Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

DEAN COLLIS

Let's start with Dean Collis the player. Tell us about your junior days in Australia and why you played Rugby League ?

[iI started playing when I was 3. I come from a rugby league family and I had 2 older brothers who played so it was just a natural thing for me to do. I was obsessed with the game when I was little and I was always outside kicking a ball around.[/i
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You started off at Wests and then moved to Cronulla in the NRL. How did those years in the NRL go for you and how did the move to Wakefield come about ?
[iI was a Wests junior and came through the grades with them. I made my debut when I was 17 and still at school. My first few years I really enjoyed as I was trying to establish myself in the team. I had a few injuries in my last couple of years and my form wasn’t great. I decided to go to Cronulla in 2010. The 2 years I spent there weren’t great on many levels but I made some really good friends there with people like Paul Aiton and Tim Smith who obviously came to Wakefield at the same time as me.
My manager had a conversation with Richard Agar and asked if I would be interested in coming over. I was at a point in the NRL where I wasn’t enjoying it anymore and felt I needed a change. Myself and Tim Smith had the same management company so it made it easier knowing he was going as well.[/i
Can you remember your Wakefield 1st team debut, who it was against and how it went ?

[iYes, my debut was against Widnes who had just been promoted and we played at their stadium which had the synthetic ground. It was freezing, I think it was minus 8. I don’t remember too much from the game but we got the win.[/i
You joined in 2012 and in that year we had a run into the playoffs eventually beaten by Leeds Rhinos who went on to win the Grand Final. How was your first season at Wakefield ?
[i2012 was probably my favourite year I spent playing professional rugby league. We had such a tight knit group of guys and the coaching staff were great. We started of the season a bit slow but we gathered momentum towards the back end of the year and had some really good victories over teams like St Helen’s and Leeds leading into the finals. Unfortunately we lost to Leeds in the playoffs but it was a great experience and something I will always remember.[/i
The Super League journey was never far from easy. Can you give us some highs and lows of your time at Trinity ?
[iObviously 2012 was a high. I think most people expected us to come last so to make the playoffs was a big achievement. The fans really got behind the team and you could feel the excitement around the club. On a personal level I felt like 2013 was one of my better years.
2014 was a tough year, the club was in a difficult position financially at the end of 2013 and we had to sell some of our better players. I was having a lot of injury issues in 2014 and 2015 which made it difficult to play the standard of rugby league I felt I could.[/i
We had so many personalities in the squad when you played. Was there anyone in particular who you bonded with with during your time ?

[iWe definitely had some big personalities in the squad. Particularly in the first 2 years we had a really tight group and there was plenty of players I got along with really well. I had a good relationship with Danny Kirmond, we both played on the right side and I feel like we had a good connection on and off the field. I still keep in touch with him today as well as Danny Washbrook. He was a great team player and always put the team first and was a great person to have around.[/i
We have run some supporter interviews in the last few months and we ask them for their best ever team. One supporter named you at centre in his side and added "He’s one of the classiest Centres I’ve seen down at Belle Vue! Silky hands, great offload and great at drawing his man! Just a shame he had injury problems! He was defensively sound too! Imagine Ben Jones Bishop playing on the right with Collis on his inside?" Was this a good description of Dean Collis at Wakefield ?

[iI think that is a fair description of me. I worked closely with wingers on positional play and tried to build a good combination with them. I definitely had my injury problems, that was the most frustrating part of my time at Wakefield.[/i
I gave the supporter who wrote the above an opportunity to ask you a couple of questions as well. So here they are... What was your favourite game whilst playing for Wakefield ?
[iIn 2012 we played Hull KR away. I think we had won 4 or 5 in a row and there was a bit of excitement around the club. We were behind late in the game and I remember Paul Sykes kicked a late field goal and we won 31-30. It was a great win.[/i
And secondly, How do you feel the centre position has changed over the years and what defensive qualities do you feel is needed for that position ?
[iThe centre position has changed over the years. I haven’t managed to watch to much super league recently but over here in NRL the centres and wingers are a bit bigger than when I played. They are used a lot more to get the sets started coming out of yardage. Defensively the centre position is one of the toughest on the field in terms of making decisions. You have to make split decisions on whether you are going to jam in on the player sweeping around the back or hold and stay in the line and hope the man inside you can get out to help. Communication with the players inside and outside you is so important. Everyone needs to be on the same page.[/i
Back with me now....68 appearances for Wakefield and 28 tries to go with it. Does any of those 28 stand out as a favourite or best try that you scored for us ?
[iIn 2012, I think it was my first try which was against Salford at home is one that stands out. Personally, it was relief to finally get over the line. We got the win which was really important as we had a really slow start to the year so it was important for morale.[/i
And what about Dean Collis now, career wise after rugby ? What do you do and what keeps you busy ?
[iI work for myself in construction. It has taken me a few years after retiring to find my feet and work out what I wanted to do.
I am married with 2 kids who are 9 and 6 so they keep me busy. All of my spare time is spent with them.[/i
Let’s finish with a chance to reflect on the players you played with in your career. Give us your dream team 1-13 of players that you played with?
[i1. Brett Hodgson 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Paul Whatuira 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Ben Cockayne 6. Benji Marshall 7. Scott Prince 8. Anthony Lafranchi 9. Robbie Farah 10. John Skandalis 11. Mark O’Neil 12. Danny Kirmond 13. Paul Gallen
Tim Smith and Paul Aiton were 2 players who I really enjoyed playing alongside also. Tim was magic when he was on as he showed in his time at Wakefield and Paul was one of the toughest players I played with. You always knew what you were going to get from him and he never let you down.[/i
And from that team, who would captain it and why ?
[iI only played alongside him a few times but Mark O’Neil was a terrific leader. He was a huge part in the Wests Tigers winning the competition in 2005 and was great with us younger players coming through. Everyone had so much respect for him.[/i
And to end with, anything you would like to add to the Wakefield fans out there ?
[iI really enjoyed my time over in Wakefield. I would like to thank the fans as they were always so respectful and pleasant to be around. We had some tough times while I was there but they always got behind the team. I know the club is going through a difficult period at the moment but I’m sure the fans will continue to support the team and help the club through it.
Cheers !
Dean[/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

