JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I would have liked to see Hampshire stay as he offers great versatility and his pace off the mark is a big asset. However, we have lost better players and we’ve learned to cope.

Hampshire is a fans favourite but I do hope some Wakey fans don’t resort to wanting Jowitt/Gaskill to fail. I’ve already seen some posts on social media that have trashed both players. I really don’t like to see fans publicly trash one player just to reinforce their argument on another player. I know some fans think Hampshire is better than the two mentioned players and that’s fair enough but why it has to get personal I’ll never know.

I also hope that some of our fans give some of the other local Wakey lads a bit more support! We have 3/4 other players who are one of our own and it would be nice to hear fans get behind them a bit more.

I wish the best for Hampshire. He’s been a good servant and given 100% in every game he’s played!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Jesper_Parnevik "I would have liked to see Hampshire stay as he offers great versatility and his pace off the mark is a big asset. However, we have lost better players and we’ve learned to cope.

Hampshire is a fans favourite but I do hope some Wakey fans don’t resort to wanting Jowitt/Gaskill to fail. I’ve already seen some posts on social media that have trashed both players. I really don’t like to see fans publicly trash one player just to reinforce their argument on another player. I know some fans think Hampshire is better than the two mentioned players and that’s fair enough but why it has to get personal I’ll never know.

I also hope that some of our fans give some of the other local Wakey lads a bit more support! We have 3/4 other players who are one of our own and it would be nice to hear fans get behind them a bit more.

I wish the best for Hampshire. He’s been a good servant and given 100% in every game he’s played!'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6293
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
31007_1580947500.jpg
EVENTUALLY, WE'LL WIN SOMETHING, ,MAYBE, IF I'M STILL ALIVE THEN:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_31007.jpg

Shame that he's gone. He's a very useful utility player and great to have as an option. Unfortunately, he is yet to be seen by any Super League coach that has coached him that he is first choice scrum-half, full back or stand-off. Nothing wrong with that, but utility players don't get first-choice salaries and perhaps he thought he deserved that price tag. Hence, the two parties never will meet.

His utility value is what we will miss, which is a shame.

As for Gaskell, on his game he is a good stand-off and I think he'll be an asset and is a good signing. A steadier player with a good read of the game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5195
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Don't like the sound of that.

You're either putting out a hit on Scarlett when he's not worth it,

Or someone about to call it a day and I wouldn't blame them and if the club goes down the crapper then those on here will have had their dreams come true.

One slightly above average player won't sign a contract and it's the end of the world, why bother.'"

I doubt my opinion would make Jose leave unless they are just looking for an excuse to get out. There are enough of you on here backing him so why should he have a problem with criticism from one supporter. He could put me on ignore because whatever happens be it successful or unsuccessful can only be attributed to those in charge. I will make it easy for him by removing myself from this part of the forum but I will remain on the section that allows me and others to point out how bad the government and especially the PM is for the country.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player176No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2022Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I doubt my opinion would make Jose leave unless they are just looking for an excuse to get out. There are enough of you on here backing him so why should he have a problem with criticism from one supporter. He could put me on ignore because whatever happens be it successful or unsuccessful can only be attributed to those in charge. I will make it easy for him by removing myself from this part of the forum but I will remain on the section that allows me and others to point out how bad the government and especially the PM is for the country.'"

You don’t have to leave on my account. I actually enjoy your posts.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jose "You don’t have to leave on my account. I actually enjoy your posts.'"

Noooooooooooooooo!!!

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player246No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78184_1608479023.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78184.jpeg

Whatever the opinions of people on here, and there are some pros and cons for both arguments.
The fact that Rocky Hampshire won’t be playing for trinity next season isn’t the worst thing to happen to us player wise.
It’s not so many seasons ago teams used to rock up and cherry pick our players if they thought they’d be any use.
I got sick of reading other fans forums where they’d be squabbling with comments like ...”when Trinity get relegated who would we want from their team’.
It didn’t happen ......through a combination of astute signings and more lately a shift to produce home grown talent the tide in my opinion is starting to pay dividends.
we don’t always get it right and time will tell with the release of Rocky Hampshire. Let’s wait and see..

The 23% reduction in memberships is disappointing the last two seasons may have contributed to this .COVID certainly hasn’t helped. However despite the reduction (£450,000 tv money ) we’ve amazingly managed to keep the vast majority of the squad together . Let’s not start to throw the towel in just yet over one player.

If you really want the club to move forward players wise try to purchase a season ticket, or some merchandise . We’re approaching an important point in the clubs history regarding the stadium, if this come off the club will certainly be able to move forward making more money available to buy better players. There are far more positives than negatives going on at OUR CLUB. We just need to hold the line a little longer and try to be a bit more positive .

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: Scarlet Pimpernell "I doubt my opinion would make Jose leave unless they are just looking for an excuse to get out. There are enough of you on here backing him so why should he have a problem with criticism from one supporter. He could put me on ignore because whatever happens be it successful or unsuccessful can only be attributed to those in charge. I will make it easy for him by removing myself from this part of the forum but I will remain on the section that allows me and others to point out how bad the government and especially the PM is for the country.'"

I'm ok with someone criticising. But thing that is different about you is you don't see any positive in anything at Trinity. That tends to get a reaction from people who love this club. Even the grumpy ones.
You gave us pages on Chester, then when he went you said OK that's it. But as soon as you've got an opportunity you've had a go at WP recruitment and had a dig at MC again.
Are you going to start the, Willie's only here cos he plays golf thing.

The reality is, whether you like it or or not, that we don't have loads of money, we recruit what we can, we try our best on and off the field, we hope supporters will still come because of those things even when we don't win anything.
Trying our best means we have an outstanding academy setup.
Trying our best means we are not going bust
Trying our best means we have two internationals at our club
Trying our best means we've retained some sought after players, but unfortunately some have chosen to leave.
Trying our best means we have a great social media offering with 30k followers

Maybe try seeing what good is going on at the club under extremely difficult circumstances.

We also have a CEO who communicates with fans. Remember any previous leader at Trinity being so honest and open?
I don't know Carter personally but I really appreciate the access he gives us. Might not always be what you want to hear but at least he's keeping us in the picture. Would you prefer him to imply everything is perfect? I can imagine he wonders why he does if he still reads comments like yours on here. I hope he knows the majority of fans do see what he does.

Maybe think about those things next time you want to have a dig about some really trivial thing.....
Like not getting to ask a question cos you don't have Facebook.... Even though you don't believe he'd tell you the truth
Or worrying about how many players have left and how many have come in, even though the deadline for letting players go is earlier than being able to sign them, and we have 4 months to sign someone if we want to.
Etc, etc

I used to like discussing things with you, but you've got to the point where you don't listen to anyone else and just believe the worst... And then share it with everyone.

Try opening your mind to the fact that people are trying their best and that it it's a good thing that they are.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Wow. Feel better for that. Haven't had a good rant in ages.

Think I need a drink.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player555No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: vastman "Don't like the sound of that.

You're either putting out a hit on Scarlett when he's not worth it,

Or someone about to call it a day and I wouldn't blame them and if the club goes down the crapper then those on here will have had their dreams come true.

One slightly above average player won't sign a contract and it's the end of the world, why bother.'"

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player2025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I for one am disappointed ryan as gone i make no secret i think max is very overated by many and think ryan is a way better player but thats my opinion and im not WP and the the coaching team and will support them who ever plays after all i support wakefied trinity as a club not the individuals.again i make no secret im concerned about the lack of depth in certain areas but again im sure WP and his coaching team have this in hand and plans afoot with scope and possibility of players coming in. Out of the newbies only hood excites me gaskell does a bit as he quality on his day just the injuries put me off but i could name a few players i thought eh why we signed him but hes gone on to be fantastic ie finn but we signed players i thought yes but they turned out to be dudds. But i will be at headingley on boxing days cheering my club on no matter who plays as i will be at every sl game i can get to aswell and i will always be cheering on my team not the individuals. Yes i can moan and be very pessimistic just the way i am but ill be therI just hope many others who may be disgruntled at this time are too..

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

No just moderate your posts accordingly.

The PM and the government are elected!

MC and JM are not, I’m not even sure they are even paid a salary or certainly not one that genuinely equates to what they would get elsewhere.

MC as we know risked his house at the start and probably still has money tied up. Pretty sure Boris doesn’t.

You are totally entitled to think and say what you like within the law about Boris and Co, they know the score. But MC/JM/WP and poor old CC are private individuals going about their business, no way do they deserve similar treatment.

If you don’t like what they do then don’t go and leave it at that. I’d rather you went but if it pains you and others so much then why bother. Let the club die a natural death if you must but why try and speed it up because that’s what you are doing.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12487
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Well, this thread has taken a strange turn hasn't it?

Can we get back to the departure of Ryan? if certain forum members wish to depart that is their choice but we don't really need a debate about it.

FWIW I am pretty sad Ryan has gone, always good to see local lads who supported the club as a boy play in the RW&B.
But, as PT has pointed out previously Westerman leaving is the bigger blow, we will do ok next season, there's still some good quality in that squad.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1415
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Problem is that some on here only see it from one perspective. According to them Trinity have pushed him away and declined to sign him.
Has it crossed their mind as to why? I don't know but I rather suspect that Ryan values himself a little bit above what the club can afford.
IF that's correct then the club were right to stand firm.
He's gone (unless he changes his mind, of course!) In my view Gaskell will do the utility job RH was doing last season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The squad as it stands is week I understand the budget situation but on the other hand the youngsters will play a part in the season my concern is injury’s to our pivots 1 6 7 we’ve nobody to cover

176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
176 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1494140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM