JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Tell some of your fellow poster who seem to entirely blame the supporters. We will get what we deserve etc.
It costs nothing to reply to people's e-mails however this appears to be a step too far. They have during their time had problems with the telephone lines, e-mails and have no plan to try to chase up those still to renew. I suppose it could be to save money on the telephone bill.
Those in denial always quote we have no money does anyone actually know what our current position is or are we still basing on the fact that since the first statement we have received no further updates other than they have found some more debts. What debts how much are these only those selling the team know.
I sadly bought my ticket before Smith was sold and the new board took over. I will post something positive when I see it, I am still to do so. If you have anything that would be considered as positive to the other supporters please let me and them know.
I cant help but note you are criticising the supporters please remember the majority are not all as dedicated to the cause as you.

RankPostsTeam
International Star54No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why do some fans feel its right to have ago cos people arnt buying ST.i wont buy one cos there will be no joy i seeing my team getting smashed every week and is that not the reason for going "enjoyment"thats not to say im not a fan though in fact the club could make more out of me cos should by some miracle they start ok ill pay on the day

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I'm not having a go at the supporters. I'm just saying, as a group, we will get what we pay for.
I have been supporting Wakefield Trinity since the mid 70s, as an adult with a awage since the late 80s but the first season ticket I bought was when Glover and Elston took over, as they sold it well.
The reverse applies now so I understand completely why there are less STs being sold.
What I do say though is that buying the season tickets clearly puts the club in a better position. If we don't sell them we will not get a good team. You can't blame the board or Agar for that. It is just basic economics

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

Quote: Kevs Head "Just think about it though. Lets say the club goes t1ts up for the sake of a few thousand people not buying STs. Who is responsible? Is it the people trying to do something about it (whatever you think about them) or is it the "supporters" who didn't buy a season ticket?
I've got lots of better things to do than listen to (or read on here) BS but I just don't get the concept of walking away from Trinity. Board members come and go

well said...no matter how pixxed off we all are , would we rather do something or sit back and let it die . Come on Wakey fans...lets be having you !!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach432
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB18.gif
:cartoons/WB18.gif

Quote: feline "well said...no matter how pixxed off we all are , would we rather do something or sit back and let it die . Come on Wakey fans...lets be having you !!'"

Well said Sue icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1041No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have been in business for 33 years. In that time have had highs and lows. The biggest low was when several major clients went into liquidation within a few weeks of each other. My options were either go bust, let all my suppliers whistle, and take a pre pack, alternatively I could fight for survival and being quite stubborn, I chose the latter.
I contacted every supplier and ring fenced my debts agreeing terms to settle over a period of time but at the same time, agreeing to continue trading with the same people. Only two objected, I paid them off and have never dealt with them since. I also, had to make redundancies and reduce hours where possible and take a hit myself. It is not pleasant and is very stressful. The staff that left found other jobs and I gave them good references. You also have to look at every single operation cost, no matter how small, and look at other suppliers or re-negotiate if possible and get better deals.
All my suppliers respected my openness and action and still work with me 13 years later. These are similar business actions being taken by the BOD. If you cannot be patient, it's tough.
I think they are looking at the long game and have to make new structures and prioritise activity on a daily basis to gain momentum on recovery.
You know that we will have a team on the park next year and that new names will start to appear over the next month. By posting so much negativity, e.g. you bought a packet of crisps in the Cats bar and they were a week out of date, we are making the club look much worse than it hopefully is. At the end of the day, we have had worse, i.e. we have been in administration.
Some of you think you are in the know because you heard something in a bar, 99% of the time it will be crap.
Be patient, nothing you say or do with speculation will change thing if it is negativity.

RankPostsTeam
International Star594No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Fighting talk from Feline and a realistic take on things by Manuel make me feel better anyhow.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1080No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thanks Manuel - a reasoned post from someone with first hand experience of steering a business through troubled times.

