FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Time for some honesty.
80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
International Star17946
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Completely half d performance form minute 1.
Did last weeks comeback really take so much out of the players ?

With the injuries that we picked up during the game, victory was never going to happen but, Catalan looked like a well coached, organised rugby league side.
We, on the other hand, looked ill prepared and beaten and that was before a ball had been kicked (or passed).
After the effort shown in the 2nd half last week, just what changed ?

Our offence was THE most shambolic that I can remember, totally devoid of any structure / ideas.

We certainly shouldn't have changed the HB pairing.
Chester needs to decide who his best pairing are and give them PLENTY of games together, not chop and change each week.
Catalan deserve some credit for their defence, which was superb, albeit, that it wasn't exactly tested, our forwards gave in very early on after getting bullied, which just shouldn't happen at this level.
Where on earth were our leaders /enforcers.

Very, very disappointing and possibly the most inept display under Chester and there needs to be one hell of a reaction next week.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Pie_Eyter "Sorry but if you have been a Wakefield fan for 38 years and today is the time you feel you need to speak out then you need to have a reality check. Today is the only time in those years that you have felt the need to vent your frustrations is because the internet hasn't been around that long. I'm sure before that you bemoaned your teams performance in a pub etc before that but you had no platform to do so. Yes you played poor today, very poor, but all sides do. You have hammered my team (Wigan) on your own midden on more than a few occasions and have had a lot more scalps along the way. You have gone from a second rate in the lower tiers to mid table to play off challenging side in Super League those 38 years and all i can see is progress. You have started in the last 5 years at least to bring through some very good young players and have recruited very well. All sides have bad seasons. I think you need a sense of perspective of where you have been and where you are now when you look at the likes of Widnes and Bradfoed, even the likes of Halifax. 38 years ago you would have been the underdog against sides like that and now you mix it with the best of them. Don't be so knee jerk, every fan of every club wants better for their team (mine included) but it's been a strange season, let's just get it out of the way and start a fresh next term and appreciate that you are a fan of a club that has made leaps and bounds over the years with limited resources and facilities.'"

Unless the Wigan fan has watched every single Wakefield game over the last two seasons then he cannot sensibly discuss the issues which I have raised.

For the avoidance of any doubt, I am not in any way, shape or form questioning that our club has made giant strides forward over the last 4 or 5 seasons and that is to testimony in no small part to the efforts and stewardship of Michael Carter. I have the utmost respect for Michael and what he has done to transform our great club from a very dark place, which has been nothing short of a minor miracle when you consider the financial constraints within which he has had to operate.

Beating a couple of understrength Wigan teams over the past two or three years on our home patch means nothing in the context of the deep-rooted issues I have identified. Although our team has put in some tremendous shifts over the past two years, particularly last season in the face of extreme adversity and an injury crisis which was probably the worst which any super league club has had to deal with, effort only gets you so far and the win/loss ratio for this period does not lie. Hopefully yesterday was just a blip which we will not see again and we can put it behind us. Who knows, maybe CC was luring Catalans into a fall sense of security and we are going to hit them in the Challenge Cup with a different type of performance - I sincerely hope so.

We were a mid-table side two/three years ago but we are not in that place now and have not been for quite some time. Last year it was us, Hull KR, London and Huddersfield at the bottom of the pile. London were relegated and ever since Sezer joined Huddersfield they are a completely different outfit. With Toronto now gone, the reality is that Hull KR and our club are the struggling teams at the bottom and unless we change things then there is a good chance that we will end up being relegated next season – you can only dodge that trap door for so long.

So what has gone wrong and how do we fix it. There are so many facets of the game which combine to make a team successful – fitness, mental health, morale etc but what I think we need to distil it down to are the fundamentals of playing the game – defence and attack.

I think on the whole, yesterday apart, our defence has been pretty sound. However, the same cannot be said for the other half of our game - our attacking play – which is cause for concern, and has been cause for concern for some time.

