JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Vasty surely O `Brian, Johnson, Sau, Evalds, Lui, Kopczak, Jones, Hauraki, Tasi, Falnagan, Burgess, Vatuvei and Mossop deserve the respect of being recognized as good players, and certainly should not be written of by youI would say that Kopczak is one of the best props in the League. If Salford are able to field the above in a match day 17 then they will be a tough side to beat. One more for you Vasty Bennion who played at Halifax last season, he has a big future in the game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12073No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bellycouldtackle "Vasty surely O `Brian, Johnson, Sau, Evalds, Lui, Kopczak, Jones, Hauraki, Tasi, Falnagan, Burgess, Vatuvei and Mossop deserve the respect of being recognized as good players, and certainly should not be written of by youI would say that Kopczak is one of the best props in the League. If Salford are able to field the above in a match day 17 then they will be a tough side to beat. One more for you Vasty Bennion who played at Halifax last season, he has a big future in the game.'"

Tbf he said you have about a dozen good players, but no really good ones. Its all about personal opinion what constitutes good but I have to agree. They are all decent players you mention, but how many are truly top class? How many would get regular rugby at a Saints, Leeds, Wigan or Hull?

I am a neutral in this, and I'm not convinced just yet that Wakefield are genuine top 4 challengers, but on paper Trin are stronger in most areas.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Vatuvei is out for the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5738
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Vatuvei's got a serious Achilles injury, hasn't he.

Salford has got some good players, who we shouldn't underestimate but Like Vastman says very good is pushing it for quite a few of them imo and that list for the most are good/decent SL players. Kopczak and Lui are their best players for me.

If they defend like they did against Wigan, our wingers are going to have a field day. It needs to massively improve.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5738
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Tbf he said you have about a dozen good players, but no really good ones. Its all about personal opinion what constitutes good but I have to agree. They are all decent players you mention, but how many are truly top class? How many would get regular rugby at a Saints, Leeds, Wigan or Hull?

I am a neutral in this, and I'm not convinced just yet that Wakefield are genuine top 4 challengers, but on paper Trin are stronger in most areas.'"

He's a Trinity fan mate. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12073No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Shifty Cat "He's a Trinity fan mate.
Haha oops.

My excuse is that I am on mobile so I dont see avatars or anything.

Point still stands though. Salford have mostly decent players with a handful of average/poor ones. Wakefield have mostly decent players with a handful of really good ones. Wakefield by 14

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: bellycouldtackle "Vasty surely O `Brian, Johnson, Sau, Evalds, Lui, Kopczak, Jones, Hauraki, Tasi, Falnagan, Burgess, Vatuvei and Mossop deserve the respect of being recognized as good players, and certainly should not be written of by youI would say that Kopczak is one of the best props in the League. If Salford are able to field the above in a match day 17 then they will be a tough side to beat. One more for you Vasty Bennion who played at Halifax last season, he has a big future in the game.'"

Yes but you said really good players and they are not imho. Vatuvei in particular looked a shadow of his former self not just last year but in recent seasons. Moosop is just dreadful and Burgess is well past his best. Liu is brilliant when he can be bothered which isn't very often ditto Hauraki, Tasi. The rest are just plain ordinary.

Kopczak is a class act and as good as any of ours but that's basically 5-1 and he can't overcome that no matter how good he is.

They are where we were is 2016 so they can definitely build but lets not over do it. I don't want to underestimate anyone but I'm not going to overestimate for no reason either.

If we lose to Salford it will mainly be because we didn't perform to our best, if we do we'll take them by 20 points imo. Whether that happens who knows.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5738
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Haha oops.

My excuse is that I am on mobile so I dont see avatars or anything.

Point still stands though. Salford have mostly decent players with a handful of average/poor ones. Wakefield have mostly decent players with a handful of really good ones. Wakefield by 14'"

With Belly it's an easy mistake sometimes. Loves to talk up other sides. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36014
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Despite my undoubted genius regarding the game and it's players CC and I are not in touch but if we were this is the advise I would give him RE Salford.

As Belly points out Salford do have a backbone of decent players. Likewise their Coach is no mug.

He will have watched us last week and will be rightly scared of our left hand side (been a long time since a Wakey fan could state that and be right!). That being Miller, Ashurst, Tupou and Johnstone.

He will want to defend against that and will throw everything he has at it. I'm certain they will be able to blunt that attack as they have some players who can do it.

What I'm equally certain about is that Salford don't have the bodies to defend our nearly as devastating right hand attack - BJB, Lyne, Kirmo/Horo and Grix chiming in.

For me its a case of left left right. Fein to go down the left but make all the big attacking plays up the weaker right.

If the players do that methodically we should win IMHO, because I just don't think Salford have the pace to defend it.

Of course the backs will need to be smart and the forwards hold their own but you need that no matter what the game plan is.

The club can send me my money in the post, thank you all for reading icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17933
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: vastman "Despite my undoubted genius regarding the game and it's players CC and I are not in touch but if we were this is the advise I would give him RE Salford.

As Belly points out Salford do have a backbone of decent players. Likewise their Coach is no mug.

He will have watched us last week and will be rightly scared of our left hand side (been a long time since a Wakey fan could state that and be right!). That being Miller, Ashurst, Tupou and Johnstone.

He will want to defend against that and will throw everything he has at it. I'm certain they will be able to blunt that attack as they have some players who can do it.

What I'm equally certain about is that Salford don't have the bodies to defend our nearly as devastating right hand attack - BJB, Lyne, Kirmo/Horo and Grix chiming in.

For me its a case of left left right. Fein to go down the left but make all the big attacking plays up the weaker right.

If the players do that methodically we should win IMHO, because I just don't think Salford have the pace to defend it.

Of course the backs will need to be smart and the forwards hold their own but you need that no matter what the game plan is.

The club can send me my money in the post, thank you all for reading
Nah, just bash em up down the middle and stroll in for as many tries as we want.
They'll have to be under the sticks though cos Finn's kicking boots have gone missing. icon_biggrin.gif

FIL
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4474
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46136_1705770219.jpg
M.I.B. ??....nope - M.I.R.W.B !!! Sent from my steam-powered Sinclair ZX81.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46136.jpg

Quote: vastman "Despite my undoubted genius regarding the game and it's players CC and I are not in touch but if we were this is the advise I would give him RE Salford.

The club can send me my money in the post, thank you all for reading
You are Chris Chester and I claim my £5 icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20472
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I agree with both.
Smash them down the middle but then choose left or right.

I like the variation now if they are going to continue with Grix one side and Miller on the other. Miller has to keep his passing at the level he had on Friday but it stops teams guessing the play by watching Grix.

Exciting times.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5738
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg

The club can send me my money in the post, thank you all for reading Good post. Saying that didn't Wigan just completely abuse the left side of Salfords' defense, so it'll be quite hard for them to remedy that in a week. Like you say though left or right, it doesn't really matter they're both strong.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

For the first time in ages, it must be a genuine quandary for opposition coaches to work out how to play WT; the pack is huge and can be devastating - and when Huby is fit, it adds another dimension, since he's a compulsive offloader - and with Grix' ability to back up, that's a real danger. Meanwhile, our 2nd row is big and quick, and then both edges are genuinely dangerous - particularly TJ, who seems to have a couple of extra gears, and a genuine ability to go from 0-60 almost instantly. I don't think you can 'plan' to defend Miller, since he's one of those players who doesn't seem to know himself what he's going to do until he has the ball in his hands - which works very well alongside Finn, who is much more methodical and always appears to be a few plays ahead of himself. Putting together that squad is a work of genius - making it perform to the best of its ability will be the challenge.

The biggest weakness from the HKR game was the middle part of the game, where we dropped off the pace and gave away a string of needless penalties - better teams than HKR will punish that kind of sloppiness, so that will need to be addressed. Looking forward to Friday - I'm predicting a comfortable win for WT.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The aspect of the 2018 left right side comparison that impressed me most was the defense, both sides seemed to be equally good. Now I know that our right side received most of the traffic against Hull KR, but in Ashurst and Horo we have two intelligent back rowers who read the game well, make great decisions and tackle well. Defense wins matches.

136 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
136 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.09619140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
20m
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
20m