Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Big lads mate "
Can't possibly think of any excuse or reason to stop watching Trin,apart from dropping dead obviously.
There you go you see - if that's not apathy I don't know what is!

RankPostsTeam
International Star5615
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: sandaltrinityfan "There you go you see - if that's not apathy I don't know what is!'"

One day it could happen you know icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach432
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "Not sure about the student thing and I would love to see the facts of its loss finacially. The reductions for people just because they are over 60 is crazy OAPs are now over 65 I think. Why should anyone in full time employment be given discount?'"

It is 65 not 60 for a concession It changed this season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach432
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

Quote: vastman "No the team Wakefield Trinity Wildcats have showed most of the season they don't deserve support.

It took McNally and Kear years to take us up to a (real not Glover) average of about 5,000 fans - it's taken this set of clowns a season maybe 2 to lose them. I think Smith appearance has given fresh hope but you won't turn this nightmare of this season - and be honest it's been atrocious - in 5 games. You offer people that level of crap it's almost impossible to get them back, even a winning streak won't work. We have pretty much done what we didi in the mid 1980's and lost a generation of fans.'"

Are calling the people who saved the club clowns or the players?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51581_1309939310.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51581.jpg

Quote: Big lads mate "If this is true,then it must have been under James Websters era.So now we've got Brian Smith,some new signings and being a lot more competitive in games,why don't they give it another chance.The stadium thing I can't argue with,but I go to watch the game,close up,not the decor.Can't possibly think of any excuse or reason to stop watching Trin,apart from dropping dead obviously.
I have probably been watching the team longer than you but when I stop going (if I ever do) that will be it, no going back.
I spoke to these people many times and they were just so deflated and demoralised they had had enough, maybe they will return.
However don't kid yourself, Locke apart. Anyone who knows anything about RL is not going to let the likes of Howarth, Arundel or Tansey tempt them back.

These were 5 good solid long time supporters who had just had enough, you can't build crowds when you are loosing supporters as fast as you attract and establish new ones.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Quote: sandaltrinityfan "As for Wigan, Saints etc I maintain that if they went through a season like ours has been they would still be getting better crowds because their spectators are not as fickle as ours.'"

The difference for the likes of Wigan and Saints is that a bad season is a blip and they know it. Our fans have been ground down through stadium let-downs and financial failures, lurching from one crisis to another. There comes a point when people have had enough. We have to remember that this is about watching rugby league and this year even that fell to new levels.

A good middle-8's with a new coach and things might turn a bit of a corner, but people need something to attach some hope to, which is what they did when Glover was here. It's just that no one knew it was fluff.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5615
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jack in the box "I have probably been watching the team longer than you but when I stop going (if I ever do) that will be it, no going back.
I spoke to these people many times and they were just so deflated and demoralised they had had enough, maybe they will return.
However don't kid yourself, Locke apart. Anyone who knows anything about RL is not going to let the likes of Howarth, Arundel or Tansey tempt them back.

These were 5 good solid long time supporters who had just had enough, you can't build crowds when you are loosing supporters as fast as you attract and establish new ones.'"

All I'm saying is that a new coach may make them have another go and if they have a season ticket already,as you say they have,then it won't cost them owt.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1886No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51581_1309939310.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51581.jpg

Quote: Big lads mate "All I'm saying is that a new coach may make them have another go and if they have a season ticket already,as you say they have,then it won't cost them owt.'"

Maybe they will, who knows. However the point I am trying to make is that when you have a product which you can't even give away for free as in the case of these 5. How the hell do you expect to sell it to the wider public.

RankPostsTeam
International Star974No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Slugger McBatt "The difference for the likes of Wigan and Saints is that a bad season is a blip and they know it. Our fans have been ground down through stadium let-downs and financial failures, lurching from one crisis to another. There comes a point when people have had enough. We have to remember that this is about watching rugby league and this year even that fell to new levels.'"

All that is true, of course, perhaps I expect too much but my main concern is that even Michael Carter, who has worked wanders, is going to struggle to make ends meet on meagre, embarrassing gates of 3K

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2945
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As I've alluded to before on this forum, there is a general in-built apathy towards spectator sport in this city. Just ask the former supporters of Wakefield RU, Wakefield AFC & Wakefield Cricket Club. That apathy spreads elsewhere in the city, which explains the exceptional high rate of empty commercial and retail premises and the remains of what was once a market and town centre to be proud of.

RankPostsTeam
International Star454No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I am doing my bit this weekend. Gotta a hospitality box for me and extended family. 10 extra attendees.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5615
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: 60sCat "Well I am doing my bit this weekend. Gotta a hospitality box for me and extended family. 10 extra attendees.'"

Well done that man eusa_clap.gif icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13741
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Even when this club do relatively well (2004 and the Catalans play off in 2009) the numbers still don't come. The bottom line is price. It was a backward decision to remove the student and young persons season ticket but am I right in thinking these were being abused by would be adult payers?

When it's cheap people will bother when they have to pay a fair price they would rather go to Asda or B&Q on a Sunday.

One thing which doesn't help is the complete lack of exposure the club has in the city. If you didn't already know you would even realise Wakefield Trinity existed.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Redscat "As I've alluded to before on this forum, there is a general in-built apathy towards spectator sport in this city. Just ask the former supporters of Wakefield RU, Wakefield AFC & Wakefield Cricket Club. That apathy spreads elsewhere in the city, which explains the exceptional high rate of empty commercial and retail premises and the remains of what was once a market and town centre to be proud of.'"

There may be apathy towards Wakefield Trinity at the moment and yes, there are a number of extinct sporting organisations in the city BUT, there is no link between this and the number of empty commercial premises in the city.
Ironically (with Wakefields current difficulty in securing a new home), this is due to mickey poor town planning.
Half the world is buying their stuff on the internet but, town planners keep on trying to open new shopping centres to encourage shopper's and then wonder why the city centres are like ghost towns and Wakefield is a "good" example of this.
The warehousing and manufacture of goods for sale is a whole different issue although Wakefields geographical location together with its proximity to the motorway and rail network, make it an ideal location for distribution across the north of the country and those people responsible, have a much easier "sell" than many other areas.

Back on the sporting front, times have changed dramatically and with the exception of Premiership football and top end Rugby Union, plus major events, most people are happy to stay at home or watch in the pub.

RL has to work damn hard for its spectators and Wakefield haven't done enough to look after the new fans found during the Glover era, although, 2 years of dire performances on the field of play certainly haven't helped.

I wouldn't suggest going back to the £80 season ticket but IF we want 6000+ plus spectators at home matches there needs to be a re think on "selling" the club to the public.

People wont come just because we are here.

RankPostsTeam
International Star974No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Even when this club do relatively well (2004 and the Catalans play off in 2009) the numbers still don't come. The bottom line is price. It was a backward decision to remove the student and young persons season ticket but am I right in thinking these were being abused by would be adult payers?

When it's cheap people will bother when they have to pay a fair price they would rather go to Asda or B&Q on a Sunday.

One thing which doesn't help is the complete lack of exposure the club has in the city. If you didn't already know you would even realise Wakefield Trinity existed.'"

Yeah, ironically the name Wakefield Trinity is probably known more and is more famous outside the city than in it!

112 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
112 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.59765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
9m
Decision on the field
Trainman
17m