Our attack has been spluttering and faltering for 2-3 seasons now. I turn up to games and watch the lads warm up and the moves look good but come game time the lads very rarely seem able to replicate the quick hands / deepish line / running onto the ball at pace of the training environment – it all seems to disappear and you have to wonder what the hell the guys are doing on the training paddock during the week. We fire occasionally in some games but more often than not we are devoid of ideas in the opposition 20m area and our last tackle option i.e. our kicking, is telegraphed or poorly executed giving sides 7 tackle sets and allowing them to march us down the field.

I accept that there have been victories but a lot of the time those have been eked out, difficult to watch come backs or occasions when we have been treated to an outstanding performance from our talisman, Big Dave.

If anyone has watched us play week in and week out since John Kear left and does think that there are major issues with our attack then they must be watching a different Trinity team to me. I do not know whether the issue is because John was responsible for our attack or whether Chris has had to take on too much of the coaching responsibility but I pinpoint the gradual demise in the attacking side of our game to when John left the club. The injuries I have mentioned above have obviously played their part and I accept that it is difficult to develop consistency and fluidity when the team sheet is changing on a weekly basis but we cannot keep raising that as an excuse for poor attack management. We need to have a system of attacking play (along the lines of a Saints, Castleford, Huddersfield/Salford) which is ingrained into the training regime of the club at every level and which all the players have to buy into. It won’t happen overnight but we now have what is effectively an extended pre-season to try things out and put things in place to make sure that we can compete next season in both defence and, crucialy, attack. If steps are not taken now to sort out our attack then I really fear for next season.

For me, we need to be looking at the teams that have historically been in the same place as we are in i.e. Salford, Huddersfield and (going back a little further) Castleford, to see what those clubs have done to transform their fortunes and in particular their attacking play. At Castleford Daryl came along and introduced a brand of attack which was the envy of other Super league clubs – yes you can point to the fact that he has not won any trophies but I would give my right leg to turn up and watch Wakey play the way that Cas do – ouch that hurt but it is the truth. One of the reasons for their success was until recently, whether you like him or not, the Cas playmaker Luke Gale. If you look at Salford, a club very similar to ours in a number of aspects, Watson has had them playing decent attacking rugby for two/three seasons now and the current and former Salford Halfbacks of Tui Lolohea and Jackson Hastings have played no small part in that success. With Huddersfield, it took Woolford a bit of time to replace Broughy but he has introduced Sezer and has got the Giants to play some great attacking rugby.

The common denominators to the attack management adopted by these clubs are an attack minded coach and a midfield general who can work the team around the park. Looking at our club, it seems to me that we may have a coach who has too much on his plate to devote the time required to develop our attack and we have no half back who can control a game but frankly I am not close enough to the club so cannot comment. On the midfield general, I am not convinced that any of Milky, Ryan or Max are the answer but I suspect the club will use our extended pre-season to find out. The Gigot signing was a bit baffling because I’m not sure a full back come centre come winger come half back is the answer. Without knowing the financials and availability of players, it is difficult to say whether we can bring in what is required but you do not necessarily have to flash the cash – look at what Liam Finn did for us.

The likes of Castleford, Salford and Huddersfield have found an attacking formula that is exciting to watch and, crucially, also wins games. I don’t see why we cannot look at how they play then first replicate it and then try and improve on it.

There is also another very good reason to make sure that our attack is firing on all cylinders. Winning games is obviously key but fans want to see their team playing an expansive and open attacking team because it puts bums on seats which for a club like ours has to be a priority. I have talked about those games where we have eked out victories but on those days I have often left the ground thinking great we have the win but feeling really frustrated that we’ve done it ugly and there must be another way to doing it. I think there is and more importantly I think that if we don’t sort the attack out we will be facing relegation again next year.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36025
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: dpbnov "My family and I have been supporters of our great club for 38 years. We have also been regular season ticket holders for the same time period as well

I have witnessed some disappointing team performances over the years (and you don’t become and remain a Trinity fan if you expect otherwise), and during that time I have never taken to social media to ventilate my frustration about a game, but I am unable to contain my sheer anger and embarrassment at today’s woeful performance which was quite frankly a disgrace.

Our club has always prided itself on its grit, team spirit and determination but there was none of that on display today. I accept that there were injuries in the game, and that obviously has an effect on the level of performance, but those injuries do not excuse the complete lack of effort and leadership from minute one of the game. The players who took to the pitch today – a virtually full strength side - were highly capable of competing with that Catalans side but they delivered up a performance devoid of effort and any attacking threat and need to take a long hard look at themselves. Whilst many rational fans can overlook a number of issues, a complete lack of effort is not one of them. If many supporters had turned up to work and put the level of effort in that those players did today, the reality is that they would be sacked or at the least be facing some kind of disciplinary process.

It is not just the players who must take responsibility for that performance but also the coaching staff because the team is seemingly incapable of executing basic rugby league skills in both attack and, on the basis of today’s performance, defence. You did not need to listen to the embarrassing Sky commentary of the game to put your finger on the issues with the performance, which have not just appeared overnight but have been gradually developing ever since John Kear’s departure from the club and have often left us, and many supporters we know, feeling more and more disheartened with the direction of the team’s approach to playing the game

I can’t take this seriously. I’ve been watching since 1989 and I’ve seen far far worse.

Not making excuses we were dreadful but lets get some context.

We were never going to win that was obvious after 10 minutes we never got off the bus. That said injuries played a massive part after that Keats get real. Players totally out of position by the with fat too many having to play way more minutes than normal.

Move on it was a stinker but next week is another game and I’ve rarely seen a Trinity team not respond to a dire performance.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain595No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "I can’t take this seriously. I’ve been watching since 1989 and I’ve seen far far worse.

We were never going to win that was obvious after 10 minutes we never got off the bus. That said injuries played a massive part after that Keats get real. Players totally out of position by the with fat too many having to play way more minutes than normal.

Move on it was a stinker but next week is another game and I’ve rarely seen a Trinity team not respond to a dire performance.'"

Well like you been watching a long long time, was at the Keighley debacle when half the team got sent off, hull at the height of our financial difficulties when half the team declined to play, catalan in the Paul Shorpe era but - to get real we have won 4 out of the last 26 games. With our first choice team we conceded 24 points in the first 20 odd minutes. Our lack of attacking ideas thereafter I can live with due to the injuries.

For me what makes this all so frustrating is the fact we seem to have assembled probably our best squad since we entered super league.

With the exception of Finn this same two years ago were playing free flowing attacking rugby - albeit inconsistent.

I can live with losing but not with a defence that’s lacking any organisation and very little effort. We played to lose yesterday, it’s hard to single out any one individual but there are several players including a couple of so called fans who need to take a long hard look at themselves

RankPostsTeam
International Star2254
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

I stopped reading all that as soon as I got to the bit about Sezer being the major difference at Hudds, as he has done sweet fanny Adams IMO, Gaskell has been the better half and they missed him more yesterday then the 20mins they were without sezer.
People need to realise that this season is a write off in all sense of the word bar 4 or 5 clubs who have a chance, the rest are all bit players. Plus with all this BLM shizzle from last week and the fact there are currently 9 SL payers testing positive for C-19 then things really need to be put in to perspective.
Just watch the season out, none of us are any worse of than we were yesterday morning, there's more important things going on in the world and on our doorstep icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

Chester should have gone last season before he ever put us in the position of nearly being relegated. As others have said, this season is a write off with no relegation, so why not use the opportunity to get rid of the deadwood (players and coaches) and start afresh giving the opportunity to young players in a safer (in league position terms) place for the rest of the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17946
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Egg Banjo "Chester should have gone last season before he ever put us in the position of nearly being relegated. As others have said, this season is a write off with no relegation, so why not use the opportunity to get rid of the deadwood (players and coaches) and start afresh giving the opportunity to young players in a safer (in league position terms) place for the rest of the season.'"