STEVE SNITCH

Let's start with Steve Snitch the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?
[iI started out at hull boys club when I was 7.... the love for the game was there straight away I think. I just remember all I wanted to do was play. I moved to Embassy Longhill aged 14. At this time I was training every night... Hull schools, Yorkshire schools, Humberside and also club. Playing Saturday and Sunday. Couldn't get enough.[/i
If I remember correctly, you came through the junior ranks and were in the academy with some really good young talent from that era. How was your time at the academy and who did you play with that went on to make a career in the game ?
[iYeah that's right. Some of my best days. The excitement of getting signed was unreal... John Harbin gave me a trial after being spotted by John Holroyd. Played 4 trial games then got signed. Even though it was for very little money I wasn't even bothered. A lot of them lads went on to have great careers... Danny Brough... Tom Haughey.... Chris Feather.... Ben Westwood.....Gaz Ellis.....Keith Mason... A fair few went on to play a lot of championship rugby too. The only team that beat us was Leeds in the Academy Grand Final.[/i
Can you remember your 1st team debut at Wakefield? How did you feel when you got the call up and how did the game go ?
[iYeah I remember it well it was Leeds away in the challenge cup we were down to the bare bones so I got called up. Felt a mixture of nervousness and excitement.....Came on after about 25 mins and dropped it first touch then got spotted by Tony Carroll all afternoon . My super League debut came towards back end of the year against Saints, we got pumped but I played ok, then I think I played 4 more games that year.[/i
2004 was probably the season that a lot of fans remember most with the playoff win at Hull and then the heart breaking loss at Wigan. What are your memories of that season ?
[iThat was a great bunch of blokes that year I think most of still speak to this day and obviously we had a decent year... Shane got coach of the year too. Bitter disappointment after getting beat to Wigan obviously, but we was pretty much written off by everyone but ourselves.[/i
Can you give us some highs and lows of your time at Trinity ?
[iThe highs were first signing, making my debut, I got picked for the SL under 21s I enjoyed that.... My second stint at Wakey I had a good year on the pitch... unfortunately Adam Watene passed in the off season and then young Leon Walker.... obviously there was a few tough times when we were losing often but when people die it hits different. It never got lower than that.[/i
Was there anyone in particular who you bonded with with during your time at Wakefield ?
[iYeah Tom Haughey is my daughters godfather, I see Mark Stubly who played academy with us ....I flew to France a few week back for Olivier Elimas 40th... I see Paul Jackson for a coffee now and then I see Gaz Ellis at charity games we play in. There are blokes who moved back home that I spent a lot of time with.... Chris Feather, Semi Tadulala, I see them when they visit.[/i
Wakefield, Huddersfield, Castleford, Featherstone & Doncaster are among the clubs you played for. I'm assuming you loved West Yorkshire so much that you didn't want to leave the area ?
[iSh*t hole mate I'm back in Hull lol !![/i
Your Wikipedia page said you had a season at Northern Pride. I think it was an interview I did with Semi Tadulala that brought that team name up. Is that where the link up came and how was your time there ?
[iI signed the same season as Semi but it was Jason Demitriou that got me over... He'd just signed and I had a couple of chats with him then got a contract sent to me. As much as I enjoyed the place I was dogged with injury's I never hit 70 percent tbh, I played like 12 games I think.... Broke my face... Had a virus and lost nearly 2 stone.... F*cked my ankle and missed half of pre season... Couldn't really get any sort of match fitness.... Still es me off thinking about it now.[/i
290 appearances and 54 tries in the UK is some achievement. From the 54 tries, do you have a favourite that you scored and why ?
[iThankyou. Ok so no one believes that I've scored a full lengther...a proper one, none of this 80 metre sh*te .. it was against Halifax at home my first year, it was very close to the end of the year we hammered them..... Maybe you can help me find that tape? Lol.[/i
And what about Steve Snitch now, career wise after rugby ? What do you do and what keeps you busy ?
[iI'm a scaffolder now I work on Saltend Chemical plant 15 minutes from my house in East hull. Still play the odd charity game I'm actually thinking of making a comeback I reckon I'll get in the Wakey team this year lol. My 2 daughters keep me busy most of the time they're 13 and 9. Everything is good.[/i
Let’s finish with a chance to reflect on the players you played with in your career. Give us your dream team 1-13 of players that you played with from all the teams that you have been involved with ?
[i1. Paul Reilly.
2. Alby Torrens
3. Mick De Vere
4. Sid Domic
5. Semi Tadulala
6. Robbie Paul
7. Rangi Chase
8. John Skandalis
9. Brad Drew
10. Ben Westwood
11. Dave Solomona
12. Gaz Ellis
13. Adrian Vowles (c)[/i
[iVowlsey. Loves the game more than anyone I've met I think. Not seen anyone throw themselves so hard into another player without any regards for their own safety. He's the bloke you want defending next to you. Great bloke off the pitch too. Very Close second Gaz Ellis. Obviously.[/i
And to end with, anything you would like to add to the Wakefield fans out there that will read this
[iYeah I loved my time at Wakefield and I probably support them more now to my native Hull KR as the club gave me so much.... Really loyal set of fans that always turn up let's be honest we've had to sit through a few sh*t seasons over the years haha... hopefully they can stick with the boys and they can pick up a few more wins this year and seasons to come.
Cheers
Snitchy x[/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player23No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20232 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Great stuff.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: RWBA Wakefield Group "I've started to do some Ex-Player interviews on the Facebook group and I know not everyone does or likes the FB side of things. A shame for some people not to have a read, especially as a lot will have great memories of the players. So for those that aren't in the group, I've copied and pasted them here for you to have a read as well[/i]'"

These are quite a good read. Credit for finding the players for this.

I'm not speaking as a mod as there isn't really anything wrong with posting it I'm not precious of you advertising your own forum on here (especially as its not mine in any way) but the Heritage boys have been doing podcasts with these players for a long time and post the links on here.
If as you say you are posting as its a shame for people not to see them, it would imo only be fair to post their links to podcasts on RW&B.

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "These are quite a good read. Credit for finding the players for this.

I'm not speaking as a mod as there isn't really anything wrong with posting it I'm not precious of you advertising your own forum on here (especially as its not mine in any way) but the Heritage boys have been doing podcasts with these players for a long time and post the links on here.
If as you say you are posting as its a shame for people not to see them, it would imo only be fair to post their links to podcasts on RW&B.'"

I get on fine with Lee from the Heritage side and keep in contact with him (even ask him for a few bits of info on the players before I put my questions to them). No conflict of interest and always happy to support their side of things wherever I can.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20848
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Great. Glad you are all happy with it.
Just wanted to check.

All better for Trinity.

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

DANNY WASHBROOK

Let's start with Danny Washbrook the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?
[iI started playing at 7 years old. My friends from further down my street played for a team called Humbe Social Club. They were only a small club, just had 2 teams. Managed to score a try in my first game and loved it from then on. We merged with Skirlaugh at Under 12s and then at u16s I moved to Embassy and played there for 2 years.[/i
You started off at Hull FC. What were your memories of your first stint at Hull ?
[iThe main memory would probably be playing in the GF in 2006. It was my first full season in the team, I played 20 games in total that season, and only 12 months earlier in 2005 I'd played in the u21s GF and here I was playing at Old Trafford only 12 months later.[/i
A move to Wakefield in 2012, how did that move come about and what attracted you to Wakefield ?
[iRich Agar had announced he was leaving Hull FC at the end of the 2011 season and Hull had offered me a 2 year contract. But Rich rang me and told me he was taking the Wakefield job and that he'd like me to go. I spoke with an ex team mate of mine, Gareth Raynor and he basically said if you stay at Hull there's every chance you'll be in the same position 2 years down the line, playing 20 games a season, not first choice. Whereas at Wakefield it would be a fresh start and potential to be first choice. And it turned out to be great advice.[/i
Can you remember your debut at Wakefield and how did the game go ?
[iWe played Widnes on their brand new 'ipitch'. They were keen as mustard as they'd just been promoted and they started like a house on fire but we managed to get the win. It was absolutely freezing, and the pitch actually felt frozen![/i
We made the playoffs in your first year in 2012 before losing to eventual winners Leeds. What were your memories of that season ?
[iI have lots of memories from that season, we finished the season winning 7 games in a row to make the play offs which was a really good run. But I remember Gary Schofield saying if we made the play offs he'd run around Belle Vue naked. And fair play to him. He turned up on mad Monday in just a dressing gown, took it off, did a lap of the field and then joined us for a beer![/i
A few years later and you were involved in the Million Pound game against Bradford !! How did that game go for you and relief of survival (again) for Wakefield ?
[iAt the time, I'd already agreed to sign back at Hull, so as much as the result didn't matter in terms of the following year for me, I felt that I owed my team mates, the fans and the club to make sure I gave everything I had to get the win. And I'd like to think I did. And winning it was such a great way to finish my time at Wakefield by securing their survival. Even got a try![/i
The Super League journey was never far from easy for Wakefield though. Can you give us some other highs and lows of your time at Trinity ?
[iSome of the highs would be making the play offs in 2012, we played Leeds on a Monday night in a charity kit and beat them, that was another high, a couple of good wins over Cas, one in the first game of 2015, I managed to score the winner.
We had some lows, particularly going on a long losing streak in 2015 I think it was, and a performance against Cas at Magic weekend in Newcastle.[/i
We interviewed Dean Collis recently and he mentioned he has kept in touch with you. Was there anyone in particular who you bonded with with during your time at Wakefield and what about keeping in touch with your ex-teammates now ?
[iI stay in touch with a fair few of my Wakey team mates, Kirmo, Richie Mathers, Dean Collis, Jacob Miller, Paul Aiton, Scruts, Hally, Motu...probably more too ha![/i
You left to re-join Hull FC again and had a bit of success there with two Challenge Cup wins and a couple of close runs in the play offs. What can you share with us about those years including the opportunity to play and win at Wembley ?
[i2016 and 17 were probably the 2 best years of my career. I was playing well, playing regularly and contributing to what was a really good couple of seasons for Hull FC. Winning at Wembley in 2016 was a dream come true, and broke Hulls hoodoo at Wembley. So to go back in 2017 and win it again was unreal.[/i
341 games and 35 tries in your career. Do you have a favourite try you scored for Wakefield and you can also give us your best from Hull as well ?
[iMy favourite try for Wakefield was probably one from a kick against Leeds. Tim Smith looked up and I pointed to the line and his kick was perfect and I somehow managed to beat Ben Jones Bishop to the ball and get my hand on it.
For Hull it was probably the first ever try I scored for the club against Salford in 2006. I side stepped a couple of people from about 40m out and then beat the full back for speed to the line...not sure where that speed went haha[/i.
And what about Danny Washbrook now, career wise after rugby ? What do you do and what keeps you busy?
[iI have 2 sons who are into football so they keep me pretty busy! Ferrying them around all over, particularly my youngest as I help coach that team. Work wise I have a job with a recruitment firm in Hull called Novum Personnel. I've been there since Feb 2020 and I'm really enjoying it.[/i
Let’s finish with a chance to reflect on the players you played with in your career. Give us your dream team 1-13 of players that you played with from all the teams that you have been involved with ?
[iThis is going to be a tough one!!
FB - Jamie Shaul
Wingers - Ben Cockayne, Tuli Talanoa
Centres - Kirk Yeaman, Dean Collis
Stand off - Rich Horne
Scrum Half - Tim Smith
Props - Mark O'Meley, Scott Taylor
Hooker - Danny Houghton
Second Row - Danny Kirmond, Sika Manu
Loose forward - Gareth Ellis[/i
[iGaz Ellis would be captain, absolutely unreal player and leader. Brought the best out of everyone else when he played.[/i
And to end with, anything you would like to add to the Wakefield fans out there that will read this ?
[iJust like to say a massive thanks for all the support over the 4 years I was there and for turning out in good numbers for mine and Kirmos testimonial game in 2019. Times are tough at the moment for the club but things can only get better, keep turning up and keep believing!
Kind Regards

Danny Washbrook[/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Garen Casey

Let's start with Garen Casey the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?
[iI grew up in country NSW. There wasn't a lot to do except play sports and I was always energetic and happened to be quite a fast kid amongst others in that region so I naturally gravitated towards athletics, cross country and league. My dad was a ref and my 2 older brothers both played so everyone in my family were into it and Mum had a large family so we were always watching family play as well.[/i
You started off with Parramatta & Penrith. How did you find those early days in your career in the NRL ?
[iParramatta was the club that I followed as a kid. That run they had in the 80's with the 4 premierships was awesome and I idolized Brett Kenny. Getting to train and play with him in his final years was amazing. Just witnessing first hand how he was as a player, a team mate and a general person away from the game was a huge help professionally. When I graduated from school in 1992, I was already playing at a semi-pro level (league wasn't pro until 1996) so I got thrown into the thick of it. Parramatta hadn't had any success since 1986. I was one of many that they tried to hype up as being the next best after Kenny and Sterling retired but there was no way anyone would get near what they were to the club so many of us moved on. The players are still being compared to the 80's players and that's a natural thing for people to look at in regards to good memories. When I signed with Super League in 1995, I had to leave and play at Penrith as they were aligned with the new competition. I had 2 good years out there and actually enjoyed it better out there than at Parramatta. Penrith felt like a big country town although it was a part of Western Sydney but everyone was a Panthers supporter so we always had a good following. I was probably the fittest ever in my career in 1997 at Penrith. I had a very good off season and trained in other disciplines like kayaking and boxing as well as triathlon because I knew I had to have a big year as it was the 2nd year of my Super League deal and I'd eyed off going to the UK so it was in my plan to have a successful year.[/i
How did the move to Wakefield come about ?
[iI was actually supposed to go to Sheffield Eagles. They were waiting on an answer from John Doyle (another Aussie) who was already on contract and didn't know if he was coming back or not. When he did return, John Kear recommended me to Andy Kelly. My manager at the time had a good connection with Andy already and as he wanted to add imports to the roster, I was fortunate enough to get picked up.[/i
Can you remember your Wakefield 1st team debut, who it was against and how it went ?
[iI played centre against Warrington at Belle Vue in the Challenge Cup. I scored in the left corner in the first few minutes I think and we went into the break in a tight match. We got run over in the second half but it was a good start to my career at least.[/i
1998 was a massive year for Wakefield fans. What were your memories of that season (we will look at the Grand Final win in the next question) ?
[iI think it was how relaxed I felt after a few months of getting used to the game in the UK. The players all came together and bonded like a brotherhood and it's still like that to this day. There were no superstars, just a bunch of guys ripping in for each other. It took us a while to connect that way but once we did, we felt positive in what we were doing and the path that Andy had put us on. It came from some bad luck with David Mycoe dislocating his shoulder, but because of that, Andy moved Roger to half back and went and got Adam Hughes on loan from Leeds and moved me to stand off. When Josh Bostock joined us from Australia, all the pieces started to fall into place and we started our run of victories.[/i
Now let's look at the Grand Final win against Featherstone. How did the game go for you and how did you hold your nerve to kick the winning conversion ?
[iWe were confident going into the match and there wasn't any sign of nerves amongst us. It was a frustrating match for me because I prepared well and wanted to have a big game. I didn't hit my first 3 kicks well at all. I was nailing everything else in attack and cleaning up in defence along with everyone else but I was just out of rhythm with those conversion attempts in that first half. 18-0 would have looked better on the scoreboard at half time. When we got behind in the second half, we didn't panic at all. We had a good mix of experience among us so we kept our composure. When I scored and converted in the 2nd half, I think we knew we were controlling the game from there, regardless of what the score was. I felt we just knew we hadn't hit full speed yet. We kept building pressure and made some dents in their defensive line so we were getting the better momentum and field position. And obviously when Asa Amone knocked the ball down off Roy, it was more of a hope than anything for Nick Oddy to have seen it like we all did. He definitely got it right and a big time call by the tough judge to raise it in that moment of the game.
Then Andy injected Macca into the game and they just couldn't handle his size and speed. Our forwards were great all year and I felt we could have played another half of footy. They just kept going and when Macca came on, I thought Featerstone were out on their feet. Macca brought the right intensity into the game and we all responded from that and when Franny went over, I felt that we would just go on with it from there.
I think the kick would have been worse had I not converted my last try, so I was confident that I had my rhythm again. I always hit my kicks with a slight draw so it was always a left post target line for me from that distance. I just knew I had to stay in the kick and not come out of it. When I made contact I knew it was good. Nerves didn't factor in the process at all and the guys were great as well because not one of them said anything to me beforehand. It was kind of like them saying, "hurry up and put it over because we ain't done yet"[/i
One of the main things from that season that I remember was your partnership with Roger Kenworthy. Did you know Roger from your days in the NRL and how did things click so well in that season ?
[iRoger came from the Raiders and played alongside Meninga, Daley and Stuart who were probably 3 of the top 10 players in the game when he was there in the mid 90's. Being around players like that, you learn so much and I knew when Andy moved him to halfback, that I had an instinctive player to partner with me. I knew I didn't have to tell him what I needed because he was already doing it. We just clicked and the players responded well to him in that position. Every play I called, came from a confidence that we were all in tune with each other and Roger was a huge part of it all.....especially his blistering speed. When teams tried to lock me down, Roger would give them something else to worry about and vice versa. A lot of my freedom to roam and do my thing came from how unpredictable he was and it was perfect for everyone.[/i
32 appearances for Wakefield and with that came 17 tries and 115 goals as well. Apart from the important try in the Grand Final, do any other ones stand out for you from the 17 you scored for Wakey ?
[iThere's a few that come to mind but probably the 2 I scored in the pouring rain at Belle Vue against Featherstone when we beat them at Home on a Friday night. Both myself and Adam got a double. The game had to be played very direct, short passing and ball control because of the weather. My general play kicking needed to be focused on getting repeat sets as well and both Roger and I were able to do that pretty well. Featherstone used a slide defence that only really worked when every player did their job. My first try was from an over-call that I had with Roy as I saw an opportunity from a mis-match and I got easily on the outside and scored in the corner 5 mins from half time. When I put Adam over a few minutes later, We had momentum and went on with it from there. Adam scored again halfway through the second half and I dived over in the corner on the bell so a good result.[/i
Can you still remember the words to the song the players all sang when you won on the road to promotion ?
[iYes but it was better singing it after the grand final victory.[/i
After becoming a hero for the season, you left for Salford. Can you share why you decided to go there, was it just a matter of they offered a better deal ?
[iThe Salford move was one made from a guarantee. I was coming off my Super League contract so I had to look at a similar salary. Both Salford and Wakey offered the same but I was guaranteed a Super League contract with Salford, yet the same money was on the table with Wakey but if we didn't get promoted, that contract would be voided and I would have to look elsewhere. Being in the final year of my Super League contract, I needed to get the guarantee so that was the reason. It will go down as the worst decision of my career. I just didn't feel comfortable there and they wouldn't play me at stand off. I saw very little opportunity to attack. My best game was in the Challenge Cup tie against Castleford when I played lock. I got a lot more ball and the team responded to what I was doing. It was at that time when they put me back into the centres that I reached out to Andy Kelly to get me out of there and back to Wakey. It would have happened too if it wasn't for Andy Gregory being sacked so they weren't going to release anyone. I felt I was 2 weeks away from coming back as we were working on a swap with Shane Kenwood who wanted to go back to Salford so it made perfect sense. I started to pick up injuries after that and ended up going back to Australia at the end of 1999 after the Salford doctor told the review board that I refused to play and not that I couldn't play 6 games because of a grade 2 medial tear of my knee. Pretty unethical and effectively ended my pro career. So Salford was a poor decision.[/i
You now live in the USA and are trying to grow rugby league over there. Can you tell us more about how this started and the work you have done ?
[iBasic statement would be, the USA simply doesn't fit in Rugby League. I started the Women's game over here in 2020 and then the pandemic hit. We pushed on the best that we could but safety was a big factor and the US is a country full of litigation and the word 'sue' is tattooed on everyone's brain. The USA way is to let the enthusiastic, well intentioned people do all the work and use their own money, to then have all of that work stolen by a national governing body that had performed poorly since 2014. They had taken the Tomahawks from 9th in the World at the 2013 RLWC to 27th and then to 34th....and they thought they were doing a great job!!! I started with nothing and put the women's team on the map. When they stole it all from us in April last year, I vowed to not support their corrupted ways anymore so I focused my attention on developing the player and sharing knowledge that way rather than get involved in a bureaucracy of the USARL now. There are people in important roles at the USARL that shouldn't be there and they honestly believe that they are doing a great job........not![/i
Let’s finish with a chance to reflect on the players you played with in your career. Give us your dream team 1-13 of players that you played with ?
[i1. Bobby Thompson (PEN)
2. Robbie Beckett (PEN)
3. Ryan Girdler (PEN)
4. Adam Hughes (WAK)
5. Josh Bostock (WAK)
6. Brett Kenny (PARRA)
7. Greg Alexander (PEN)
13. Matt Fuller (WAK)
12. Sonny Whakarau (WAK)
11. John Cartwright (PEN)
10. Francis Stephenson (WAK)
9. Craig Gower (PEN)
8. Carl MacNamara (PEN)[/i
[iGreg Alexander. He's a FREAK! Just a genuine good guy that could do 'anything' 10 times better than everyone else.[/i
And to end with, anything you would like to add to the Wakefield fans out there ?
[iI can't thank the fans enough for the time I had at the club. Although it was short, I hope that being a part of that promotion side of 1998 will resonate in everyone's mind for many years to come. It's good to see players like Gareth Ellis acknowledge what the 98 team did for the club and it's those things that go a long way. I know it's easy for a lot of people to think of players like Neil Fox and David Topliss and all the great of the past, but when people talk about current day players, the 98 team should always be considered as being one of the greatest teams assembled and coached on the basis of what we achieved, and that's something I am very proud of, and would love to return to Belle Vue one day soon. Hopefully in the summer of 2024 for my 50th birthday in June.

