JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Keep franchises out of our game:

After 54 years of watching Trinity I don't think I have ever been so worried about the future of the club. I have seen us go in to administration twice and just avoided it this close season but at the moment there just seems to be an air of defeatism from the Chairman , the coach , the players and the supporters, including me.
When we thrashed Catalans earlier this year all hell broke loose in the french camp.The owner made it clear that the performance was unacceptable, the coach threw a wobbly and certain players were told in no uncertain terms to improve their fitness or face the sack and their performances since have been better despite some defeats.
But after yet another 50 point defeat of Trinity , I have lost count of how many they have been, we hear absolutely nothing from the owner who is the first to complain if supporters dont buy tickets but says nothing when the team and coaching staff fail to turn up metaphorically speaking.From the coach we get " We were shell shocked at half time " and the player who did try despite being played out of position was the only one to apologise to the fans.The website seems defunct apart from another tie up with a company I have never heard of and no news of the stadium short or long term . Are we still on reduced capacity? Snowie will probably let us know but when was he employed as publicity officer? Has Fox left or is he in contention for Sunday ? Who knows because no one actually employed by the club really seems to care about the supporters, oh yes we want you to buy season tickets but once you have bought one we dont want to know you till the next seasons tickets go on sale or the next lottery is launched or the next plea for cash to keep the club afloat . I think this is the reason I am most worried it is because I have never known a time when I have felt that no one at the club really cares.
I know someone will come on here and defend them and say the supporters are the club but wouldnt it be nice if someone employed by the club actually answered my criticisms either on the website or in the Express.
I am so worried I cant sleep !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7406
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14916_1445291540.jpeg
Twitter...@GINGERWILDCAT:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14916.jpeg

Quote: senoj "And yet within the month with wins against London and Bradford we will be safe and worry free. Lose however, prepare for meltdown on here.'"

Then Bradford get four points back? Back to meltdown mode.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JINJER "I tend to agree with your post but regarding investment, the only slim chance we have of enticing investors is a winning team, I'd guess Cas have a lot more investment lined up with the team doing well than they had lined up in the Millward days!'"

I do know one of the guys whos in the background helped turn things around, like he sys there is money out there its just knowing where to look

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach233
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23328_1342177570.jpg
huddiepuddies pudding and pie kissed the girls and made them cry when the boys came out to play huddies kissed them cos he is gay:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_23328.jpg

Quote: lampyboy "I have mixed feelings tbh. On the one hand I wouldn't expect anything else from the club and on the other the silence could be worrying.
The clubs never been the best at keeping its supporters in the loop. The main problem seems to be that M C couldn't keep off the site , but now hes vanished. The whole thing will will end in one of two ways. We will either be hit with some kind of news that will either shake the foundations or we will wonder what all the fuss was about. On the clubs history , I smell a rat. [sizeAll we can do is Waite and see.[/size
WE have to trust the owner and hope the actions taken will result favourably'"

Is that a cryptic clue?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13696
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29100_1291104497.jpg
1/10:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29100.jpg

Quote: Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo "I think the opening post contains a lot of nit picking and really over eggs the pudding.

My concise and relevant summary would be "Agar out!"'"

Indeed, I’ve only been actively following the club for the last 15 years but in that time other than a few occasions its generally been crap, but I have looked forward to game after game (even with Messrs Roe and Smith in charge). However the presence of Agar is really waning my enthusiasm for the club (not the sport, I thoroughly enjoyed the Leeds-Wigan match last Saturday).

I don’t have any issue with Michael Carter, I realise the club is/was in a bad way and although there is an abundance of things that could be improved I accept that right now the club are running with skeletal staff. Hopefully if/when the club are on a stronger financial footing I hope the off filed side of the club will drastically improve, similar to what the Glover era brought but with more substance.

Ultimately though unless there is some sort of major investment or the Wakefield public get behind the club in any great number we’ll always be bumping along living hand to mouth staving off the next crisis.

RankPostsTeam
International Star589No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I wouldn't say I was worried sick but I'm certainly concerned. The silence from the club after another towelling is deafening, no apology, no explanation, and the usual post match half hearted report from our leader. Why doesn't he lay into them, rollock a few, drop a few? Instill some fire in their bellies, motivate them to at least give their all. For goodness sake what is he being paid for? I've seen nearly all the games this season and we've looked decent and solid in a few, certainly a threat in a few but in most the defence has been a shambles leaking like a sieve, the structure all over the place, technique all wrong and we've just been steamrollered through the middle and easily been ripped apart out wide. When is the coach gonna address these continuous problems? Sort out the defence first, stop conceding soft tries and get that team fired up for every battle every week. Hell, we have always had that heart and fire in our bellies as a club and the fans too, backs to the wall and give our all, that's how we used to get results when we least expected. Where has it gone? The Wakefield way is to fight until the end not give up after 20 minutes, we can all take defeat, it hurts like hell but at least if you've given everything we will applaud you and thank you for the effort. Regular towellings by 40 odd, 50 odd then beating teams like Widnes and Hull away it doesn't make sense to me at all.

17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing
17 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, PopTart , kinleycat , Wildthing

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.00048828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m