May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33684.jpg
:33684.jpg

Quote: upthecats "The problem with our fans is expectation has risen too high, with the mid season success we all enjoyed! The old line about fitness coach is just plain boring now...there has been absolutely nothing wrong with the fitness of the lads the last two matches....there was nothing wrong with the fitness when going over and winning in France in searing heat....

Our problem through our recent run was quite simply down to the injury crisis...is it any coincidence we've been far more competitive the last two matches when key components of our pack have slotted back into place? Grafters like Ashurst and Molloy have got back fit and healthy and there's been much needed go forward added to Fifita with Simon & Anderson back in...

No disrespect to the youngsters, or fringe players but through that tough period when there is 3 or 4 of a combination of youngsters and the likes of Yates, Walker, Walton in the pack then there has been the problem! When we've had what you would consider a strong and healthy squad on the park we've played pretty well on the whole...

That says to me the strength in depth isn't quite there yet and the nature of the modern game dictates that if you go into any game patched up you can quite easily be on the end of a hiding...62-0 against Wigan proves that....the strides we have made in the last 12 months though is staggering....the next step on the ladder to the slow process of turning us around is to build that quality of depth through shrewd signings and hopefully the likes of Crowther and Batchelor to name two, to step up to regular first team players like Jowitt and Johnstone have done this year...

It won't happen all in one season...patience has to be key...I'm more than happy how things are going at present though...it's nowhere near as bad as some make out! The comment about coffee shop culture is just laughable!'"

Seriously if anyone else comes on here talking pure sense like this, I'm going to stop reading this forum.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4163
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42850_1303637344.jpg
WE ARE WAKEFIELD, WITHOUT THE RICHARDSONS’ WE ARE STRONGER:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42850.jpg

Quote: The Avenger "Please offer a description of what you believe Clawsons week looks like and what tools he employs to do his job, in particular how he measures the balance between each discipline?'"

I see the evidence each week when the opposition play st a speed we can not and dominate us in the collision for the most part but if you think he isn't a problem you tell me why you are happy with the way our team are conditioned compared to pretty much every other team

Oh and just think of how many games we are out of by half time and tell me that conditioning does not play a part in that

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3652
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

Dont know how relevant this is as I hung up my boots up at amateur level in 2005.

I was in a gym on Saturday and one of the Wakefield players was in. Im not going to name the player, but he was on the next treadmill to me.

We both finished pretty much at same time and I was talking to him, more about fitness than anything. He said he was training alone and putting in a couple of extra hours. We then mentioned treadmill and targets etc and he said that the coaching staff doesnt really like them using the treadmill as it increases the risk of muscle tear. They go in for cross trainer and rower

How many of us have used running exercises as we are advised it builds up stamina.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15521
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50722_1319672516.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50722.jpg

Quote: Eastern Wildcat "Dont know how relevant this is as I hung up my boots up at amateur level in 2005.

I was in a gym on Saturday and one of the Wakefield players was in. Im not going to name the player, but he was on the next treadmill to me.

We both finished pretty much at same time and I was talking to him, more about fitness than anything. He said he was training alone and putting in a couple of extra hours. We then mentioned treadmill and targets etc and he said that the coaching staff doesnt really like them using the treadmill as it increases the risk of muscle tear. They go in for cross trainer and rower

How many of us have used running exercises as we are advised it builds up stamina.'"

Whoever told him that must have been one of them there experts - because it's absolutely correct; a treadmill puts pressure on your joints and over prolonged use, can cause injury. The cross-trainer is much smoother and works out almost your full body.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4503No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17724_1479580425.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17724.jpg

Quote: fullofhope "Watching the wire Wigan game how different it is to watching the trin looks like a totally different game.
We are crying out for more quality when the most common plaudit you get is "I was proud of the effort" then u know your in trouble bored of seeing just effort would love to see sportsman in there prime down at belle vue
I know finances dictate otherwise but oh to dream'"

We are crying out for size pace and brute force that is all Wire Wigan Hull STS have class and skill in modern day RL dream on its not there

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain3652
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/eye6.gif
:Others/eye6.gif

Thanks for that, I had no reason to doubt him, it was just with the comments on here questioning our conditioners.

Last night however, I did reduce my workout on the treadmill as a trial, by 25%, and used the rower for longer

40 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
40 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.6826171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Barrow A
dddooommm
8m
Shopping list for 2025
Blackandwhit
10m