Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66378_1329042059.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66378.jpeg

wow what the hell are our standards like.
Agar to take us to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(of the bottom third)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2217
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19733_1343563234.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19733.jpg

Quote: RebelRebel "I thought we'd already done this one a few weeks ago? Don't take it from me, though - take it from people who know better

How can a coach like Agar and his consistently underperforming record be our best choice? Are you forgetting the option of keeping Kear on? He certainly had us playing with a lot more pride and hunger with a team that cost a lot less. Don't get me wrong I was in favour of Kear moving on, I thought the time was right for a change. Not for one second did I expect us to give the job (and 3 years as well) to a coach with such an ordinary track record.

I've been watching us for 30 years and it's been more lows than highs but this season has to go down as one of the most disappointing of them all. I think the decision to appoint Agar will be one of the biggest errors in the clubs modern history. We'll feel the knock on effect for a few years to come!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: deeHell "How can a coach like Agar and his consistently underperforming record be our best choice? Are you forgetting the option of keeping Kear on? '"

I'm not forgetting anything. We ditched Kear and then advertised the job. We didn't have anyone waiting in the wings. Like I said, argue the length of contract all you like, but the fact that Wakefield can't attract a better coach than Agar isn't Agar's fault, if you see what I mean.

RankPostsTeam
International Star160No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Micka "Dear Mr Glover
Here we are after another 30+ mauling
I know your roots are not in Rugby League but as a business man you have proved to us all that you know what is needed to be a sucess off the field
However you must surely now see that our product is just not performing as well as it should
We're our product say conservatories I'm sure you would make the necessary changes
Richard Agar is NOT up to the task
He is in the top coaching position due to James Elston's sponsorship
Nepotism still reigns at our club
Please make the changes before the fans turn away and we loose the feel good factor that has been in place since you took over.'"

Go on then exactly how good should we be .. top 4,top 8 or taking all things in to consideration roughly round about where we are now based on the idea that this may be a 3 year project ? I know it must be devastating to go to Saints and lose by two or three tries..honestly,for God's sake get a grip of reality,stop being such a pessimist, and for what it's worth I know at least 5 people who don't go to games anymore simply because of the moaning,A few years ago I watched a Trinity side home and away who never even tried,but I dont see that in this squad.Things ain't brilliant but it's work in progress and people like yourself havin a go at all and sundry don't help anything.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think if Agar is that bad then we would have to look at the person who took him on. Elston gave him the contract and should be equally accountable as a lot of people were scepticle about his appointment when he announced hims and backed him to the hilt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5762
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: deeHell "How can a coach like Agar and his consistently underperforming record be our best choice? Are you forgetting the option of keeping Kear on? He certainly had us playing with a lot more pride and hunger with a team that cost a lot less. Don't get me wrong I was in favour of Kear moving on, I thought the time was right for a change. Not for one second did I expect us to give the job (and 3 years as well) to a coach with such an ordinary track record.

I've been watching us for 30 years and it's been more lows than highs but this season has to go down as one of the most disappointing of them all. I think the decision to appoint Agar will be one of the biggest errors in the clubs modern history. We'll feel the knock on effect for a few years to come!'"

Your opinion obviously but man talk about an unreal amount of hyperbole in that last paragraph, what exactly where you expecting out of this year, especially when you look at our squad and compare it against the teams around us like Cas, Salford, Hull KR & London it's no better and those team have been together for longer, then compare it against the top 6, a lot weaker. Add to that the seasons coming up to half way through and there's plenty to happen yet but your writing it off as the most disappointing in 30 years, wtf.

I think a quite a few of our fans have set themselves up for disappointment, with completely unrealistic aspirations imo, you could see it happening when we had that predictions thread and most had us down for 8th and above.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5123
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60524_1510403940.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60524.jpg

Quote: Shifty Cat "I'd suggest that Saints can afford it and they had someone to fill the beach till next season. Like I said above, who is this coach that's going to come in and turn this average squad of players into something else.'"

John Kear ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I did not think it was a good thing giving Agar a 3 year contract and a bad choice.But knowing who he was working under at Hull thought we should give him a chance.For heavens sake I dont think he has what it takes if Im honest but we are only roughly half way through the season lets at least give him a season to show what he can do.I am affraid he will be at the club long term now who said Kear would have had this lot up near the top.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RebelRebel "I thought we'd already done this one a few weeks ago? Don't take it from me, though - take it from people who know betterAgar was the best candidate available to us for the job. Argue as much as you like about the 3 year contract, but the rest seems pretty much undisputed, from what I've read.'"

Sorry -- but says who?
Glover/Elston?

RankPostsTeam
International Star808No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61486_1316533274.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61486.jpg

Quote: deeHell "How can a coach like Agar and his consistently underperforming record be our best choice? Are you forgetting the option of keeping Kear on? He certainly had us playing with a lot more pride and hunger with a team that cost a lot less. Don't get me wrong I was in favour of Kear moving on, I thought the time was right for a change. Not for one second did I expect us to give the job (and 3 years as well) to a coach with such an ordinary track record.

I've been watching us for 30 years and it's been more lows than highs but this season has to go down as one of the most disappointing of them all. I think the decision to appoint Agar will be one of the biggest errors in the clubs modern history. We'll feel the knock on effect for a few years to come!'"

Last season was the worst by a long way, Can't you remember most of our games being over 30 minutes into the match ? John Kear picking Tommy Lee and Smith for every game while they were creating nothing to put points on the board ? This squad is what it is, it's the squad of a bottom 3rd position. Maybe after a full season of playing together and pivotal positions (s/h and s/o) are filled with more quality (Smith will never be good enough, the jury's out on John ATM) a lot of tweaking needs to be done.
From what I've seen so far this season is the inconsistency of a squad of new players without a real leader that will take the game by the scruff of the neck,, stick Danny Brough in our side and you have a whole different outfit. The importance of a good kicking game and field position is paramount at Super League level, something that we haven't got in Smith.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3874
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66815_1344197625.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66815.jpeg

Quote: charlie63wildcat "I know all this; it's still not good enough. We have some good players. The size of our pack was an obvious problem and Agar exacerbates it with his bench and interchanges. I don't expect top 6 but I do expect a side that doesn't keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Sadly we foolishly gave Agar 3 years when a trial of 1 should have been the offer. We probably can't afford to axe him. Lots more frustration with lost possession, crazy passes,panic Rugby, poor kicks, poor interchanges, poor tactics, poor defence and general hair loss to come.'"

I must admit I was very surprised with the bench which looked lightweight but I'm not a RL coach or R.A. so cannot understand his thought process with that. Thought though Johnson & James were definate bench material for props against Saints and is the Mellars second row experiment really working? I don't think it is. eusa_wall.gif

Aspirations have been too high this season and the squad is not top 8 material IMO. Its a building process and ripping into them everytime they lose does not help WTW. We are a small club that cannot just buy 17 international quality RL players. If we don't finish bottom this season I think that will be an achievement. icon_razz.gifRAY:

RankPostsTeam
International Star808No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61486_1316533274.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61486.jpg

Quote: Tigerade "John Kear ?'"

Ian MillWard ?? Hahaha

RankPostsTeam
International Star974No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Shifty Cat "I'd suggest that Saints can afford it and they had someone to fill the beach till next season. Like I said above, who is this coach that's going to come in and turn this average squad of players into something else.'"

Well you've hit the nail on the head there mate because that's exactly what they are. None of them would get in a top four team, that's why they're at Wakefield.
I think we're at the stage of the season where we can see just what we have and with the exception of two or three players we have not got the quality. Simple as that. No coach in the league can bring out what is not there. Teams like St. Helens, Leeds etc are easy to coach compared to Wakefield.
I didn't want RA as coach, don't agree with his team selections but nobody can put in what isn't there. I feel we can only wait now. There's no quick fix - just more drubbings on the way and hopefully we may sneak another couple of wins before the end of the season!
No being negative just realistic!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17724_1479580425.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17724.jpg

Quote: tamargrace "Clown..we assembled a squad last year in 3 weeks when most available players were already signed up for this season! There is no quick fix..look at cas..salford..london..widnes who are all spending more money than us! Cant stand people like you personally! if it wasnt for andrew glover we wouldnt have a club so crawl under the stone you appeared from please.'"

John Kear had far more to contend with last season and at the end of this season Agar will not have delivered as many wins folk had a go at John but the fact is he should still be our coach

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2761No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons15f0_files/4861-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
"! Wakefield Trinity Wildcats...The team that just wont go away !":icons15f0_files/4861-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: RebelRebel "I thought we'd already done this one a few weeks ago? Don't take it from me, though - take it from people who know better

Who else was available to us in addition to Agar?

Brian Noble certainly has a good CV and I'm sure he wasn't in a coaching role when Agar was drafted in...

Thinking on...so was Paul Cullen.

104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.9345703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
9m
Call for funds
Listenup94
12m