Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Taken from the official site:
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats wish to make the following statement following last night’s game against Castleford Tigers.

The Club would like to thank the vast majority of supporters from both clubs who helped generate a fantastic atmosphere at the game and their behaviour was befitting of a sport and a Club that prides itself on being family friendly.

The Club are aware of and are investigating a small number of incidents that occurred involving a minority of individuals at last night’s game and will take the appropriate action if necessary once the investigations have been concluded.

Wakefield Wildcats take a zero tolerance approach to foul and abusive language and unacceptable behaviour and will not hesitate to ban individuals who are found to be guilty of this.

If any supporters witnessed any incidents that they feel need bringing to the Clubs attention then please e-mail info@wakefieldwildcats.co.uk and mark your e-mail with the subject ‘Wakefield vs. Castleford’.

The Club also wish to remind supporters of the ‘Tackle It’ number which they can text on a matchday if they hear or witness anything that they deem to be unacceptable.

Simply text 07747554470 with what you have seen or heard and where in the stadium it has taken place, or inform the nearest steward.
Taken from the official site:
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats wish to make the following statement following last night’s game against Castleford Tigers.

The Club would like to thank the vast majority of supporters from both clubs who helped generate a fantastic atmosphere at the game and their behaviour was befitting of a sport and a Club that prides itself on being family friendly.

The Club are aware of and are investigating a small number of incidents that occurred involving a minority of individuals at last night’s game and will take the appropriate action if necessary once the investigations have been concluded.

Wakefield Wildcats take a zero tolerance approach to foul and abusive language and unacceptable behaviour and will not hesitate to ban individuals who are found to be guilty of this.

If any supporters witnessed any incidents that they feel need bringing to the Clubs attention then please e-mail info@wakefieldwildcats.co.uk and mark your e-mail with the subject ‘Wakefield vs. Castleford’.

The Club also wish to remind supporters of the ‘Tackle It’ number which they can text on a matchday if they hear or witness anything that they deem to be unacceptable.

Simply text 07747554470 with what you have seen or heard and where in the stadium it has taken place, or inform the nearest steward.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2188No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23939_1303487603.png
[url=http://www.southwestrugbyleague.com:p1ezaz90][img:p1ezaz90]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/9530/swrl.gif[/img:p1ezaz90][/url:p1ezaz90] South West Rugby League - Join us on [url=http://www.facebook.com/southwestrl:p1ezaz90]Facebook[/url:p1ezaz90] Follow us on [url=http://twitter.com/SouthWestRL:p1ezaz90]Twitter[/url:p1ezaz90] [url=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristol-Bid-RLWC-2013/211448588873451:p1ezaz90][b:p1ezaz90]the 2013 Rugby League World Cup is coming to BRISTOL![/b:p1ezaz90][/url:p1ezaz90]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23939.png

Good of the club to not sweep it under the carpet (I didn't think they would, but still).

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I hope everyone who saw something whether they think it to be of little significance of not informs the club because if we do not stand up individually and collective as fans of our club then this will continue to happen and ruin all the hard work many have put in to WTW. We all want an enjoyible friendly day at BV and it's up to us to ensure we let the club know when people tarnish the WTW name.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8962
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10751_1297625775.jpg
Fed up of these rollercoaster rides!!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10751.jpg

Where does it say Richard agar has re-signed????

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can only comment on what I've read on here from fans who I know have attended regularly for many years, but when these people describe the situation as akin to being in the middle of World War 3, then it doesn't sound like "a small number of incidents" to me.

I was shocked, embarrassed, and saddened by what I read last night, and expect the club to make every effort to identify and ban the culprits. This isn't the Wakefield Trinity I grew up supporting, and if it's the future, I want no part of it.

J.T
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7494No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3662_1306065880.jpg
[quote="EmmaMur01"]I hope they get relegated. Their fans are idiots.[/quote] [quote="vastman"] honest to god your like a big and not very bright child. [/quote] [quote="'Hitman' Norvern Soul"] You are a sprawling urban metropolis that was once one of Europe's major cities.[/quote] BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3662.jpg

Quote: RebelRebel "I can only comment on what I've read on here from fans who I know have attended regularly for many years, but when these people describe the situation as akin to being in the middle of World War 3, then it doesn't sound like "a small number of incidents" to me.

