FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > Awful, awful, awful. Huddersfield game chat here.
186 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach475No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28143_1294587081.jpg
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS NEVER FINISHED BOTTOM OF SUPER LEAGUE NEVER RELEGATED NEVER INVOLVED IN FAKE MERGERS:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28143.jpg

Absolutely garbage from start to finish, missing Big Dunc big time in the tackling department, someone who smashes legs away rather than wrestling which we did all game and let them offload at will.

For the last few seasons now we've had performances like this when the players want the coach out.

I for one urge the board to not make any knee jerk reactions regarding this or the Celtic game win or lose.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2012Jan 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44206.jpg
:44206.jpg

Worse every week

Sick of the same thing happening every year

I would say stosic and latu had a good game today, even blaymire had a bad game first tym he dropped the ball all year and he did it twice i think.

In need of new props get korki back he isnt even gettin 1st team rugby at huddersfield. He would be welcome back to belle vue.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9741No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2013Sep 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22659.jpg
:22659.jpg

Quote: Judd Judd "Worse every week

Sick of the same thing happening every year

I would say stosic and latu had a good game today, even blaymire had a bad game first tym he dropped the ball all year and he did it twice i think.

In need of new props get korki back he isnt even gettin 1st team rugby at huddersfield. He would be welcome back to belle vue.'"

There is a reason for that. Hope we don't get him back. No better than what we have and tbh think it would me a mixed reception.

Agree on Matty though he has been safe as houses today butdropped ball quite a few times.

RDM
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach708
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: super 10 "dont blame you captain when you have a JUDICE in you club and your captain has played through injury because his coach and team need him.'"

I don't know (and to an extent don't care) what one player may or may not have done to upset someone else on the team. At the end of the day they are all paid to at least put in some effort on the pitch and there's been very little of that on show in recent weeks.

Whilst it's up to JK & Beans to get the players properly focussed before the game, it's up to the captain to keep the players focussed during the match. To me it seems that for a long time the only thing JD has been doing as captain is to toss the coin before kick off.

I have faith in the coaching team to turn things around, but it's definitely time for a new captain. JD has been a terrific servant to the club and has put his body on the line a number of times - I for one will never forget him running the ball out of our own in-goal at Odsal to help keep us in the fight for survival - but he's beginning to look like there's nothing left in the tank.

JD isn't quick enough to be in the backs & he isn't big enough to pack down with the forwards. The only thing keeping JD in the side is the fact that he's captain and I'm afraid that isn't a good enough reason to select any player in any team of any sport.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RDM "I don't know (and to an extent don't care) what one player may or may not have done to upset someone else on the team. At the end of the day they are all paid to at least put in some effort on the pitch and there's been very little of that on show in recent weeks.

Whilst it's up to JK & Beans to get the players properly focussed before the game, it's up to the captain to keep the players focussed during the match. To me it seems that for a long time the only thing JD has been doing as captain is to toss the coin before kick off.

I have faith in the coaching team to turn things around, but it's definitely time for a new captain. JD has been a terrific servant to the club and has put his body on the line a number of times - I for one will never forget him running the ball out of our own in-goal at Odsal to help keep us in the fight for survival - but he's beginning to look like there's nothing left in the tank.

JD isn't quick enough to be in the backs & he isn't big enough to pack down with the forwards. The only thing keeping JD in the side is the fact that he's captain and I'm afraid that isn't a good enough reason to select any player in any team of any sport.'"

Biggest load of gash i have ever read regarding JD. Utter tripe.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1910No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20665.gif
:20665.gif

Quote: Sandal Cat "Well its up to the Coach to sort those players out and if getting rid is the answer then get rid.

For what its worth I dont think you will see Danny Sculthorpe in a Wakefield shirt again, I think he will be on his way out. I rate him as a player but if he or any other player are disrupting the spirit then they can

go.'"

sounds to me like hes done something daft and served papers on the club to sue them while there in the changing rooms or something but thats only me guessing at what could have happened but by the way in which con spoke it doesnt sound good or was done too have maximum impact on the teams performance today.

J.T
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3662_1306065880.jpg
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote] [quote="vastman"] honest to god your like a big and not very bright child. [/quote] [quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"] You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of Europe's major cities.[/quote] BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3662.jpg

Quote: Khlav Kalash "Bullied in the forwards. No spark in attack. This is depressing stuff. Stick your money and Celtic next week!'"

Can tell you didn't go weren't bullied at all Moore and Bibey battered hudds early doors twas the lack of creatvitiy that did us.]

J.T
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3662_1306065880.jpg
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote] [quote="vastman"] honest to god your like a big and not very bright child. [/quote] [quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"] You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of Europe's major cities.[/quote] BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3662.jpg

Quote: upthecats "Pathetic performance!

First time for years and years I've left before the hooter, but it was so bad it was untrue. There's a lot of questions need answering before next week.

All 17 players ought Ito hang their heads in shame, don't buy into Obst having a great game at all, just because he's so small and tackles bigger blokes doesn't mean he had a good game. I counted at least three tackles he missed that led to tries.

JK needs to earn his money this week big time.'"

