FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wakefield Trinity > In the morning light ...
16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: Wildthing "Yep, yesterday was a bit of a mess, Saints were red hot, we were poop and it was a big missed chance.

However, one game doesn't make a season, and after 23 rounds we missed 4th place by a small points
difference. It's been a season we didn't dream of in reality and it's not over yet.

Some of the comments on social media last night were embarrassing, how quickly some forget.
I for one am ecstatic how this season has gone so far (on the field) ... bring on the next 7 games!
Good post, wouldn't bother, let the moan fest run it's course - a win next week and the gold fish will have forgotten yesterday.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain14No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20169 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildthing "Yep, yesterday was a bit of a mess, Saints were red hot, we were poop and it was a big missed chance.

However, one game doesn't make a season, and after 23 rounds we missed 4th place by a small points
difference. It's been a season we didn't dream of in reality and it's not over yet.

Some of the comments on social media last night were embarrassing, how quickly some forget.
I for one am ecstatic how this season has gone so far (on the field) ... bring on the next 7 games!
Well said. Says a lot about how far the team has come that people are disappointed at finishing the regular season in 5th spot.

For me, what has been great about this season is not just that we've won the number of games we have, but the manner in which we've done it.....the team have been entertaining to watch but have also shown guts and character when under the cosh - in previous years, results like Wigan away wouldn't have happened, and that's great to see.

Personally, I can't wait for the Super 8s to get started, and for the team to do themselves (and us) proud!

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Beaten by a better side - with a huge contribution from us by way of some dreadful handling and bombed opportunities; I guess there was always that potential when Saints were effectively playing with freedom, and we were playing with a complicated set of permutations about our league position - MC played that down, but there will have been pressure in the camp to deliver.

How much better are Saints sans Cunningham?! Same players - different team; impressive work by the new fella - or sly maneuvering by the players to get shot of him!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10455
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

Quote: Five and last "Well said. Says a lot about how far the team has come that people are disappointed at finishing the regular season in 5th spot.

!'"

I don't think anyone is disappointed in finishing in 5th spot.

The disappointment is the manner of yesterday's defeat as a stand alone game and the extra rewards that were just a grasp away.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20745
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Disappointed we missed our chance to go third but not in any way disappointed with the team.
That's just how sport goes.
I can see Sts making it all the way to Old Trafford.

If we win our next 7 games, or at least some of them, it won't matter where we finished after 23 rounds.

My target at the beginning of the season was to make the 8 and be competitive in the 8s, winning at least 1 game.
Still yet to achieve that but I have every confidence in smashing that objective.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Win or lose, a lot of stuff gets said in the immediate aftermath of any game.
If we win, we are the best team ever and if we lose, the opposite get's said and we all look back and see that it was never quite as bright or, in this case, quite as dark as it appeared at the time.
Yes, we were a long way short of Saint's yesterday bur, we have 7 games left to make our mark on the season.
The most optimistic pre season predictions, had us finishing 6th and some had us down as low as 11 and using this measure, in fact, any measure, Trinity have been fantastic this season.
The Super 8's will be really tough.
Most clubs in there are finding their form and the battle for 3rd and 4th is going to go down to the last round of the season.
The 3 clubs below us, Saints, Wigan and Shudds are all finding decent form and we may end up finishing 7th / 8th.
However, until we cant make it, we should be aiming for a top 4 finish and I will be there cheering the boys along the way and dreaming of a coveted top 4 finish !

Come on Trin !

RankPostsTeam
International Star2010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wrencat1873 "Win or lose, a lot of stuff gets said in the immediate aftermath of any game.
If we win, we are the best team ever and if we lose, the opposite get's said and we all look back and see that it was never quite as bright or, in this case, quite as dark as it appeared at the time.
Yes, we were a long way short of Saint's yesterday bur, we have 7 games left to make our mark on the season.
The most optimistic pre season predictions, had us finishing 6th and some had us down as low as 11 and using this measure, in fact, any measure, Trinity have been fantastic this season.
The Super 8's will be really tough.
Most clubs in there are finding their form and the battle for 3rd and 4th is going to go down to the last round of the season.
The 3 clubs below us, Saints, Wigan and Shudds are all finding decent form and we may end up finishing 7th / 8th.
However, until we cant make it, we should be aiming for a top 4 finish and I will be there cheering the boys along the way and dreaming of a coveted top 4 finish !

Come on Trin !'"

I left it 24hrs to say anything because I was so disappointed by our performance yesterday. But the reality is we can make this a disaster that affects us going into the 8's or we can just see it for what it is; we lost to a good side on the day. Next week, viewed on our whole season, we are perfectly capable of beating any team in the 8, some with more chance than the others, but I think we are capable of 5/7 games wins here which might see us in the semis. Come on Trin!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10455
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2597_1613407166.jpg
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me. WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years" Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015 2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot. 2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son. 2020 - Keeping the faith.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2597.jpg

A lot now depends on the fixture schedule. Saints then Cas will no doubt be what the bods have in mind for us as opening fixtures..

