Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47873_1296806483.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47873.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "Totally agree, just focus on support and don't enter the debate... it is hard (I know!) but try to resist. In doing so remember this, we have proved once again that there is overwhelming local support for this development and it is them that are the minority not the majority. They criticised the 15,000 signature petition, so we came back and addressed the issues head-on and collected over 2,700 statements of support in less than 2 months (the majority in the first 3 weeks), while it took them 8 months to get just over a 1000 objections.

We ARE the local majority and the majority want Newmarket!'"

You are not the local MAJORITY. The local majority is the silent majority who just leave it up to the appropriate authorities to deal with the issues at hand. Both you and the nimby's will effectively cancel each other out. At the end of the day it is not a numbers game it is about doing what is right within the laws of the land.

On the subject of your Campaign, well done for having access to an already established group of support (WTWC fans) and the networks that they use, the club website, The community Department, Supporters trusts and volunteers, and Forums and a fan base of anywhere from 3-6 thousand all with access to family members etc. Indeed well done on getting your 2700 signatures. As for the 15,000 petition lets face it was very badly worded and did not deal in detail with the whole development.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: rugbyball "You are not the local MAJORITY. The local majority is the silent majority who just leave it up to the appropriate authorities to deal with the issues at hand. Both you and the nimby's will effectively cancel each other out. At the end of the day it is not a numbers game it is about doing what is right within the laws of the land.'"

Now the thing is RB, I agree with you about it not being a numbers game totally, but this time we decided that to not prove them to be in a minority was unwise. You understand that I am sure? We have done what we set out to achieve, in that we have proved that to be true and we have indeed cancelled them out... by well over 2 to 1! As you state it is indeed about the law but also a local inquiry... we did not form RFN until after the SoS office called the application in, as 'we' trusted in our locally elected officials, one of the appropriate authorities, to deal with the issues. Another of these appropriate authorities, the Government office, called in the application, again as they are at liberty to do. We then formed a local action group, RFN, and clearly signalled it's purpose and intentions... no hidden agenda's or emotive faux group names here, just local people, many Wakefield supporters but many not, supporting our group in it's purpose.

Finally, should I search your posts about this 'not being a numbers game' or will I be wasting my time? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach456No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47873_1296806483.jpg

So like I said the majority are the Silent majority.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg
[b:1swa1vwo]Change is inevitable ...except from a vending machine![/b:1swa1vwo] [quote="BillyRhino":1swa1vwo]So in best IA mode ..<.Possibley World Class, could be the greatest thing since sliced bread....am personally very excited, and confidently expect him to prove my predictions are bang on target.... Alternatively he could be rubbish> IA mode off. :wink:[/quote:1swa1vwo]:33791.jpg

Quote: rugbyball "So like I said the majority are the Silent majority.'"

Question - If we could get an unbiased survey company to knock on all doors within a three mile radius and asked this silent majority whether they support, object or don't care and they had to give answer what do you think the result would be? I think I know the answer and suspect you do too!

You are really getting desperate now mate...

PS. Are you going to the Yorkshire Mafia conference?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7665
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7372_1323373487.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7372.jpg

Sorry but I could'nt resisit answering the post although I've tried to keep it professional!

Mr Cameron,

As previously stated almost 3000 actual residents have submitted a letter of support for this Newmarket development.

Wakefield Metropolitan District Council followed the planning and consultation process to the letter of the law. The developer, York Court Properties, facilitated an open day for local residents to view the plans and speak directly with the architects and members of the development team something they were not obliged to do but did so anyway.

The highways agency had some concerns over the provision and redevelopment of one particular aspect of the road system and this has been addressed by the developer in conjunction with the highways agency. The FACT is that the surrounding road infrastructure will be improved and made much safer as a result of this development; the improvements will be undertaken at the cost of the developer.

The highways agency will impose restrictions on the routes that can be taken by the heavy goods vehicles which will prevent any impact on the small residential roads surrounding the development. Let's not lose sight of the fact that this development is directly off junction 30 of the M62 and it would be nonsensical for any heavy goods vehicle driver to use any other routes other than the motorway.

As a local resident I am unaware where these empty industrial units are within the local Wakefield area, in fact the government has requested that Wakefield find a suitable location for approximately 92 ha of warehousing.

I will reiterate the point made during my previous comments; this development and all the associated improvements will be undertaken and fully funded by the developer, there will be no cost to the taxpayer whatsoever! Therefore I am confused nay bemused by the constant claims that this development will waste taxpayer’s money when it is plain to see that the provision of sports and leisure facilities will in fact save millions of pounds from the public purse.

I will again refer to my previous comments regarding the net gain of green belt land as a result of the developer’s sympathetic, realistic and responsible approach to this whole development.
In closing I would like to point out that the previous poster's assertion that Wakefield Trinity Wildcats are failing club with poor attendances is far from the truth.

Wakefield Trinity is a world-famous club that has produced internationally renowned sportsmen for over 130 years and competes in the Super League, the sport's highest division. The club has one of the best community programs in UK sport which reaches out to areas of the city that other initiatives fail to make an impact upon.

The assertion that should Wakefield Trinity be relegated that the stadium would be a white elephant is so far wide of the mark as to make the commenters knowledge of sport in the Wakefield area irrelevant.

Support for the Community Stadium
Sir Rodney Walker – Chair, Wakefield & District Community Trust
“These exciting proposals will not only provide a stadium of the required quality to ensure that top class rugby league continues to be played within the metropolitan district of Wakefield, it will also open up opportunities for a range of wider sporting facilities which will help put pride back into the city. I am delighted to have been asked to chair the charitable trust which will oversee the development & management of the proposed facilities. From my time spent within a wide range of sporting organisations, I know at first hand how sport can play an important part in helping with the development of young people, contribute to crime reduction & encourage a healthy lifestyle.
This could be the last opportunity for some time to create the facilities the district badly needs & the public merit. These proposals deserve to succeed & possess the necessary qualities to be worthy of strong financial support."

Councillor Peter Box – Leader, Wakefield Council & Joanne Roney – Chief ExecutiveWakefield Council
“Wakefield Council is happy to support this project. The District is proud of its rugby league heritage and this new development will ensure the sustainability of this heritage for years to come. As a Council we are committed to ensuring that people have the quality of opportunity to participate in healthier and active lifestyles. Sport plays a positive role in many people's lives. It is valued in its own right for the friendship, fun, challenge and enjoyment it brings. Sport is often at the heart of the community helping places live and thrive. These types of projects will help us to achieve stronger, more sustainable, and cohesive communities as well as improving health, tackling obesity and transforming people's lives. It will create a hub of sporting excellence which we will welcome into the district.”

Councillor Mark Crowther – Conservative Leader, Wakefield Council
"I am delighted to lend my support to this proposed development. The new stadium has the potential to not only provide an excellent focal point for top quality sport both inside and outside the district, but to also act as a catalyst for the promotion of sport, physical activity and the arising health and social cohesion benefits within all of the communities in our area."

Mary Creagh MP – Member of Parliament for the Wakefield Parliamentary Constituency
"I am happy to support plans for a new Wakefield district stadium. The new stadium will open up a range of sports and leisure activities to everyone in our city. It will also secure the future of our much loved rugby league heritage and provide a new home for other sports clubs from across the district."

Ed Balls, Member of Parliament for Normanton & Shadow Chancellor
“The Wildcats are a keystone of our community in Wakefield. It's important that the team have a top-class venue to callhome, so I'm fully backing plans for a new stadium. As a community stadium, it will also open up sporting opportunities to people across the district - so it's good news for sports teams, families, and young people in our area.”

David Hinchliffe – Wakefield & District Community Trust, former Wakefield MP and former Chair of Commons Health Select Committee
"Having supported Wakefield Trinity RLFC since I was a boy and been involved in sport throughout my life, it is a privilege to be part of the team putting together proposals for exciting new facilities which will be a major asset for Wakefield people and the wider West Yorkshire community. Not only will the new Stadium offer a fine new home for one of this country's most famous sports clubs but the facilities will make a massive contribution to the improved health, fitness and well-being of local people."

Nagi Dinesh – Associate Medical Director, Mid-Yorkshire NHS Trust
“Being physically active and taking regular part in sports activities is an important component of staying healthy and tackling many long term conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure and heart disease. There is a national drive for us to become more active and having a facility such as Newmarket is an exciting project which will give a new hope to those who find it hard to avail themselves due to lack of facilities which promote being active. As a practicing clinician, I feel such a facility will offer us a chance to look at delivering education and support to people who need it the most. This is such an exciting opportunity and we have the responsibility to make sure that it happens.”

Paul Lord – Chairman, Stanley Rangers ARLFC
"Rugby is a fantastic sport and is an intrinsic part of the cultural heritage of Wakefield and District. The proposed community stadium will provide inspiration for current and future generations of players, and provide excellent additional facilities that are geared up to help to improve sport at all levels. We are happy to lend our support to the project."

Kevin Dodd – Wakefield and District Housing
“Wakefield and District Housing fully support these proposals and believe they will provide a lasting legacy for the local area. In addition to boosting sporting facilities they will also attract inward investment.”

May I draw your attention to the following articles and websites?
www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/wak ... _1_3021505
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... _1_2244461
www.superleaguefans.com/wakefiel ... ments.html
www.swag-online.co.uk/
www.wakefieldanddistrictcommunitytrust.co.uk/

Richard
Sorry but I could'nt resisit answering the post although I've tried to keep it professional!

Mr Cameron,

As previously stated almost 3000 actual residents have submitted a letter of support for this Newmarket development.

Wakefield Metropolitan District Council followed the planning and consultation process to the letter of the law. The developer, York Court Properties, facilitated an open day for local residents to view the plans and speak directly with the architects and members of the development team something they were not obliged to do but did so anyway.

The highways agency had some concerns over the provision and redevelopment of one particular aspect of the road system and this has been addressed by the developer in conjunction with the highways agency. The FACT is that the surrounding road infrastructure will be improved and made much safer as a result of this development; the improvements will be undertaken at the cost of the developer.

The highways agency will impose restrictions on the routes that can be taken by the heavy goods vehicles which will prevent any impact on the small residential roads surrounding the development. Let's not lose sight of the fact that this development is directly off junction 30 of the M62 and it would be nonsensical for any heavy goods vehicle driver to use any other routes other than the motorway.

As a local resident I am unaware where these empty industrial units are within the local Wakefield area, in fact the government has requested that Wakefield find a suitable location for approximately 92 ha of warehousing.

I will reiterate the point made during my previous comments; this development and all the associated improvements will be undertaken and fully funded by the developer, there will be no cost to the taxpayer whatsoever! Therefore I am confused nay bemused by the constant claims that this development will waste taxpayer’s money when it is plain to see that the provision of sports and leisure facilities will in fact save millions of pounds from the public purse.

I will again refer to my previous comments regarding the net gain of green belt land as a result of the developer’s sympathetic, realistic and responsible approach to this whole development.
In closing I would like to point out that the previous poster's assertion that Wakefield Trinity Wildcats are failing club with poor attendances is far from the truth.

Wakefield Trinity is a world-famous club that has produced internationally renowned sportsmen for over 130 years and competes in the Super League, the sport's highest division. The club has one of the best community programs in UK sport which reaches out to areas of the city that other initiatives fail to make an impact upon.

The assertion that should Wakefield Trinity be relegated that the stadium would be a white elephant is so far wide of the mark as to make the commenters knowledge of sport in the Wakefield area irrelevant.

Support for the Community Stadium
Sir Rodney Walker – Chair, Wakefield & District Community Trust
“These exciting proposals will not only provide a stadium of the required quality to ensure that top class rugby league continues to be played within the metropolitan district of Wakefield, it will also open up opportunities for a range of wider sporting facilities which will help put pride back into the city. I am delighted to have been asked to chair the charitable trust which will oversee the development & management of the proposed facilities. From my time spent within a wide range of sporting organisations, I know at first hand how sport can play an important part in helping with the development of young people, contribute to crime reduction & encourage a healthy lifestyle.
This could be the last opportunity for some time to create the facilities the district badly needs & the public merit. These proposals deserve to succeed & possess the necessary qualities to be worthy of strong financial support."

Councillor Peter Box – Leader, Wakefield Council & Joanne Roney – Chief ExecutiveWakefield Council
“Wakefield Council is happy to support this project. The District is proud of its rugby league heritage and this new development will ensure the sustainability of this heritage for years to come. As a Council we are committed to ensuring that people have the quality of opportunity to participate in healthier and active lifestyles. Sport plays a positive role in many people's lives. It is valued in its own right for the friendship, fun, challenge and enjoyment it brings. Sport is often at the heart of the community helping places live and thrive. These types of projects will help us to achieve stronger, more sustainable, and cohesive communities as well as improving health, tackling obesity and transforming people's lives. It will create a hub of sporting excellence which we will welcome into the district.”

Councillor Mark Crowther – Conservative Leader, Wakefield Council
"I am delighted to lend my support to this proposed development. The new stadium has the potential to not only provide an excellent focal point for top quality sport both inside and outside the district, but to also act as a catalyst for the promotion of sport, physical activity and the arising health and social cohesion benefits within all of the communities in our area."

Mary Creagh MP – Member of Parliament for the Wakefield Parliamentary Constituency
"I am happy to support plans for a new Wakefield district stadium. The new stadium will open up a range of sports and leisure activities to everyone in our city. It will also secure the future of our much loved rugby league heritage and provide a new home for other sports clubs from across the district."

Ed Balls, Member of Parliament for Normanton & Shadow Chancellor
“The Wildcats are a keystone of our community in Wakefield. It's important that the team have a top-class venue to callhome, so I'm fully backing plans for a new stadium. As a community stadium, it will also open up sporting opportunities to people across the district - so it's good news for sports teams, families, and young people in our area.”

David Hinchliffe – Wakefield & District Community Trust, former Wakefield MP and former Chair of Commons Health Select Committee
"Having supported Wakefield Trinity RLFC since I was a boy and been involved in sport throughout my life, it is a privilege to be part of the team putting together proposals for exciting new facilities which will be a major asset for Wakefield people and the wider West Yorkshire community. Not only will the new Stadium offer a fine new home for one of this country's most famous sports clubs but the facilities will make a massive contribution to the improved health, fitness and well-being of local people."

Nagi Dinesh – Associate Medical Director, Mid-Yorkshire NHS Trust
“Being physically active and taking regular part in sports activities is an important component of staying healthy and tackling many long term conditions such as diabetes, blood pressure and heart disease. There is a national drive for us to become more active and having a facility such as Newmarket is an exciting project which will give a new hope to those who find it hard to avail themselves due to lack of facilities which promote being active. As a practicing clinician, I feel such a facility will offer us a chance to look at delivering education and support to people who need it the most. This is such an exciting opportunity and we have the responsibility to make sure that it happens.”

Paul Lord – Chairman, Stanley Rangers ARLFC
"Rugby is a fantastic sport and is an intrinsic part of the cultural heritage of Wakefield and District. The proposed community stadium will provide inspiration for current and future generations of players, and provide excellent additional facilities that are geared up to help to improve sport at all levels. We are happy to lend our support to the project."

Kevin Dodd – Wakefield and District Housing
“Wakefield and District Housing fully support these proposals and believe they will provide a lasting legacy for the local area. In addition to boosting sporting facilities they will also attract inward investment.”

May I draw your attention to the following articles and websites?
www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/wak ... _1_3021505
www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... _1_2244461
www.superleaguefans.com/wakefiel ... ments.html
www.swag-online.co.uk/
www.wakefieldanddistrictcommunitytrust.co.uk/

Richard

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8962
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10751_1297625775.jpg
Fed up of these rollercoaster rides!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10751.jpg

If only he did read that personally!! Superb detail The clan, very well put! eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1749No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46828_1381397654.png
[b:1ut2mx8s][color=#FF0000:1ut2mx8s]Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.[/color:1ut2mx8s][/b:1ut2mx8s]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46828.png

I don't know if it's relevant - or helpful - but just as a matter of fact the Leeds Council have failed to make friends rlin this instancerl nor on page 33 of this weeks Rugby League Express where it is reported that Leeds Council have asked for £300 for Hunslet Hawks Women to rent a playing field and £80 for a training session.
I don't live in the area.Is it a Labour Council ? I thought The Conservatives were trying to right the wrongs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: TwoBlues "I don't know if it's relevant - or helpful - but just as a matter of fact the Leeds Council have failed to make friends rlin this instancerl nor on page 33 of this weeks Rugby League Express where it is reported that Leeds Council have asked for £300 for Hunslet Hawks Women to rent a playing field and £80 for a training session.
I don't live in the area.Is it a Labour Council ? I thought The Conservatives were trying to right the wrongs.'"

Leeds is a minority labour controlled council with the Green party holding the balance of power... by one vote! I never thought about this before, but this could add to the Newmarket issue a little. Of course the leader of Leeds City Council is Keith Wakefield who is a member for the.... Methley Ward!!!

I also suspect that Labour will take overall control of Leeds in May, when the Lib Dems and Tory's take a kicking in local elections in Leeds and in general, which will mean the Greens will go back to be of no relevance to anyone and Mr Wakefield will be firmly in the driving seat!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13355
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Alive n kicking:

Quote: Tricky2309 "Noticed Scabby Cat and one of I presume the WAR brigade have gone on to add their two penneth (usual crap from them I might add).

Wonder what the WAR viewpoint would be if they were given a straight choice between the development proposed by Yorkcourt or a Travellers site !!!'"

yes he comes over as a little boy whos had his Nintendo DS confiscated by daddy, if thats the best argument against then let the nimbys live

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: The Clan "snip'"

Top post Clan.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: Tricky2309 "Noticed Scabby Cat and one of I presume the WAR brigade have gone on to add their two penneth (usual crap from them I might add).

Wonder what the WAR viewpoint would be if they were given a straight choice between the development proposed by Yorkcourt or a Travellers site !!!'"

Have not seen that name since the last time i looked in my Ban Box icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34236.jpg
[img:1yv09n11]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/newgroundb4cas.gif[/img:1yv09n11] UP THE TRIN !!!!:34236.jpg

Great posts guys. That 1 by the Newmarket resident as my blood boiling stating us as a failing club and a bleak future. This is exactly why we need this ground aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!! some people

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4259
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2020Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33791.jpg

Quote: BIGAL1 "Have not seen that name since the last time i looked in my Ban Box
I don't get it at all, I really don't! I understand that on another fans forum I have taken over TRB's crown as most vilified poster by some posters banned from this board or RL Fans altogether, just because of the work I am doing on Newmarket! Despite the fact I fully support GH and don't have any issues with Castleford at all, they have vilified me because in (what is still a small minority of posters) their warped minds supporting Newmarket means I must be anti Cas and GH! The only conclusion I can draw is that because they think in this way that this justifies in their own minds this odd view!

Our friend Rugbyball is good fun but he/she is also still clearly a Fev fan who has issues with Wakefield and Newmarket because it is linked with Trinity. I just don't get it, more so now Newmarket will not be part of Wakefield's franchise application... it has now has no impact and arguably they have the advantage!

Am I missing something... genuine question?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member301No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

RED WHITE & BLUE RULE BRITANNIA:

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "I don't get it at all, I really don't! I understand that on another fans forum I have taken over TRB's crown as most vilified poster by some posters banned from this board or RL Fans altogether, just because of the work I am doing on Newmarket! Despite the fact I fully support GH and don't have any issues with Castleford at all, they have vilified me because in (what is still a small minority of posters) their warped minds supporting Newmarket means I must be anti Cas and GH! The only conclusion I can draw is that because they think in this way that this justifies in their own minds this odd view!

Our friend Rugbyball is good fun but he/she is also still clearly a Fev fan who has issues with Wakefield and Newmarket because it is linked with Trinity. I just don't get it, more so now Newmarket will not be part of Wakefield's franchise application... it has now has no impact and arguably they have the advantage!

Am I missing something... genuine question?'"

Because fans of our rival clubs don't want us to get a new stadium as the potential for Wakefield as a club playing out of state of the facilities is massive and they can't handle the thought of that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach456No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47873_1296806483.jpg

Quote: Inflatable_Armadillo "Leeds is a minority labour controlled council with the Green party holding the balance of power... by one vote! I never thought about this before, but this could add to the Newmarket issue a little. Of course the leader of Leeds City Council is Keith Wakefield who is a member for the.... Methley Ward!!!

I also suspect that Labour will take overall control of Leeds in May, when the Lib Dems and Tory's take a kicking in local elections in Leeds and in general, which will mean the Greens will go back to be of no relevance to anyone and Mr Wakefield will be firmly in the driving seat!'"

Ok I will help you out, of course some of it is Fev bias, but not all of it my friend. I understand your capitalist ideals really I do, however not everybody holds your view. You took offence at the way the nimbys have run their campaign and to be honest I think they have done a poor job too, their are clear areas where they have real grounds and they should stick to these. To look at the other side of the agrument let me take you back to the first public meeting YC held on the development, it was hardly advertised except for on here, and then at the meeting the emphisis was on the stadium, lots of pretty pictures of what the stadium etc yet know real details on the how the units would look! Call me cynical but you can see where Im going. Indeed you could say this is fair game, but in my opinion the meeting was a chance for local residents to have their minds put at ease, instead it was taken over by WTWC from all corners of the district. I also note this meeting was used as affirmation of support at the planning hearing.

On the jobs front the amounts of NEW jobs are unclear. Lets say for example Morrisons decided that their current site is unsuitable and outdated and they move to Newmarket they would not be creating new jobs, in fact jobs may be lost due to new tech and more efficient working practises. I remember you using the argument that much of the available to let warehousing in the district is out of date, when countering the claim that their are units un let. These out of date units in reality will be pulled down and new buildings could replace them which would count against the legal requirement. Also when it comes to the legal requirement it is over a set number of years and although there may not be the required land at the minute, over the time frame land will become available.

On the stadium front, I may be wrong here but I suspect that it is not being paid for by YC rather the land is being given bye YC. And more so I think the community would better benefit from a facility like Ponds Forge in Sheffield not a stadium only to be used by one team, and a couple of 3g pitches. The notion that these facilities will be "world class" or some how will put Wakefield on the map are just daft, you do not hear people saying "Bolton that place with the world class stadium and sports facilities, lets go their".

One final point is you say you started your campaign out of frustration at the untruths spread by the nimbys yet you rarely correct untruths on here. For example The Clan talked about Greenbelt this morning totally out of context in his post to the PM.

Ps please excuse the grammar, spelling, and punctuation etc, I know you use this as some sore of intellect scoring system.

79 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
79 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.8212890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad for London
karetaker
3m
bulls on Sunday
Highlander
3m
Film game
karetaker
23m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
26m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Fathead96
39m
Wolves again
BigTime
40m
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
43m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
ploinerrhino
45m
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
55m
New Players
BigTime
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
bulls on Sunday
Highlander
44s
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
48s
Shopping list for 2025
ComeOnYouUll
49s
Film game
karetaker
50s
Wolves again
BigTime
1m
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
1m
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
1m
New Players
BigTime
1m
This weeks disciplinary
The Reaper
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
FlyingScotty
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
Huddersfield
TODAY
IMG
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
Highlander
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Fathead96
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside York Knights Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Old FC when we knew how to play rugby
mk_fc
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Home
Wanderer
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,850 80,12014,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 Sat 21st Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 19th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Salford
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
SL 26 St.Helens40-4Castleford
SL 26 Wigan38-0Leeds
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 26 657 336 321 42
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 26 550 483 67 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 26 434 648 -214 18
Castleford 26 415 701 -286 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20