly at risk.'"

I'm sorry I don't except that at all while a new variant does leave me a little more exposed I have enough previous immunity to not suffer. The evidence from the Alpha to delta variant has to be the overriding factor here. The evidence just isn't there and I'm pretty sure they've tried to find it. I don't so why this should be different. If I thought I was any risk to myself and anyone around I wouldn't hesitate to my Jab.

Going back to my original question and considering the Government are going to soon start classing double jabbed as unvaccinated (it's turning into a subscription service) this has tom be a worry on how this will impact on gates?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain404
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73945_1625172747.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73945.jpg

I come in peace. Been reading this thread with interest and also wondered as to how they might be implemented.

This comes on the day that it appears the government website ran out of test kits apparently and with supply chains and actual contracts being what they are who knows what the availability of tests will actually be in the new year.

As regards capacity, it would be interesting to see how different grounds can/will interpret the rather odd rules. Will they simply go off total capacity, go off a general average of overall crowd, or is there scope to treat each stand as a separate entity?

Personally, logical fallacy or not, I'm not a fan of these types of measures in general, where they are heading or the division they are already clearly sewing and I too am waiting to buy my season ticket based on what will be invoked.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg

Quote: vastman "Not how I understand it, being triple vaccinated does offer you protection against Omnicron in the same way it does against the others, ie it improves your bodies immune response giving you a much-improved ability to fight it off.

Omnicron so far doesn't appear more lethal, just more transmissible. So far we have been lucky in that none of the variants has been more deadly than the first, should the next mutation do this then we may be in bother as the time lapse between a revised vaccine to become available may be too long. Hence the semi lockdown.

Whatever, Covid remains a very scary beast.'"

Think you have misunderstood my point. I was highlighting that a friend's relative had delta in the summer and now has the new one so there is a question mark on relying on immunity from having another variant may not work. I think they no more hence the push to increase the immunity with the booster programme

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain404
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73945_1625172747.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73945.jpg

The regulations have been published:

Cat A: venues listed in Schedule 1 (will come to that)
Cat B: "is attended, or is likely to be attended, at any point" by 500 or more people indoors or partly indoors and partly outdoors
Cat C: Outdoors with 4,000 or more people
Cat D: events with over 10,000 people

Category B events require that the 500+ people "are likely to stand or move around" during the event, and that *doesn't* include going to the toilet or getting food or drink.

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/ ... 9827954691
The regulations have been published:

Cat A: venues listed in Schedule 1 (will come to that)
Cat B: "is attended, or is likely to be attended, at any point" by 500 or more people indoors or partly indoors and partly outdoors
Cat C: Outdoors with 4,000 or more people
Cat D: events with over 10,000 people

Category B events require that the 500+ people "are likely to stand or move around" during the event, and that *doesn't* include going to the toilet or getting food or drink.

https://twitter.com/AdamWagner1/status/ ... 9827954691

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

ok sorry about that. Had to lock while I cleaned it up.
No problem everyone posting on the subject, it certainly is relevant to us, just keep away from the anti vax stuff please.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach475No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28143_1294587081.jpg
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE NEVER RELEGATED NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28143.jpg

Quote: PopTart "ok sorry about that. Had to lock while I cleaned it up.
No problem everyone posting on the subject, it certainly is relevant to us, just keep away from the anti vax stuff please.'"

Basically only post what PopTart agrees with.

Dont post anything else or it will be deleted.

Goodbye.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: Deeeekos "I come in peace. Been reading this thread with interest and also wondered as to how they might be implemented.

This comes on the day that it appears the government website ran out of test kits apparently and with supply chains and actual contracts being what they are who knows what the availability of tests will actually be in the new year.

As regards capacity, it would be interesting to see how different grounds can/will interpret the rather odd rules. Will they simply go off total capacity, go off a general average of overall crowd, or is there scope to treat each stand as a separate entity?

Personally, logical fallacy or not, I'm not a fan of these types of measures in general, where they are heading or the division they are already clearly sewing and I too am waiting to buy my season ticket based on what will be invoked.'"

Its a tough question as there are bound to be extra costs to manage it, whether its devices to check covid passports or extra people to manage the queues.
To a club like Wakefield, the last thing we need is extra cost. But if it gets us a crowd in, then its probably worth it.

Now I think about it, I can't remember whether someone scanned my pass when I went to Wembley or just looked at it and let me through. I think they scanned at Wimbledon but not at Wembley. Anyone else go and remember what they did?

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

10.59716796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Championship Awards
Mr Bliss
4m
Decision on the field
hatty
7m