I was shocked, embarrassed, and saddened by what I read last night, and expect the club to make every effort to identify and ban the culprits. This isn't the Wakefield Trinity I grew up supporting, and if it's the future, I want no part of it.'"

It was one fairly large and long running incident where we were stood that escalated as time went on. A major concern is that beer was still being served to these people despite the rising tension and continued throwing of drinks. Not sure what good emailing the club will do as I didn't know any of the people involved so how that will help them I have no idea. All in all I thought the stewards did a cracking job and the police should have been called a lot earlier than they were.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2258
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65068_1324055672.jpg
What's pink & hard first thing in the morning? The financial time crossword [url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/864/pinkhards.jpg/:39bjthd5][img:39bjthd5]http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5724/pinkhards.jpg[/img:39bjthd5][/url:39bjthd5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65068.jpg

Well glad they are looking to be proactive over the events of last night although it does look more like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted.
This has been the first big PR mistake by the club since AG took over IMO

Quote: Wakefield No 1 "Where does it say Richard agar has re-signed????'"

Re-signed? are they giving him another 3years? icon_wink.gif

or do you mean resigned? eusa_whistle.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star808No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2013Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
61486_1316533274.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_61486.jpg

If everyone using foul and abusive language got banned from Belle Vue, we would lose at least 50% of the crowd, there were at least 20 fans within 5 metres radius of me shouting at Smith and Southern to F off back to Australia you useless pieces of S. Funnily enough they have a point.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach27039No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17219_1385659818.jpg
onetiger = half a cabbage The night is dark and full of terrors. Winter is coming.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17219.jpg

Quote: Trinity Till Death "I hope everyone who saw something whether they think it to be of little significance of not informs the club because if we do not stand up individually and collective as fans of our club then this will continue to happen and ruin all the hard work many have put in to WTW. We all want an enjoyible friendly day at BV and it's up to us to ensure we let the club know when people tarnish the WTW name.'"

Exactly right, i saw a fair few get frog marched out but could not see who carried on causing trouble, otherwise i would love to blob them in.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach506No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26621.gif
:26621.gif

Not good last night on a few fronts:

I was standing right beside the trouble in the middle section of the North Stand - right at the back. We got to the ground early ( 6.15 ) because we were expecting a large turnout and we wanted to get a decent spot. Not many Cas fans there when we arrived and the ones that were there stood in the far corner where they had been asked to. As kick off got nearer more and more visiting fans began spreading further across and before long had taken half of the stand. Chav corner and the West terrace took a while to fill up as did the East stand. Seems most wanted to take advantage of the new roof - new atmosphere. From my point of view the whole atmosphere changed when the Cas fans started chanting 'we'll stand where we want'. All of a sudden I just got a gut feeling something would happen. More and more chants and singing, all harmless, until the game actually started. Certain Wakefield fans began congregating towards the middle of the stand whilst on the other side the Cas fans were doing exactly the same. There cant of been more than 3/4 stewards then initially but within 5 mins there were another 10 or so forming a line between the fans. More chants, more singing until the opening try. I cant honestly remember which side threw the first bottle but what I do know is both sides were throwing as much as the other. Plastic bottles, plastic pint pots......whatever......its just wrong. Neither side can come out of this well. Our so called supporters were trying to get through the stewards line to reach the Cas fans whilst they were just stood yards away goading and inviting trouble. The stewards were fantastic and had it not been for them the scenes would have been horrendous. Thats a fact. Our group of 8 stayed and refused to move until one of our party was hit with a bottle and about 10 mins into the second half a glass or bottle was thrown into the roof above the Wakefield fans and shattered glass fell down over a number of people. At this point it was a no brainer and we moved away before calling it a night with still 20 mins left on the clock. It was more like a scene from the bad old days in the 80's when football hooligans would have a tear up. Nothing ive ever seen before at Belle Vue since started going over25 years ago.

This City is ours slogan is harmless. If people think this is a cause of the problem - get real.

Lets go North is a fantastic idea. The atmosphere before and just after kick off was superb. But it HAS to be 100% Wakefield fans only in that stand. Segregation is a must and we have to follow the ways of other clubs and keep opposing fans apart. Im not having this 'Rugby League Family' and its a family game etc etc. It might of been years ago but it certainly isnt anymore. Yes - its a shame but times change and unfortunately Rugby League has also changed on and off the park. Keep the away fans down either side. If chav corner is becoming an issue give the Western terrace to the away sides and let the home fans stand togther behind the sticks !

The club are really trying to turn things around and the past few months have been better than the last 10 years. In hindsight, we could have done things differently last night and I have no doubt that major lessons have been learnt but lets move on now. We cant change what happened but we can prevent them from happening again. Deal with the issues from last night and put it to bed. Get the right things in place for the visit of Salford. Away fans to be given their own area. But the North Stand must be ours - completely.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2023No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51673_1328536363.jpg
[img:219j9o2g]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v88/gilly/sss2.jpg[/img:219j9o2g]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51673.jpg

Quote: Captain Library "Good of the club to not sweep it under the carpet (I didn't think they would, but still).'"

lol, and then some! The RFL 'Family game LTD' probably worded the statement for us. I'm sure the Cas element of the minor incident was an unrelated Cas born 4yo playing outside the ground who threw a bottle top at a Wakey fan leaving 15 minutes early..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7406
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: Wildcatfan "Not good last night on a few fronts
By Chav corner are you talking the area under the new small stand?

RankPostsTeam
International Star78No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

After queuing for 20 mins at east stand bottle bar, pre-match ( & enjoying friendly Conversation with others in line, both Wakey & Cas fans ) Iwas barged out of way by a queue-jumping tanked-up (& likely drug-intoxicated ) yob who was clearly "wired" for aggression (no colours, you know the type -some at every derby fixture ).
I am small build & in 50s so probably seen as soft target. At very real risk of being punched I confronted him & made clear to staff in kiosk what he 'd done. As he became even more wound up I suggested they not serve him & request steward assistance. After serving him (2 glass bottles of beer) they informed me they had no way of contacting stewards (& none were in vicinity - others in queue looked for them, in vain, during the altercation).
If I am charitable, the 2 young lasses serving may have averted trouble, but how come they had no back-up ( & didn't know the mobile number, given out earlier in This thread? I know they didn't, I asked).
This episode is a cameo of what is wrong:Bank holiday evening K.O. letting p@@ed up yobs in, not having support for staff, selling alcohol to these yobs, inadequate security.
On the 95 mile trip home, plenty time to reflect on whether I'll renew our season tickets for Trinity next time (fortunately, my wife stayed in her seat & didn't see the incident, otherwise decision would be made for me). I don't want the yobs to win & I love the spirit & cameraderie of RL generally & Wakey fans in particular (plus though I live down south now, Trinity's been my club since I Was icon_cool.gif but safety is a MAJOR consideration & this needs sorting urgently.
Ps: thanks for others in queue, both Wakey & Cas, for talking me into backing off from further argument (probably saved me from a thump or worse) & nursing my bruised pride.

RankPostsTeam
International Star29No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:2hfu5crw][i:2hfu5crw]This Is Wakefield And Together We Are Stronger[/i:2hfu5crw][/b:2hfu5crw]:

If I new any of them trouble makers I would report them but they were all in plain t shirts or hoodys I have never seen them at any games before! I've heard a rumour that they were fev fans but that's just rumours isn't it...

RankPostsTeam
International Star1780No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well good on the club but lets all play our part if we see trouble looming get a steward in and get it sorted this goes for both home and away fans.The need to get rid of this type of so called fan is most important.You have to ask have the Hull clubs got the right idea with derby games an early kick off so less chance of booze fueled idiots.

107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
107 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.28564453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad 2024
SingaporeFax
21m
Hudds
Deadcowboys1
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Odsal lease up for sale
Wigan Bull
Recent
Sheffield A
Wigan Bull
Recent
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
Recent
Whitehaven
phe13
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Hull KR H
NickyKiss
1m
Hudds
Deadcowboys1
2m
I struggle with this
atomic
3m
Betting 2024
karetaker
3m
This weeks disciplinary
rubber ducki
3m
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
5m
RD 25 Hull FC H
christopher
5m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Roam Ranger
7m
Recruitment rumours and links
Boss Hog
7m
Leeds Rhinos - Away
Dave K.
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 26
FoxyRhino
TODAY
7pm
PopTart
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
rubber ducki
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
PopTart
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Old Man John
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
AdamH
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
ratticusfinc
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,955 ↓-4880,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20