Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: marc271841 "You make out like people must support every decision the club make. Otherwise there not proper fans etc. What you fail to realise is the majority of the people who you are often so quick to dismiss actually want the best for the club.

Do you know what I hope the club win 10 on the trot.

But I'm entitled to express concern, anger and frustration at the current state of affairs.'"

Yeah but strangley you never do anything about it, all hot air. Those who really care in a grown up way are quietly getting on with doing stuff and that includes the directors.

You and 'the majority' I supposedly dismiss give yourselves away by this insistence on talking about the 'club' as if it's the enemy. As if somehow attending games and babbling on facebook you somehow know more about whats going on than those who are actually running things. You have no idea, none of you do, yet you talk with such authority, it's laughable it really is.

There are 12 teams in SL, one has to be bottom. that's basic maths. We are there at present and thats not great. However to suggest that it's because those in charge either don't care or are incompetent is utterly ludicrous. For five years it went well for MC for the last few years it hasn't. Thats how it goes, RL is not an exact science, or are you suggesting that somehow MC and the BOD have somehow lost their faculties. They are the same people we were lording when things were good, but now they are not the snides need a scapegoat. People really are despicable and disloyal at times and some on here should be ashamed of themselves.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5218
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Yeah but strangley you never do anything about it, all hot air. Those who really care in a grown up way are quietly getting on with doing stuff and that includes the directors.

You and 'the majority' I supposedly dismiss give yourselves away by this insistence on talking about the 'club' as if it's the enemy. As if somehow attending games and babbling on facebook you somehow know more about whats going on than those who are actually running things. You have no idea, none of you do, yet you talk with such authority, it's laughable it really is.

There are 12 teams in SL, one has to be bottom. that's basic maths. We are there at present and thats not great. However to suggest that it's because those in charge either don't care or are incompetent is utterly ludicrous. For five years it went well for MC for the last few years it hasn't. Thats how it goes, RL is not an exact science, or are you suggesting that somehow MC and the BOD have somehow lost their faculties. They are the same people we were lording when things were good, but now they are not the snides need a scapegoat. People really are despicable and disloyal at times and some on here should be ashamed of themselves.'"

Those running the club are transient leaving behind be it good or bad what the supporters have to accept. I would think if you add up the money paid by all supporters at the club it would not be hot air. We do not have what you crave a need to be acknowledged by those in charge, you were the same with Ted.
It is interesting you quote the first five years when I believe the on field matters were administered by the other Director. It was when he left that MC took control and as you confirm performances deteriorated.
I do not think they have lost their faculties because they know exactly what they are doing, sadly it will fall to the disloyal and despicable to continue to support and pay their money.
I agree RL is not an exact science but you can certainly handicap your chances by producing the type of squad we have this season. To add to this the only idea to try to change this is to swap players. This means the squad does not grow and based on their first dabble into this it will be very popular with opposing teams.

RankPostsTeam
International Star303No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Yeah but strangley you never do anything about it, all hot air. Those who really care in a grown up way are quietly getting on with doing stuff and that includes the directors.

There are 12 teams in SL, one has to be bottom. that's basic maths. We are there at present and thats not great. However to suggest that it's because those in charge either don't care or are incompetent is utterly ludicrous. For five years it went well for MC for the last few years it hasn't. Thats how it goes, RL is not an exact science, or are you suggesting that somehow MC and the BOD have somehow lost their faculties. They are the same people we were lording when things were good, but now they are not the snides need a scapegoat. People really are despicable and disloyal at times and some on here should be ashamed of themselves.'"

OK I'll bite....

Point 1. You know nothing about me so the hot air comment is nonsense. As a fan what can I do? Put money into the club via season tickets, merchandise and incentives and inatives done by the club.... so a tick in the box for me... is that Hot air? I like many others have put my hand in my pocket on several occasions. If I stopped alongside others the club stops. You should remember this when you start chucking everyone under the bus. Also the tosh about getting on with things quietly is called burying your head in the sand.

Point 2 - The proof is in the pudding is it not? I see a club that is skint. A club that has cut costs year after year after year. A club that has not progressed for some time. Would you describe the club as a progressive club over the last 5 years? Would you describe our recruitment and retention strategy over the last 5 years as successful? It must be hard for the club. But where is the ownership?

Point 3 - you reap what you sow. But we have regressed as a club for some time. Its not just the last few years. You mention a scapegoat. Let me ask you a question - who has overseen all of our recruitment, coaching appointments and off field stuff over the last 10 years? Because there have been many changes and appointments but 1 person has remained in situ who was calling the shots. Again I feel we have regressed.

I don't expect you to agree. Because you have rose tinted glasses and we're in a utopia according to you.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player2025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If any if the rummors or what ever it is about kelepi are true as long as we get a decent replacement like mago could be then id be happy with it if we are brutally honest kelepi not been great for a couple of years now

RankPostsTeam
International Star5218
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Luppylad "If any if the rummors or what ever it is about kelepi are true as long as we get a decent replacement like mago could be then id be happy with it if we are brutally honest kelepi not been great for a couple of years now'"

It’s way too convenient that negative rumours suddenly surface about any player we may be losing as part of one of our swap deals. I read today that our coach justified the loss of Hall because our current situation would indicate he will be a free agent at the end of the season.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player2025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "It’s way too convenient that negative rumours suddenly surface about any player we may be losing as part of one of our swap deals. I read today that our coach justified the loss of Hall because our current situation would indicate he will be a free agent at the end of the season.'"

As i say not sure where the rummors have come from how true they are and im not been negative regarding kelepi think most would say hes not been great for what ever reasons remember he was dropped to reserves last season.all i want is for somehow we hit a run of form and get some wins and stay up how we do that i dont care

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5289
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "It’s way too convenient that negative rumours suddenly surface about any player we may be losing as part of one of our swap deals. I read today that our coach justified the loss of Hall because our current situation would indicate he will be a free agent at the end of the season.'"

Freudian slip there maybe. However according to MC interview about 8 players not yet accepting offers for new contracts. Carter put it down to next season uncertainty. Is it fair to assume those players must think there is no future at Wakey. So that could be another factor in a swap deal, persuading the player you want to come to us, because one thing is for sure we can't offer a financial incentive.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11894No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Officially the worst swap deal ever.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20844
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Well I've seen him speak about it twice and he's never said that before so I'm very much doubting it's true.
But well done for spreading it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5218
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "Well I've seen him speak about it twice and he's never said that before so I'm very much doubting it's true.
But well done for spreading it.'"

Well I certainly didn’t make it up and merely quoted what he said. I suppose you know we are talking about Hall’s move to Hull KR ?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20844
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Well it depends what you mean by 'given the current situation'

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20844
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

What I heard him say was that Hall went because he was the only asset we had that Hull KR wanted in the deal, and he desperately needed a fullback.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1380
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16086_1706206167.jpg
[color=#0000FF:2dzs77ey]Always read the small print[/color:2dzs77ey]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16086.jpg

Trinity are bottom of Betfred Super League and have yet to win this season. Applegarth warned: “If we don't pick up results, Corey would be going at the end of the year anyway, if worst came to worst, because he sees his future in Super League.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... al-4085862
Trinity are bottom of Betfred Super League and have yet to win this season. Applegarth warned: “If we don't pick up results, Corey would be going at the end of the year anyway, if worst came to worst, because he sees his future in Super League.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... al-4085862

RankPostsTeam
International Star5218
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "Well I've seen him speak about it twice and he's never said that before so I'm very much doubting it's true.
But well done for spreading it.'"

See article below kindly provided by trinfan71 which I trust validates my statement don’t you agree.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20844
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "See article below kindly provided by trinfan71 which I trust validates my statement don’t you agree.'"

No. You said "current situation" implying Mash thinks we are down so did a deal.

What he said was that he had to make the deal to get a full back to give us a chance of staying up. Hall was the only way of doing it and we were covered in his position.

The comment about him leaving was in answer to people who said they didn't want to lose him. He said he didn't want to lose him either but if he didn't fix this situation he'd have lost him anyway.

273 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
273 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

7.3291015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
18m