FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Chairman's Q and A on club web site.
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jacques "Big earners had to go to enable bringing in of players.
Working on the latter ,but no names until definite.
The 400 000 figure in sight , but other things came along which made job more difficult.
Competitive team will be assembled ,but based on stone not sand.
Sorry don't know how to do links.'"

Is that Charlie Stone from Fev. He was a hard bugger, their front row at the time , I'd take that lot now icon_smile.gif
No, I didn't say take them on icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34236.jpg
[img:1yv09n11]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/newgroundb4cas.gif[/img:1yv09n11] UP THE TRIN !!!!:34236.jpg

If Mr carter had given our previous owners money wouldn't he of insisted looking at the books been an accountant ? Surely if you are going to take a club on you have to invest a bit of cash at some point. The players lost so far are replaceable. Hull Kr are spending so are cas they don't have rich benefactors. No need for the hard line towards the fans we have done marvellous to put up with crap year upon year. I appreciate the honesty but there is too much drearyness when tickets need to be sold and merchandise needs to be bought.

RankPostsTeam
International Star277No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRT "If i were you I would have voted with my feet by now! You have been offered numerous chances to get involved personally to help make things better and have declined to do so preferring to be a cyber terrorist instead. We are where we are with all our shortcomings as a clyb and things will only improve with 'real' positive contributions. Whoever you are this is not the right club for you and you would be doing everybody a favour by moving away from the keyboard, and finding yourself a preferable team to follow.'"

So that's your answer support the club without question or find another club. I hope those that feel like me don't take your advice or Belle Vue will be a lonely place on match days.
I believe people have offered assistance to the club but received no reply not even an acknowledgement so why should I be treated differently.
I would remind you and those that think like you that actions speak louder than words so based on this how do you think the current board is doing. Their actions are to sell the first team squad and make redundant many of the retail staff. They say however that they have reduced the debt(but don't say to what), they have found further debts (but don't say how much and in what regard) and that they have reduced the number of Wakefield's highest earners. The problem with this is that we didn't pay up to the maximum cap therefore our highest earners may only be another clubs average earners. This means when we try to sign any replacements they could be on the same or higher salaries than those they are replacing.
Now we get onto KH the scarlet pimpernel who appears to be paid for doing what. I hope someone can tell me because I have not noticed any changes and we are paying her.
I think you referring to me as a cyber terrorist is a bit rich coming from a person who suffers from a dictator complex I.e. If you don't agree with me leave the forum.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jacques "Well I won't be buying my conservatory there when I move back.'"

I wouldn't recommend WYW anyway after seeing my next door neighbours orangery, very poor from the outside and also a window not sealed that could cause rain water to enter in icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agentxiii
noun
the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only bad or undesirable outcomes, results, conditions, problems
icon_beat.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Agent XIII "I know some of you are disparate for positives but please the answers suggest he would make a good politician.'"

A couple of months ago, you criticised Michael Carter for being too open with the facts and jeopardising investment in the club as a result.

He now posts an excellent chairman's Q&A, and you criticise him for not giving you the details down to the last penny.

It seems obvious to me that you have some personal grudge against him. Either that, or you're terminally thick.

TRT
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach547No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14928.jpg
:14928.jpg

Quote: Agent XIII "So that's your answer support the club without question or find another club. I hope those that feel like me don't take your advice or Belle Vue will be a lonely place on match days.
I believe people have offered assistance to the club but received no reply not even an acknowledgement so why should I be treated differently.
I would remind you and those that think like you that actions speak louder than words so based on this how do you think the current board is doing. Their actions are to sell the first team squad and make redundant many of the retail staff. They say however that they have reduced the debt(but don't say to what), they have found further debts (but don't say how much and in what regard) and that they have reduced the number of Wakefield's highest earners. The problem with this is that we didn't pay up to the maximum cap therefore our highest earners may only be another clubs average earners. This means when we try to sign any replacements they could be on the same or higher salaries than those they are replacing.
Now we get onto KH the scarlet pimpernel who appears to be paid for doing what. I hope someone can tell me because I have not noticed any changes and we are paying her.
I think you referring to me as a cyber terrorist is a bit rich coming from a person who suffers from a dictator complex I.e. If you don't agree with me leave the forum.'"

