OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: PopTart "But that isn't Gary Barlow's fault.'"

Don't be ridiculous of course it's his fault he employed someone to try and break the law - he failed.

By what appears to be your logic if I break into your house and murder you it's your fault because you didn't fit good enough locks - think about it eusa_naughty.gif eusa_naughty.gif eusa_naughty.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star2489
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bren2k "As I understand it, any winnings will go to the SP foundation, which is fine.

I'm not big on jerking off over the wealthy making large charitable donations; it's all relative anyway and as the Gary Barlow case demonstrated, all is often not as it seems - lotta good work for charity, friend of the royals, received an honour - all whilst robbing HMRC.

Statistics show that the less well off give a higher % of their income to charity than the well off - we just do it in a quiet, dignified way, and not as a PR exercise.'"

Your right bren, he would have bought the horse anyway, he's just bought a bit of goodwill by calling it Steve Prescott.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5054
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: newgroundb4wakey "Your right bren, he would have bought the horse anyway, he's just bought a bit of goodwill by calling it Steve Prescott.'"

but the winnings wouldn't have gone to the SP Foundation

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: vastman "Don't be ridiculous of course it's his fault he employed someone to try and break the law - he failed.

By what appears to be your logic if I break into your house and murder you it's your fault because you didn't fit good enough locks - think about it
It wasn't breaking the law (as I understand it) they have changed the law as this was a way around it.

Just the same as if you put "use of home as office" at 25% when you actually don't ever work in the house or when you or getting set the wrong PAYE code and not telling the tax office.......or at the other end of the scale (which will make me unpopular I'm sure) Starbucks.
If the rule is set and then someone follows the rule but makes it work for them, that isn't breaking the law. That is the government department not being good enough.

I'm all for highlighting it and even making them pay under the new rules but I think the gov are a bit tight effectively saying we weren't as good as your accountants and missed something but that's your fault for getting away with it.

To say that Barlow isn't as good as he makes out because even though he does tonnes more charity work than anyone else he dodged some tax is not right in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: PopTart "It wasn't breaking the law (as I understand it) they have changed the law as this was a way around it.

Just the same as if you put "use of home as office" at 25% when you actually don't ever work in the house or when you or getting set the wrong PAYE code and not telling the tax office.......or at the other end of the scale (which will make me unpopular I'm sure) Starbucks.
If the rule is set and then someone follows the rule but makes it work for them, that isn't breaking the law. That is the government department not being good enough.

I'm all for highlighting it and even making them pay under the new rules but I think the gov are a bit tight effectively saying we weren't as good as your accountants and missed something but that's your fault for getting away with it.

To say that Barlow isn't as good as he makes out because even though he does tonnes more charity work than anyone else he dodged some tax is not right in my opinion.'"

I'm with PopTart on this one. What he did was not breaking the law.

Ask yourself this - if there was a LEGAL way for you to pay less tax would you take it? I certainly would.
Anyone who says no is quite frankly, in my opinion, a liar.

The government have now closed the loophole but to say he broke the law is in fact wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36090
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Fordy "I'm with PopTart on this one. What he did was not breaking the law.

Ask yourself this - if there was a LEGAL way for you to pay less tax would you take it? I certainly would.
Anyone who says no is quite frankly, in my opinion, a liar.

The government have now closed the loophole but to say he broke the law is in fact wrong.'"

I certainly would not, it's theft and it's theft from yourself and the vulnerable. To me it's one of the most disgusting act a person can carry out and I would personally Jail the scumbag Barlow.

Tax pays for everything, if you don't like how it's spent then that's fine vote in a party that will cut government expenditure. Some will cut to the point where children starve to death, the elderly get no care and rich folk drive past in their limos, if that's what you want.

By the way he broke the spirit of the law and you know it.

Please tell me why the scumbag Barlow needs that kind of money or in fact why anybody does - why did he feel the need to pay less than most ordinary people whilst having far far more, the man is an utter low life - unless your claiming he is so stupid he didn't know what he was doing.

Bit over dramatic I know but the point stands icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Of course I know why we pay taxes, and as I'm all PAYE I have no way out, but pretty much everything else you say on that post I disagree with.

You can't judge someone differently because they have too much money. He earned it fair and square same as we did.
From that point on there are tax rules that apply in different ways.

If you have kids you are allowed to pay nursery fees without paying tax. Is that unfair compared to those without kids, or older kids who have to pay tax on thiose earnings?
Pension the same.
Higher rate of salary tax the same.

