Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60524_1510403940.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60524.jpg

Quote: M62 J30 TRINITY "Imagine the support and potential corporate support if we had a good team and a good stadium. Think that's why some fans & officials of some small town clubs are desperate for our new stadium to fail, offering support to opposition groups and the like. We are the world famous Wakefield Trinity one day we will return to our 60s domination.
TRINITY FOREVER'"

Yep - a sleeping giant you could say.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13697
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

The city population is more like 100k, which means a paltry 3% of the local population watch Trinity compared to approximately 15% who turn out to watch Cas. This highlight the point in The Avenger's post about a lack of civic pride in the city. The club really do need to engage with the public some how.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Khlav Kalash "The city population is more like 100k, which means a paltry 3% of the local population watch Trinity compared to approximately 15% who turn out to watch Cas. This highlight the point in The Avenger's post about a lack of civic pride in the city. The club really do need to engage with the public some how.'"

Which ties in with lack of success and ambition for 50 years no other SL club and even a lot of championship clubs have had the same lack of success. We need stadium situation sorted ASAP and build on from there.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20716
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I don't think you are comparing the right numbers there but the point still stands.
Not enough people living in Wakefield want to watch Trinity.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

For years the club's failed to engage with the Wake public, the club's made the headlines for all the wrong reasons. It's links with the local paper have never been used to a full potential the marketing side seem very poor. If you link that to M Cs reluctance to speculate you have no hope of any improvements in the near future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach652
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Interesting that most posters use the name Trinity. I'm sorry but that is part of the problem. We need to engage with new customers (yes customers) and move on. It is not 1963 anymore and a name that sounds ancient does not attract the young people we need.

I think we should just be Wakefield Wildcats and drop the Trinity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Can't agree with dropping Trinity, it is part of our history and heritage and should be preserved. But there is also the more modern marketing aspect that the Wildcat moniker brings and like it or not (i don't personally) it can add value, especially with the younger fans. Just leave it as it is for now, we don't need to be alienating anyone and a rebranding exercise would be an expensive course i doubt we can afford.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Quote: M62 J30 TRINITY "Imagine the support and potential corporate support if we had a good team and a good stadium. Think that's why some fans & officials of some small town clubs are desperate for our new stadium to fail, offering support to opposition groups and the like. We are the world famous Wakefield Trinity one day we will return to our 60s domination.
TRINITY FOREVER'"

You keep peddling out this world famous line and i really wish it was true but i'm afraid you are looking at it very misty eyed. It just isn't really the case anymore. Put it this way when i go on holiday unless it's actual RL fans i'm talking to when i say where i am from nobody ever replies 'ah the home of Wakefield Trinity'. It's normally ''Wakefield, where's that?' Hell half the people in Wakefield itself don't seem to release there is a club here these days. And when people think rugby league think don't think Wakefield i'm afraid. Whilst a new stadium may give a short term boost to morale (although i personally think it is in the wrong place but thats just my opinion) i doubt it will make a great deal of difference to out standing in the world order. We have lost too many fans already and are in very real danger of losing the next generation without some promotion of the club which isn't going to happen under this leadership. They'll be no 60's style domination within my lifetime without a Koucash style businessman appearing and that doesn't seem very likely.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach652
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Theboyem "You keep peddling out this world famous line and i really wish it was true but i'm afraid you are looking at it very misty eyed. It just isn't really the case anymore. Put it this way when i go on holiday unless it's actual RL fans i'm talking to when i say where i am from nobody ever replies 'ah the home of Wakefield Trinity'. It's normally ''Wakefield, where's that?' Hell half the people in Wakefield itself don't seem to release there is a club here these days. And when people think rugby league think don't think Wakefield i'm afraid. Whilst a new stadium may give a short term boost to morale (although i personally think it is in the wrong place but thats just my opinion) i doubt it will make a great deal of difference to out standing in the world order. We have lost too many fans already and are in very real danger of losing the next generation without some promotion of the club which isn't going to happen under this leadership. They'll be no 60's style domination within my lifetime without a Koucash style businessman appearing and that doesn't seem very likely.'"

I have to say that Wakefield is near Leeds. Face facts, Wakefield Trinity is not world famous

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

The fanbase is there. We've seen it rise pretty quickly when promise has been shown. For me, the principal villain is Yorkcourt. Had a new ground been on its way, we would have been an attractive option for investment and sponsorship, with reduced overheads and more to spend on players. Because they haven't, we are expecting people to pay a lot of money to watch a currently inept and broken team lose in a worn out old stadium. It is no wonder people are not bothering.

Although MC's stated intention to provide the team the level of support dictates makes some financial sense, there is also an additional obligation on a business to make its product attractive to consumers. I thought the squad was okay on paper. Not world beaters, not a Grand Final team, but with an outside shot of a top 8 finish. Now, they are just not looking good, and we look a long way behind every other team in the league.

Our only hope is that our good patch comes at the back end of the season and our bad patch is now. Going back to 2006, we stayed up not just because we won games but because Cas started losing them. Remember Odsal, watching the screen at the result from Salford? It was only in our hands at the last game. So it's about timing, and I'd rather hit the grim patch now than August. Which is a woeful way to look at your team.

If we agree that the current state of the team is due to mainly to finances, and the inability to buy quality, if we go down the tubes or the league, the main villain will be Yorkcourt, in my eyes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: newcat "Interesting that most posters use the name Trinity. I'm sorry but that is part of the problem. We need to engage with new customers (yes customers) and move on. It is not 1963 anymore and a name that sounds ancient does not attract the young people we need.

I think we should just be Wakefield Wildcats and drop the Trinity.'"

Think you've just shown a good example of bad the wildcats name is. 17 years of using it and the majority prefer to use our traditional Trinity

RankPostsTeam
International Star3874
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66815_1344197625.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66815.jpeg

Regardless of name it's the product that is poor for the entrance fee that has to be paid which is the irony....without the gate receipts how does the quality of the product improve?

Only with a big investor I'm afraid and I think that investment, along with sound quality player recruitment (showing strength in depth) and then decent marketing to appeal to young and old would lead to a healthier crowd attendance of around 8000-9000.

As soon as Trinity develop a reasonable squad though without that type of investor(which is not a worry this season) the bigger clubs come along and buy their best players as they can't compete financially....Topliss, Skerrett,Ellis, Brough,Amor,Aiton etc... A fit Kirmond will be next.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Theboyem "Can't agree with dropping Trinity, it is part of our history and heritage and should be preserved. But there is also the more modern marketing aspect that the Wildcat moniker brings and like it or not (i don't personally) it can add value, especially with the younger fans. Just leave it as it is for now, we don't need to be alienating anyone and a rebranding exercise would be an expensive course i doubt we can afford.'"

Disagree with adding value I can't see any value of having the daftest add on name in Rugby League other than offering more amunition for other clubs fans to throw at us. As for helping attract younger fans as young as 9-10 year olds want to be street cred nowadays and a cartoon cat doesn't do that. Our first home match of the season I couldn't help notice the young HKR fans wearing the badge that they haven't changed in years same as their dads and grandads. The wildcats add on was a rushed I'll thought idea from start to finish.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Theboyem "You keep peddling out this world famous line and i really wish it was true but i'm afraid you are looking at it very misty eyed. It just isn't really the case anymore. Put it this way when i go on holiday unless it's actual RL fans i'm talking to when i say where i am from nobody ever replies 'ah the home of Wakefield Trinity'. It's normally ''Wakefield, where's that?' Hell half the people in Wakefield itself don't seem to release there is a club here these days. And when people think rugby league think don't think Wakefield i'm afraid. Whilst a new stadium may give a short term boost to morale (although i personally think it is in the wrong place but thats just my opinion) i doubt it will make a great deal of difference to out standing in the world order. We have lost too many fans already and are in very real danger of losing the next generation without some promotion of the club which isn't going to happen under this leadership. They'll be no 60's style domination within my lifetime without a Koucash style businessman appearing and that doesn't seem very likely.'"

My line of work gets talking to people all over the country and when they find out I'm from Wakefield, Wakefield Trinity gets mentioned more often than not. If they don't know about us I educate them.

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.15380859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13