0510 1520 2530
72289_1398805144.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72289.jpg

So we’re down to the last month of Superleague fixtures

Wakefield Vs Sts
Wakefield Vs Catalan
Leigh Vs Wakefield
Wakefield Vs HKR

I think Applegarth needs to go immediately, it’s way too late but if there’s any chance of it a ‘new coach bounce’, even if it were for just one match, it would probably represent our best chance of getting a win. We’re certainly not going to get a win if we continue as we are with Applegarths selections, tactics and his inability to inspire anything out of the current squad.

If that’s not going to happen, which I don’t think it will, then Applegarth needs to do something radical like picking different players, giving them an opportunity and hoping that those selected will bring some enthusiasm and energy to the team. Even if that’s just to say a big F You to Applegarth for ignoring them all season!
Obviously we’re still limited to the squad we’ve got but there are some options that might help us show some fight.
I wouldn't normally want to throw young players to the wolves but we desperately need some spirit and fight from somewhere. Looks like Lynne and Jowitt are out so enforced changes there anyway.

Dagger, Senior, Croft, Pratt/Law, Franco, Kay, Gale, Fifita, Bowes, Bowden, Tanginoa, Griffin, Whitbread.
Tison, Eseh, Salabio, Atoni

It might backfire or we might discover something but if we don’t make changes to the Coaching and /or the team we are going down with nowt but a whimper!

Castlefords final e fixtures are
Warrington Vs Castleford
Castleford Vs Hull FC
Wigan Vs Castleford
Leeds Vs Castleford

I don’t think they’ll win any of those but as things stand they don’t have to

RankPostsTeam
International Star17951
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: The Avenger "So we’re down to the last month of Superleague fixtures

Wakefield Vs Sts
Wakefield Vs Catalan
Leigh Vs Wakefield
Wakefield Vs HKR

I think Applegarth needs to go immediately, it’s way too late but if there’s any chance of it a ‘new coach bounce’, even if it were for just one match, it would probably represent our best chance of getting a win. We’re certainly not going to get a win if we continue as we are with Applegarths selections, tactics and his inability to inspire anything out of the current squad.

If that’s not going to happen, which I don’t think it will, then Applegarth needs to do something radical like picking different players, giving them an opportunity and hoping that those selected will bring some enthusiasm and energy to the team. Even if that’s just to say a big F You to Applegarth for ignoring them all season!
Obviously we’re still limited to the squad we’ve got but there are some options that might help us show some fight.
I wouldn't normally want to throw young players to the wolves but we desperately need some spirit and fight from somewhere. Looks like Lynne and Jowitt are out so enforced changes there anyway.

Dagger, Senior, Croft, Pratt/Law, Franco, Kay, Gale, Fifita, Bowes, Bowden, Tanginoa, Griffin, Whitbread.
Tison, Eseh, Salabio, Atoni

It might backfire or we might discover something but if we don’t make changes to the Coaching and /or the team we are going down with nowt but a whimper!

Castlefords final e fixtures are
Warrington Vs Castleford
Castleford Vs Hull FC
Wigan Vs Castleford
Leeds Vs Castleford

I don’t think they’ll win any of those but as things stand they don’t have to'"

Although it goes against what we have done previously, we should definitely start with Fifita and try and gain some momentum.
Bringing him on for "impact" when head are already down isnt working.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5284
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

With our points difference we have to win two of those last four games even if Cas don't win again. However I can see Cas beating Leeds, they have done it twice already this season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I’d say Warrington, Hull & Leeds are games that could be described as winnable for Cas. You’d only describe Hull KR as winnable for us. We aren’t catching them, we don’t have it in us. We’re done.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

It's still possible, but I think it's just going to be a slow death.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11887No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

I mean I don’t know how some fans thought Applegarth didn’t deserve the sack after losing the first 17 games, that should’ve been a massive red flag.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2605
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Willzay "I mean I don’t know how some fans thought Applegarth didn’t deserve the sack after losing the first 17 games, that should’ve been a massive red flag.'"

Well that counts me out, I though it was a stupid choice before season started .And sorry to say like a lot of fans on here been proven right .Come on who would have faith in a so called Coach ( who had been on the first team set up the year before ) and thought Gaskell was good enough to be the first choice 6, and do not start me on about Proctor .our main Overseas player ,He looked way past it at the fans forum when he was been interviewed from Australia, in fact it was embarrassing .

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1538
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20178 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00033.gif
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.:disney/00033.gif

Quote: PopTart "It's still possible, but I think it's just going to be a slow death.'"

Nice for you to finally admit what I've been saying all season. If only the 'loyal' fans had held the coach and board to account instead of defending them all season, we might not have found ourselves in this position

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Egg Banjo "Nice for you to finally admit what I've been saying all season. If only the 'loyal' fans had held the coach and board to account instead of defending them all season, we might not have found ourselves in this position'"

Incidentally the Facebook group is kicking off again I see regards John Minards “alleged” late demands made of the Ellis deal. Loyal fans in defence seem to be less and less conspicuous these days.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1412
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20205 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Egg Banjo "Nice for you to finally admit what I've been saying all season. If only the 'loyal' fans had held the coach and board to account instead of defending them all season, we might not have found ourselves in this position'"

How the hell is it anything to do with the supporters?
What a stupid comment!
The supporters don’t pick the coach or say when he goes though many of us would like it to happen!
The coach is ultimately responsible for on the field performances but I’ve said if before a lot of the players need to take a long look at their input - not just now but all the games that we’ve been hammered in.
A lot of them are not fit to be in the first team!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2645No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think your missing the point 131. The supporters should have been more demanding and aski g more question of the board. They Realy have had an easy ride and because of that haven't given the appropriate funds to finance a SL team. They have done absolutely nothing to increase attendances for the last 7 years at least.
The blame for our present position falls clearly on the present owners,

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: BackSeatCoach "Incidentally the Facebook group is kicking off again I see regards John Minards “alleged” late demands made of the Ellis deal. Loyal fans in defence seem to be less and less conspicuous these days.'"

I got fed up trying to educate people that just don't want to be educated.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20710
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg

Quote: BackSeatCoach "Incidentally the Facebook group is kicking off again I see regards John Minards “alleged” late demands made of the Ellis deal. Loyal fans in defence seem to be less and less conspicuous these days.'"

And it's not loyal against not loyal.

It's logical people who listen to the facts against some with agendas and some trouble causers and some who just don't understand and follow a loud voice.

RankPostsTeam
International Star11887No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Where’s the logic in backing a coach that has set so many unwanted records in his first season and is set to relegate his first club in charge?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1041No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Must agree, there’s another thread headed insanity. It does seem very odd that change has been attempted in the squad but the main visible issue, to fans, is the coach. It’s frustrating to say the least.

93 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
93 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.021484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
11m
Salford H
Dave K.
14m