You are told the rules by HMCE and you should follow them. If you have an advantage over someone else you either do the something else yourself, live with it, or vote someone in to power who likes different rules.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

Tax avoidance and tax management, one is legal one isnt and its a fine dividing line.
Most self employed people reduce their liabilities as best they can either themselves or through professional assistance.
As with everything else in life there is a shiz load of grey in between the black and white.
Either put everyone on PAYE and increase income tax etc or take everyone off and put cigs, beer, fuel etc up 20%.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach829No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38576_1362166976.gif
What's confusing you is the nature of my game:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38576.gif

Quote: PopTart "Of course I know why we pay taxes, and as I'm all PAYE I have no way out, but pretty much everything else you say on that post I disagree with.

You can't judge someone differently because they have too much money. He earned it fair and square same as we did.
From that point on there are tax rules that apply in different ways.

If you have kids you are allowed to pay nursery fees without paying tax. Is that unfair compared to those without kids, or older kids who have to pay tax on thiose earnings?
Pension the same.
Higher rate of salary tax the same.

You are told the rules by HMCE and you should follow them. If you have an advantage over someone else you either do the something else yourself, live with it, or vote someone in to power who likes different rules.'"

I agree with this, dont blame the player blame the game etc.

There is a lot of wealth envy in this country which clouds peoples judgement on these issues. You should only pay as much tax as you are legally required to do. The legal bit needs sorting out and the government should create a simpler system eg a flat rate tax on everything but they wont because the rule setters are part of the people who benefit from a complicated system which can be worked around if you have the money/knowledge ie not the masses.

For proof check Vodafone and Starbucks out. Vodafone have cosy dinners with HMRC top boss to come up with a solution that fits and Starbucks picked a number out of the air and volunteered to pay that as tax instead of the previous big fat 0 they were paying both of which the government accept because it is legal.

My advice is we should learn to play the game as the rules are not changing.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

Quote: vastman "I certainly would not, it's theft and it's theft from yourself and the vulnerable. To me it's one of the most disgusting act a person can carry out and I would personally Jail the scumbag Barlow.

Tax pays for everything, if you don't like how it's spent then that's fine vote in a party that will cut government expenditure. Some will cut to the point where children starve to death, the elderly get no care and rich folk drive past in their limos, if that's what you want.

By the way he broke the spirit of the law and you know it.

Please tell me why the scumbag Barlow needs that kind of money or in fact why anybody does - why did he feel the need to pay less than most ordinary people whilst having far far more, the man is an utter low life - unless your claiming he is so stupid he didn't know what he was doing.

Bit over dramatic I know but the point stands

Then you are probably the exception to the rule I'm afraid. I reckon 95% of people would pay less tax if they could do so LEGALLY.

I won't disagree that he broke the spirit of the law but as Kinley says there are lots of people who use whatever means are at their disposal to reduce their tax liability as much as possible - Would you jail all them too??

Plus, I suspect that Gary Barlow has in his time paid more tax than you, me and every other Wakey fan combined so the amount of money he has is actually doing some good, whatever you think of him.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20852
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Apologies to Yosamite as we have steered away from his original point.

I'm glad the funds from the horse goes back to the charity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1196
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".:

Quote: vastman "Some will cut to the point where children starve to death, the elderly get no care and rich folk drive past in their limos, if that's what you want.'"

Yes and hopefully they won't get voted back in again at the next general election.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1841
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47943_1488655163.jpg
http://flightsandfrustration.com/ It is "Fifita" not "Fafita" If you don't know the difference between "there", "their" and "they're" I might get annoyed. Sharing First World problems so you can get it right first time. Millionaires wanted. Apply here --- Wakefield Trinity:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47943.jpg

I pay money into an ISA, this is reduce the tax I have to pay on any investment income I earn. Is this against the spirit of the law? I think not.

The only people to blame for this situation are the people who write the tax laws. If they don't like what people are doing then change the law.

I have no problem with people playing to the rules. If people break the rules and break the law then come down on them heavy.

Don't punish peoples' success.

In the US they admire people who are successful and earn wealth through legitimate means. For some reason the mindset is the opposite in the UK. People are too keen to shoot down those who have made a success of their lives and question their methods. Is this just envy because the people who haven't had this access to wealth begrudge those who have?

I pay my taxes and have no problem in that. I believe everyone should pay tax. However if there is a legitimate tax scheme to reduce my tax bill I will consider it for the benefits.

Would you take a lower earning job for the exact same role and same conditions?

I find the arguments against people and organisations who use legitimate means to reduce their tax bill as ignorant and defunct.

RankPostsTeam
International Star587No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PopTart "Apologies to Yosamite as we have steered away from his original point.

I'm glad the funds from the horse goes back to the charity.'"

No problem. I have enjoyed the banter

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Far too many people in this country with a cap-doffing attitude to the wealthy and powerful; that's how the status quo has been maintained for so long and probably always will be - when a berk like Gary Barlow is canonised because he does charity work, I despair.

34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.134765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
apollosghost
5m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
mattsrhinos1
5m