JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jonh "The reality is we have a team who are athletically inferior to the rest in the competition.

We lack pace, agility and strength.

Every team generally runs the same pattens the good teams execute these patterns quickly and at the line and the creative player more often than not picks the right option runner be it out of the back or pick up the line runner.

We execute slowly and more often than not pick the wrong option….which combined with the lack of athleticism is a sure fire recipe for the position in which we find ourselves.

I cannot remember leaving a game and feeling so deflated and accepting of our fate as I was leaving the ground tonight.'"

Sad to see john your normally optimistic

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player151No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well I reckon that's it for us and after 60 years watching Trin I think that's about it for me . Applegarth and Ford need to go back to coaching a college team from whence they came. Absolutely clueless the pair of them . When Mash got the job above Poaching I bet he couldn't get on the phone quick enough to his college buddy . Well they've done really well at turning this once great club into an embarrassment. When he gave lineham the 5 shirt at the beginning proved how he was going to cock it up. I'm really depressed to be making this decision but can't take anymore of this bull. Good luck to all of you that are still going to attend.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5733_1599791508.jpeg
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5733.jpeg

Quote: Luppylad "Sad to see john your normally optimistic'"

The way I see it, it’s like watching a fight to the death when our opposition are armed with an AK47 and we are sent in to compete with a blunt rusty spoon.

I’m not pointing the finger at anyone. Recruitment has killed us. Like most things at Trinity compared to every other club we have been at a disadvantage over our consistent uncertainty of survival compared to our rivals.

We have up till a few years ago managed to pull a few unlikely rabbits out of the hat, but this year we haven’t and that was always going to catch up with us sooner or later and sure enough it has.

I appreciate everyone pays their money and makes their choice but personally I will continue trying to prioritise getting to home matches whilst ever I see effort in the team and I see no reason to stop going and supporting despite how deflating it is because I genuinely think the effort is there.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6821No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: jonh "The way I see it, it’s like watching a fight to the death when our opposition are armed with an AK47 and we are sent in to compete with a blunt rusty spoon.

I’m not pointing the finger at anyone. Recruitment has killed us. Like most things at Trinity compared to every other club we have been at a disadvantage over our consistent uncertainty of survival compared to our rivals.

We have up till a few years ago managed to pull a few unlikely rabbits out of the hat, but this year we haven’t and that was always going to catch up with us sooner or later and sure enough it has.

I appreciate everyone pays their money and makes their choice but personally I will continue trying to prioritise getting to home matches whilst ever I see effort in the team and I see no reason to stop going and supporting despite how deflating it is because I genuinely think the effort is there.'"

This is me John. I will go to home games.

I do think we should fight but equally it may be an idea to take a step back to the championship and have a clean slate on the playing roster.

We have some reliable players over the years but they are older and at the tail end of their careers. We have players we have tied down to long deals but seemingly haven’t found the form that earned them those deals.

I would honestly consider building a strong championship team early for next season. It would be easier to accept that if we were further adrift though. 4 points isn’t insurmountable though…

I would t mind seeing trinity be a big fish in the championship and experience a season of winning a good amount of games. It would bring the fans back too I believe. Unfortunately the slow degradation over last 5 years has taken its toll.

Should we stay up we will be forced to recruit late and likely renewing a number if the current playing squad due to availability etc.

Such a rough choice

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3784No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg
I like toast as much as anyone , but not for breakfast , dinner and tea.:icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Budgiezilla "I'd be dropping Lino for Gale at the first opportunity.'"

Will Gale be cup-tied for the CC game.
He played for Keighley in their loss against Batley.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12491
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

We left at 20-0, just as the North Stand chanted 'You're not fit to wear the shirt'
I don't ever remember leaving BV feeling so flat and empty, it was an awful performance.
I won't be back this season, spent 50 quid and had 6 hours kip to be up for work at 5am this morning, they are
not worth my time, money or effort.
We just need our SL time to be over now, and as quickly as possible.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Captain Dave "Will Gale be cup-tied for the CC game.
He played for Keighley in their loss against Batley.'"

Yep Gale can’t play next week. Applegarth said in his post match presser that he was fit enough to play last night he just went with Smith instead. I guess he’ll be in for the Catalan game.

We also let Rob Butler play in the cup for Bradford so he can’t play next week either.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2120No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
56034_1356885742.png
[b:19e3zrpk]DONT TOUCH THE WATCH[/b:19e3zrpk]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_56034.png

I gave the game a miss last night after finishing late from work. Gave my ST to my mum to go with my dad. Watched it on sky. I’ve never seen an attack look so blunt in my time of watching RL. We are simply flogging a dead horse, apart from a select few, we are either simply not good enough, or possibly don’t care. The first try positioning by Lineham was nothing short of a disgrace. Apparently we look like Australia in training against our bib team, unfortunately we just simply are not good enough. Never mind Gale, we could fly over Nicho Hynes and still not win a game.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It could be said that both Warrington and Hull performed well below their best against us. I believe this is down to the fact that teams probably unconsciously know we have nothing so basically they just go through the motions.

RankPostsTeam
International Star483No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67575_1666348651.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67575.jpg

great rendition of your not fit to wear the shirt, people finally taking off their rose tinted spectacles

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach126
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Every game is the same, nothing changes, he has players that are undropable and it is all players in the middle.

We have no link up to link the left side to the right side when in possession . A ball handling forward could make a difference, not to single one player out as it is most but everytime the ball went to the loose forward it killed the ball/play.

Lino and Smith look as though they are in competition with each other instead of linking up, appreciate Dagger is still fairly new to the team but Jowitt is much better in the attacking line (Some very good defence by Dagger though)

Everything is one man rugby, no attacking plays, no runners on an angle literally pass and run forward 3 meters get tackled amble about thinking about playing the ball and rinse and repeat, zero urgency , zero idea.

Ashurst about the only player to run an angle and shock he just about scores even though that was made to look harder than it should have.
12 games in nothing has changed, every move is predicatable, we are at our worst when 20m from the opposition line, panic, kick, handover, make an error/concede a penalty/6 again, they score game over happens same time every week (60mins).

On a positive it didnt rain

RankPostsTeam
International Star2613
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just been a dumping ground for other S L to get rid of old ,injury prone players over the last 3 or 4 year If you put that with the players, that have gone ok for Wakefield but are way past there best now, such as Lynn ,Ashhurst plus others you can see were we are. It does not matter how many Luke Gales you have on the pitch if you have no pace in the team he will make no difference . Just a slow ,old team, that are a disgrace to a great club

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6821No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: alegend "Just been a dumping ground for other S L to get rid of old ,injury prone players over the last 3 or 4 year If you put that with the players, that have gone ok for Wakefield but are way past there best now, such as Lynn ,Ashhurst plus others you can see were we are. It does not matter how many Luke Gales you have on the pitch if you have no pace in the team he will make no difference . Just a slow ,old team, that are a disgrace to a great club'"

Lynn really aggravates me. Signs a long deal and is only 30 and should be In his prime years! Since he signed his long deal I can’t remember one good game from him. He looks unfit and a shadow on the player 2/3 years ago. He’s only 30 though. I won’t fault Lyne heart though as he loves the club and I like him but I just can’t help thinking we’ve offered some players the security of a good deal and the club aren’t getting the return they should be.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2121No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76816_1582258482.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76816.jpeg

Quote: Trojan Horse "Lynn really aggravates me. Signs a long deal and is only 30 and should be In his prime years! Since he signed his long deal I can’t remember one good game from him. He looks unfit and a shadow on the player 2/3 years ago. He’s only 30 though. I won’t fault Lyne heart though as he loves the club and I like him but I just can’t help thinking we’ve offered some players the security of a good deal and the club aren’t getting the return they should be.'"

Unfortunately that happens so many times not just in lynn’s case, players suddenly putting a shift in weeks before contract negotiations then dropping off and back into easy street ,it really is a minefield keeping players hungry to perform at their max

RankPostsTeam
International Star5219
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The one play that summed up our performance related to a penalty we were awarded on their line. We passed it to a running forward but the referee called it back because he had not blown. We took the tap again and this time we still passed it to the same forward but he was stationary and actually stood about three feet from the play.

131 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
131 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

13.51318359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
just_browny
7m
Tonights match v HKR
just_browny
7m