JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

I tried to use the western terrace turnstyle yesterday to enter the gound (used it all season) only to be told "no chance away fans only" so i used ther north stand.
Stood all the game with some FC fans in the northstand (good bunch and enjoyed their company) only to find when we left we had to again use the northstand turnstyle and walk round to the car (parked near west stand)
Added to this the lady folk with us were refused access to the toilet block at the bottom of the stairs on the west terrace.

I'm also sure the guys who use the west terrace this season and for many years are not very happy.

Think the club should tell fans through facebook/twitter/wakey express/website or even on here before changing the rules at the drop of a hat.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2286No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Was also refused. Think the north stand and east terrace is a rubbish view for me. If this continues may have an impact on my season ticket for next year. I don't go to games to be told where to stand. If it was all seater I would be ok a more than likely would be able to see anywhere on the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Squadbuilder.........building a squad together:

loads of fans were complaining about this. Wakey fans were wanting to get from the North stand along the west terrace either to view the game from the bottom of West stand or to get to & from the bar under the hospitality. They were being stopped from doing so, and having to walk all the way round , I know at least 2 of these fans were player sponsors . Fans have been told we can go anywhere in the ground and many bought season tickets on the strength they could stand on the Western terrace and have never been told they cannot now stand there . Fans are now being treated like animals . Fans as the poster says were also prevented from going out of the side gate to get to their cars and had to go out behind the main stand whilst the Hull fans were going out the West exit. Joke is all the fans were then passing each other directly outside the ground. three hull fans stood for with their wakey friends in the North stand for 55 minutes only to be then told they should not be stood there and have to move . Its alll madness .

RankPostsTeam
International Star17933
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: feline "loads of fans were complaining about this. Wakey fans were wanting to get from the North stand along the west terrace either to view the game from the bottom of West stand or to get to & from the bar under the hospitality. They were being stopped from doing so, and having to walk all the way round , I know at least 2 of these fans were player sponsors . Fans have been told we can go anywhere in the ground and many bought season tickets on the strength they could stand on the Western terrace and have never been told they cannot now stand there . Fans are now being treated like animals . Fans as the poster says were also prevented from going out of the side gate to get to their cars and had to go out behind the main stand whilst the Hull fans were going out the West exit. Joke is all the fans were then passing each other directly outside the ground. three hull fans stood for with their wakey friends in the North stand for 55 minutes only to be then told they should not be stood there and have to move . Its alll madness .'"

Exactly the same experience for us Feline.
Tried to enter the ground using the turnstiles on the Western Terrace and then go for a pint in the bar at the bottom of the flats, as we have done for years, including all of this season.
After being refused entry with a season ticket, walked round to the north stand and then walked down the western terrace and went to the bar as usual.
A couple of the lads weren't allowed to access the bar via the western terrace and had to walk all round the ground to get to the flats.

Although it may be easier for the stewards to police fans within the ground by using this form of segregation, there are certainly issues after the match when supporters try and return to their cars etc.
We are being herded like cattle and if you treat people like animals, they will start to behave like them.

Of course there were problems at the Cas game last season, brought about by trying to segregate the north stand and this game may need special treatment in future but, there has been no problem in the past with other visiting teams and a different solution needs to be found.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1320
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15377_1692752169.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15377.jpg

That would explain why the west stand was so empty then!

Remember though, they are only doing it for our own safety, trying to avoid conflict with opposing fans. It's certainly been far more relaxed in the north stand since saying it's for home fans only and haven't we been saying we should all stand together for years anyway?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thought the stewarding was excellent yesterday atmosphere in north stand is getting better and better without fear of it trouble and at last we have a proper home area at our home ground like every other SL team has. Maybe when playing teams with big away support the club should announce west terrace is home only and access to the bar via east side only. For me the spectator experience at Belle Vue is better than ever

RankPostsTeam
International Star223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Disgusting to treat season ticket holders and others like this. Some people have stood there for decades. The new cow shed was empty save for about a dozen people all game as well, and I'm sure that the concessions seller there would be none too pleased either.

Sort it out Glover/Elston and remember that fans are here for life and owners and CEOs are just transitory. I stood I front of the north stand first half and there were massive open spaces, then swapped to the flats and had no issue getting a spot, but yet we're expected to believe that the ground was within a couple if thousand of capacity - pull the other one.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator20472
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41119.jpg
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha:41119.jpg

I assume when there is trouble in these areas, the same people will be calling for Elston/Glover to fix that too?
Times have unfortunately changed. We have more and more threads on here discussing issues with away fans (and our own) albeit sporadic and not the norm.
The singing and generation of an "intimidating stadium" as many have called for, also generates the same intimidation for the supporters who just want to stand quietly and watch the game.

I hate the fact that we could be going to a segregated stadium. At one point or other over the years I have sat and or stood in every part of the ground.
I'd move to a different place if it meant the crowd was not intimidating (assuming I still had a view of the pitch)............but you can't have it both ways.

If you want loud singing that includes taunting or "banter" as some call it with opposition fans, then it's likely we'll either get trouble or segregation.

Be careful what you wish for.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5086No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2022Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14911_1666773367.jpg
[b:3diuzizv][color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]WAKEFIELD[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]TRINITY[/color:3diuzizv] - [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]The[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]PRIDE[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]of[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#0000FF:3diuzizv]Sporting[/color:3diuzizv] [color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]Wakefield[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv] [b:3diuzizv][color=#FF0000:3diuzizv]THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS[/color:3diuzizv][/b:3diuzizv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14911.jpg

rlSpectator Informationrl

Quote: "This positive change will also enable home supporters to congregate in the Fleetmaster North Stand and Eric France East Stand where they can cheer on the Wildcats in Super League XVIII, although home fans who have traditionally stood in the Western Terrace will not be prevented from doing so. '"

Really???

Yesterday we stood in the Fleetmaster North Stand for the 1st half and then tried to go down to the SouthWest Corner for the 2nd half, same as my friends and I have done for 20+ years. Got to the Tea bar and were told by stewards that we could not get through that way and had to walk all the way round the ground, in front of East stand and round back of hospitality. A bit annoyed but we did this anyway only to get to the SouthWest corner to be told by the stewards there that we could not get into the West stand at all and we had to go back.

If you are going to change this then at least let fans know beforehand, or even get the stewards to give people full info. No good one set telling us we could get into West stand but only if we walked all way round ground, for others to then refuse entry at the other end.

icon_stupid.gif icon_frustrated.gif icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17287.jpg
:17287.jpg

Think it will hurt you in the long run,been going to see Hull at your ground for years,no problems,but yesterday paid 22 pound to see 75% of the match,the worst view at a match I've had,will not be going again,treated like Cattle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7400
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

It was a disgrace, we were treated like hooligans, all the head moron who threw us out of the West stand could say was that it was for our own safety, we've stood there 20yrs and never caused an ounce of trouble! It's always been the case as I understand it that the North stand is exclusively for home fans and away fans in the west stand, but home fans were allowed anywhere in the ground! Not yesterday! My brother takes his four year old with him, he enjoys playing at the back of the covered stand on the western terrace, it's not the ideal place in the North stand for a hyperactive four year old.The club will be getting my mail ASAP.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9974
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43457_1320063455.jpg
READ THE AUP: //forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=438945&tsmp=1381997916:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43457.jpg

We were stopped from going to the Cats bar down the west terrace by four stewards.
I asked why and they claimed also it was for our safety!!!
They were fine bye the way, and tried to explain as best they could that it was a new rule.
Ok it wasn't a massive bind for us to walk round the back of the east stand, but it would be nice to have been informed by the club fully in the first instance.
It's not the first time that stewards have informed us of new rules wether in the ground or queuing to get in, and much of it looks like the stewards making it up as they go on.
I'm all for a safe ground, I don't agree with the segregation and fortunately the stewards are very hit and miss about it and we have stood with decent away fans at most home games this season, but it would be nice for full qualification for what seems to be a patchy policy by the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star223No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I was allowed to walk down the west terrace to the flats at half time, I simply didn't make eye contact with the stewards and through I went.

It's worth nothing that when the sun shines on the west terrace it's from behind you so you don't have to stand shielding your eyes. An the vantage point is much better than the east too.

There was prettying zero atmosphere yesterday, sure we didn't play well but I wonder whether this stupid and pointless segregation detracts from he atmosphere.

We neither need or want this rubbish, I doubt Elston has ever really stood on the terraces for any length of time and we know Glover hasn't. In business it's good to know your customers and its clear that at the moment these two are getting it badly wrong on his issue.

Sort it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7400
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Anyone got an E mail address for James Elston and Andrew Glover? Want to mail them but can't do it through the official site, seems to be down this morning.

RankPostsTeam
International Star453No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I want to add my support FOR the segregation. Much less threatening atmosphere now - this from someone in the older age range whos stands on their own.

356 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
356 posts in 25 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.029296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Planning for next season
Lower Crease
17m
WHO IS NEXT
Exeter Rhino
21m