JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".:

Quote: vastman "No actually it's not irrelevant, far from it. It may be a community stadium but we are the anchor tenant and thus have first dibs. The reason this has happened is because it was Trinity or SWAG I should say who drove it. This at a time when RW refused any involvement and thus lost your chance of an equal share forever.

No we don't own it, but it's ours more than yours and always will be even if we share forever and a day - it could have been so different if Cas and it's fans hadn't taken on quite such an I'm alright jack mentality - it would probably have been built by now- in fact you're still at it - not an ounce of humility from any of you.
Waste of time conversing Vasty, you already decided to argue the points you've made irrespective of whether I've mentioned any of them! 90% of your pontificating is about things i havent even said or alluded to, so take the chip off your shoulder. You're the one struggling with the idea of community outside your own boundary. The facilities on offer are for all, but they're more yours than mine! Don't usually see that kind of attitude outside a nursery! I don't want Cas to play at NM anymore than you, but if it makes sense and suits us then I'll watch them wherever; whether you like it or not.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Now Wakefield FC have announced they will open there season at Belle Vue this year think its a given that they will be moving to NM with us. So if theres already two sides playing on it would there be room for another team anyway?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11503_1315571839.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11503.jpg

Quote: Theboyem "Now Wakefield FC have announced they will open there season at Belle Vue this year think its a given that they will be moving to NM with us. So if theres already two sides playing on it would there be room for another team anyway?'"
No lock the gates now 2 is plenty.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: inside man "No lock the gates now 2 is plenty.'"

they can use the training pitch icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

So can I ask the Cas fans....are you saying you want to play in the Wakefield Community Stadium?
I thought it was a horrible idea when it was discussed before but suddenly we have some argueing that we can't have it all to ourselves.

Better make up your minds

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4961
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2334_1318529805.png
There's Only One F in Wakefield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2334.png

Quote: steadygetyerboots-on "It's irrelevant who "battled" for it as it is for the community and I don't get your point of "talk about what suits" either. I haven't expressed a desire for Cas to play at Newmarket so your eye rolling is lost on me too! I merely pointed out that as things stand the community stadium will not be "ours" as poptart put it, but you knew that already vasty didn't you.'"

If you're going to speak about the stadium, the least you can do is get the name right, please refer to it in all future instances as "The Wakefield Community Stadium".

Thanks bro.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: lampyboy "It was always going to be the case,tbh it could have gone either way at one point with wakey sharing the cas stadium. For me it makes perfect sence, but to the cas faithfull i doubt it.
It could be seen by many Wakey and Cas fans as the start of a MERGER, and i wouldnt put it past the RFL to apply the thumb screws.'"

Nor would I...funny though how they can accomodate 2 clubs in one city in Hull and a side with barely any or no better core support than us and Cas in Huddersfield.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

I've got a funny feeling this is going to be a very very very long thread but untill someone starts reving the digger engines its a lot of hot air.

Who knows whats going on behind the scenes and what twists will surface, best to keep ones powder dry imo.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11503_1315571839.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11503.jpg

Quote: El Rey "I've got a funny feeling this is going to be a very very very long thread but untill someone starts reving the digger engines its a lot of hot air.

Who knows whats going on behind the scenes and what twists will surface, best to keep ones powder dry imo.'"

Agreed, with all our false promises over the years we shouldn't be getting cocky about this. Let's get the thing built before we worry about who's in it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17238.jpg
:17238.jpg

Quote: Slugger McBatt "That's always been said, although it does seem that there is a newfound desperation to be a part of it, which seemed sadly lacking during the Public Inquiry. Ask the planning people who the stadium is being built for.

It would be great to see Castleford playing their rugby outside of Castleford and within the Wakefield boundary, at the stadium being proposed for the Wakefield club and at which the Cas CEO said they wouldn't play in. Then we can see who has the best franchise application, the one who nearly fills it every week, and which is pulling in an average over 8,000 per week in their current premises, or the team that won't nearly fill it every week.

That will be the biggest problem for Cas, selling it to their fans. Although many will go, just as many won't, and then there will be a direct and obvious comparison with the other anchor tenant. I can't see what would be in it for Cas, particularly if other financing options become available.'"

That's a bit selective isn't it....what about all the other seasons when you've not been selling cheap tickets and drawing smaller crowds...including those when we were in NL? You may have the bigger potential support but you're a long. long way from being able to demonstrate bigger sustainable support.

However if I were a Wakey fan I would be even more irritated by Cas fans claiming equal rights at NM just because it's a 'Community Stadium', when most prayed it would never be built. But the fact remains we will have the option of playing there and despite our former CEOs regretable interference in the planning process CT as a club should have no qualms about using such a communal facility....after all we have yet to let down anyone in the community by say going into administration.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4895
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: smoking monkey "That's a bit selective isn't it....what about all the other seasons when you've not been selling cheap tickets and drawing smaller crowds...including those when we were in NL? You may have the bigger potential support but you're a long. long way from being able to demonstrate bigger sustainable support.

However if I were a Wakey fan I would be even more irritated by Cas fans claiming equal rights at NM just because it's a 'Community Stadium', when most prayed it would never be built. But the fact remains we will have the option of playing there and despite our former CEOs regretable interference in the planning process CT as a club should have no qualms about using such a communal facility....after all we have yet to let down anyone in the community by say going into administration.'"

The problem though is the same as Wakefield sharing at GH that was always labeled your stadium and when the rediculous community tag was attached it could be used by Wakefield. Now the Stadium at NM if built is a community stadium for all but actually the marketing is already in place identifying it at Wakefield Trinitys new home rejected as an option by Cas and fev. So the damage is done its percieved as ours and you will always be considred the mior partner should GH not materialise. Oh and if GH doent come off there must be some questions for the cas board with all the potificating over the years.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12491
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Good thread this. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17238.jpg
:17238.jpg

Quote: REDWHITEANDBLUE "The problem though is the same as Wakefield sharing at GH that was always labeled your stadium and when the rediculous community tag was attached it could be used by Wakefield. Now the Stadium at NM if built is a community stadium for all but actually the marketing is already in place identifying it at Wakefield Trinitys new home rejected as an option by Cas and fev. So the damage is done its percieved as ours and you will always be considred the mior partner should GH not materialise. Oh and if GH doent come off there must be some questions for the cas board with all the potificating over the years.'"

Wouldn't disagree with any of that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36085
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: steadygetyerboots-on "Waste of time conversing Vasty, you already decided to argue the points you've made irrespective of whether I've mentioned any of them! 90% of your pontificating is about things i havent even said or alluded to, so take the chip off your shoulder. You're the one struggling with the idea of community outside your own boundary. The facilities on offer are for all, but they're more yours than mine! Don't usually see that kind of attitude outside a nursery! I don't want Cas to play at NM anymore than you, but if it makes sense and suits us then I'll watch them wherever; whether you like it or not.'"

Don't you dare take that high handed attitude with me pal, not for one second. I rarely get mad on these forums these days but those comments are reprehensible.

Your belated sense of community is frankly pathetic, we at SWAG certainly need no lessons in community spirit - it's been our mantra since day one in 2004.

Where were the Cas fans when we were marching on the Town Hall, signing petitions, lobbying MP's and Councillors? Nowhere, that's where. In fact it's only now that any of you are actually conceeding it's a community stadium - something Wakey fans accepted about 8 years ago!

It's not us and certainly not me who has the childish attitude - it's your club and your fans who have had it from day one - because you thought you had it over us.

Steady SWAG were there when Ted and Peter Box virtually begged Cas to join is a joint community Stadium - you know a stadium for the community you are suddenly part of. Only for RW to laugh in their faces, what a stupid man and that's been the attitude of everyone involved with Cas since - well until now.

Right from the start SWAG wanted Cas on board, if they had of been I have no doubt we would be in a new Stadium right now. Yet in all that time not one Cas fan has ever come forward and even attempted to see what was on offer - not one!

Odd when you consider how much effort a certain Leeds fan has put into a project that he gains very little from.

As I clearly state, it isn't our Stadium and it is for community use. However any fair minded decent human being would have to accept that it was Wakefield who pushed this and made it happen - and because of this deserve to benefit most, natural justice demands it. RW has stepped down because he hasn't got the humility within him to admit how monumentally wrong he was.

Saddest thing of all is that NM is still not a certainty and it would benefit hugely from Castlefords support - but my experience is that Cas are a self serving club and will never join in the true spirit of a community stadium - there will always be an angle. In the same way you are clearly demanding equal access for all for purely self serving reasons despite no effort on your part and sod the rest. You don't even have any representation on the trust so dismissive of the project have you been All very sad.

Until Cas fans genuinly commit and see NM as the shared future for all rather than the last chance saloon in case GH fails then I fail to see what they bring to the table and why they deserve to be part of a community project they have spent 8 years trying to strangle at birth - hardly the act of a community minded club is it.

Don't lecture us on community as you are clearly out of your depth, as for chips I suggest you have the whole damn shop on your shoulder. icon_evil.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: vastman "Don't you dare take that high handed attitude with me pal, not for one second. I rarely get mad on these forums these days but those comments are reprehensible.

Your belated sense of community is frankly pathetic, we at SWAG certainly need no lessons in community spirit - it's been our mantra since day one in 2004.

Where were the Cas fans when we were marching on the Town Hall, signing petitions, lobbying MP's and Councillors? Nowhere, that's where. In fact it's only now that any of you are actually conceeding it's a community stadium - something Wakey fans accepted about 8 years ago!

It's not us and certainly not me who has the childish attitude - it's your club and your fans who have had it from day one - because you thought you had it over us.

Steady SWAG were there when Ted and Peter Box virtually begged Cas to join is a joint community Stadium - you know a stadium for the community you are suddenly part of. Only for RW to laugh in their faces, what a stupid man and that's been the attitude of everyone involved with Cas since - well until now.

Right from the start SWAG wanted Cas on board, if they had of been I have no doubt we would be in a new Stadium right now. Yet in all that time not one Cas fan has ever come forward and even attempted to see what was on offer - not one!

Odd when you consider how much effort a certain Leeds fan has put into a project that he gains very little from.

As I clearly state, it isn't our Stadium and it is for community use. However any fair minded decent human being would have to accept that it was Wakefield who pushed this and made it happen - and because of this deserve to benefit most, natural justice demands it. RW has stepped down because he hasn't got the humility within him to admit how monumentally wrong he was.

Saddest thing of all is that NM is still not a certainty and it would benefit hugely from Castlefords support - but my experience is that Cas are a self serving club and will never join in the true spirit of a community stadium - there will always be an angle. In the same way you are clearly demanding equal access for all for purely self serving reasons despite no effort on your part and sod the rest. You don't even have any representation on the trust so dismissive of the project have you been All very sad.

Don't lecture us on community as you are clearly out of your depth, as for chips I suggest you have the whole damn shop on your shoulder.
eusa_clap.gif

End of thread.

65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
65 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.326171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
7m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
14m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
17m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
20m
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
31m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
34m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
59m
Squad 2024
faxcar
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
1m
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
1m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC
2m
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
3m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
4m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
4m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
4m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
4m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +12,009 ↑19980,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22