Quote: Agent XIII "It is not and never will be the supporters fault. We are the only constant however, we are also human and what gives anyone the right to say if you don't like how things are go support another team. I would also remind you who started the negativity with the statement that we have a black hole and will need to sell. This was after we had sold our principal play maker.
I don't think anyone would go support another team but they must just stop supporting this team which means the same. I have asked how much of the so called black hole have we filled in but it appears to now be a secret.
I look forward to the chairman,s Q&A today if of course it goes ahead and the list of questions he has chosen to answer.
If anyone wants to see a club run badly go down to Belle Vue because they could give lessons.'"

I don't want get in to the "true supporter" argument but part of my definition of a supporter would be someone who is a critical friend ie. offers a balanced view of what's going well and what's not going well AND offers constructive ideas for improvement. You are purely negative and, as you say, totally unable to see anything good being done by the club. Your final sentence sums up your attitude. With friends like you we certainly don't need enemies.
I don't necessarily blame people who don't buy STs for our plight - I just asked the question. You say it's never the supporters' fault so, it must be the people running the club. So, let's take them out of the situation and what have we got?? Answer - zilch, nada, sweet FA. They are trying to do something. What are you doing?
And finally (sorry everyone, I'm ranting) - you've asked the club how much of the "black hole" has been filled in and they haven't responded. Well why the hell should they? If I were in MCs position you're the last person I'd share anything with let alone potentially sensitive commercial information. What would you do with it critical friend???
I don't normally rave so congratulations on that. Loads more I could say but I'll stop there. You've made your point - give it a rest now and get on with supporting the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif
:fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif

MC has sold two overseas and another one has gone to HKR.
Ben Cockayne is off to HKR, for a fee?
Amor has gone to Saints for a fee.
The only one i am disappointed in losing is Amor, as good home grown props are hard to come by but if he wanted to go, you have to cash in.
Seems to me that MC is trying to transfer the overseas before the home grown players.
If some team wants Collis, i would let him go also but as someone has mentioned on a different topic, really good centre but too many niggling injuries to be attractive to teams.

RankPostsTeam
International Star277No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the fact we were able to get money for two overseas players is down to the fact that the buying clubs realise the qualities they possess. I can't believe you would be happy to see Collis go, I know you are desparate but get real.
With regards only looking to offload overseas that would be little comfort to Cowling, Mariano, Kaye and all the other UK players we have released.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: Agent XIII "I think the fact we were able to get money for two overseas players is down to the fact that the buying clubs realise the qualities they possess. I can't believe you would be happy to see Collis go, I know you are desparate but get real.
With regards only looking to offload overseas that would be little comfort to Cowling, Mariano, Kaye and all the other UK players we have released.'"

You are desperate or we are desperate?

RankPostsTeam
International Star2691No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif
:fonds blancs/The%20Elbonians.gif

Quote: Agent XIII "I think the fact we were able to get money for two overseas players is down to the fact that the buying clubs realise the qualities they possess. I can't believe you would be happy to see Collis go, I know you are desparate but get real.
With regards only looking to offload overseas that would be little comfort to Cowling, Mariano, Kaye and all the other UK players we have released.'"

The qualities of the two overseas that we got fees for, were that one was looking to get his career back on track and we took a gamble on him and the other was workhorse and not that spectacular, yet we have managed to get good money for them.
I see Collis like i saw Mariano, a team like Wake can't afford to pay players that only play two thirds of the season.
Collis is a good centre but too injury prone or not playing fully fit.
As for Cowling, hasn't he gone to Halifax to combine his studies?
Has Kaye signed elsewhere?
Who are the other UK players we have released?
I'm not desperate, just a bit of a realist.
You should try it sometime, instead of being a know it all.

RankPostsTeam
International Star277No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: El Rey "You are desperate or we are desperate?'"

Thank you for the correction, I will check my posts more carefully because I wouldn't want to bring the forum into disrepute.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20744
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

It's actually starting to get entertaining to see how you can answer as negatively as possible.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: Agent XIII "Thank you for the correction, I will check my posts more carefully because I wouldn't want to bring the forum into disrepute.'"

Its not the first time you've slipped up, 4/10

137 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
137 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13720703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM