FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Statement from Wakefield & District Community Trust
336 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

Quote: trintalk "Nobody as mentioned where this stadium is going to be built,if its not Newmarket then it will have to go t o planning again.Box did say on the radio that leisure facilities were planned on City fields,but as the old saying goes if it sounds to good be true it probably isnt.'"

Yes indeed there are leisure facilities proposed aspart of the development. Would be ironic if they proposed to build stadium on the site of the former power station as this is where Ted wanted to build it many years ago but he was persuaded by DEnise Jeffery and the Cas council to go for the Thornes Park site and the council would help us build there. Many years on no stadium and a load of empty council promises. #ledupthegardenpath

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

BOJ042,
It's a good job you live on the other side of the planet buddy.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: feline "Yes indeed there are leisure facilities proposed aspart of the development. Would be ironic if they proposed to build stadium on the site of the former power station as this is where Ted wanted to build it many years ago but he was persuaded by DEnise Jeffery and the Cas council to go for the Thornes Park site and the council would help us build there. Many years on no stadium and a load of empty council promises. #ledupthegardenpath'"

The old power station site would be my preference by a mile! The new road has opened up countryside I never knew existed in Wakefield. Before anyone says 'Let's leave it that way' I think the council have just approved plans for a massive building program in the area so a stadium nearer to the old power station site wouldn't go amiss!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13602
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: BOJ042 "its a mess!! and all that is going to happen is their is no stadium built and no Wakefield in super league.

Can I suggest this - and I will be prepared to get smacked down.

The Trust in its current form have had long enough to deliver on a stadium and for reasons we are told not of their doing have failed.

Maybe it is time to start again? SRW seems as sure as I have heard this will work?'"

... and the guy who had long enough to deliver with the old trust is?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To me this is all about money and I am not talking about revenue from running any new stadium. Following receipt of planning permission YC have always pleaded poverty, which is interesting as during the public inquiry hearings they had a hissy fit when the anti Newmarket team suggested that YC did not have the proverbial pot. YC went to great lengths to convince the Public Inquiry that they were financially strong and liquid. RW and Box allowed YC to build Newcold outsite the 106 agreement ie not counting towards the trigger point because they accepted YC argument that they were skint and needed Newcold to go ahead. For Some reason RW and Box kept this to themselves. YC have no intention of building a stadium at Newmarket, they know that RW and Box allowed them to ignore the 106 and they know that Box isn't bothered about a stadium. What YC want is the planning permission to build houses on the land at Newmarket that was designated for the stadium. We are talking about a massive net gain as they will not incur the build costs of the stadium but will rake in millions from house building. YC are still saying they are skint and that only when they have built and sold those houses will they have any money to put towards a stadium. This was why YC and RW were always pushing for a rebuild of BV, but YC wanted the cherry and the bun, give us planning for houses, we build them and only then will we give you any money, so never basically never. Now RW would have agreed to this and I presume told YC that he could get that deal agreed. RW when running the old Trust basically did as he wanted without having to answer to anyone, what Walker had not planned for was TRB, SC, IA, MC & CB getting on the trust and actually asking him what the hell was he doing. This I believe would be the reason he bloused out of the meeting and resigned from the Trust. So where is any money coming from to build a stadium, the moment we agree that the new stadium can be built away from Newmarket then IMO we are lost, the money has to come from YC as if they get what they want we are talking years and they will simply not pay up. We are talking about a company that has changed its name, closed various associate companies, taken directors of the board etc etc, during the previous years, they will have done this to protect themselves for any legal action that may occur in other words the party that is named in the 106 does not exist anymore.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain189
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BOJ042 "its a mess!! and all that is going to happen is their is no stadium built and no Wakefield in super league.

Can I suggest this - and I will be prepared to get smacked down.

The Trust in its current form have had long enough to deliver on a stadium and for reasons we are told not of their doing have failed.

Maybe it is time to start again? SRW seems as sure as I have heard this will work?'"

Interesting view ... when did you speak to Sir Rodney about this??

And how did he explain his role in the Seven years of his previous involvement? The trust has only gained traction and started to shake things up since SRW was sidelined... odd that isn't it?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7400
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: Jackie brown "BOJ042,
It's a good job you live on another planet buddy.'"

Edit for accuracy JB.

RankPostsTeam
International Star463No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67575_1666348651.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67575.jpg

£87 million to be won on the Euromillions this friday icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JINJER "And my gut feeling, F 'em, sit back and wait, then if it all goes tits up lets get the fans involved, if we can't get off our ass for something as important as this then be it on our own heads.'"

Oh I'm all for action if it is the sensible and right action, timed correctly. There are people on here including it seems MC himself, involved in the Trust(s); are you one of them? I will be guided by what they advise as they know all this the best. But if they recommend action, I'm in

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain849No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: LyndsayGill "I'd love to ask Rodney Walker why he feels he can deliver a new stadium when he has been unable to do so for the last seven years. It can't just be the presence of Michael and Chris on the Trust as they have not been around for all of those seven years.

And I'd love Yorkcourt to explain why after a 'friendly and positive meeting' which included Chris, they decide on the 16th of June they cannot work with Chris (and Michael). Perhaps they ask too many difficult questions ?'"

Seven years?! More like 27. I remember in the early'90's when Mr. Walker was chairman of the club itself promising this that and the other. I remember getting excited seeing artists impressions of the shiny new stadium, which along with the signings of Jonathon Davies, Laurie Daley et al were going to see the rise of the once mighty Trinity once more as a major player in the world of RL. I'm pretty sure back then he was a millionaire, of course it's not all about finances, probably that's never been the main problem, but why anyone thought with Mr. Walker being involved that would actually lead to the thing being built i'll never know!! His track record in other ventures may have been successful, although I venture to suggest more on a personal level than anything else. He's dipped his toes in a few things sport wise, snooker I seem to recall, with limited success and impact. When he was chairman of Wakefield Trinity, he generally failed to deliver.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bellycouldtackle "To me this is all about money and I am not talking about revenue from running any new stadium. Following receipt of planning permission YC have always pleaded poverty, which is interesting as during the public inquiry hearings they had a hissy fit when the anti Newmarket team suggested that YC did not have the proverbial pot. YC went to great lengths to convince the Public Inquiry that they were financially strong and liquid. RW and Box allowed YC to build Newcold outsite the 106 agreement ie not counting towards the trigger point because they accepted YC argument that they were skint and needed Newcold to go ahead. For Some reason RW and Box kept this to themselves. YC have no intention of building a stadium at Newmarket, they know that RW and Box allowed them to ignore the 106 and they know that Box isn't bothered about a stadium. What YC want is the planning permission to build houses on the land at Newmarket that was designated for the stadium. We are talking about a massive net gain as they will not incur the build costs of the stadium but will rake in millions from house building. YC are still saying they are skint and that only when they have built and sold those houses will they have any money to put towards a stadium. This was why YC and RW were always pushing for a rebuild of BV, but YC wanted the cherry and the bun, give us planning for houses, we build them and only then will we give you any money, so never basically never. Now RW would have agreed to this and I presume told YC that he could get that deal agreed. RW when running the old Trust basically did as he wanted without having to answer to anyone, what Walker had not planned for was TRB, SC, IA, MC & CB getting on the trust and actually asking him what the hell was he doing. This I believe would be the reason he bloused out of the meeting and resigned from the Trust. So where is any money coming from to build a stadium, the moment we agree that the new stadium can be built away from Newmarket then IMO we are lost, the money has to come from YC as if they get what they want we are talking years and they will simply not pay up. We are talking about a company that has changed its name, closed various associate companies, taken directors of the board etc etc, during the previous years, they will have done this to protect themselves for any legal action that may occur in other words the party that is named in the 106 does not exist anymore.'"

Excellent, probably true and very depressing post.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6292
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

But in all the years of the Trust, he's never bolted. There has to be a reason for that, and my impression is that he knows now it's going to happen. He could have just walked from the Trust and not looked back. The issue is whether the price for the new stadium is something we're prepared to pay, in terms of actual cost, the loss arising from it being done through a new Trust, and the morality of it.

Sometimes you've just got to suck it up. It stinks, but if it gets us a stadium and a level of involvement that is better financially than what we have, we've little choice, even if it is less than what it should have been.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2205No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26041.jpg
We are TRINITY's barmy army. SWFC the owls are coming for you:26041.jpg

This is all about not wanting Wakefield Trinity ie MICK & CHRIS earning too much profit/money from running the club in a new Community Stadium. In there ideal world Yorkcourt & SRW would prefer for Mick & Chris to walk away completely from the club and this would benefit them the most.

Yes it is a big Euromillions this week so every Trin fan should buy a ticket. Because you never know,if I won there would be a lovely big new Stadium for WT & Mick & Chris to run plus money they have lost.

Up The Trin

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7400
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: charlie63wildcat "Oh I'm all for action if it is the sensible and right action, timed correctly. There are people on here including it seems MC himself, involved in the Trust(s); are you one of them? I will be guided by what they advise as they know all this the best. But if they recommend action, I'm in'"

No Charlie i'm not involved, had my stint with SWAG but the people involved with the trust deserve a medal.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

As I've been saying all week - this will be about enabling YC to recoup some of their investment by changing the terms of the anchor tenancy; MC is bound to be oppositional to that, and SRW is likely to be in favour, if it gets the thing done and enhances his reputation - so they collude to remove MC from the negotiations, impose a deal that achieves what they want, and if MC won't play ball, they can throw their hands in the air and say they offered a facility and he wouldn't accept it.

It's a stitch-up, whichever way you look at it.

336 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
336 posts in 23 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.38525390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DarksideDave
5m
Fan Village
[Gareth]
9m
Squad 2024
Hudd-Shay
36m
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
40m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 16
kaybenbull
40m
Shopping list for 2025
Jake the Peg
Recent
Lee Briers
Bobby Digita
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
New halfback signing
Wigan Bull
48s
WHO IS NEXT
KaeruJim
53s
IMG scores
phe13
57s
Rumours thread
PopTart
1m
Murphy on his way then
PopTart
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Lee Briers
Bobby Digita
1m
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
1m
Tom Johnstone
FOREVERTRIN
1m
Fan Village
[Gareth]
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
Victor
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Start@1873
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Best Wigan Tour Team
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
Josh Bowden
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Squad for Giants
ninearches
TODAY
Leigh h
Zig
TODAY
Meadows
Torbreck
TODAY
July games
financialtim
TODAY
Salford - Away
RockNRolla
TODAY
Dons v Toulouse - Saturday 10 August 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Toulouse A
Bull Mania
TODAY
IMG scores
phe13
TODAY
Nathan Mason
MicktheGled
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Home
WalterWizard
TODAY
Half Time Report
Trojan Horse
TODAY
Dewsbury v Dons Sunday 7/7/24 3pm
Kick and cha
TODAY
Our next 2 meetings
H.G.S.A
TODAY
Lee Briers
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Register Thirteenth Win Of The Season With Victory Over Barrow
RLFANS News
TODAY
Academy Origin
B0NES
TODAY
Catalan Away
B0NES
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..