JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15996.jpg
"I know guys that pay £25 for a facial up north" "If that season review DVD was an A-level entry, it'd fail":15996.jpg

Quote: imwakefieldtillidie "Personally I not a fan of England, I much prefer to see a Great Britain team taking on the touring sides from Oz and NZ in a three game series.'"

In reality that won't happen for a long time because NZ don't draw crowds in a Test Series so the Four Nations is the best way to go, even at the expense of the Ashes. We should take a page out of the union book, rather than them from us for a change, and only use GB for tours to Australia/NZ, but, again, I think, for the near future at least, the Four Nations is best, running alongside the Pacific/European Cups.

Which 'true' Welsh/Irish/Scottish players would have got into the team yesterday?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3019No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Feb 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8757.jpg
:8757.jpg

Quote: snowie "news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/8361065.stm

who's going take the reigns now'"

I think its time to start looking for a new head coach boys!! Kear is the only english coach up to the job and the RFL would be mad to offer it anyone else IMO

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2400No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46934.jpg

You're right about the players. It may be nostaglia speaking, but the first GB game I went to was at Wembley against the Aussies in 1990, a feeling I will never forget. And whether it is us going down under, or them coming here, as a fan I feel there is somethings special about seeing a united British team taking on the Green and Gold shirt.

In fact, the only better feeling I have is when I think of the Wakefield team giving them a run for their money the same season. What a night that was! Just imagine what a touring Aussie team would do for the crowds at Belle Vue!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

IMO the only way forward is to develop a four nations competition which would include teams from England Ireland Scotland Wales, from which a Great Britain coach can choose a team.

This is the only way we can hope to develop a team capable of beating the Aussies or Kiwis on a regular basis.

It would also be a way for the more talented Amateurs/semi professionals to be spotted thus enhancing our professional game whilst giving them the opportunity to perform on the big stage thus helping super league teams the opportunity to fulfil one of their requirements by developing junior players.

Just a thought

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

According to the RFL press release they're looking for a full-time Head Coach for England - no sharing it with club commitments.

From the RFL press release:

"The recruitment of a new Head Coach will start straight away with RFL Chairman Richard Lewis assembling a panel chaired by Chief Executive Nigel Wood and including performance professionals and a former international player.

The panel will launch a two pronged campaign that will include targeted and open recruitment both domestically and internationally. Coaches will be assessed by the panel against set criteria to establish a shortlist of candidates. A recommendation will then be put forward to the RFL Board for approval.

As well as leading the preparation and coaching of the senior national team, the new Head Coach will also oversee the England Under 20’s team and mentor the U20’s coach. He will also work with the Head of the England Elite Training Squad to develop a four-year plan to produce 30 world class players for the 2013 World Cup.

As part of the restructure former Great Britain and England international Barrie Jon Mather was appointed as Head of Player Development, Clive Brewer as Head of Human Performance and Paddy Mortimer as Head of England’s Elite Training Squad which currently consists of 17 players – all personnel the new Head Coach will work in partnership with.

Mather is responsible for working with clubs to manage and implement the RFL’s revised player development programme which makes clubs the focal point of developing new and improved talent as well as overseeing England’s Under 18s and 16s programmes.

Sports science expert Brewer is responsible for implementing systems through sports science, strength and conditioning and medicine that will mean all players are well prepared and perform to their ultimate capability.

Paddy Mortimer who has previously worked as Performance Manager at Chelsea FC and Performance Psychologist and Strength and Conditioning Coach at Leicester Tigers is responsible for the Elite Training Squad which focuses on the implementation of individualised player development plans in conjunction with club coaches.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Wonder when we will be advertising to fill our vacant position !!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3192No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22151_1298059614.jpg
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA //www.orlandovilla.org.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22151.jpg

I guess there may be some kudos attached to being England coach but its a "poisoned chalice". The reason we cannot beat the Aussies in my opinion is not down to coaching but simply due to the fact that they are better players all round than us.

In Australia RL and RU are ahead of football so youngsters want to play Rugby so there is a steady production line of talent coming through. Also the climate helps and the fact that Australia seems more sport orientated than the UK.

In my opinion we will never be on a par with Australia whatever we do, that may seem a negative attitude and I guess it is but its what I believe. Over 20 years ago I said that I would never see GB (or England) beat Australia in a test series in my lifetime. I stand by that statement and if anything I think the gap between us is widenening.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Its no use even thinking about who should get the 'job' as whoever is appointed has little chance of coaching a successful England team.
By successful i mean competing with the Aussies,not beating them more than they beat us because imo that is an impossibility,but the odd win over here and at least giving us fans a hope that we are a team with a 'chance' against them.Sadly at present our game structure means we are as far away as ever of competing with them.
SL has not and will not work-the very structure of our game needs an overhaul for us to close the massive gap between the 2 nations.
For what its worth a few suggestions.
More money needs to filter down to the non SL clubs.A 2 tier 14 club SL needs to be formed with the rest being relegated to the Conference.
Some clubs have absolutely no chance of making ends meet with crowds of 300 etc and will never be able to.However in order to give clubs a chance to progress automatic promotion/relegation from the conference should be allowed subject to only the most basic of criteria i.e ground.We cannot take away what sport in GB has been formulated around promotion/relegation-we are not in Australia or USA -what works their does not mean we have to change or adapt generations of 'natural' competition.
That leads on to automatic promotion/relegation between the 2 SL leagues-competition, whether clubs are at the top or bottom breeds intensity which is just what we will get in any international.
How do we get more money into SL2?
if Sky wont increase their contract then they/RFL must allow the possibility of attracting a different TV contract for SL 2-ESPN etc,you never know as the current championship offers good competitive RL,and would,as it does on Sky now attract decent viewing figures.Hopefully that increased revenue for the 2nd tier clubs would mean a better enviroment to develop the young players and that just might result in more home bred future SL1 players being produced which naturally leads onto a better standard of home bred international RL player being produced.
Just as importantly we need to somehow restrict the overseas quota to say a max of 3 in SL1 and 1 in SL2.There just not enough opportunity in the key positions available at present due to the current rules.
Sadly,to me and many others what appears as reasonable logic i fear will not be even considered.I may be way off the mark,but one point i am convinced about is that unless a lot changes we will never compete against the Aussies.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13355
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Alive n kicking:

Quote: snowie "
who's going take the reigns now'"

santa clause (in contract)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13355
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Alive n kicking:

Quote: The Trip "Wonder when we will be advertising to fill our vacant position !!'"

job centre plus Monday morning but its very likely one off those folks on that ch4 programme benefit busters will be forced to take it... very worried that mr kear may apply

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1942No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MUTLEY CAT "job centre plus Monday morning but its very likely one off those folks on that ch4 programme benefit busters will be forced to take it... very worried that mr kear may apply'"

Think it's odds-on.
He was hypothetically asked the question last week by Claire Balding in Paris and in as many words said it would be impossible to turn down.
It has obviously been known in certain circles for a while that Smith would be going after this series,so it begs the question with Danny B and that is: Is he waiting to see what happens with JK before he makes his mind up with a new contract?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8360
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18923.jpg
ADAM WATENE & LEON WALKER R.I.P.:18923.jpg

Quote: BIGAL1 "Mwildcats gets my vote.'"

Cheers al icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It would appear the entire population of Castleford is behind John Kear getting the Job but only if he resigned from the job at Wakefield.

how coy

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5288
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

appointing Kear would also cost the RFL a few bob as he has just signed a two year contract.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2400No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46934_1276712580.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46934.jpg

Scrapping promotion and relegation will become the biggest mistake of all time. The previous poster was right, British sport is based on winners and losers an what chance of lower teams got of increased revenue if they never get to play the big clubs?

Also, what is the point of playing an entire season with nothing at the end of it? Unfortunately teams with the better business plans are granted promotion rather than teams on merit. Eventually all the sides outside Super League will cease to exist professionally, and reduce the amount of players we have to pick from even more. The gap will only get wider.

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.5986328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Accounts
the fax in a
50m
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
52m