JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Theboyem "Wow hold on there, think you are taking that out of context. I meant that as he was the poor sod who got sent on here to face the music, not anything to do with how well he does his job!'"

Apologies for quoting you there, however to describe the general manager as a "poor Davide", when the said general manager is essentially clearing up his own avoidable mess doesn't seem right to me. He's one of the ones that failing to tackle root cause, and then chirruping on an internet message board following a downright dreadful decision implemented in an amateurish way. You'd be fair to call him that had he not been one of the ones who is responsible for this mess.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Quote: 60sCat "The vociferous minority do not speak for the silent majority who I believe (my opinion) are happy with the segregation. I used to change ends at half time but the North Stand atmosphere (which has been sadly lacking for years) means I am more than happy to stay and enjoy the match from there.'"

I'm afraid it appears that segregation is now a necessary evil and providing that the required facilities are kept in use for all at that side of the stadium then I see it as something that has to be put up with. I just hope the club has learned its lesson regarding the communication of these types of thing.

I do though think that many of the other measures mentioned could and should be implemented to weed out the trouble causers. Just because they may be the ones that spend most on beer doesn't mean they should get away with it.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20760
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: violetrwb "I didn't have to do anything, the Steward near me clearly heard the remark.

The reason I'm grinding the axe is because the best viewing place in the ground, where I have been standing for decades is now off limits to me.

I don't believe the club are interested in dialogue on this, they've made their decision - and didn't have the balls to tell us the reasons why. Choosing instead to communicate in private with people as to their supposed reasoning, and letting them do their bidding for them on here rather than having a proper communication strategy in place following a genuine consultation period. Furthermore they have completely refused to tackle root cause, and by segregation all they will do is push the idiots out of the way of the away fans, they'll still be there, but the complaints won't be and that's what is's about, they're not on a moral crusade.'"

So you've made that point. Ultimately you seem upset that you weren't told about it or consulted before hand. Unfortunately that is the way it is. If they had consulted you and still arrived at this decision would it have helped you in any way? Apart from, "I like to watch from that place" do you have an arguement against what they have done?

All I can see from your posts are that you are unhappy that you can't stand in the same place, but have then taken that further to personally disrespect a member of the club trying to do their job, complaining about the club, and arguing with other posters when they don't feel as strongly as you (admittedly we all enjoy doing that!)

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20760
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Bicket2 "I have, it wasn't people who I know as 'friends' but people who I know from going to matches on the club buses and so on. It was at a Bradford match, racist, 'sterotypical' views of what Bradford is like as a city, and also at some of the Bradford players themselves, I reported it to the club, was called the next working day by Davide and he explained the actions the club were taking which I was more than satisfied with.'"

Well done you. That's ultimately what will help the situation.

RankPostsTeam
International Star223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "So you've made that point. Ultimately you seem upset that you weren't told about it or consulted before hand. Unfortunately that is the way it is. If they had consulted you and still arrived at this decision would it have helped you in any way? Apart from, "I like to watch from that place" do you have an arguement against what they have done?

All I can see from your posts are that you are unhappy that you can't stand in the same place, but have then taken that further to personally disrespect a member of the club trying to do their job, complaining about the club, and arguing with other posters when they don't feel as strongly as you (admittedly we all enjoy doing that!)'"

Do you know what? Had the club taken the appropriate measures to deal with the root cause and failed, and then decided upon segregation then I'd feel a lot better about things. Instead they have been too quick to decide what is best, and in doing so taken away the best standing area in the ground to people who have been supporters for decades without consultation. The west terrace has the best access to the flats, so that's going to be a negative for the club. It's the hardest place for visiting fans to access, which shows a lack of respect for them.

Had there been a genuine consultation, and they had taken the necessary steps to deal with root cause then yes I'd have taken it firmly on the chin. The new shed down near the flats was empty on Monday, another fine investment by the club there - I'm sure the atmosphere would have been enhanced when we were attacking in the second half, perhaps it may have lifted the team somewhat. Plenty of people like to change ends at half time, plenty of people can no longer do that on the west.

As for showing a lack of respect to a club official, in my view all he's done is come on here AFTER the event, instead of being a proper manager and implementing a plan to tackle root cause, and failing that do a proper job of implementation not a half baked amateur job. Are you saying that's an incorrect interpretation?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

So it seems we did not get the info before the game and thats unfortunate but the club have offered an apology for this oversight.

Davide as agreed to sort out the ladies toilet access, so that sorted.

Just the issuse of the West terrace and its regulars, i'm betting that now they understand the clubs reasoning and if they accept last weeks shambles was just unfortunate they will see it will benefit the club in the long term.

My main concern now is "flash points" outside the North turnstyles when other teams fans are heading back to the Donny road area form the west side turnstyles.
We had to walk through the FC fans on sunday and while it was not a problem maybe it will be when others come to town.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13707
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Have to admit my viewing experience has diminished from watching the game from the NT rather than the WT, however, it’s not anywhere near significant enough to making me chose not to go to games. To be frank it seems a tad precious, notwithstanding any accessibility/visibility issues, and cutting your nose off to spite your face. I go to BV to watch Trinity play, not to stand in a spot I’ve occupied 13 times a year for the last decade or so.

Hopefully, in two years’ time this will all be immaterial anyway, as I imagine there will definitely be segregation at NM and it will be a new experience for all of us to get used to standing/sitting in the same spot for the next 30-50 years.

RankPostsTeam
International Star223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: El Rey "
Just the issuse of the West terrace and its regulars, i'm betting that now they understand the clubs reasoning and if they accept last weeks shambles was just unfortunate they will see it will benefit the club in the long term.
'"

You missed off the bit about the club not tacking root cause.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

You seem very confident that there has been no root cause analysis; how do you know that?

For me, the implementation of segregation, even in the relatively gentle way that it's been done at BV, suggests that there has; one of the primary root causes of flashpoint in a crowd is the likelihood of home and away fans to be intermingled - that's why football and other RL grounds have been segregated for so long.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Have to admit my viewing experience has diminished from watching the game from the NT rather than the WT, however, it’s not anywhere near significant enough to making me chose not to go to games. To be frank it seems a tad precious, notwithstanding any accessibility/visibility issues, and cutting your nose off to spite your face. I go to BV to watch Trinity play, not to stand in a spot I’ve occupied 13 times a year for the last decade or so.

Hopefully, in two years’ time this will all be immaterial anyway, as I imagine there will definitely be segregation at NM and it will be a new experience for all of us to get used to standing/sitting in the same spot for the next 30-50 years.'"

Sums it it for me, moved from west the north this season and although i enjoy the northstand would rather get my hold spot back, its not to be so i'll live with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

what happens when home fans come to a game with away fans. ie my niece and partner along with my 3 year old godson are Bulls fans, where do we all stand together ? Also Mrs poching will be coming with her sons in Warrington shirts but want to stand with all their Wakey friends , what do they do ?
I can see why the club have felt the need to do what they are doing but as many have said its our trouble causers that need dealing with

RankPostsTeam
International Star223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bren2k "You seem very confident that there has been no root cause analysis; how do you know that?

For me, the implementation of segregation, even in the relatively gentle way that it's been done at BV, suggests that there has; one of the primary root causes of flashpoint in a crowd is the likelihood of home and away fans to be intermingled - that's why football and other RL grounds have been segregated for so long.'"

I've not seen any CCTV cameras installed have you?

I've not seen stewards actually challenging any idiots have you?

I've not seen a list of banned people and their mugshots in the Wakefield Express or outside the ground have you?

I've seen a lot of new outlets flogging booze open over the last few years, haven't you?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20760
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: violetrwb "I've not seen any CCTV cameras installed have you? - no, it would be a good addition

I've not seen stewards actually challenging any idiots have you? - yes, plenty were taken out at the Cas game when the opposing fans kicked off a bit (which was probably the start of the segregation issue

I've not seen a list of banned people and their mugshots in the Wakefield Express or outside the ground have you? - but that would only be the case if they weer looking for people they didn't know. I know for certain there have been people banned from Belle Vue

I've seen a lot of new outlets flogging booze open over the last few years, haven't you? - this certainly has been a change and imho is part of the issue, though they are not selling idiot cards. That part it is still the responsibility of the ondividual'"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13707
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: violetrwb "I've not seen stewards actually challenging any idiots have you?
'"

I know a young lad got thrown out a few seasons back for throwing fudge which inadvertently hit one of the stewards.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20760
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

I will say though violetrwb, I have no problem with you making your case with this. It's good that you are not resorting to personal comments with the people who are discussing or disagreeing with you as some do.
Possibly with the exception of comments about Davide. Personally, I'd have kept that between you two, but that's done now so we'll leave it there.

356 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
356 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.05224609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
This weeks disciplinary
silvertail-w
3m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ArthurClues
3m