JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Where's everybody gone? Is it the aftermath of Christmas or is there nothing to discuss anymore? Only eighteen posts on this Forum since Thursday and they were all on one thread. OK, there's nothing happening on the ground question and nothing just yet on the playing scene, but it seems that all posters have gone into hibernation for the winter. Even Vastman appears to have developed writer's block. icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

yep truly poor nothing to whinge about,

here's one for you, this teatime I decide to bob on the cas forum just to see how their result was v Fev only to find unrest on a thread titled Not where we want to be,
one or two fans having a gripe at their BOD and some insults being branded about on about wages, seems they aren't happy that they haven't signed anyone and are taking cheap shots at the BOD one of them Mark Grattan who I know, so they aren't even happy when the make a profit and are up in the top 4, will keep an eye on this one could be good popcorn material icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2940
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ah! There is life out there then, Snowie.

Interesting post. The more upset within the club the more unrest could spread to the pitch, and who knows? We might even get a win against them this coming season if it continues. I know one or two Cas fans who have shown anger over the fact that they have made no signings.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Redscat "Ah! There is life out there then, Snowie.

Interesting post. The more upset within the club the more unrest could spread to the pitch, and who knows? We might even get a win against them this coming season if it continues. I know one or two Cas fans who have shown anger over the fact that they have made no signings.'"
I think they are getting frustrated about the stadium as it was odds on it was going to happen, they do have so metal containers there and some banners up
we've been there our selves and have learned is never going to happen with Box there at the helm, they are now starting to blame the BOD but I think the team will be able to keep their nerve if not the fans, if we beat them in the first game then maybe the tide will turn

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3656
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

Been really busy at work and in my home life in recent weeks, so not had a great deal of time, and the few times I have been one, people had already said pretty much what I was thinking anyway, so didn't really seem to be much point.

I didn't comment on the Boxing Day game, as I was away for Christmas and didn't see it, and find it difficult to comment or offer a viewpoint if I wasn't there.

Hope all other members have had a good Christmas, and Happy New Year to all

Unfortunately, for personal reasons, rugby league has been way off the agenda for much of 2018, but really looking forward to next season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5762
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

We haven't got much to whinge about so it's always quieter under those circumstances. people are posting but just not the same amount of posts because apart from Boxing day and a post on VT about ours and Cas' grounds that someone started icon_rolleyes.gif there isn't really much to talk about till the season gets closer mate.

Anyway, hope you had a good Xmas EW and have a smashing New Year bud. icon_cheers.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1319No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I am here ! its been 40 degrees here this Christmas so so hot!

looking forward to the season ahead and the banter on this forum

only 5 weeks to go to game 1!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2940
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

That must be a record temperature for Glasshoughton, BOJO icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17952
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: Redscat "That must be a record temperature for Glasshoughton, BOJO

He's talking fahrenheit icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3728No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowie "yep truly poor nothing to whinge about,

here's one for you, this teatime I decide to bob on the cas forum just to see how their result was v Fev only to find unrest on a thread titled Not where we want to be,
one or two fans having a gripe at their BOD and some insults being branded about on about wages, seems they aren't happy that they haven't signed anyone and are taking cheap shots at the BOD one of them Mark Grattan who I know, so they aren't even happy when the make a profit and are up in the top 4, will keep an eye on this one could be good popcorn material They will be apoplectic when they find out in the new year that their new stadium isn't happening and Wakey Council are giving us a significant amount of brass up front to buy Belle Vue and get started on the refurb! Now that will be good viewing!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach5284
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10236.jpg
:10236.jpg

Quote: Sacred Cow "They will be apoplectic when they find out in the new year that their new stadium isn't happening and Wakey Council are giving us a significant amount of brass up front to buy Belle Vue and get started on the refurb! Now that will be good viewing!'"

Well that statement has certainly brought a few of us to life, Redscat will be pleased.

I have heard bits of rumours floating around that also suggest this but lets not get too excited.

First of all Box will not see Cas loose out he will make sure of one thing, they will come out better than us.

However, Box is still running our shambolic council and the only money they will part with is from that mysterious account that gave both clubs £2M in the past. It must be true because Box told us all on the radio. In fact it reminds me of that scissors sister track "You can't see ti its on the radio" When Box is on you can certainly hear one speaking.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2488
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Prince Buster "Well that statement has certainly brought a few of us to life, Redscat will be pleased.

I have heard bits of rumours floating around that also suggest this but lets not get too excited.

First of all Box will not see Cas loose out he will make sure of one thing, they will come out better than us.

However, Box is still running our shambolic council and the only money they will part with is from that mysterious account that gave both clubs £2M in the past. It must be true because Box told us all on the radio. In fact it reminds me of that scissors sister track "You can't see ti its on the radio" When Box is on you can certainly hear one speaking.'"

First of all why do so many threads turn to Cas v Wakey fests? icon_confused.gif Think this probably deserves its own thread as there is so much to answer but I'll just say what i know about this mate as its nearing midnight and I have loads of ugly old women to kiss. AFAIK it was 3 clubs (Fev the other) but money was never promised. They were offered/gifted/loaned land to the value of £2million to borrow money against. The land for Cas was at the back of Cas baths (sports fields, so green belt) I don't know where yours or Fev's was but Cas declined the offer. No details were ever explained but what I did question was what would happen in default, ie, Cas borrow £2million against the land but don't pay it back. Who do the money lenders come after, Cas or WMDC. Or do they take the green belt land that was offered as security. I'll try and respond to some of the other stuff tomorrow as best I can. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star2488
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: snowie "yep truly poor nothing to whinge about,

here's one for you, this teatime I decide to bob on the cas forum] just to see how their result was v Fev only to find unrest on a thread titled Not where we want to be,
one or two fans having a gripe at their BOD and some insults being branded about on about wages, seems they aren't happy that they haven't signed anyone and are taking cheap shots at the BOD one of them Mark Grattan who I know, so they aren't even happy when the make a profit and are up in the top 4, will keep an eye on this one could be good popcorn material
icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Shouldn't that be every tea time. Obsessed. icon_wink.gif
I think you have probably guessed the main protaganists are disgruntled share holders who have had their noses put out of joint but some of their complaints do seem justified.
Any way all the very best to you and your family and every one else on here be the friend or foe. icon_cheers.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2940
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Although you're a Cas fan NGB4W, I've never had any grudge against you. You tend to usually put your points fairly and honestly. So happy new year to you and all others on this site!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5762
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46978_1481681744.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46978.jpg

Quote: newgroundb4wakey "First of all why do so many threads turn to Cas v Wakey fests? 5.0234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Sheffield A
Wigan Bull
2m
Film game
Wanderer
4m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer