JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: alegend "Hampshire not been signed,leaves us short of cover on wing and in halfs . Hope the club as got there eye on a top half and not brining in a player who can play there now and again .Brough was very hit and miss last year, and is age as cough up with him.Would have kept the two forwards we had brought in on lone than a guy from Hull with a knee problem on a 3 year contract and the forward from London .We have 7 players coming back from injury next season.Was hoping we were signing quality not quantity'"

Its funny isn't it that most fans myself included, seem to see Hampshire as primarily an HB and as such the natural cover for Brough and Milller. Yet CC has clearly not felt that way, nor have any of his previous coaches, why I don't know I'm not savvy enough RL wise to say. What I do know is that at least five coaches have not felt the same, one of those being the much-vaunted Powell. They clearly know something we don't, I wish I knew what but I don't.

I can guarantee we have another HB on the way, I can also guarantee many fans won't rate him as much as we do and question CC coaching ability, I can guarantee CC will be proved correct so far as the Trinity team is concerned.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: homme vaste "Just seen a tweet from Ryan, stating the first he heard about not staying at the club was on social media. Putting all of this aside for a minute, I find that a little bit poor from the club if that is the case.'"

A bit naive of you, personally I wouldn't get involved because at some point you'll have to decide which ones lying. I seriously doubt thats how MC does business with players don't you, as ever I'd be tempted to look more at that odd creature the agent who 9 times out of 10 causes communications to break down.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2788
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76475_1531151403.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76475.png

Quote: Fishermanscap "A bit naive of you, personally I wouldn't get involved because at some point you'll have to decide which ones lying. I seriously doubt thats how MC does business with players don't you, as ever I'd be tempted to look more at that odd creature the agent who 9 times out of 10 causes communications to break down.'"

Which part of my post was naive? I thought I said that I felt it was poor from the club "If that is the case"?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: homme vaste "Which part of my post was naive? I thought I said that I felt it was poor from the club "If that is the case"?'"

That's what I'm saying, do you really think it likely? I'll drop the naive bit if you like but as I say its not worth fans getting involved in IMO because we will never know the full story, though I suspect some on here will claim they do know icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2788
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76475_1531151403.png

Quote: Fishermanscap "A bit naive of you, personally I wouldn't get involved because at some point you'll have to decide which ones lying. I seriously doubt thats how MC does business with players don't you, as ever I'd be tempted to look more at that odd creature the agent who 9 times out of 10 causes communications to break down.'"

I have made numerous points backing the club on this, and I still stand by the club on this to be honest - Just not sure why the need for the unprofessionalism in certain cases?

You say that is not how MC does business, yet he has openly made light of a players concerns over being treated like a piece of meat ? Is it really appropriate for the CEO of a SL club to respond on social media telling him to get a job in a butchers? Not too sure it is? I don`t agree with Ryan in the articles either, but he is speaking for himself and nobody else - MC is running a professional club and his actions need to reflect that.

By the way, I have openly been called a liar on here by a certain poster that is relevant to this situation, when I saw a player at Manchester Airport when he first signed for us, so now I tend to hold judgement on a lot that this person says - It is just a personal thing I guess, but I know a few others feel the same as I do.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17951
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Droopy "I think this is the right call personally. Yes he is a very good player and a wakefield lad but he messed around with his contract at the end of last season and is doing the same again now.

If he thinks he is worth more than what we are offering then fine, see you later.

The years of our owner overspending are gone and i am thrilled about that. I do not want MC to give in to a player who demands more money if its not there to be spent. Its a slippery slope and could lead to other players taking the same stance.

Good on you MC, i think Walker will be a better full back than Hampshire, and look forward to see who else signs in the off season!'"

That's exactly as I see things too.
It's a shame, as I think that Hampshire offers some x factor but, when you boil it down, although he offers excellent utility value and could possibly have been "groomed" to take over from Brough, we have better players for each position that he can cover and possibly because he didn't sign the contract offer earlier in the season (plus the shenanigans at the end of last season), the club moved for another full back, while they had the chance.
You would expect that he'll get a gig somewhere but, the lad has already had a shot at Wigan, Cas, Leigh, Workington and ourselves.

Always a shame when one of our local born players moves on and I wish him luck for his next club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

We've lost better players with better attitudes in the past. I don't think he'll be missed

RankPostsTeam
International Star1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We've ballsd up big time ,massive mastake ,he's a match winner

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Without knowing the specifics its difficult to know which side is right value wise. What i do know is we will miss him more than some seem to realise and whoever replaces him needs to hit the ground running now they are replacing ‘one of our own’ or the knives will be out.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2788
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76475_1531151403.png

Quote: wrencat1873 "That's exactly as I see things too.
It's a shame, as I think that Hampshire offers some x factor but, when you boil it down, although he offers excellent utility value and could possibly have been "groomed" to take over from Brough, we have better players for each position that he can cover and possibly because he didn't sign the contract offer earlier in the season (plus the shenanigans at the end of last season), the club moved for another full back, while they had the chance.
You would expect that he'll get a gig somewhere but, the lad has already had a shot at Wigan, Cas, Leigh, Workington and ourselves.

Always a shame when one of our local born players moves on and I wish him luck for his next club.'"

Agreed.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11887No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Brough has definitely not been a better player than Hampshire nor Miller for that matter this season.

Say what you want about his contract demands but the guy played every game this year in different positions and during the awful three
month slump which saw us drop into a relegation battle was one of a few who gave an .

Be interesting to see who replaces him and who is signed to provide halfback cover.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

ryan held talks with the messiah face to face on Wednesday it must of slipped his mind telling him that didn't want him but saying il be I touch early next week when I've looked at the figures

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Droopy "I think this is the right call personally. Yes he is a very good player and a wakefield lad but he messed around with his contract at the end of last season and is doing the same again now.

If he thinks he is worth more than what we are offering then fine, see you later.

The years of our owner overspending are gone and i am thrilled about that. I do not want MC to give in to a player who demands more money if its not there to be spent. Its a slippery slope and could lead to other players taking the same stance.

Good on you MC, i think Walker will be a better full back than Hampshire, and look forward to see who else signs in the off season!'"

I completely agree. He's a good player yes. But not as good as he seems to think he is. He's fast, he has a good side step and can break the line well. But his kicking game when he's played half back has been fair to poor. At full back he's done pretty well but lacks the stature in a situation fielding kicks with bigger guys. He's missed a few bombs in his time, though generally has safe hands. His passing is ok but not in the brough or miller class. So he makes a great utility player but does not have the complete package to make any position his own at super League level. He's kidding himself if he thinks he's bigger than our wage structure.
To be fair, he put 100% in till the end and does not appear to have been disruptive. I wish him well. Come back if you can get realistic

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

Quote: charlie63wildcat "
To be fair, he put 100% in till the end and does not appear to have been disruptive. I wish him well. Come back if you can get realistic'"

I disagree, I think it may have been very disruptive constantly having a player moaning that he deserves more than he's been offered by the club, especially after he turned down the original offer months ago and then left it to drag on with the constant snipes at the club.

It's obvious that he is being poorly managed by his agent who has set him up to fail. He's a decent enough player, and in years to come could be excellent, but at this point in his career, he's not one I think we'll miss all that much

RankPostsTeam
International Star1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ok name one player this season thats played ever game,scored tries, assisted, played in various positions and give 100%,its bloody joke

103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
103 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.51220703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Max
PopTart
1m
Game - Song Titles
Shinedown
2m