Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: charlie63wildcat "Plus side.. Tautai an amazing find. Down side..will be at a top side in 2 mins if that off the plane performance is anything to go by. Trout...another too small player. When will we learn that in SL size matters???'"

You have based that on about 20 minutes of rugby icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach47No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

"Durham Giant" looks like he will be a real find. If he can play blike that after 3 days in the country what will he be like later. Look forward to seeing him again.''

One of Millward's better decisions. Losing him was the price we paid to get a change of coach unfortunately.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: The Dreadnought "If you dont mind me asking who were the other two and the worst performers because after yesterdays defeat i got slaughtered
Kirmond and Anakin appeared to be putting it in; that's the best I can do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: Adam_Harrison9 "It's a pretty simple situation. If the homegrown players can't cut it - which they can't - then I'd rather we get imports in that can. Nationality doesn't matter one iota to me. It is the responsibility of homegrown players first and foremost to show they can cut the mustard. It's no surprise that nearly all our imports are the better players in our team

That's fair enough, you pays your money you takes your choice - if you are happy then your opinion is valid, but I think it is far, far too simplistic. Personally the game as a whole is as at least equally important to me as Trinity is, I appreciate that I maybe in a minority in this respect but thats my opinion. I love the game, absolutely love it, and want enough cash in the game to enable these amazing athletes (yesterday excluded of course) to be better rewarded for what they put themselves through for our entertainment. I want enough money to be in the game to ensure the best athletes in schools from all over the country want to be RL players because it can , this can only come on the back of a thriving International Game and this in turn can only come on the back of an increased pool of domestic playing talent and I mean increased in terms of numbers and quality. I believe that every pro club has a role to play in the development of the game and they have a responsibility to add value to the league and the sport in general.

Importing (another) player from down under because they are better than we have at this moment in time is like using a sticking plaster over a gushing wound that is hemmorhaging blood at an alarming rate. The fundamental question of "why" we can't produce players when most other clubs can, particularly when one club that is almost a carbon copy of ours only a couple of miles away seems to be able to do.

We had a champion junior side not many years ago, what has happened to this crop of players? What is wrong with the systems we have in place as a club to produce players that means that we cannot convert good juniors into effective SL class players?

The other argument is that we are always going to be poor relations to the big city slickers who can pay the wages and offer glory - and more often than not when we do unnearth a gem then they will be ripe for the picking. This is likely to be true at least until the stadium gets sorted, whenever this may be. So the only thing we can do to avoid a slow painful death is to develop a constant stream of players to replace the ones that go for whatever reason.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp019.gif
We put this festival on you ba****ds With whole lotta love We worked for one year for you pigs And you wanna break our walls down And you wanna destroy Well you go to hell:simpsons/simp019.gif

Quote: BelleVueLifer "Not a bad assessment. The way i see it is that we have 3 groups of players in our squad; The overseas imports, British players signed from other clubs and our own home grown talent. Now, rank those three groups in order of best to worst according to the number of players making the best contributions, regardless of team form, and I think people would have to concede that the rankings would be as follows

Fair enough assessment - cannot argue with the "ranks" at all.

The $64,000 question is why can we not produce players?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tommy Duckfingers "Fair enough assessment - cannot argue with the "ranks" at all.

The $64,000 question is why can we not produce players?'"

I imagine it's all down to a lack of finance. Something I'm hoping will all change when Newmarket is built. In essence, Rugby League has a few growing similarities to football in the sense that, we are starting to see the same teams compete for the top 5 or 6 year in year out. They are the teams who have good financial backers, nice stadiums and are traditional rugby towns/cities. Salford will probably break into that mould when they spend some cash and the only way I fear the teams at the bottom will catch up is when they too get money to spend. The danger is clubs spending money to keep the pace that they cannot afford. To live within our means it's fairly obvious we're not going to be competing at the level of the top 6 for a long time yet.

PHe
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2946No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Adam_Harrison9 "I imagine it's all down to a lack of finance. Something I'm hoping will all change when Newmarket is built. In essence, Rugby League has a few growing similarities to football in the sense that, we are starting to see the same teams compete for the top 5 or 6 year in year out. They are the teams who have good financial backers, nice stadiums and are traditional rugby towns/cities. Salford will probably break into that mould when they spend some cash and the only way I fear the teams at the bottom will catch up is when they too get money to spend. The danger is clubs spending money to keep the pace that they cannot afford. To live within our means it's fairly obvious we're not going to be competing at the level of the top 6 for a long time yet.'"

And where do Castleford fit into your 'financial model'?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PHe "And where do Castleford fit into your 'financial model'?'"

Look at the league table.

23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.09228515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
8m
Film game
Boss Hog
22m