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20745
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I have to say when you see the highlights, we did a lot of good things yesterday. We weren't rubbish.....just not our best.

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: charlie63wildcat "I left it 24hrs to say anything because I was so disappointed by our performance yesterday. But the reality is we can make this a disaster that affects us going into the 8's or we can just see it for what it is; we lost to a good side on the day. Next week, viewed on our whole season, we are perfectly capable of beating any team in the 8, some with more chance than the others, but I think we are capable of 5/7 games wins here which might see us in the semis. Come on Trin!'"

If we get 5/7 wins in the Super 8's we would definitely be in the semi finals. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

Quote: PopTart "I have to say when you see the highlights, we did a lot of good things yesterday. We weren't rubbish.....just not our best.'"

This is exactly it for me, we were good and there were some great individual efforts but for whatever reason, we looked constantly out of ideas and on the back foot. I'd put yesterday in the top 3 worst games of the season, along with Salford in the Cup and Leeds Away. What's odd though is in those games we looked dominated, but yesterday we didn't. Saints were good, but individually no better than us, however they seemed to work far better as a team which is why they always looked to be on the front foot. Yesterday was by no means the end of the season, but it's made the final 7 games much more difficult as we've lost the cushion we'd built up both in points on the table and points difference.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach36072
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10363_1334937642.jpg
SUPPORT SWAG...:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10363.jpg

Quote: PopTart "I have to say when you see the highlights, we did a lot of good things yesterday. We weren't rubbish.....just not our best.'"

Correct, it just wasn't our day - why some people can't accept that is beyond me - it's swings and roundabout yet to some one defeat is a disaster.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10466_1341959799.jpg
[img:34ro2ar1]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/upthecats.gif[/img:34ro2ar1]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10466.jpg

Always a bit disappointing when you go into a game full of hope and one that means so much and come up so short...it wasn't through lack of effort though, just comprehensively beaten by a better team on the day....I also think knowing what we needed to do played a part mentally, especially when on a position of having to chase the game...

It's simple where we lost the game...people can say stats are misleading and sometimes they can be but on this occasion they tell the true story...they made just short of 600 metres more than us in the game and I'd hazard a guess that's the biggest difference against any team all season....our big men down the middle who so often this season have laid the platform were a clear 2nd best....Huby, Walker and Fifita only managed a combined total of 141 metres....Dave usually does that on his own most games...

Because of that we were never on the front foot and never won the ruck all game...

I'm a little concerned for Huby...6 carries for 27 metres is way short of what he's capable of...CC said the other week they were managing him through and I think it's definitely affected his recent performances...hopefully this two week break will be a real benefit for him and he can get back to his brilliant and influential form of most of the season..

It's still been a remarkable season and one no Trinity fan can be disappointed with...we can still have an impact in the super 8's too...the quality is definitely there...maybe now teams will just expect us to drop away which could work in our favour!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have to say I was as upset as anyone by the manner of the defeat - I really thought we'd make a game of it but we blew it. Why? well we were subject of some very questionable decisions and we did blow a couple of chances BUT the real reason is Saints were on fire and have come good at the right time. In reality we couldn't live with them. They were yards quicker than us in attack and defence, but we have a chance to redeem ourselves (IF we get better!) in the play-offs when we meet them again!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6719No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Top six 2005 - Trinity.:

Quote: upthecats "Always a bit disappointing when you go into a game full of hope and one that means so much and come up so short...it wasn't through lack of effort though, just comprehensively beaten by a better team on the day....I also think knowing what we needed to do played a part mentally, especially when on a position of having to chase the game...

It's simple where we lost the game...people can say stats are misleading and sometimes they can be but on this occasion they tell the true story...they made just short of 600 metres more than us in the game and I'd hazard a guess that's the biggest difference against any team all season....our big men down the middle who so often this season have laid the platform were a clear 2nd best....Huby, Walker and Fifita only managed a combined total of 141 metres....Dave usually does that on his own most games...

Because of that we were never on the front foot and never won the ruck all game...

I'm a little concerned for Huby...6 carries for 27 metres is way short of what he's capable of...CC said the other week they were managing him through and I think it's definitely affected his recent performances...hopefully this two week break will be a real benefit for him and he can get back to his brilliant and influential form of most of the season..

It's still been a remarkable season and one no Trinity fan can be disappointed with...we can still have an impact in the super 8's too...the quality is definitely there...maybe now teams will just expect us to drop away which could work in our favour!'"

Agree with most of that. One thing the stats don't show and it's something not many teams have done to our forwards this year was put our forwards on their backs. I could probably count the amount of times we landed on our fronts on one hand. It really slowed us down and went in large ways towards those metres stats. The opposite for saints who landed on their fronts time after time.

16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
16 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.07373046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Eastern Wild
9m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
fuzzylogic22
15m