He does giving it the big one on Westgate tonight.

J.T
RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3662_1306065880.jpg

Quote: adam9641 "Can't help it if I don't rate someone.

Like Grix, I think he is better than what people think. Everyone has different opinions you need to accept that.

Scully has never played for us like he did at Cas, when he was at Cas he was fantastic. If only he could play like that for us.'"

How long can you hide behind that?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: RDM "I don't know (and to an extent don't care) what one player may or may not have done to upset someone else on the team. At the end of the day they are all paid to at least put in some effort on the pitch and there's been very little of that on show in recent weeks.

JD isn't quick enough to be in the backs & he isn't big enough to pack down with the forwards. The only thing keeping JD in the side is the fact that he's captain and I'm afraid that isn't a good enough reason to select any player in any team of any sport.'"

I really find that amazing, i'll put it down to feeling peeeeeeed off.

True imo but thats down to busting a gut every week dragging other players around the pitch and trying to do too much, JD's not the best player and not the worst but he gives his all in that shirt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17724_1479580425.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17724.jpg

Quote: Prince Buster "I was waiting for someone to pick up on that.

The little guy has the heart of a lion and gives 100%. But everyone runs at him relentlessly and quins,Wigan and Shudds have all spotted him.'"

I have said this so often if 75% of the other players had Sams heart and effort we would not go far wrong
But sorry to say Sam is not a SL player he would be MOM week in week out in the NL. I like Sam but I am a realist it’s a Quota spot wasted

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15317.jpg
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS 2013 - 140th ANNIVERSARY SQUAD 1. Mathers. 2. Fox. 3. Collis. 4. L. Smith. 5. Cockayne. 6. Sykes. 7. T. Smith. 8. Poore. 9. Aiton. 10. Raleigh. 11. Lauititi. 12.. Kirmon (captain). 13. Washbrook. 14. Wood. 15. Amor. 16. Wilkes. 17. Mariano. 18. Trout. 19. Mellars. 20. Lyne. 21. Wildie. 22. Cowling. 24. Walshaw. 25. John. 26. Goulding. 27. Annakin. 28. Kay. 29. Slater. 35. L. Smith. C: Agar WAKEFILED TRINITY WILDCATS - PURVEYORS OF RUGBY LEAGUE SINCE 1873 KEEP CALM AND PASS THE BALL TO SYKES:15317.jpg

I've tried to stay positive for the team's sake this season, but unfortunately I cannot allow that excuse of a "performance" yesterday to pass! We played like a bunch of senseless numpties and quite frankly, it seemed that the players would rather have been going on a day trip to Scarborough, taken their families to the park, attending a barbeque, washing their cars, tending to their gardens, anywhere except on that rugby pitch. We were so crap that even an amatuer team could have beaten us. I ain't singling out one player at all, no, the whole team need to face facts and realise that if they put in any more performances like that, then nobody will come to the matches (bar the away fans).

When Sam Obst was interviewed for his token "Man of the Match award" he missed a big opportunity to apologise on behalf of the entire team. Something is clearly wrong within the club and I urge the board and coaching staff to sort whatever the matter is and once it has been sorted, publicly state what the hell is up. There are issues that cannot be ignored or swept under the carpet here and us fans have a right to know about any problems.

So the choice is yours Wakefield Trinity players, either start playing to your capabilities or all of you can F.R.O. and join another club that would suit your egos and if you can't beat Celtic Crusaders (although they are starting to improve) next week, then two words for you, JOB CLUB! Rant over. icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_evil.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif icon_mad.gif

PS - on a final wounding note, well done huddersfield.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13708
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: Neggy "Can tell you didn't go weren't bullied at all Moore and Bibey battered hudds early doors twas the lack of creatvitiy that did us.]'"

I did go. I witnessed every last second of the match. God knows why i stayed but i did. Suppose is why people stare at car crashes.

Moore and Bibey did put the effort in when Trinity had a period of sustained possession due to Huddersfields ill-discipline but after the 30 min mark the forwards were dominated.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4980No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23909.gif
'That is why no amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party.... So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin':23909.gif

Quote: Khlav Kalash "I did go. I witnessed every last second of the match. God knows why i stayed but i did. Suppose is why people stare at car crashes.

Moore and Bibey did put the effort in when Trinity had a period of sustained possession due to Huddersfields ill-discipline but after the 30 min mark the forwards were dominated.'"

thats the problem though, even with all that possession we were clueless in the backs and couldn't get over the line to make the pressure count. to be frank our attacking line was a joke in that first half hour, completely predictable. throwing it to bibey and moore to try bulldoze their way over, awful.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13708
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: St. Chunter "thats the problem though, even with all that possession we were clueless in the backs and couldn't get over the line to make the pressure count. to be frank our attacking line was a joke in that first half hour, completely predictable. throwing it to bibey and moore to try bulldoze their way over, awful.'"

Indeed, it was an all round crap performance. Backs did not create anything, except three tries and 1 near try for the opposition. Its wasn't a game to single out individuals. The whole team was woeful.

186 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
186 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NSW
3m
Betting 2024
Moe syslak
6m