Putting the youngsters in always sounds good in theory but, they need to be drip fed into a side that is playing well.
Just throwing them in, hoping for improvement, wont help the side and more importantly, wont help the kids.

Our forwards were bullied out of the game yesterday.
Do you think throwing 19/20 year old's into that kind of game will help anyone?

Hopefully there will be some opportunities for Chester to have a look at all of the squad and some of the young up and coming players as the season progresses.

There are sure to be some changes for next week just to cover injuries but, if the 17 players go with the same attitude as yesterday, it will be the same result (or worse).

RankPostsTeam
International Star5574
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Putting the youngsters in always sounds good in theory but, they need to be drip fed into a side that is playing well.
Just throwing them in, hoping for improvement, wont help the side and more importantly, wont help the kids.

Our forwards were bullied out of the game yesterday.
Do you think throwing 19/20 year old's into that kind of game will help anyone?

Hopefully there will be some opportunities for Chester to have a look at all of the squad and some of the young up and coming players as the season progresses.

There are sure to be some changes for next week just to cover injuries but, if the 17 players go with the same attitude as yesterday, it will be the same result (or worse).'"

100% with the youngsters bit, we will be sure to mass more injuries than what we have now. I just hope we get a good dressing down, good weeks training and not least a good look at ourselves, man up and go again next weekend on a fresh piece of paper.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36025
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

FWIW CC is probably coming to the end of his time at the club. Poor lads had no luck at all in the last 18 month but all the same unless you are an exceptional coach or a coach at a club with exceptional resources then 4-5 years is pretty much the limit.

We simply don’t have enough players capable of self motivation, quite a few are borderline SL standard. CC has probably got us much out of them as he could. It’s a simple economic truth that 2 years ago we were on the brink of being good. At that point we needed to replace Finn and a few others with some real quality. We simply couldn’t because we don’t have the cash and more importantly we don’t have the draw.

We’ve gone state it’s that simple. We have more quality than I’ve seen but we don’t have any leaders on the field.

I saw this with Toppo and Kear and it would of happened to Kelly. We simply can’t make the leap and haven’t been able too since the sixties. As an aside we are an unlucky club and have been since 68, gypsies curse they say but whatever the reason it’s painful reading.

CC will probably not see out the season. Sad because I think there is an excellent coach in there. I know some folk will shout about Watson at Salford but his time will come. Coaches who have lasted longer than 5 years at any club are rare, it’s just how it is, even in the sainted NRL.

This is all based on previous experience and I would love to be proved wrong I really would. The team currently needs a rocket up it bum and generally it’s very difficult for the incumbent coach to find let alone light the fuse.

Again hope I’m eating my words in a few weeks, it would certainly brighten up an otherwise dreadful year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: vastman "I can’t take this seriously. I’ve been watching since 1989 and I’ve seen far far worse.

Move on it was a stinker but next week is another game and I’ve rarely seen a Trinity team not respond to a dire performance.'"
that Catalan team yesterday were far fitter, faster, stronger, they were hungry and enthusiastic to smash us to bits. We’ve got some decent backs with pace but the way our pack is playing we could have the full Aussie back line and it would be the same.
We built a big pack and we never use what we’ve got, we’ve got to take them on down the middle hard and straight and get on top. We’ve forwards chucking balls out all over the place, it’s so frustrating, we’ve our best prop on the bench get him on the field. We can’t afford to have back rowers just stood out wide against a pack like just passing on like a centre.
Like I say we’ve got big forwards so change the structure and play to them, we we’re crap last week, Wigan had a young inexperienced pack and we should of took them on and bullied them but no change of tactics and we got bullied. Clearly playing the same way over and over and over again isn’t working

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4130No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34595_1297504122.jpg
[color=#BF0000:1qi6asc8]WAKEFIELD FANS ARE BORN, NOT MANUFACTURED.WE DO NOT CHOOSE, WE ARE CHOSEN. THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND NEED NO EXPLANATION. THOSE WHO DONT, DONT MATTER.[/color:1qi6asc8] [color=#0000FF:1qi6asc8]I AM THE SEEKER OF TRUTH AND JUSTICE[/color:1qi6asc8]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34595.jpg

Quote: vastman "FWIW CC is probably coming to the end of his time at the club. Poor lads had no luck at all in the last 18 month but all the same unless you are an exceptional coach or a coach at a club with exceptional resources then 4-5 years is pretty much the limit.

We simply don’t have enough players capable of self motivation, quite a few are borderline SL standard. CC has probably got us much out of them as he could. It’s a simple economic truth that 2 years ago we were on the brink of being good. At that point we needed to replace Finn and a few others with some real quality. We simply couldn’t because we don’t have the cash and more importantly we don’t have the draw.

We’ve gone state it’s that simple. We have more quality than I’ve seen but we don’t have any leaders on the field.

I saw this with Toppo and Kear and it would of happened to Kelly. We simply can’t make the leap and haven’t been able too since the sixties. As an aside we are an unlucky club and have been since 68, gypsies curse they say but whatever the reason it’s painful reading.

CC will probably not see out the season. Sad because I think there is an excellent coach in there. I know some folk will shout about Watson at Salford but his time will come. Coaches who have lasted longer than 5 years at any club are rare, it’s just how it is, even in the sainted NRL.

This is all based on previous experience and I would love to be proved wrong I really would. The team currently needs a rocket up it bum and generally it’s very difficult for the incumbent coach to find let alone light the fuse.

Again hope I’m eating my words in a few weeks, it would certainly brighten up an otherwise dreadful year.'"
il always thought Chris Chester was a very intelligent player and there might be a good coach in there but he’s unwilling to change tactics and adapt and this will prove his downfall

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

Quote: wrencat1873 "Putting the youngsters in always sounds good in theory but, they need to be drip fed into a side that is playing well.'"

We haven't had a side which is playing well in a couple of seasons now, just the odd lucky win. There's nothing to lose by removing the lazy senior players and replacing them with someone who might have a spark of desire to win about them.

Under the current coach, there's little to no chance of them seeing any progression, he's more interested in keeping his golfing buddies sweet than developing the squad

RankPostsTeam
International Star1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: dpbnov "My family and I have been supporters of our great club for 38 years. We have also been regular season ticket holders for the same time period as well

I have witnessed some disappointing team performances over the years (and you don’t become and remain a Trinity fan if you expect otherwise), and during that time I have never taken to social media to ventilate my frustration about a game, but I am unable to contain my sheer anger and embarrassment at today’s woeful performance which was quite frankly a disgrace.

Our club has always prided itself on its grit, team spirit and determination but there was none of that on display today. I accept that there were injuries in the game, and that obviously has an effect on the level of performance, but those injuries do not excuse the complete lack of effort and leadership from minute one of the game. The players who took to the pitch today – a virtually full strength side - were highly capable of competing with that Catalans side but they delivered up a performance devoid of effort and any attacking threat and need to take a long hard look at themselves. Whilst many rational fans can overlook a number of issues, a complete lack of effort is not one of them. If many supporters had turned up to work and put the level of effort in that those players did today, the reality is that they would be sacked or at the least be facing some kind of disciplinary process.

It is not just the players who must take responsibility for that performance but also the coaching staff because the team is seemingly incapable of executing basic rugby league skills in both attack and, on the basis of today’s performance, defence. You did not need to listen to the embarrassing Sky commentary of the game to put your finger on the issues with the performance, which have not just appeared overnight but have been gradually developing ever since John Kear’s departure from the club and have often left us, and many supporters we know, feeling more and more disheartened with the direction of the team’s approach to playing the game

Couldn't have summed it up any better. We've been poor for a while now and hve won the odd game here and there. But it's the same problems every week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5160
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A win rate over the recent history of 20% is not good enough. We survived last season by winning the final game and this season it will be because there is no relegation. It is not just yesterday’s game but the fact that our performances have deteriorated in both defence and attack since Leeds away. We do not appear to have any pre planned moves and despite the warning in the first minute we were unable to adjust our defence to cover the gaps.
The bottom line is that we are just poor and not once did I see Chester make any attempt to pass on instructions during the game.
I know that the majority of the forum will continue to pay and watch however the team play but it is not us the club need to consider but those that do not buy season tickets, join the club draw or adopt a player who need to be entertained preferably by Wakefield not the opposition. In many ways they were lucky yesterday because there were no supporters who I am sure would have made their feelings felt quite loudly.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2593
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Going to get shot down .The reason why we are looking so bad this season is that Teams in S L were allowed to dump players who are past it or not good enough ,on to us to free up money for this season Not one but 8 players who would have not got in to our first team last year ,all over seen by the coaching staff .With these signings They have taken us back 5 years .Feel so sorry for the Chairman and Mr Carter they are watching the excellent work they have done been destroyed by a very poor coaching staff .

80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
80 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.4521484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
31m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
33m
Film game
Wanderer
54m
Trueman
Dave K.
Recent
Rumours and signings v9
NSW
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
40s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
54s
FIELD
nathan_rugby
54s
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
1m
Trueman
Dave K.
1m
Rumours and signings v9
NSW
2m
TV Games - Not Hull
Jake the Peg
3m
On to Barrow home
Hudd-Shay
3m
Is Lokie On His Way
LeythIg
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Saints Win Golden Point Thriller with Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Brisbane Broco signs for next season
Huddersfield
TODAY
Round 21 Wigan Home
Once were Lo
TODAY
Leeds a
Zig
TODAY
On to Barrow home
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Sky sports
karetaker
TODAY
Matty Ashurst testimonial cricket match this Sunday
Trin e ti
TODAY
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcomes the Leigh Leopards
RLFANS News
TODAY
Sheffield Eagles home
Big lads mat
TODAY
Etan Natoli to leave Broncos at seasons end
Benny Profan
TODAY
The Black and Whites have been loaned Wigan prop for the res
Huddersfield
TODAY
Belle Vue attendances
financialtim
TODAY
Lisa Nandy
moto748
TODAY
New Home for Hull FC
His Bobness
TODAY
Ellis Lingard
FIL
TODAY
Myler Ellis
Blackandwhit
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Wanderer
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
WalterWizard
TODAY
Kicking Game
NSW
TODAY
London Broncos Victorious Over Off-Colour Catalans Dragons
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
Brick with e
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Saints Win Golden Point Thrill..
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcom..
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,038 80,09414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
09:00
Gold Coast
v
Cronulla
11:00
Parramatta
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
17:30
LeedsW
v
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R21
Wakefield
v
Sheffield
 TOMORROW
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 Sun 11th Aug
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
       League One 2024-R19
Midlands
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Keighley
Leigh
v
Hull FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sat 31st Aug
SL
Hull FC-Castleford
Thu 8th Aug
SL 21 St.Helens17-16Salford
NRL 23 Souths16-28Melbourne
Tue 6th Aug
SL 2 Wigan28-6Leigh
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH 20 Featherstone24-16Batley
CH 20 Halifax38-18York
CH 20 Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH 20 Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL 22 Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL 22 Canterbury22-18Canberra
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 20 523 264 259 32
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
St.Helens 21 518 278 240 26
Salford 21 393 399 -6 26
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 20 398 314 84 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14