OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Quote: New York Bar X111 "Re

Correct. A Wakey lad who will always give 100% while proudly wearing the shirt. Wish we had a few more like him!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13695
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: Wildthing "Correct. A Wakey lad who will always give 100% while proudly wearing the shirt. Wish we had a few more like him!'"

Perhaps we could've done had the club not spent the licensed years practically ignoring the youngster the club produced in favour of fringe players from other clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif
:13462.gif

Double post.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

That's what gets me the team are in a bad place at the moment players injured players playing as though they aint bothered get a couple of our younger players who would spill blood for the club in.Young Jordan aint let anyone down with the little game time he has had and when in the squad so why is he not in the side every week hes certainly put more effort in than a lot of the experienced players.That effort just might make one or two others take note and would also be a kick up the arris for the experienced ones who would then have to put effort in to get back in.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif

Quote: Kevs Head "I'm going very much against my previous thinking now but bear with me.
Webster may not win many prizes for diplomacy with the RFL but, given the situation Trinity are in regards finances and squad depth/quality, isn't he just stating the obvious truth? A truth that the RFL might have foreseen.
Which is most important for the club's survival? To go all out to win every game with a set of busted players, end up in the middle 8 still with busted players, narrowly lose the million pound match and go in to the Championship ie. the plucky losers?
OR - possibly lose a few hundred fans from the gate for the next 13 rounds but go in to the Qualifiers with a fit, stable squad who can, more likely, do the job and retain SL status?
Financially, it's much better to be in SL than the Champs and it gives us a chance to recover and rebuild for the next SL season. Webster's comments may seem naive to me but MC may well be backing the strategy for purely financial and survival reasons. Let's face it, we all expected to be in the bottom four anyway. Would we rather be in the bottom four with some chance of survival or in the bottom four with a lot less chance of survival?
In some ways it's just the same as in the old play off structure where the accusation was made that top teams could coast for most of the season and just come in to form at the play offs. Now - yes every moment matters for those teams from 4th to 10th, but for us, Webster's right, the moments that matter are after the split.
Not that I'm happy with being SL whipping boys but it does make sense and cheer me up ever so very slightly!'"

The season so far is panning out quite similar to how I thought it would, although after your good start I did wonder if I had under estimated your chances. It was always going to be a tough year for Wakfield given the gap in spending power between yourselves and the big boys in SL. You're certainly doing it tough at the moment but you'd think that you will improve again before the end of your SL season.

I don't know if there is a strategy to try and hold something back for the final 7/8 games in the split, if it was my team I'd like to think not. I go and watch my team in the hope that they're going into each game with a single aim of getting the win. Damage limitation for 23 rounds before a big push in the split doesn't seem a great strategy for building the club and supporter base. When that split does happen it shoukd certainly be a very tense couple of months for a lot of clubs with so much at stake.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10446
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

It will be interesting once the other 3 clubs destined for the middle eight become more evident. I think Betts has already been targeting games with his use of Brown and if they fall further behind the pack he will have difficult choices to make.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Even with a fully fit squad if we play the same style of Rugby as we have attempted this season then we will finish 7th or 8th in the middle eight. Our completion rate is around 50 % because our players are simply not good enough to execute the passing style game Webster has tried to get them to play. Our players are some of the worst players in SL. They may just have the ability to play a very simple game plan designed to get them to the end of their sets and kick. Not pretty but it is all they are capable of.
Defence is about desire, attitude and determination all atributes we do not have at present, not sure how we engender this into the players. It seems obvious that Webster, his staff or our captain are not able to get a response from the team. Remember last year when the Catalans director took control of the situation after they lost to us last year. I think the players have had to much carrot and not enough stick. Each player should be made to report to the directors on Monday morning, with their agent and receive the bolloking of their lifetimes. Those agents sold their players to the club on the basis that they could play Rugby well they need to prove it. Injured players like Ian Shirke ( not the genuine injured players ) should be made to do an 8 hour day cleaning the ground. The players are taking the michael, every player who has worn the shirt this season is a full time pro player so should be able to tackle, catch and run hard.
I fully expected us to be in the middle eight and unlike Vasty agreed with the bookies, I did not expect us to be given a game plan beyond our players abilities, I expected to see effort, I did not think we would win a single game, on paper we are the worst team, but I can respect a team that gives 100% in defeat.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1080No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bully_Boxer "

I don't know if there is a strategy to try and hold something back for the final 7/8 games in the split, if it was my team I'd like to think not. I go and watch my team in the hope that they're going into each game with a single aim of getting the win. Damage limitation for 23 rounds before a big push in the split doesn't seem a great strategy for building the club and supporter base. When that split does happen it shoukd certainly be a very tense couple of months for a lot of clubs with so much at stake.'"

I don't disagree with you at all. The strategy Webster is hinting at is dangerous and certainly cynical. But, it's a strategy that the new structure allows. I'd love us to be in a different place but our situation is what it is and, if SL survival is the name of the game the damage limitation strategy is the best one we've got. Heard the story of the two blokes in the jungle confronted by a hungry lion? One shouts, "Run for your life!" but his mate stops and puts on his running shoes.
"What the f... are you doing? You can't outrun a lion!"
"I don't have to outrun the lion", says his mate. "I just have to outrun you!"
That's the position we're in now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3874
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66815_1344197625.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66815.jpeg

The cynic in me wonders whether Webster is trying to buy himself time to the end of the season referring to the play offs etc continually if it was a 'normal season' he'd probably be looking at the door now.

We'll probably get pumped in the play offs aswell then Webster will join Agar at Warrington as his number 2 with Tony Smith going back to Aus whilst Trinity face the prospect of playing teams like Batley next season.. icon_wink.gif

We're off to the Halifax game this Friday and whether we lose or not I'd love to see Crowther, Jowitt and Johnstone in the 17.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36067
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Bruce_Forsyth "Get off the back of Webster. He's a quality coach doing a tough job.

Wakey are hardly a Wigan or a St Helens, are you?

Not sure what you are really expecting.'"

Idiotic post.

When Harbin (basically a PE Teacher) had a team of misfits and kids after the Pearman debacle we lost 10 in a row - but none to the magnitude of 80 points - he's of given his right arm for players of the ALLEGED quality of Tim Smith and Danny Kirmond. There are no excuses for 80 -0, in fact there are non really for 40 point deficits it's just that we have got used to them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13695
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: vastman "Idiotic post.

When Harbin (basically a PE Teacher) had a team of misfits and kids after the Pearman debacle we lost 10 in a row - but none to the magnitude of 80 points - he's of given his right arm for players of the ALLEGED quality of Tim Smith and Danny Kirmond. There are no excuses for 80 -0, in fact there are non really for 40 point deficits it's just that we have got used to them.'"

He's a wind up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star692No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

How anyone can stick up and defend webster is beyound me.he is takin the team down to a new levell and they are his players.just cos he had a good start has most coaches do and with howcthis season is going he would be out at any other club

RankPostsTeam
International Star197No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Willzay "Absolutely ridiculous no sign of turning things around. Shame on Carter for going with the cheap option and just promoting Agar mark 2. Yes blame is deserved on the players as well but just what is Webster doing as a coach.'"
why shame on mr carter, he and chris have done nothing wrong apart from give 100% plus to the club. I have waited until today to post, I was too angry yesterday after watching that performance. no blame at all lays with mr carter and chris. they give Webster the means to put together the team that he wants and can afford. after that it is down to the players and coaches. there is no reason at all that that should have happened yesterday. the boys will know that. any professional rl player can not offer an excuse for such a gutless and unprofessional performance. last week they put 20 odd points against without a doubt the best team in the league and showed some decent line defence. over the years watching wakefield I have seen some great performances and some dire performances but this was by far the worst. what worries me most is that teams in the past have had the grit, guts and fight to get us out of the holes we have been in . watching this lot yesterday I don't think unless there is something radical done pretty quick, that when their backs are to the wall they will be able to scrap their way out of it but Michael carter and chris have nothing to do with that disgraceful performance yesterday

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9083No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13462.gif

Quote: Kevs Head "I don't disagree with you at all. The strategy Webster is hinting at is dangerous and certainly cynical. But, it's a strategy that the new structure allows. I'd love us to be in a different place but our situation is what it is and, if SL survival is the name of the game the damage limitation strategy is the best one we've got. Heard the story of the two blokes in the jungle confronted by a hungry lion? One shouts, "Run for your life!" but his mate stops and puts on his running shoes.
"What the f... are you doing? You can't outrun a lion!"
"I don't have to outrun the lion", says his mate. "I just have to outrun you!"
That's the position we're in now.'"

I guess that strategy is ok in the short term but the supporter base won't get behind that for long. Fans won't bother with season tickets and will just pick and choose SL games depending on form if they feel the club are holding back to the final split each year. And if that is the position without anything likely to change in the future then I'm not sure SL is the best place. I know I haven't enjoyed my rugby as much as I have so far this season for quite some time. Whether I'd feel that way if we remain in the Championship for more than a couple of years I can't answer yet. I think it definitely helps knowing that if we continue in a similar vein that we will be playing some SL opposition anyway later in the season. I'm certainly not missing getting smashed by teams like Wigan/Wire/Leeds that we just aren't able to fairly compete with at this moment in time.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20712
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

The thing is, although he is saying it might be a strategy......they haven't dropped any top players yet, they are just playing really badly.

176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0419921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
13m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
13m