Oh dear................!

PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRT "Oh dear................!'"

Steve(?), I think the name 'agent provocateur' is more apt for him

RankPostsTeam
International Star277No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I raise a few questions which of course none of you answer and therefore opt to the standard fall back position. I am definitely not thick nor am I unbelievably gullible, I will let you work out which one best suits you.

PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Agent XIII "I raise a few questions which of course none of you answer and therefore opt to the standard fall back position. I am definitely not thick nor am I unbelievably gullible, I will let you work out which one best suits you.'"

Perhaps you aren't on the email list regarding the answers/information. I'd ask to be put on the list, they don't want our 'confidential' info. putting on here - them o'er common may use it as ammunition.

TRT
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach547No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14928.jpg
:14928.jpg

Quote: PHe "Steve(?), I think the name 'agent provocateur' is more apt for him'"

No Richard actually! I made it as far as the A Team because Andrew Fletcher was in my way and then when he went walkabout David Jones managed to sneak in somehow? Steve is my brother.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif
:fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif

Quote: Agent XIII "This means when we try to sign any replacements they could be on the same or higher salaries than those they are replacing.'"

Where would the logic in this statement be?
Get shut of players to sign others on the same or more money?
Tim Smiths contract was extended and upgraded twice in the space of a couple of months.
Paul Aitons contract was extended.
This is possibly the reason Trin got a fee for these two.
Justin Poore may have been on a sizeable contract and with one year left, Trin were happy just to get his wages off the books.
Amor one year left on contract, but Saints made the decision to buy him.
So to suggest that the club will start offering daft contracts to players to get them to sign, i think we have already been there not long ago.
Are you that bitter, that you want the current board to fail like the previous one, that you seem to favour?
MC was part of the previous board and maybe responsible partly for what has happened to the club now.
But instead of walking away, he has put his hand up, put his tin hat on and gone into no mans land.

RankPostsTeam
International Star277No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FickleFingerOfFate "Where would the logic in this statement be?
Get shut of players to sign others on the same or more money?
Tim Smiths contract was extended and upgraded twice in the space of a couple of months.
Paul Aitons contract was extended.
This is possibly the reason Trin got a fee for these two.
Justin Poore may have been on a sizeable contract and with one year left, Trin were happy just to get his wages off the books.
Amor one year left on contract, but Saints made the decision to buy him.
So to suggest that the club will start offering daft contracts to players to get them to sign, i think we have already been there not long ago.
Are you that bitter, that you want the current board to fail like the previous one, that you seem to favour?
MC was part of the previous board and maybe responsible partly for what has happened to the club now.
But instead of walking away, he has put his hand up, put his tin hat on and gone into no mans land.'"

What I am saying is that he answered the few questions he did with generalisations. We do not know how our squads salaries compare to other clubs, but we do know that we did not spend to the full cap. We are offloading the likes of Aiton and Poore who are so called high earners at WT however take Moore who was at Leeds we have not signed him could this be because his salary matches or is near to our so called high earners.
You should read my replies more carefully it would save you a lot of typing.
I do believe the current board are out of their depth however, they do not own the club it is still AG. If MC is looking to buy him out where is he going to get that money from if we cannot recoup enough to pay off the original black hole.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Why would MC bother with buying Glover out, unless it was a nominal fee? AG got us into this mess, if it all goes belly up let him lose his investment. If Carter were to blow his brass on buying his shares at a 'normal' price i'd have to question his sanity.

If glover & elston had any decency they'd sell all their shares to the supporters trust for a quid.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif
:fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif

You are right, i should read your replies more carefully but i get so far and have suicidal thoughts and have to go for a lie down.
Good job we didn't spend to the full cap.
Why would MC want to buy AG out? Maybe later down the line, but not now.
The problem with clearing the shortfall, is that no company probably feels safe investing in Wake and that is making it twice as hard to reduce it.
Leading to, if 3000 season ticket holders weren't forthcoming, players get sold.
Why sign Moore now, better to sign him further down the line or not at all if a better player crops up.

73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM