Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
68436_1348124028.png
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_68436.png

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I have sat back and read the posts on this forum until I have found it necessary to join in order to provide a perspective outside the small band of contributors to this site. We have lost three games two we would have not expected to win against this season and one we were albeit history would suggest it was unlikely. I seem to remember during the dark days that many of you posted saying we should all stick together and support the chairman, the coaching staff and the players that have shown the loyalty to play in the red, white and blue. Well that lasted a long time one game and it was open season on anyone connected with the club.
I blame the chairman and the board because they have put together a better team than any of us would of thought possible. The problem is they have increased your aspirations but decreased your patience. What you forget is we are a new team with playing being added all the time. We have been through this before with a similar initial prognosis.
I don't read Salford supporters criticising their board, team or coach and on the face of it could be considered to have under performed based on the team they have put together, the preparation time and facilities they were provided with. Their supporters have aspirations but understand it will take time however, their chairman's may not have the same understanding, much like some of you.'"

eusa_clap.gif Great first post.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This season is about avoiding relegation and this team is good enough to do that. Bradford was a bad performance but a for today , who was expecting us to beat SL champions Wigan with a new team and a number of injuries?

RankPostsTeam
International Star11895No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

New team it maybe, but still there are stupid, idiotic team selections, poor defensive decisions, poor ball retentions, basically we are still seeing the same mistakes from 3 bloody years ago. And this is the season where it will cost us if it is allowed to continue!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I have sat back and read the posts on this forum until I have found it necessary to join in order to provide a perspective outside the small band of contributors to this site. We have lost three games two we would have not expected to win against this season and one we were albeit history would suggest it was unlikely. I seem to remember during the dark days that many of you posted saying we should all stick together and support the chairman, the coaching staff and the players that have shown the loyalty to play in the red, white and blue. Well that lasted a long time one game and it was open season on anyone connected with the club.
I blame the chairman and the board because they have put together a better team than any of us would of thought possible. The problem is they have increased your aspirations but decreased your patience. What you forget is we are a new team with playing being added all the time. We have been through this before with a similar initial prognosis.
I don't read Salford supporters criticising their board, team or coach and on the face of it could be considered to have under performed based on the team they have put together, the preparation time and facilities they were provided with. Their supporters have aspirations but understand it will take time however, their chairman's may not have the same understanding, much like some of you.'"

Too right

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30451.gif
[img:1ti8ml82]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/snowie_photos/swag.jpg[/img:1ti8ml82] [b:1ti8ml82]when this is built the beers on me[/b:1ti8ml82] :thumb: [color=#0000FF:1ti8ml82]Yorkshire by birth Normanton By grace of God[/color:1ti8ml82]:30451.gif

Example Shaun Briscoe face like a brocken clogg, Mathers looks nice, make up and creams, result Briscoe puts is body on the line, Mathers is hand bag if you get my drift

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

It's not the fact we lost its the way a number of players performed following on from the Bradford game that is a concern along with team selection and use of subs again. How is it that a 17 year old can do be expected to do a straight 30 min stint but walshaw can't do a total of 30 mins. We need Wildie on the bench as McShane is not an 80 min player and would imo be more effective if spelled.

We need to be cutting out the basic errors we make and silly penalties we concede. Play for field position more instead of trying to score off every play, but not kicking possession away on the 3rd tackle when we have hardly had the ball etc.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10466_1341959799.jpg
[img:34ro2ar1]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/upthecats.gif[/img:34ro2ar1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10466.jpg

Teams/players if inferior to their opposition will make more mistakes, give more penaltie away....

We have the squad of players we have because of the clubs resources....it's a miles better squad than many of us could have dreamed of months ago when our financial plight became apparent....

Against Bradford we were dire, but for me all the ingredients were there for that performance/result to happen....today, we've gone to the team that did the double last year and played (and gave a good account of themselves) in the World Club Challenge last week......result.....we got beat by 22 points...

Still very, very early days....there's been good signs (and bad) the last thing the club/players need is all the negative stuff tht's going on from impatient fans....it's gonna take time....get behind the lads and show them our support....might just be the slight difference in pushing us to a win rather than a loss...

These are the players we've got.....it's what our budget has allowed us to field.....for all the stick Richie Mathers is getting at the moment, he's played 250 odd top flight games more than anyone who posts on this board.....a fullback playing behind a well beaten team is never going to look great....Billy Slater would look poor playing for us at the moment.....I've seen Mathers have good games for us....poor aswell......maybe he's out of form and struggling for a bit of confidence....like a few others? It's a dark place when you're low on confidence.....it's what we have though so we need to support....

Michael said the other day that is it....this is the squad we have to work with, so we need to back him and the players....it was always going to be a hell of a tough season considering circumstances of the last 6 months....to see so many throwing the towel in 3 games in is desperately disappointing....is it any wonder players are coming across that way on the field?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach99No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

well well well.

I haven't posted for a while and only do when I feel really strong about something

1, ok Agar has shortcomings and selection today is baffling which may need explanations but as ordinary FANS we don't know who was injured or who was preserved for later in the season so lets be realistic

does Agar drop the ball NO, does he try catch a ball that others should be taking NO, does he give away silly penalties No so its not all his fault....

does he have a right to drop players YES, does he have the right to pick the team YES, does he need to change things YES. so he can change things that's his job and he has to do this.....

no more picking his favourites if they don't perform, look at CAS and I hate saying that but Powell is doing a great job and keeping his squad keen, if certain players at wakefield didn't play every week regardless they may buck up their ideas,

after all im only a long suffering fan, but my club has picked off two of Bradfords best players over the last couple of weeks so behind the scenes things are looking up, I didn't expect to win today so a loss and rest for key players may be ok in the long run,

should we lose the next two then bring on the firing squad, admittedly i do think a team selection needs looking at and as a poor layman I would drop Mathers and Lyne, play Briscoe on the wing (his real position) and never ever ruin walshaw by playing him up front again, give the lad a chance in his best position not as a fill in cos someone is injured.

1, Mather out -- Sykes
2, Fox - with confidence is a good player
3, Collis - while banned try Walshaw
4, Keinhorst - While injured Ryan/Kirmond
5, Briscoe
6, Sammutt - Class
7, Godinet - Will be good when he settles
8, Scruton - just whats needed
9, Mcshane - needs to relax and not try do too much
10, Anderson/Moore/Smith - Smith at the minute lad is going to be a star
11. Kirmond - Danny you are Captain but just play your own game
12, Ryan - if not at centre otherwise Tautai to start until opposition tire
13, Annakin - but until the force is with us - then we have to play washbrook even if as a tackler

14-15-16-17- two props, Wildie (is he injured ??) and Lauititti (this man can change a game but not off the bench)

ok guys shoot me down now-----

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30451.gif
[img:1ti8ml82]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/snowie_photos/swag.jpg[/img:1ti8ml82] [b:1ti8ml82]when this is built the beers on me[/b:1ti8ml82] :thumb: [color=#0000FF:1ti8ml82]Yorkshire by birth Normanton By grace of God[/color:1ti8ml82]:30451.gif

Quote: Acatinbullland "well well well.

I haven't posted for a while and only do when I feel really strong about something

1, ok Agar has shortcomings and selection today is baffling which may need explanations but as ordinary FANS we don't know who was injured or who was preserved for later in the season so lets be realistic

does Agar drop the ball NO, does he try catch a ball that others should be taking NO, does he give away silly penalties No so its not all his fault....

does he have a right to drop players YES, does he have the right to pick the team YES, does he need to change things YES. so he can change things that's his job and he has to do this.....

no more picking his favourites if they don't perform, look at CAS and I hate saying that but Powell is doing a great job and keeping his squad keen, if certain players at wakefield didn't play every week regardless they may buck up their ideas,

after all im only a long suffering fan, but my club has picked off two of Bradfords best players over the last couple of weeks so behind the scenes things are looking up, I didn't expect to win today so a loss and rest for key players may be ok in the long run,

should we lose the next two then bring on the firing squad, admittedly i do think a team selection needs looking at and as a poor layman I would drop Mathers and Lyne, play Briscoe on the wing (his real position) and never ever ruin walshaw by playing him up front again, give the lad a chance in his best position not as a fill in cos someone is injured.

1, Mather out -- Sykes
2, Fox - with confidence is a good player
3, Collis - while banned try Walshaw
4, Keinhorst - While injured Ryan/Kirmond
5, Briscoe
6, Sammutt - Class
7, Godinet - Will be good when he settles
8, Scruton - just whats needed
9, Mcshane - needs to relax and not try do too much
10, Anderson/Moore/Smith - Smith at the minute lad is going to be a star
11. Kirmond - Danny you are Captain but just play your own game
12, Ryan - if not at centre otherwise Tautai to start until opposition tire
13, Annakin - but until the force is with us - then we have to play washbrook even if as a tackler

14-15-16-17- two props, Wildie (is he injured ??) and Lauititti (this man can change a game but not off the bench)

ok guys shoot me down now-----'"

what a good post are you Tim Sheerwood or Wayne Bennett, i claim my fiver

RankPostsTeam
International Star915No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

When you talk about budgets all we can afford 4overseas players3domestic players in sammut, mcshane and scruton since the start of the season doesn't seem to me like a club that's skint sorry these players or their wages won't be cheap so I for one don't buy that as an excuse,but eh what do I know

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20373No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Slightly OT but what is the hype with Salford? They have an outdated coach and are terrible through the core of their team. 9, 7, 13 & 1 are poor, Meli has the mobility of the QE2. Real missed opportunity in game 1 for Trinity.

No chance of top 4 and I would be surprised if they made top 6.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I picked them as an extreme example of a new team that were put together but benefitted from all the advantages we didn't but have still produced indifferent performances. The hype comes from the press and their chairman. I am sure most of you do not expect them to be in the relegation battle. Their first three performances say they will but the team they have put together says not. I would suspect that unlike your own team you will give Salford the benefit of the doubt and expect them to come good surely Wakefield should be given the same consideration without the need for all these rabid posts.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1273No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Aug 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: try scorer "When you talk about budgets all we can afford 4overseas players3domestic players in sammut, mcshane and scruton since the start of the season doesn't seem to me like a club that's skint sorry these players or their wages won't be cheap so I for one don't buy that as an excuse,but eh what do I know'"

Absolutely naff all about our budget. Next question?

Really annoyed me this weekend that I've heard people saying that things can't really have been all that bad last august. We'd have been better off not signing sammut and scruton because suddenly all sense of proportion has gone out of the window.
We let smith go and got sammut in at less net cost! We got the signing on fee from sky. Paid a whole load of debts and allocated some of it to bring scruton in. Things are still extremely tight. There will be no more in unless players go out first.
We've tried to give ourselves the very best chance of avoiding relegation whilst making sure by the year end that all debts will have been cleared.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So far we have lost to a salford side with 13 debutants, less 'gelled' than our own, and one who lost their star signing injured early on. Then to a Bradford side in turmoil, one who had just sold their star player to us. Now Wigan, a team who were without plenty of first team players and have just travelled back from the other side of the world. All 3 games were there for the taking but we never, bar a good 30 minute spell at salford, looked like getting near a win. But the most worrying thing is the lack of improvement through those games up to press. We look many weeks away from being a competitive side but we don't have that long. Make no bones about it, Catalans and London will be targeting us as a chance to get their own seasons up and running. We need to be an awful lot better otherwise we will get found out. We can't wait 6 weeks to come good, by then we will be in deep you know what. We need improvement NOW and we need points on the board. If we get the required improvements then Agar has done his job and people should allow him to get on with things. But if we carry on making the same basic errors and looking ridiculously disjointed then maybe he is not the man for the job. Richard, over to you.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5879No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13517.jpg
:13517.jpg

That is absolutely crazy to think that Sammut - one of last season's most potent attacking players - costs less than Lee Smith!

Smith must have one hell of an agent icon_wink.gif

113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.6728515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Fev H Play Off
Bull Mania
16m
Grand final Tickets
Azul
25m
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
37m
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
47m
Film game
Boss Hog
51m
Recruitment rumours and links
Winslade's O
Recent
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
cheekydiddle
Recent
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
1m
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
1m
Leigh it is
tedglen
1m
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
1m
Fev H Play Off
Bull Mania
2m
Play-off semi-final
Prince Buste
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
2m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
2m
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Azul
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Little willy
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Captain Hook
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,505 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22