Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

Quote: Start@1873 "Why have we not had a post match interview from the coaching staff & or a senior player ???'"

What can the say about that display.? Personally I don't care to hear. What I want is to see us start playing games where we cut out the endless soft penalties and all the sloppy handling. As they say actions speak louder than words

RankPostsTeam
International Star5046
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

Quote: PopTart "Not sure why 'cameos all season' isn't the same as 'the same thing'

I didn't mean you said they were rubbish but it has been said by others. I was just commenting in general.

But.....why does this game mean so much yet the other game we played against them is not considered?

Either way I'm not precious about it. It's a wake up call and we have plenty of time to fix it.'"

Then you need to be more careful when replying to a single post that you don't infer that something was said by that poster.

By cameos I mean periods of matches where we’ve similarly performed to a lower standard and have been held up or out performed by the opponents or are you going to deny that we’ve quite often relied on our fitness to get us out of trouble in quite a few second halves.

Let me say again in as many words, it’s not about the loss it’s about the performance!
What I pointed out and what you seem unable to understand is that we’ve shown that level of poor performance on a number of occasions, the deficiency has been there all season but has thus far been inconsequential because the teams we’ve played haven’t had the quality to make us pay. Toulouse have that quality and maybe even Bradford should they continue to rebuild their team. Now we can bury our heads in the sand, because god forbid we say anything that doesn’t amount to fullsome praise, or we can try to fix the issues in the team and win the Grand Final as we stated we would at the start of the season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5195
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The defeat could be for the best because I wonder if the pressure of staying undefeated has impacted our recent performances.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player791
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78850_1709244176.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78850.jpg

from my perspective (I stayed up all night and shelled out $50 for a vpn) it was a really disappointing performance... (I've only seen the club play 4 times streamed live and 3 have been losses [Leeds, Feath and now Toulouse])

So I wish to take full responsibility... Its my fault... sorry!!

Some other observations though... Max Jowitt seemed out of sorts with his colleagues almost from the kick off... body language and verbal until he screwed up for the Bolt hat trick try, when he just disappeared from the game.
The combination of Walmsley and Croft looked soft … I could see the holes on that side of defence and I was watching from 1300 miles away!
Liam Kay was pressured out of the game by the rush defence... his pass selection and decision making were very poor.
The starting front row was slow (sometimes static) in offence and defence.. Uele improved the go forward a bit but not much...
The edge and loose forward positions all looked a season beyond their sell by date or looked to be suffering from a lack of squad rotation options.
Off the bench I thought Doyle looked the pick of the players but lacked support pushing through.
Gale ... Did he touch the ball?

but that said I promise not to stream any more live games until seasons end!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2091No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76816.jpeg

If the teams shortcomings were glaringly obvious to you spook watching the game, I’m sure Powell wasn’t a happy bunny watching ,and also with the manner of the defeat either , being rolled over by one our nearest competitor in the comp without so much as a whimper . Heat , absentees will have played their part , but I suspect a touch of Complacency has crept in recently where we can overhaul teams going into the latter stages due to our superior fitness and power and skill set. I’m sure the coaching staff will be all over this and making adjustments to stamp this out and doesn’t become a regular feature ,(which I’m sure it won’t ) . We’ve always had a game or two like this in us ,same as every team , Wigan included . It’s how we deal with this adversity that will define us in this division and beyond

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: The Avenger "Then you need to be more careful when replying to a single post that you don't infer that something was said by that poster.

By cameos I mean periods of matches where we’ve similarly performed to a lower standard and have been held up or out performed by the opponents or are you going to deny that we’ve quite often relied on our fitness to get us out of trouble in quite a few second halves.

Let me say again in as many words, it’s not about the loss it’s about the performance!
What I pointed out and what you seem unable to understand is that we’ve shown that level of poor performance on a number of occasions, the deficiency has been there all season but has thus far been inconsequential because the teams we’ve played haven’t had the quality to make us pay. Toulouse have that quality and maybe even Bradford should they continue to rebuild their team. Now we can bury our heads in the sand, because god forbid we say anything that doesn’t amount to fullsome praise, or we can try to fix the issues in the team and win the Grand Final as we stated we would at the start of the season.'"

I understand what you are saying.
There are many reasons we lost this week. One of which is we are not the finished article.

Sone of the players playing this weekend would not be first choice in the championship. Quite a few more will not be first choice in SL.

The performance and reason for defeat needs looking at but I don't draw the same conclusions as you.

I don't think we always rely on fitness to win. We probably are fitter but not more so than the top sides. Powell has made the point that we don't do more fitness work than the part timers. We do other things though that help.
We do batter teams down the middle until they tire out though. That's a different think.

I'd really like to see us swing the ball about more but against some of the lower teams we break them in the forwards before we get to that point.

I did have really high hopes when I saw how fast we moved the ball when we played Wigan but we've only done that in patches in the main season I agree.
In some cases injury to some players has caused that but more likely other teams are just rushing our weaker players like Kay.
Depending on how long Lino is out we might need a loan player but a small improvement in halfbacks will jump the team on.

This team is only about winning the GF. Next year's team will be different and probably play different.
I'm still confident we'll be playing at home in the GF. I'm not actually sure it will be Toulouse.

RankPostsTeam
International Star478No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67575_1666348651.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67575.jpg

fwiw - my take....Players playing out of position for too long and the squad, with a few playing busted over the last few weeks and some players not missing many games has taken its toll. We looked tired and the heat didn't help, hopefully we can start and get a few back ready for the play-offs and freshen a few up.

We have to remember we played our first game 4th Feb! and haven't had many weekends off in that time? maybe we might need to bring a couple of loans in to help some players get back to 100%. I'm sure Powell/Mills will have a plan

RankPostsTeam
International Star2606
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Question have the players been told who is staying and who is going Some thing did not look Wright on the pitch .Club have been very quiet about the match but have said you will get your 10 pound back if you were at the ground

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13706
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

RankPostsTeam
International Star11890No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

The manner of the defeat was disappointing, but it’s only one game against the other FT team.

The way a certain poster keeps going on one might think we haven’t been to Wembley and win our first trophy in 40 years.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4891
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3634.jpg
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]:3634.jpg

Quote: alegend "Question have the players been told who is staying and who is going Some thing did not look Wright on the pitch .Club have been very quiet about the match but have said you will get your 10 pound back if you were at the ground'"

It was reported ages ago the players know if they are staying are going

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: alegend "Question have the players been told who is staying and who is going Some thing did not look Wright on the pitch .Club have been very quiet about the match but have said you will get your 10 pound back if you were at the ground'"

No need to create something that isn't there.

If it follows the same riles in Championship they knew in May whether the have a contract offer to negotiate or are let go.

RankPostsTeam
International Star807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This weekend has been a nightmare, what with the IT problem caused delays flying out. The performance Saturday evening. 2 taxi drivers almost fighting over which one should take us to the airport.Now our plane has arrived in Carcassonne and they won't let us board with a possible 2 hours delay.
What else can go wrong, a plague of Locusts, a volcano erupting, all being well we'll be back for the game on Sunday.
Bloody Brexit!!
I don't what I've done to deserve this

RankPostsTeam
International Star807No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Further to my post flight cancelled today and now 11am tomorrow.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: poplar cats alive "Further to my post flight cancelled today and now 11am tomorrow.'"

Hope they are paying for your hotel.

176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.83544921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC