Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Stanley Cat "Jinder
Once again if this happens we will do nothing but compain on this forum. If there is a hint of this happening then we should do something about it. Without fans the game is nothing.'"

icon_lol.gif I can just see him now with a turban on icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3192No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22151_1298059614.jpg
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA //www.orlandovilla.org.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22151.jpg

Quote: Slugger McBatt "We were granted a Super League licence for 3 years in the same year that we went into administration and bought out of it. I'm not sure we can preach double standards. If the Bulls are bought out of admin and remain in Super League, I can't see the difference with us, apart from the fact that they have been allowed to retain a full playing roster, but was that more to do with the fact that it was mid-season. We had ours sorted by the time it got going and so maybe the same would have happened to us if it had been mid-season.'"

I don't think anyone is preaching double standards. I think our situation and the Bulls are a little different.

We went into Administration and the Administrator sold off players presumably to pay creditors or more than likely cover his own fee. The Bulls have not seen a single player sold and who is paying Gillfoyles fee.

We were bought by Andrew Glover with no guarantees on what league we would be playing in, we could have easily have been in the Championship but we had to apply for a franchise like everyone else. We were successful and I'd like to think it was that our bid was strong rather than Crusaders pulling out or Halifax's bid being pap but quite frankly its now immaterial. Whoever buys the Bulls, dispite the RFL saying no guarantees seem to being given a guarantee of SL, at least for a further 2 years.

We tried to pay off creditors long before the Administrator was called in. Tax bills were paid by selling Ryan Atkins and Danny Brough and Sir Rodney Walker loaned us money to settle one of the winding up orders. Unfortunately it wasn't enough. I have not heard of Bradford paying anything to the HMRC or ant creditor and we know they have not sold any players.

Andrew Glover paid off a fair few of the Creditors even though he probably had no obligation to do so. I wonder if the purchasers of the Bulls will pay off any of the creditiors including the HMRC (or in part). I guess we'll have to see.

Something about this whole situation does not add up and I'm very surprised that Potter has been working for nothing for all these weeks - how has he paid his bills - I doubt that he has been spending his life savings because he loves the Bulls so much.

I have nothing against the Bulls but it seems that they are being treated differently to say if it was us Salford or Castleford who were in the same postion. I guess we'll have to wait and see if anyone goes pop next and how that is dealt with.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7416
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: snowie "icon_lol.gif I can just see him now with a turban on Ha bloody ha!! icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach929No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39931.jpg
:39931.jpg

Quote: M62 J30 TRINITY "What I don't get is all this iconic big club nonsense, they had a successful team for a few years but are not what I'd call a big club. The problem with Bradford is Bradford without sounding racist alot of people have moved out of Bradford and have been replaced by non RL public hence Bradford not being a RL playing hotbed & the bulls having to throw their money at youngsters from Wakey cas fev batley etc. I'm not saying that if bought out of admin they should be relegated, we weren't and they shouldn't. But if it's a newco they should go down, it wouldn't make much difference to us if they were replaced by fax or fev and at least they produce more players'"

The whole of your post was utter garbage but the first bit highlighted is just laughable. icon_lol.gif

All the bitter comments I've read on this board over the last couple of weeks make me hope even more that we make the play offs at the expense of your club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6816No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: bigchris "The whole of your post was utter garbage but the first bit highlighted is just laughable.
When you say we? I take it you mean the rfl funded team playing under the bulls banner at maximum salary cap which the club can I'll afford.

Maybe you should be a little more modest about the special treatment the bulls have been getting past months.

I have sympathy for bulls fans as do most on here for being put through the mill but as far as the rfl/administrator and whole affair it smacks of double standards.

What would you expect to hear from fans of a club who went through the same your fans did but saw players sold for peanuts, little exposure and barely any rfl intervention? Ofcourse there will be bitterness but for the game as a whole it's a joke of a soap opera.

The bulls fans and game reputation are the victims in this affair but the bulls club and rfl seem anything but.

RDM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think too much is being read into the article.

The way I read it, the other SL clubs have all agreed that SL should remain a 14 club competition and have been updated on the progress of the bids for the Bulls.

There doesn't seem to be any guarantee that the Bulls WILL be in SL next year, and I suspect that if there isn't a business plan that addresses the historic debts then the Bulls will lose their licence.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2258
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

I've tried to avoid posting on here for a couple of weeks due to the fact I am struggling to post anything positive and with great on field performances it seems to go against how I feel right now, but this situation with the Bulls is a total joke, the RFL need to take a long hard look at their involment in this saga and may even take responsibility for its fruition, I have lost faith totally in the game and think that the credibility and integrity of the sport has been seriously damaged by the governing body, I think I'm going to stick to ARL and hope that BARLA don't compromise themselves in the same way as the RFL

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: RDM "I think too much is being read into the article.

The way I read it, the other SL clubs have all agreed that SL should remain a 14 club competition and have been updated on the progress of the bids for the Bulls.

