JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
429_1611864074.jpg
//www.little-leon.blogspot.com Help spread awareness of CHD.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_429.jpg

The regular instance of these is of some concern, Very poor business management, I know people keep saying there is underlying reasons, but for these to end up with Judgements is a worrying trend, There hase to be more to it than simple cash flow.

08/04/2013 NORTHAMPTON CCMCC £4,231 Judgement 3YK06239

I hope that some-one at the club realises the negative image this portrays, and wend Licensing comes around again, it doesn't really show that the club is on a "sound financial" footing.

Oh well...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2020Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Glover spends more than this on beer in a week. get over it. the only negative image portrayed comes from someone like you putting it on here in public.
Why don't you go full tilt and put a claim in yourself? all you have to do is go on a website and fill it in then there is more bad press for wakefield. you could claim for wasting your time and ours having to read your pathetic posts.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman580
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
429_1611864074.jpg
//www.little-leon.blogspot.com Help spread awareness of CHD.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_429.jpg

Quote: Trebor "Glover spends more than this on beer in a week. get over it. the only negative image portrayed comes from someone like you putting it on here in public.
Why don't you go full tilt and put a claim in yourself? all you have to do is go on a website and fill it in then there is more bad press for wakefield. you could claim for wasting your time and ours having to read your pathetic posts.'"

Bit uncalled for.... Forgive me for airing my Concerns on a forum.

Pathetic attitude

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12486
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Have to say I can't see what good is does putting it on here?

While agreed its a negative image to portray, sharing it on here doesn't help either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Trebor "Glover spends more than this on beer in a week. get over it. the only negative image portrayed comes from someone like you putting it on here in public.
Why don't you go full tilt and put a claim in yourself? all you have to do is go on a website and fill it in then there is more bad press for wakefield. you could claim for wasting your time and ours having to read your pathetic posts.'"

Its already public information
Your attempt to simplify the ccj process and how it ends up as public info just shows how clueless you are on the subject.
Weve heard all the excuses,but bottom line is,its an appalling way to run a business.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2990
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildthing "Have to say I can't see what good is does putting it on here?

While agreed its a negative image to portray, sharing it on here doesn't help either.'"

Sort of see were you are coming from....

When i originally posted info many months ago,i hoped it would "encourage"the club to sort these issues out,that was after already having a word in private.
However it seems the club are content to deal with these issues there own way,so be it.It makes no commercial sense at all.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman580
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
429_1611864074.jpg

Quote: Wildthing "Have to say I can't see what good is does putting it on here?

While agreed its a negative image to portray, sharing it on here doesn't help either.'"

Fair point, but It was only matter of time before someone else did, I certain don't think it warranted the abusive reply though.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12486
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2358_1651040874.jpg
Wakefield TRINITY:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2358.jpg

Quote: Dreadnaught "Fair point, but It was only matter of time before someone else did, I certain don't think it warranted the abusive reply though.'"

It was a bit harsh, maybe emotions are running a bit high.

Together we are stronger? icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13696
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Same company? If so its obviously a dispute.

RankPostsTeam
International Star483No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So far off the mark it is untrue. If anything the club should be more open about things and maybe we could help.

If they don't want the bad press that CCJ's bring they could run the business in a way that doesn't run them up in first place. Sorry to say it but things haven't really changed too much from the last lot when it comes to bill paying. I will say though that the Eric France situation was a kick right where it hurts and cost the club a lot of money but the problems had started before then. Glover is putting his own money in to keep things going but this cannot happen forever, we need some other financial help and the sooner the better. There is also a court case against Macron to pay for, which in my opinion there isn't a hope in hell of winning.

In the meantime if you were planning on buying some merchandise buy it now. Get a programme on sunday, buy a beer and a burger. They sold cheap memberships but thanks to EF going bust there is now a hole in the cash flow that needs filling. If you can afford it, spend it because they need you to. Bring a friend to the game, buy a shirt, whatever, just support the team now otherwise finances will have to be raised some other way and i'm sure we have some players that other teams would be interested in.

The RFL are changing the criteria for licencing next time around. Much less emphasis will be placed on stadia and a lot more on financial governence. A ten team superleague is coming to get rid of the weak and unless these debts are paid it will count against us big time, we will end up in a second tier of ten also-rans. They may re-introduce P&R but only with strict criteria in place which few clubs outside that top ten will be able to meet in their current form. I expect you've noticed that all of a sudden the talk in the media of groundshares has turned to talk of mergers, well that isn't coincidence. It is an underlying policy and still the ideal scenario for the RFL. The will NOT be two teams from the Wakefield area in the top teir of superleague come 2015. If it is to be Wakefield then we have to be squeaky clean come assessment time and the CCJ issue is not going to be helpful.

The sight of Newmarket on the horizon will help but the application will be based on a speculative business plan which will hold less creedence than teams who already play in stadiums that have the ability to pay their way 365 days a year. And despite the rhetoric coming from the club and SWAG we will not be playing in NM until 2016 at the earliest. The whole process has taken way too long for any ealrlier to be possible i'm afraid and whilst it is vital to get everything correct and gett he best deal possible the delays have not helped the clubs cause. To have any slim chance of being in 'on time' the buliding of the B8 units would have to start within a couple of months as they are to be built first. That obviously isn't going to happen so we will be delayed in moving, which makes having a watertight business imperative. Right now we have sprung a small leak, we need to fix that up asap before it gets worse.

TRB
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10926
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2021Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15993_1515231183.jpeg
[color=#400000:2dasnjxb]"Wakefields Sporting Crusader"[/color:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#FF0000:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Stadium for Wakefield campaign, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://www.swag-online.co.uk[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb] [b:2dasnjxb][color=#0000FF:2dasnjxb]For the latest details on the Supporters Trust, log onto [url:2dasnjxb]http://wakefield.rlfans.com[/url:2dasnjxb][/color:2dasnjxb][/b:2dasnjxb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15993.jpeg

Quote: sixtogo "So far off the mark it is untrue. If anything the club should be more open about things and maybe we could help.

If they don't want the bad press that CCJ's bring they could run the business in a way that doesn't run them up in first place. Sorry to say it but things haven't really changed too much from the last lot when it comes to bill paying. I will say though that the Eric France situation was a kick right where it hurts and cost the club a lot of money but the problems had started before then. Glover is putting his own money in to keep things going but this cannot happen forever, we need some other financial help and the sooner the better. There is also a court case against Macron to pay for, which in my opinion there isn't a hope in hell of winning.

In the meantime if you were planning on buying some merchandise buy it now. Get a programme on sunday, buy a beer and a burger. They sold cheap memberships but thanks to EF going bust there is now a hole in the cash flow that needs filling. If you can afford it, spend it because they need you to. Bring a friend to the game, buy a shirt, whatever, just support the team now otherwise finances will have to be raised some other way and i'm sure we have some players that other teams would be interested in.

The RFL are changing the criteria for licencing next time around. Much less emphasis will be placed on stadia and a lot more on financial governence. A ten team superleague is coming to get rid of the weak and unless these debts are paid it will count against us big time, we will end up in a second tier of ten also-rans. They may re-introduce P&R but only with strict criteria in place which few clubs outside that top ten will be able to meet in their current form. I expect you've noticed that all of a sudden the talk in the media of groundshares has turned to talk of mergers, well that isn't coincidence. It is an underlying policy and still the ideal scenario for the RFL. The will NOT be two teams from the Wakefield area in the top teir of superleague come 2015. If it is to be Wakefield then we have to be squeaky clean come assessment time and the CCJ issue is not going to be helpful.

The sight of Newmarket on the horizon will help but the application will be based on a speculative business plan which will hold less creedence than teams who already play in stadiums that have the ability to pay their way 365 days a year. And despite the rhetoric coming from the club and SWAG we will not be playing in NM until 2016 at the earliest. The whole process has taken way too long for any ealrlier to be possible i'm afraid and whilst it is vital to get everything correct and gett he best deal possible the delays have not helped the clubs cause. To have any slim chance of being in 'on time' the buliding of the B8 units would have to start within a couple of months as they are to be built first. That obviously isn't going to happen so we will be delayed in moving, which makes having a watertight business imperative. Right now we have sprung a small leak, we need to fix that up asap before it gets worse.'"

That bit isn't true - they don't have to have been built. It might say that as a fall-back position, but it's not how it will work. Everyone is still working towards 2015

As for 10 teams - there is an awful lot of water to flow under that bridge first.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20713
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

Quote: sixtogo "So far off the mark it is untrue. If anything the club should be more open about things and maybe we could help.

snip
.'"

You've made a lot of assumptions in the piece I snipped out but in relation to the first bit, how exactly do you think we can help with this?

Unless you are just going to give them money, which you could do whether they are in difficulty or not, I would suggest they know the history of this so are better placed to know whether to challenge a payment or even whether they have the cash flow to do so.

In my opinion, the club are worlds more open that at any time in the club's history. You may not find out everything you personally want to know but to say they are not open is quite off target.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Interesting article about the state of the game from the usually positve and upbeat Phil Clarke.

rlhttp://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,12532_8630836,00.htmlrl

RankPostsTeam
International Star483No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TRB "That bit isn't true - they don't have to have been built. It might say that as a fall-back position, but it's not how it will work. Everyone is still working towards 2015

As for 10 teams - there is an awful lot of water to flow under that bridge first.'"

We'll see. Best case scenario I can see is that contracts are signed they will be being built at he same time. Even so being in for the start of 2015 is unlikely and a mid-season move not ideal.

As for the second point yes there is a lot of water to go under the bridge, mainly the next TV deal. The RFL are pinning their hopes on a successful world cup, but it it a risk. But trust me there has been a lot of water already gone under that bridge and there is a major case of the big boys looking after number one going on.

Quote: TRB "
Quote: TRB "So far off the mark it is untrue. If anything the club should be more open about things and maybe we could help.

snip
.'"

You've made a lot of assumptions in the piece I snipped out but in relation to the first bit, how exactly do you think we can help with this?

Unless you are just going to give them money, which you could do whether they are in difficulty or not, I would suggest they know the history of this so are better placed to know whether to challenge a payment or even whether they have the cash flow to do so.

In my opinion, the club are worlds more open that at any time in the club's history. You may not find out everything you personally want to know but to say they are not open is quite off target.'"

Not assumptions mate, but informed opinion. Things are not as rosy as some would like you to believe.

As for how we could help with this then I feel the club should open up a share offer to the supporters trust in return for a place on the board. This would help clear some of the CCJ's at least by bring new money into the club. The trust could fund raise to aquire the finance and the fans would truly have an insight into what was going on and a say in how things should be run. They could also tap into the expertise of some of the fans who whould be willing to help in areas that the club is short in. But it seems they would rather keep everything in house and in my opinion that is exactly like the last regime carried out their business and we all know what happened there. If the club is serious about being open with fans and in it together then show it otherwise they will have to put up with the criticism when things like CCJ's stack up.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16551_1431692096.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16551.jpg

Quote: TRB "That bit isn't true - they don't have to have been built. It might say that as a fall-back position, but it's not how it will work. Everyone is still working towards 2015

As for 10 teams - there is an awful lot of water to flow under that bridge first.'"

Out of interest, and it depends on what we end up with I suppose, what is the build time for the stadium?

51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2939453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
14m
FRENCH
nikos
16m