And then I'm hoping to end up with my wife in Hawaii to retire.
Well that's the plan anyway.
Thanks,
Garen[/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

ALI LAUITITI

Let's start with Ali Lauitiiti the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?

[iMy Junior days, I played RL because of my mates & wanted to hang out on the field instead of the streets I guess. I played for 5 of the local clubs here in South Auckland.[/i
You were a big player for the Warriors in New Zealand and then came over to the UK and making a big name for yourself with Leeds Rhinos. 2004 onwards was probably Leeds Rhinos most dominant era in the sport. Can you give us your memories of playing for both the Warriors and the Rhinos please ?

[iMemories playing for the Nz Warriors & Leeds Rhinos, first of all both great clubs with great people who are now family. But there were many great moments probably always the debut games, playing final footy & then my only GF game for the Warriors & the Final wins with the Rhinos.[/i
Rob Burrow and Kevin Sinfield have become much more in the public eye over the past few years with Rob's diagnosis of MND and his good friend Kevin Sinfield now working wonders in his various fund raising activities to fight the disease. They were both iconic players at Leeds, can you give us your memories of playing with them during your time there ?

[iRobbie & Kev are amazing players, Leaders but most of all good blokes who are brothers. It was my privilege & honour to play with these 2 legends & I'm not surprised that Kev is supporting & raising money for Rob, family & The MND community.
Love both of these legends.[/i
After all the success with other clubs you then joined the Mighty Trin !!. How did that move to Wakefield come about ?

[iThe mighty Trins opportunity came about talking to Rich Agar & it was a easier transition for me & the family. I loved my time there also & the passion & loyal support from the fans was something else like the Rhinos & English fans in general.[/i
Can you remember your 1st team debut at Wakefield? Who did you play and how did it go ?

[iI think my first game for Wakefield was against Leeds I think lol[/i
Some tough times off the field for the club in your times. Did you ever think "what have I done" when signing for us ?

[iI think the tough times were okay because I was older & more resilient. But we had a close group of brothers that always turned a challenge into an opportunity to bring us closer.[/i
The 2015 season was a hard one for Wakefield for all the wrong reasons but the lows were forgotten about after the Million Pound game win against Bradford. What were your memories of that season and that game ?

[iMemories of the 2015 season was a lot of panic I think but always good learnings. New coach & then the boys stayed tight, lead by Kirmo & the leadership crew & got the job done against a passionate Bulls team.[/i
Can you give us some more highs and lows of your time at Trinity ?

[iMaking the top 8 & winning some big games that critics said we will lose.
One of the cool memories was clearing the snow off the fields with the boys, awesome volunteers so we can play.[/i
Was there anyone in particular who you bonded with during your time at Wakefield and do you still keep in contact with them ?

[iWe all bonded together in those years.[/i
During your playing career, I lost count of the number of times that you managed to get the ball away out of the tackle and keep the attack moving. This was one of the qualities that David Solomona had as well. Is that ability something you had naturally or did you work on that area during your career ?
[i
Dave Solomona was the best at it & I think it's part of the way we play footy here in NZ, so it's a natural skill I think. I'll rather pass then play the ball lol too much energy involved to play the ball in a game hahaha.[/i
And what about Ali Lauitiiti now, career wise after rugby ? What do you do and what keeps you busy ?

[iI currently work for NZRL in the Wellbeing team & a full time Uber driver for my 5 children.[/i

[iI played with so many great players but I'll just say the Rob & Kev will be in my team & Kev will definitely be captain & the rest of the team will come lol[/i
And to end with, anything you would like to add to the Wakefield fans out there that will read this ?

[iBut just want to say thank you so much to the amazing Trins fans who turn up to every game rain, snow or shine from my family!
God bless you all like the Rhinos fans you all are Champions.
All the way from Kiwi Land.
Ali ![/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Roy Southernwood

Let's start with Roy Southernwood the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?
[iI started playing rugby at about 8 years old at Airedale junior school under a fantastic teacher called David Adamson. I then went on to play for Redhill under another great guy Ray Cowell who played with Castleford himself. I left Redhill and played my last 2 years junior rugby at Travelers saints under the brilliant tutor ledge of Peter Bell.[/i
You started off with Castleford and then Halifax. Give us your career highlights whilst playing for those two clubs ?
[iWith Castleford the highlight was playing in the Yorkshire cup final and also playing for the Great Britain Colts and captaining the GB U21's. For Halifax it was just a great pleasure playing with such a brilliant set of lads week in week out. We were always competing at the top of the league at that time although we never one any silverware.[/i
How did the move to Wakefield come about ?
[iThere were 2 main reasons. The first was Halifax were going full time I think in 1996 and I had a great job and was not willing to give that up. The other was Halifax bought Paul Rowley from Leigh and my position in the team was not guaranteed under new coach Steve Simms who took over from Malcolm Reilly.[/i
[iNot sure but it may well have been Ovenden in the Challenge Cup first round.[/i
How did the first few seasons go for you at Wakey ?
[iPoor, we had numerous injuries to key players that first season and the blend was not quite right.[/i
1998 was a massive year for Wakefield fans. What were your memories of that season (we will look at the Grand Final win in the next question) ?
[iEach week was intense we had some great wins but the team bonded brilliantly.[/i
Now let's look at the Grand Final win against Featherstone. How did the game go for you?
[iGreat, scored the first try, Featherstone were great also on the day and final was really close. It was one of the most intense draining games I have ever played in.[/i
I remember that you scored a few tries in games running up to the Grand Final, especially getting over from the play of the ball from short distance. I ended up having £5 on you at 33/1 to score the first try in the Grand Final as well which helped pay for a few celebratory beers after the game. Was it always in your mind to look to get over from what seemed your favourite distance during that game ?
[i100%, I told everyone I would score. I just had to follow the juggernaut that was Josh Bostock.[/i
Can you still remember the words to the song the players all sang when you won on the road to promotion ?
[iI'm a Wakefield man, I know just who I am. But no not really !![/i
The promotion to Super League and the Wildcat era began. How did the transition from Division 1 to Super League go for you ?
[iAgain as with Halifax I could not turn full time even though I got offered a one year deal so Andy had to go in another direction. I trained really hard the pre season leading up to the Super League season but there was ( and rightly so) noises from senior players about me getting to ball seasons through the day. Again my family always came first and I still enjoyed bringing some of the younger players through.[/i
You signed off from Wakefield in 2001. I'm assuming this was retirement (I can't find any other clubs after Wakefield on your Wikipedia page). How did it come to a close and was the time right to sign off ?
[iI went with AK to Gateshead for a season which was not great. They had a lot of young kids coming through and not a lot of money. I tore the ligaments between my little finger and the finger adjacent to it which still gives me grief today. Even though we did not win a game I have no regrets. We had a lot of fun also.[/i
334 career appearances and 69 tries to boot. Do you have any favourites (apart from the Fev try of course) that you still remember well either for us or any of your other clubs ?
[iScored a good try for Halifax at Old Trafford against Salford that still sticks with me.[/i
How is life now post rugby league. What do you do and how do you keep busy ?
[iI train a lot too much according to my wife, I go on holiday a lot and work fills in the gaps.[/i
Let’s finish with a chance to reflect on the players you played with in your career. Give us your dream team 1-13 of players that you played with ?
[iSteve Hampson,
Mark Preston
John Joyner
John Scuhster
David Plange
Mick Hagan
Paul Harkin
Kevin Ward
Kevin Beardmore
Karl Harrison
Andy Fisher
Gary Lord
Malcolm Reilly[/i
[iMalcolm Reilly[/i
[iI thank them for all the support they gave the teams I played in. Keep the faith.
Cheers
Roy ![/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Graham Law

Let's start with Graham Law the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?
[iI started out at Eastmoor RLFC in the U9s, stayed there until the U15s, the team folded due to low numbers so then I moved onto Westgate Redoubt. Was always good mates and played with Stu Dickens and his dad had helped start the first youth team there. That was a great 2 years of rugby for us, stayed there until I signed for Wakefield on my 16th Birthday.[/i
How did the involvement / move to Wakefield come about ?
[iSimilar to nowadays really apart from no scholarships, scouts start following from around the U15s and just keep in touch, invite you down to ground for a tour etc, Wakefield was always my club so was only ever going to be 1 option for me. It was a dream come true for me to sign for my local team.[/i
[iYes, remember it very clearly, it was Mitch Brennans last game in charge, against Featherstone at home. I was 17 and still playing academy rugby so it was a real shock to get the call up. I remember the speed of the game was a massive shock, lungs were on fire and legs were like jelly haha, absolutely loved it though and we won which was amazing.[/i
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
You played during some of the best times as a Wakefield fan, especially the Grand Final against Fev. What were your memories of that season and the promotion to Super League ?
[iThat really 98 was an amazing year, the team spirit was like something I never witnessed again, you just kind of knew something special was going to happen and obviously it did. Unfortunately I didn't play in the grand final, that was Martin my older brother, he played right centre that night.
The next couple of years were also pretty special for me, making my Super League debut against all the big names like Andy Farrell and Jason Robinson etc was a bit surreal, we had it tough back then also as I'm sure you are aware, we had big money issues and going into receivership made things hard but looking back probably brought the players closer together. We were written off a couple of times and tipped for relegation but we always managed to claw our way out of whatever hole we were in. I do think Wakefield are pretty special when it comes to this.[/i
Your Wikipedia page says, "Centre, Stand-Off, Second Row, Loose Forward". Was there any position in the team that you didn't ever cover !! And from those positions, did you have a favourite that you would say you performed better at ?
[iI once covered at hooker too, away at Widnes in the challenge cup game back in 2002 I think it was. Hated every minute of it haha. I loved it in the back row if I'm honest but always struggled to cement a place there.[/i
Andy Kelly, John Harbin, Peter Roe & Shane Mcnally all coached at Wakefield during your time. Can you share any experiences you had with those coaches ?
[iAndy is always going to be a bit special as he was there throughout most of my time at Wakefield, him and Paul Harkin were the coaches when I signed in July 1995, he then took over coaching after Mitch left so he had a massive impact on all my early first team games. He was the one who had confidence in me looking back as an 18/19 year old to play first team rugby so lots of fond memories there. He was great at bringing the team together and getting us to bond.
John Harbin was also great, his passion for young hard working lads was a real eye opener to me. Suppose looking at his track record bringing youngsters through it speaks volumes. His discipline was immense, if you tried shirking in any way you were definitely in Johns bad books haha putting it politely. It didn't matter who you were or how good you thought you were if you didn't turn up training early and put 110% you knew about it.[/i
7 Tries and 42 goals for Wakefield Trinity. Any tries or even conversions that stood out for you ?
[iI would probably say my first SL try, away at Gateshead Thunder in 1999, I think it was only my 3rd ever SL game and was given the kicking duties that night too and converted my own try, I was only 19 so that was pretty special.[/i
We recently saw the debut of your son Joe against Leeds Rhinos. How much of an influence have you had on his career and how did it feel to see him make his 1st team debut ?
[iYes, that was pretty amazing seeing Joe out there. That made me very proud, he's worked really hard for it and dreamed about it since he was 8 when I first took him to play. Much like myself he has supported Wakey all his life so spent lots of time on the terracing watching.
As far as influencing him goes all I've done is support him throughout and drive him to training lots and lots of times. I did coach him for a couple of years up until he was 11 but then stopped. His biggest influences have been all his coaches up at Oulton Raiders and then the Wakefield youth set up who've been great for the last 4 years through Jamie Field etc in Scholarship and Mash and team in the Academy.[/i
The same Sunday also saw you and others take part in a sponsored walk for MNDA. Can you share how that went, why it was setup and if there is anything else planned in the future ?
[iYeah the walk was great and did really well for the charities. It all started recently when me and Mart were asked to join the past players committee team alongside Lee Robinson, Gaz Spencer and Stu Dickens, we are trying really hard at creating a place for all players past and present so they know when their career ends there not alone. I for one and know lots of other rugby lads feel a bit abandoned when they retire. I'm really enjoying this. The walk was just planned to try to promote some positivity around the place and bring as many of the lads together as we could, were trying to arrange more events including past & present players and all the fans. I really think this is the start of something a bit special down at Wakey and lots to look forward to.[/i
How has your career panned out post rugby league ?
[iI now run St Johns Health & Fitness alongside Mart, its a small gym in Wakefield. I also help out coaching local team Oulton Raiders U15s who my middle son Tommy plays for, also help from time to time down at the Scholarship at Wakefield. I love being involved and seeing the next generation of players coming through the ranks. I had the pleasure of coaching Oli Pratt and Harvey Smith in Scholars. Super talented those two guys but many more are coming through too. Exciting times ahead.[/i
[iOoh this is a tough one…… but here goes…..This has to be a mixture of championship and SL as some of the boys i played with pre “99 but would have been amazing in SL too.
Steve Prescott
Neil Law
Justin Brooker
Gaz Ellis
Josh Bostock
Garen Casey
Brad Davies
Franny Stevenson
Roy Southernwood
Gary Lord
Andy Fisher
Gary Price
Willie Poching[/i
[iRoy Southernwood all day long. Total leader who everyone respected. Top bloke.[/i
[iFrom a fellow fan who was just lucky enough to pull our amazing jersey on and play in front of you all you really are the best fans going, the support you give home and away is more important than you realise. Every player I have ever played alongside loves the noise you create and we all wear that badge with pride. Please keep it up. Lastly, let's really get behind Mash and boys this year. I have been involved in the game for some years now and have never come across anyone so hard working and more loyal to our club than him. Trust me, he's a coach for the future. I really hope he gets a chance to prove himself going forward.
Thanks for the chance to share these bits with you, I could go on all day about our club but kept it as short as possible for you.
Cheers
Gray[/i

RankPostsTeam
Academy Player73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Damien Blanch

Let's start with Damien Blanch the player. Tell us about your junior days and why you played Rugby League ?
[iI started playing footy when I was 14. My mum never let me play growing up! Played in the Penrith competition, and made my first rep/development squad when I was 16 – which was coached by Mick Potter. From there, I played SG Ball (U18’s), then U20’s then reserve grade for Penrith. I played a few trial games for First grade, but never actually got an official NRL game. Dave Woods was a coach in one of these teams, and offered me a start at Castleford in 2005 which is when I first moved to the UK.[/i
You started off with Castleford and Widnes before a move to Wakefield. How did the move to Wakefield come about ?
[iI had a phone call from John Kear about 2 weeks out from the Super league promotion Grand Final when I was playing for Widnes against Castleford. He offered me a deal to sign for Wakefield, pending it was signed before the Grand Final was played. It was a hard choice to make as I was happy at Widnes, but Super League was my goal and it was guaranteed – but Widnes making it to Super League wasn’t. I agreed to Wakefield’s deal and was stoked to have my future secured. Ultimately it was the correct decision, as not only did we lose the Grand Final, Widnes announced the were going into administration before we even got on the bus following the loss.[/i
[iI had a delayed start with Wakefield, as I tore my Labrum in my shoulder during a trial game against Featherstone and required surgery with a 3 month recovery. So I didn’t make my debut until later against Harlequins at home. I started off the bench as our current wingers (I believe it was Luke George and Paul Reilly) were playing really well. But all in all the shoulder went well and we won the game.[/i
Let's look at 2008 and mainly the Challenge Cup Semi Final in that year. What were your memories of that season and you grabbed a couple of tries in the Semi Final as well as we looked to come back from a terrible start. How did that game go for you as well ?
[iThat game was one of the highlights (and saddest!) of my career. We started the game terribly being 18-0 down after 10mins. Trying to claw your way back in a semi final (regardless of the opposition) is extremely difficult, but especially against Hull FC who were a top side that year. I was lucky enough to score a couple that game, and was millimetres from a 3rd that was eventually disallowed – I’m still dirty about this one to this day!! We were a great, well gelled side at that point in the season, and did really well to get ourselves back into the game, but inevitably we just gave them too much of a head start. Great memories of that week though, that even a heartbreaking loss can't take away.[/i
What were your highs and lows during the remainder of your time with Wakefield ?
[iAs I said, that challenge cup game was up there. We had some great Derby games, Magic weekends & trips away to Catalans which I really do look back on as some of the best times in my career. I had my fair share of injuries at Wakefield though, the worst tearing my ACL in 2009 which was by far the lowest point of my time at Wakefield – and my Career.[/i
You were clearly making a name for yourself with your try scoring exploits and a move to Catalans happened in 2011. How did those years go in the French sunshine ?
[iI was nervous about moving to France. In reality after coming back from my knee surgery I was actually looking to move back to Sydney in 2010 following the season. I had a call from Trent Robinson who had been signed as the 2011 Catalan coach. Trent said he was putting together a team with a heap of new players and wanted me to be a part of it. It really was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I couldn’t turn down – and to this day have never regretted it. I had a really good experience in France with the culture & rugby in general. Not to say it was any better than my time in Wakefield/Widnes/Castleford, but just completely different and enjoyable.[/i
You also represented Ireland in the 2008 & 2013 World Cups. How did those tournaments go for you and for Ireland ?
[iBoth the 2008 & 2013 World Cups were fantastic. I always enjoyed being in camp, and these kind of occasions always brought the best out of my Rugby. We had great mentors (if you could call them that!) in Barry McDermott & Terry O’Connor who really got behind the teams. 08’ was probably a more successful tournament as we progressed to the ¼ finals when we were not expected to progress from the pool stages against Tonga and Samoa. 2013 was special to play against England in front of a full house in Huddersfield, and against Australia in Limerick – which was my last ever professional game. Once again, great memories.[/i
Wikipedia says 178 appearances and 114 tries in your career over here in the UK (& France). Can you give us your top 3 tries that you have scored in your career ?
[iMy most memorably 3 would have been
And what about Damian Blanch now, career wise after rugby ? What do you do and what keeps you busy ?
[iI live in Wollongong on the south coast of Sydney, beautiful place. I have 3 Kids who keep my hair from growing back. My eldest son Jesse is 14 and playing his first year of Rugby this year which I am a trainer for and really enjoy watching him. My 2 younger girls both play soccer. I'm a Project manager for a Tower Crane/Construction company in Sydney which I really enjoy. My wife and I miss travelling but try to see as much as we can between kids and work.[/i
[iMatty Blaymire
Paul Reilly
Tony Martin
Steve Menzies
Aaron Murphy
Scott Grix
Scott Dureau
Adam Watene
Brad Drew
Danny Nutley
Louis Anderson
Ben Roarty
Lopini Paea[/i
[iProbably Grixy. Smart footy head, and knew when to work and on and off the field![/i
[iWakefield was the club that backed me as a fringe Super League player and gave me a chance which I am forever grateful for. I loved everything about the club from the fans, office staff, sponsors (who I still speak to this day) right through to Bathy who helped me get my apprenticeship as a groundsman on the Bellevue Pitch & Mrs B who made us the best lunches every Friday.
Cheers
Damien ![/i

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11503_1315571839.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11503.jpg

Would love a Ray Price one.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: inside man "Would love a Ray Price one.'"

...keep an eye out for the podcasts

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2399No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11503_1315571839.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11503.jpg

Quote: JamieRobinson1234 "...keep an eye out for the podcasts'"

Looking forward to it, such a legend in my eyes, toughest player bar none.

18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
18 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.99072265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
20m
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
23m
Rumours thread
Kettykat
24m
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
27m
Film game
Boss Hog
42m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
Recent
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
Recent
Season 2024
tomtom84
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
35s
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
41s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
47s
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
1m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
1m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
2m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,008 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22