JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Vasty I'm not sure why you are getting at fev to be honest they were left in a same position as us when super league started. They averaged more than us at that time and they were basically cut off from the rest like us and the rest of clubs and left with no hope .fev and many more clubs lost generations of fans.
The fans and people running fev have tried hard to build the club up with 3 stands, done it themselves and done a decent job. They still own their own ground they own the training fields behind and its a traditional rugby ground.
London have been all over the shop, Salford don't play in Salford and its soulless. Hull kr and cas are old type grounds where they are on you and no one as moaned for 100 years.
The front of our ground the stand, the pitch and lights are great but the rest of it is not right cracking.
I don't think.its a competition with others and we as a club have loads to do to put our house in order but hopefully we are in the right track.
I'm also a firm believer that the game needs derby's cas v wakey, fev v cas fev v us it creates interest, it gives teams revenue, it gives fans bragging rights and theirs nothing like a week leading up to a Derby

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "Vasty I'm not sure why you are getting at fev to be honest they were left in a same position as us when super league started. They averaged more than us at that time and they were basically cut off from the rest like us and the rest of clubs and left with no hope .fev and many more clubs lost generations of fans.
The fans and people running fev have tried hard to build the club up with 3 stands, done it themselves and done a decent job. They still own their own ground they own the training fields behind and its a traditional rugby ground.
London have been all over the shop, Salford don't play in Salford and its soulless. Hull kr and cas are old type grounds where they are on you and no one as moaned for 100 years.
The front of our ground the stand, the pitch and lights are great but the rest of it is not right cracking.
I don't think.its a competition with others and we as a club have loads to do to put our house in order but hopefully we are in the right track.
I'm also a firm believer that the game needs derby's cas v wakey, fev v cas fev v us it creates interest, it gives teams revenue, it gives fans bragging rights and theirs nothing like a week leading up to a Derby'"

Double post

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: MOPSEY LIVES ON "Vasty I'm not sure why you are getting at fev to be honest they were left in a same position as us when super league started. They averaged more than us at that time and they were basically cut off from the rest like us and the rest of clubs and left with no hope .fev and many more clubs lost generations of fans.
I'm also a firm believer that the game needs derby's cas v wakey, fev v cas fev v us it creates interest, it gives teams revenue, it gives fans bragging rights and theirs nothing like a week leading up to a Derby'"

We are on about the pitch not the club, completely different issue. I respect Fev as a club, and what they have tried to do, but that pitch!

I actually played on it once and it was dire. I know they have levelled it a bit but it still has a fair old slope.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "I know the money ran out, and know that costs of materials have spiralled.

I do agree, that the north and west sides are priority. They will generate revenue. There are away fans staying away at the moment due to the facilities on that side. Not sure how many that side would hold, and how many extra we'd get in the north stand if the terracing went all the way back, but say an extra 1000 on the gate, you could be looking at around £250k per year.
and yes, the south is beginning to look tired. If the vision Ellis has of the west stand happens, maybe the boxes will go along the west, freeing room up for something on the south.'"

Blimey, all I’m saying is the old pot is gone and Ellis has his own and he may want to do it differently, I may be wrong. You’re making more of this simple statement than is strictly necessary.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6822No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: PopTart "Yer sorry Trojan I don't agree.
You can't assume that.

It's like saying Applegarth wanted to sign a player so Powell should sign him.'"

There is a huge difference between players potentially signing and planned works. Prospective targets can change with change in coach. That’s common sense. However, this is planned works with money being allocated (from the initial figure) that has been planned to go ahead all along.

Why shouldn’t I as a fan expect this will still happen when there’s been no news to say it’s not happening?

Im not assuming anything. There are plans. There is the funds. It is happening so far as anyone knows still. You suggest that Ellis may not want to do it and you may be able to assume these things about what he may think or want but unfortunately I don’t know him and can only go what’s open on the public domain. If he wants to do something else then great but I can’t read his mind so until anything’s announced I’ll expect to see the next phase of works happen.

I have just read a few other posts after that suggests the initial pot of money is gone? 11.2 million was it?

That’s very disappointing with all the cuts that were endured through the project with fan zone, change in specs, not doing specific parts of the north stand. Add to that the 2 floor refurbishment and there’s been a huge amount of cuts through this project it seems.

If that’s the case and Ellis is using his own money I can understand why he may want to do something different or be considering what’s best for the future of trinity.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Trojan Horse "There is a huge difference between players potentially signing and planned works. Prospective targets can change with change in coach. That’s common sense. However, this is planned works with money being allocated (from the initial figure) that has been planned to go ahead all along.

Why shouldn’t I as a fan expect this will still happen when there’s been no news to say it’s not happening?

Im not assuming anything. There are plans. There is the funds. It is happening so far as anyone knows still. You suggest that Ellis may not want to do it and you may be able to assume these things about what he may think or want but unfortunately I don’t know him and can only go what’s open on the public domain. If he wants to do something else then great but I can’t read his mind so until anything’s announced I’ll expect to see the next phase of works happen.'"

The point being, the person deciding where the money is allocated has changed.

I don't understand why you see 'assuming' and 'expecting' as different.

The reality is, the world at Belle Vue has changed. So new plans are afoot.
The very fact the Neil Fox Stand was finished to spec and then Ellis took over and he wanted to make some changes shows that.

However I do agree, some comms on this subject would be nice when he finalises them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: PopTart "The point being, the person deciding where the money is allocated has changed.

The very fact the Neil Fox Stand was finished to spec and then Ellis took over and he wanted to make some changes shows that.

However I do agree, some comms on this subject would be nice when he finalises them.'"

I’m with you on this one, don’t see what the problem is.

I intend to add a conservatory to my kitchen, however if I move before I do it, I don’t expect the new owner to do it just because I intended to. Hope that doesn’t sound too condescending but it’s the easiest way I can think to explain the situation.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6822No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: PopTart "The point being, the person deciding where the money is allocated has changed.

However I do agree, some comms on this subject would be nice when he finalises them.'"

I suppose it’s one of those wait and see where I need to display some restraint. I’m not the only one who’s been asking about the prospective new gym etc on social platforms though.

I can absolutely accept it’s changed and don’t get me wrong I am happy with the changes and am feeling positive about how we are progressing. Perhaps I will need to wait and see what plans Ellis has for the north east corner and other areas of the stadium.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2258
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

Went to post office road today for the Dewsbury game, firstly it amazes me the crap Wakey got a few years ago about the crush barriers not being strong enough, yet Fev still don’t have any crush barriers at all in their standing area. Then there’s the rest of it, absolutetly terrible around the ground/back of the stands and the old stand is seating is falling apart. Total lack of corporate boxes/viewing, horrifying floodlights and a pitch that must only just meet minimum dimensions, then there’s the fans, the older guys are great, but there’s some pretty vitriolic, ignorant, loud mouth, solipsistic and self righteous 25-40 year olds, that seem to be just there to scream at the opposition and referee, same every time I’ve been to Fev since 1998, they seem to have one enourmous chip on their shoulders icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star5615
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: financialtimes "Went to post office road today for the Dewsbury game, firstly it amazes me the crap Wakey got a few years ago about the crush barriers not being strong enough, yet Fev still don’t have any crush barriers at all in their standing area. Then there’s the rest of it, absolutetly terrible around the ground/back of the stands and the old stand is seating is falling apart. Total lack of corporate boxes/viewing, horrifying floodlights and a pitch that must only just meet minimum dimensions, then there’s the fans, the older guys are great, but there’s some pretty vitriolic, ignorant, loud mouth, solipsistic and self righteous 25-40 year olds, that seem to be just there to scream at the opposition and referee, same every time I’ve been to Fev since 1998, they seem to have one enourmous chip on their shoulders How did the the Rams go FT ? And how did he go as well icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg

Quote: financialtimes "Went to post office road today for the Dewsbury game, firstly it amazes me the crap Wakey got a few years ago about the crush barriers not being strong enough, yet Fev still don’t have any crush barriers at all in their standing area. Then there’s the rest of it, absolutetly terrible around the ground/back of the stands and the old stand is seating is falling apart. Total lack of corporate boxes/viewing, horrifying floodlights and a pitch that must only just meet minimum dimensions, then there’s the fans, the older guys are great, but there’s some pretty vitriolic, ignorant, loud mouth, solipsistic and self righteous 25-40 year olds, that seem to be just there to scream at the opposition and referee, same every time I’ve been to Fev since 1998, they seem to have one enourmous chip on their shoulders
I was actually involved in the planning of the main stand at Fev, around 1985. It cost less than half a million and was a benchmark design for a small semi pro club. I’m still proud of it and it’s sad if it’s become a bit dilapidated, no excuse for that.

However even at the time we were aware of both the stand and POR limitations.

Where I think the ground flatters to deceive is in appearance, it looks more than it is. All the stands are basic but ok for what is needed. Only the lack of corporate is a real issue but then that’s not really what Fev are all about.

Sadly the real issue, the small sloping pitch was never seriously addressed, when in truth it should have come first after the main stand was built. It was always going to come back and bite them and now it has.

Fev fans will disagree with me, but 3 reasonably modern stands don’t make up for a pitch not fit for purpose. In the modern game a quality playing surface is now simply a must, if nothing else it’s what the TV companies expect to see.

Say what you like about Carter and Minards, they spotted that a modern pitch and modern lighting were a must have. So much so that they committed club money ahead of players. Seemed daft at the time, but they read the IMG situation correctly, and our points tally shows that.

As I say BV has good bones, and we will benefit from that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2613
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "I was actually involved in the planning of the main stand at Fev, around 1985. It cost less than half a million and was a benchmark design for a small semi pro club. I’m still proud of it and it’s sad if it’s become a bit dilapidated, no excuse for that.

However even at the time we were aware of both the stand and POR limitations.

Where I think the ground flatters to deceive is in appearance, it looks more than it is. All the stands are basic but ok for what is needed. Only the lack of corporate is a real issue but then that’s not really what Fev are all about.

Sadly the real issue, the small sloping pitch was never seriously addressed, when in truth it should have come first after the main stand was built. It was always going to come back and bite them and now it has.

Fev fans will disagree with me, but 3 reasonably modern stands don’t make up for a pitch not fit for purpose. In the modern game a quality playing surface is now simply a must, if nothing else it’s what the TV companies expect to see.

Say what you like about Carter and Minards, they spotted that a modern pitch and modern lighting were a must have. So much so that they committed club money ahead of players. Seemed daft at the time, but they read the IMG situation correctly, and our points tally shows that.

As I say BV has good bones, and we will benefit from that.'"

Think you are spot on about the forward planning about M C and J M .Best laugh to me is we still got fans having a go at the stadium, There is one guy who is putting is money into club ,so just lets leave it to him .Unbelievable how much as changed for the good since he took over.With any job once the space works been done the job gets easier if you got the right tools to do it

RankPostsTeam
International Star2258
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

Quote: Big lads mate "How did the the Rams go FT ? And how did he go as well They did OK, 28-14 to Fev, which flattered them I feel, rams were playing a lot of their 2 choice players to see how they go (Fev were missing a few 1st teamers) Some weird decisions both ways from the man in the middle, their last try player was a foot in touch and dropped the ball, but given being one of them. I think Fev will be one of the teams in the play offs but they will probs be 5/6th.
My lad played last 5 of 1st half and all the second half and played to his usual high standard icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3072
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76901_1662991480.jpg
We're all Trin aren't we?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76901.jpg

Quote: alegend "Think you are spot on about the forward planning about M C and J M .Best laugh to me is we still got fans having a go at the stadium, There is one guy who is putting is money into club ,so just lets leave it to him .Unbelievable how much as changed for the good since he took over.With any job once the space works been done the job gets easier if you got the right tools to do it'"

You'll [ialways[/i get those numpties unfortunately.... icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6822No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: BarnsleyGull "You'll [ialways[/i get those numpties unfortunately....
How very brave and upstanding of you.

2405 posts in 161 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
2405 posts in 161 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.36962890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
5m
Leigh it is
Jason65
10m
Recruitment rumours and links
Abe Froman
23m
TV Games - Not Hull
The Cooke Re
24m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
YosemiteSam
37m
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
39m
Decision on the field
Trainman
47m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leigh it is
Jason65
39s
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
48s
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
51s
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
56s
Recruitment rumours and links
Abe Froman
58s
Rumours and signings v9
apollosghost
58s
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Listenup94
1m
just_browny
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
Trainman
TODAY
just_browny
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Listenup94
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Boss Hog
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,441 80,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R29
15:00
York
v
Widnes
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22