There doesn't seem to be any guarantee that the Bulls WILL be in SL next year, and I suspect that if there isn't a business plan that addresses the historic debts then the Bulls will lose their licence.'"

icon_thumb.gif icon_thumb.gif icon_thumb.gif icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3587
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30451.gif
[img:1ti8ml82]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/snowie_photos/swag.jpg[/img:1ti8ml82] [b:1ti8ml82]when this is built the beers on me[/b:1ti8ml82] :thumb: [color=#0000FF:1ti8ml82]Yorkshire by birth Normanton By grace of God[/color:1ti8ml82]:30451.gif

While ever its 14 clubs, we will be in, so sod the rest and lets just carry on with what we have, which at the moment is very good. Together we are stronger and around for longer. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach929No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39931.jpg
:39931.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "When you say we? I take it you mean the rfl funded team playing under the bulls banner at maximum salary cap which the club can I'll afford.

Maybe you should be a little more modest about the special treatment the bulls have been getting past months.

I have sympathy for bulls fans as do most on here for being put through the mill but as far as the rfl/administrator and whole affair it smacks of double standards.

What would you expect to hear from fans of a club who went through the same your fans did but saw players sold for peanuts, little exposure and barely any rfl intervention? Ofcourse there will be bitterness but for the game as a whole it's a joke of a soap opera.

The bulls fans and game reputation are the victims in this affair but the bulls club and rfl seem anything but.'"

More bitterness again, I refer to 'we' as a loyal set of fans, backroom staff that haven't been paid in months and a set of loyal players who have stuck to the task despite their future being unknown.

If we had gone bust between seasons then we may also have had to sell players, as it happens this situation has occurred mid season and we have therefore been allowed some breathing space for the good of the game.

I haven't seen much sympathy from Wakey fans and a large percentage of the idiots we have had on our board are supporters of your club. The part I find amusing is that since you are in with a chance of making the playoffs suddenly your fans have become more vocal about their feelings, lets face it most Wakey fans couldn't care less about the Bulls situation until it directly affected them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach552No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14925_1298669620.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14925.png

Quote: bazzo44 "While ever its 14 clubs, we will be in, so sod the rest and lets just carry on with what we have, which at the moment is very good. Together we are stronger and around for longer.
while i agree with the above, we must not forget this situation when it happens to someone else. should salford or even cas find themselves in the same situation as the bulls, i would support them for equal treatment.

bben able to continue without selling any of the bulls assets is at best "suspicious"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: RDM "I think too much is being read into the article.

There doesn't seem to be any guarantee that the Bulls WILL be in SL next year, and I suspect that if there isn't a business plan that addresses the historic debts then the Bulls will lose their licence.'"

THIS.

But don't spoil it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36085
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: bigchris "The whole of your post was utter garbage but the first bit highlighted is just laughable. icon_lol.gif adding just to show how ridiculous you are.

Now show some dignity and keep quiet, you have the out come you wanted icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: bigchris "More bitterness again, I refer to 'we' as a loyal set of fans, backroom staff that haven't been paid in months and a set of loyal players who have stuck to the task despite their future being unknown.

If we had gone bust between seasons then we may also have had to sell players, as it happens this situation has occurred mid season and we have therefore been allowed some breathing space for the good of the game.

I haven't seen much sympathy from Wakey fans and a large percentage of the idiots we have had on our board are supporters of your club. The part I find amusing is that since you are in with a chance of making the playoffs suddenly your fans have become more vocal about their feelings, lets face it most Wakey fans couldn't care less about the Bulls situation until it directly affected them.'"

Chomp

What is the % of idiots then on your board compared to other clubs that support Wakefield who are against the Bulls being in SL? Or is it just a sweeping statement?

You are referring about comments on message boards that are an absolute minority of total support of any of the clubs.

To put some reality into the situation and perhaps to balance your current opinion of our club, we have been where you are and worn the tee-shirt, our administrator didnt sack the back romm staff or the key people needed to run the club behind the scenes, no he sold some f our best players so we could run as a club in Admin will all facets n place, at the cost of a full season on the pitch last year and with the absolute prospect of not having a SL license re-newed. In your case the administrator who was appointed by the club has sacked everyone except the players, the humilty shown by the staff and the coaches etc to work for 'free' is extremely admirable and should be applauded. However the fact that your players wages have been paid by the RFL from advance funds and yes I know that its Sky money etc and some due to the club, the fact is that the amount of income coming into the club is virtually nil your supporter base is based upon the 10K cheap season tickets you sold, the additionality is in the main from away supporters.

Back to the staff clubs agreed not to plunder your players, however the brasen task of sacking everything but the playing staff and even having to source free line paint from Leeds is a bit rich and perception from the outside and other clubs is pretty low on the whole affair, its beeen on going for months. Just to cap it off you obtained a B grade license last year and its aparent that you had already recieved substantial funds from the RFL along with this seasons lease investment by them. We were refused a temporary loan of nothing like what the ulls got and also when we had a reported bug money backer the RFL wouldnt give a condition of SL:.

These are some of the differences so if you want to slag us of fine but do it from the moral high ground and not from the quick sand you are currently standing in.

On your bids good luck however the due diligence check has yet to come and that may spring a few suprises for details hacve alook at the forum on totalrl. The press releases just out give no assurances to the Bulls about their future only that SL will have 14 clubs, its up to your club to go for it and prove they can compete in SL as it will be 14 clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5771
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Any sympathy I had for this lot disappeared long ago, mainly due to the arrogance of many of their fans and now I couldn't give a monkeys if they're here or not.

83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
83 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.65966796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
8m
Rumours thread
Dunkirk Spir
11m