JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Yep I seen that, but that's from the Star reporter, no mention from the club.'"

No mention of it from the club but the statements we have seen have indicated that we haven't actually been given a figure - at least throwing that number out there might provoke a response that see us given the true cost.

Can I suggest that everyone writes again to their local councillors expressing their disgust and demanding that this is sorted to avoid a costly court case that will need to be funded by the taxpayers.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2945
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

WELL DONE MESSRS CARTER & BRERETON. FIGHT TO THE END!!!!!!!!!!!!

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif k020.gif k020.gif k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1345No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Dec 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20696.gif
:20696.gif

100 % behind the club statement. About time someone stood up to these property developers and their council collaborators.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

Fantastic statement as ever by Michael and Chris.

Hopefully good will prevail by doing the right and just thing.

They have my full support.

Let's see how the worm and Trojan horse try to get out of this one and shift the blame again

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2945
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

COME ON NOW MR JEREMY CROSS> IT'S TIME TO SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ALL YOUR FELLOW JOURNALISTS. AND THOSE PUPPETS AT THE WAKEFIELD EXPRESS!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

The general gist is great, just wish we would have had it proof read before releasing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2219
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47750_1364064681.jpg
[i:1jzbvqku]The mind is like a parachute. If it's not open it won't work. - Frank Zappa[/i:1jzbvqku]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47750.jpg

"My main concern is for the fans." a010.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

MC and CB deserve the freedom of the City so that can walk their sheep across the Chantry Bridge without paying a crossing fee, they should have their names in stars on the pavements of Wakey. These men have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds to save and develop our club, they have given thousands of hours free of charge to save the club for the Community of Wakefield. Peter Box and his axis of Councillor cronies have done nothing to save the club, they have claimed many thousands of pounds of expense money of the tax payer to destroy the club. They have sided with Mackay and Hussain to facilitate these lowest of the low developers generation of millions of pounds of profit of which not one single penny will be seen by the community. Wallhead is just pure evil scum, here is a man who has never worked in a commercial environment but only ever said yes when asked to by his Councillor bosses, in return for this doffing of his cap and dropping of his trousers whenever asked he pockets in excess of 150k per year of council tax payers money. It is incredulous That Box and Jeffries who purport to be Labour Party people would side with and work for the money grabbing developers, rather than working their scrawny backsides off helping and assisting MC and CB who are working free gratis for the good of the City of Wakefield and its people, the man on the street and the down trodden. When Wakey win thousand of people in this City forget their troubles for a few hours and have smile on their faces. If Box and Jeffries have their way three incredibly rich men Mackay, Hussain and Walker make millions and the community loses its greatest asset. So MC and CB have my 100% support.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach89
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15400_1441839892.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15400.jpg

Quote: Redscat "COME ON NOW MR JEREMY CROSS> IT'S TIME TO SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ALL YOUR FELLOW JOURNALISTS. AND THOSE PUPPETS AT THE WAKEFIELD EXPRESS!!!'"

Looking at the Wakefield Express article they have published the whole statement minus 1 sentence...

Which sentence..

"We are aware that the Tigers will own the freehold of their stadium at a transfer cost of £1."

www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/ ... -1-8844761

#ExpressCasFans
Quote: Redscat "COME ON NOW MR JEREMY CROSS> IT'S TIME TO SHARE YOUR STORY WITH ALL YOUR FELLOW JOURNALISTS. AND THOSE PUPPETS AT THE WAKEFIELD EXPRESS!!!'"

Looking at the Wakefield Express article they have published the whole statement minus 1 sentence...

Which sentence..

"We are aware that the Tigers will own the freehold of their stadium at a transfer cost of £1."

www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/ ... -1-8844761

#ExpressCasFans

RankPostsTeam
International Star522No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2021Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bellycouldtackle "MC and CB deserve the freedom of the City so that can walk their sheep across the Chantry Bridge without paying a crossing fee, they should have their names in stars on the pavements of Wakey. These men have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds to save and develop our club, they have given thousands of hours free of charge to save the club for the Community of Wakefield. Peter Box and his axis of Councillor cronies have done nothing to save the club, they have claimed many thousands of pounds of expense money of the tax payer to destroy the club. They have sided with Mackay and Hussain to facilitate these lowest of the low developers generation of millions of pounds of profit of which not one single penny will be seen by the community. Wallhead is just pure evil scum, here is a man who has never worked in a commercial environment but only ever said yes when asked to by his Councillor bosses, in return for this doffing of his cap and dropping of his trousers whenever asked he pockets in excess of 150k per year of council tax payers money. It is incredulous That Box and Jeffries who purport to be Labour Party people would side with and work for the money grabbing developers, rather than working their scrawny backsides off helping and assisting MC and CB who are working free gratis for the good of the City of Wakefield and its people, the man on the street and the down trodden. When Wakey win thousand of people in this City forget their troubles for a few hours and have smile on their faces. If Box and Jeffries have their way three incredibly rich men Mackay, Hussain and Walker make millions and the community loses its greatest asset. So MC and CB have my 100% support.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Devil's Advocate "Yep I seen that, but that's from the Star reporter, no mention from the club.'"

I wondered that myself given where the Star gets all their info from.

So have the club seen figures or not because if they have then they are being a little disingenuous. And why 'entirely the fault of Wakefield Council'. Surely the developer is also just as culpable by not pushing the site? It isn't the councils job to sign up clients for land developers. I'd be going after both.

No mention either of the trigger point at Newmarket which will be a major player in all this. And are we still fighting for a stadium there given mentions of the PP up there or are we battling for the Belle Vue development with the correct rent? It doesn't make clear what we are wanting.

And another thing, as we are currently paying a commercial rent and ground upkeep to 88M now as we were to the BOI, then why would paying a commercial rent moving forwards (that we claim not to have seen) take us back to 2013? Surely we would just be stuck at 2017 levels which is 'a club (that) is unrecognizable from the mess we inherited in September 2013'.

Also if you are going to tell people to find out the public inquiry info themselves it might help if you include the details needed to do so.

It's a good read for finger pointing for those that don't follow it closely, which might well have been the point, but that isn't the best statement i've ever read for those that do, too many holes in it for my liking. I hope we are a little tighter come day in court time.

All that said its good to finally have a reply, lets see what response we get. Hopefully it will have rattled a few cages and bring people back to the table.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3192No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2022Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22151_1298059614.jpg
LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA //www.orlandovilla.org.uk:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22151.jpg

Quote: wtid71 "Thanks. Hope there will also be other ways that we the fans can help in the fight.'"

I’m sure there will be.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Letters on the way to all my councillors:

As a concerned citizen of Wakefield and one of your constituents I would like to know what is being done to address the failure of Wakefield MDC to enforce the S106 agreement that was put in place as part of the planning consent granted to Yorkcourt to develop land at Newmarket Lane, Stanley.
I am a Wakefield Trinity fan and so would like to see a new stadium created that would allow the City’s only professional sports club to have a home that will allow them to flourish. I am also a father of two young children and a part-time coach of a local football club, and so I take a greater interest than just the future of Wakefield Trinity. I would like to see the Wakefield district get the Community sports facilities that are seriously lacking. With childhood obesity rates constantly rising we need to encourage children to get more active and take up sports. A community facility would help massively in that respect, giving local clubs and teams somewhere to use. I understand that government funding cuts have hit the district and that has seen facilities closed, but this was an opportunity to create some new facilities to counteract at no cost to the council.
As a Wakefield ratepayer I am now concerned that the lack of action by the planning authority in enforcing the S106 agreement is now going to come back and bite the whole district. I read with dread this morning that Wakefield Trinity are now considering taking this to the High Court. I cannot even guess at the cost that would be involved in that but I can’t imagine it will be a small sum. Who is going to end up paying the court costs involved in that? As a ratepayer I do not want what little money the council do have at their disposal being spent on defending a court case when they have it wholly within their power to stop that happening by just fulfilling their obligation as local planning authority and forcing the developers who are making millions of pounds to do what they promised the Secretary of State.
I look forward to your response on this matter.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member275
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/The Swedish Chef.gif
[img:2kpi8tyi]http://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Tim-Smith-Wakefield-Wizard.jpg[/img:2kpi8tyi]:Black Backgrounds/The Swedish Chef.gif

Quote: Sacred Cow "No mention either of the trigger point at Newmarket which will be a major player in all this. And are we still fighting for a stadium there given mentions of the PP up there or are we battling for the Belle Vue development with the correct rent? It doesn't make clear what we are wanting.'"

I took this to mean we want Newmarket "We simply reply to the Council – deliver the Newmarket Stadium in accordance with your statutory duties"

Quote: Sacred Cow "And another thing, as we are currently paying a commercial rent and ground upkeep to 88M now as we were to the BOI, then why would paying a commercial rent moving forwards (that we claim not to have seen) take us back to 2013? Surely we would just be stuck at 2017 levels which is 'a club (that) is unrecognizable from the mess we inherited in September 2013'.'"

Surely the commercial rent for a brand new stadium would be more than Belle Vue? If you move from a one bed flat to a four bedroom detached house you'd expect to pay more rent?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5292
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

This council has held total control over the City for 0ver 40 years. No one has ever dared to question their motives or intention as they have always hidden behind the Labour Party flag.

We are all aware of the stench of Newmarket because it affects us all. However this may only be the tip of the iceberg, what has gone on in all those years with other developers that we no nothing about ??

In my opinion legal action is needed. I also believe that strong representation should be made to the government to put this inept council under special measures. They did the same with Rotherham and Doncaster and in my eyes this lot are no better. I would also like auditors and forensic accountants employed to examine all their past records as I have lost all trust in their honesty and credibility.

283 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
283 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

14.693359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
16m
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
16m