Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5979-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
:icons42da_files/5979-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

A great performance from your team today.

Forwards ran well and your halves created. Fitness seemed excellent as, usually in these types of games, the SL team dominate the last 20 minutes, yet you kept coming back at us. If they can create that type of enthusiasm for the league games, you are sure to go well in that division. All the best for the season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Keighley RLFC - Keep The Faith:

I was very pleased with our performance today. We looked much better than a 3rd tier team and I felt a bit hard done by with the amount of tries from Castleford in the second half.

It's a shame our support was split up so much in the roofed terrace in the first half or it might not have been a small amount of us chanting compared to the 20+ Castleford fans. icon_rolleyes.gif

Chanting is great. I'd suggest you concentrate on chanting in support of your team instead of stupid shouts like this.

We do not need your sympathy and sarcastic chanting of our team's name.

Our players are part-time, yours are professionals.

It might have looked like Castleford took over the whole ground today. I think this is more to do with the fact that the vast majority of them wear replica shirts, while not many of us do wear replica shirts. I'd guess there were about 1,000 shouting for Keighley today and not in a sarcastic tone.

Aaaaand breathe....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach739No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

My Road to Wembley 2008 Prelim: East Leeds 6 Hunslet Old Boys 13 1st Rnd: Stannlngley 16 Shaw Cross 10 2nd Rnd: Leigh Miners Rangers 64 Vereya Bears 12 3rd Rnd: Keighley Cougars 14 Toulouse 17 4th Rnd: Bradford Bulls 98 Toulouse 6 5th Rnd: St Helens 40 Warrington Wolves 34 6th Rnd: Leeds Rhinos 23 Wigan Warriors 16 Semi Final: St Helens 26 Leeds Rhinos 16 Final: Hull FC 16 St Helens 28:

Cougars stood up well to Castleford. To have been just 16-6 down at the break, I think we would have taken that before kickoff. Superstar in making definatly Lee Maples, excellent try after collecting ball in own 20 and avoid been tackle was superb.

Credit to Cas fans, I dont think many other super league teams fans would have travelled in the numbers like you did. I know a couple from castleford and, ive travelled over afew times when I when Cas have played on thursday, friday or Saturday nights. Good atmosphere at the Jungle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1172No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30195.jpg
[size=84:ostxdld0][color=#555555:ostxdld0][b:ostxdld0] Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. [/b:ostxdld0][/color:ostxdld0][/size:ostxdld0]:30195.jpg

To be fair, I was quite vocal yesterday as was my little lad and the Cas fans sat by us tolerated us. I don't think we ever questioned their near horizontal family tree but we were pro keighley and anti the tart in the middle applying two different sets of rules to either side. Actually he wasn't that bad really.

I would just like to say thanks again to Cas coming across in numbers as it turned cougar park into the place it should be every weekend. I may even venture over to watch a match as Cas as a thank you. Although I will probably chant for Keighley whilst there.

Do any Cas fans know if you can get the Cas shirt with GMB on the front anymore. My youngest has those initials and it would be cool. He is only two now but if there are any kids ones available it would be cool. Do the shop have any, I checked online but they only had the new diggerland ones. No doubt I'll be banned for asking such a dodgy question. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3222No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Diego.gif
[url:w48v2ohn]http://www.keighleycougars.info/c.do?category=110[/url:w48v2ohn]:fonds blancs/Diego.gif

Quote: reborncougar " No doubt I'll be banned for asking such a dodgy question.
Just when I thought we were having a nice quite morning icon_confused.gif icon_wink.gif icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Wow!

What a great game, every player and Keighley fan should feel proud. It was always going to be tough even if we had our props but those that played did so with great commitment and at times enough flair and skill to cause Cas trouble. We even had chance to score first!!

As we walked into the ground we all commented that we could feel a "tingle" just like the old days. It was great that Cas fans came in numbers and gave us an atmosphere that we used to take for granted.

I am really looking forward to Friday night, it sounds like York gave Warrington a really tough game, so we may be in for a real treat. I saw a lot of fans that have not been down in years, enjoyed what they saw and said they will come again.

I liked how some of the adjacent business car parks were opened to raise funds for the cubs and manorlands.

Although we lost, we have gained a lot of positives.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1430No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Goodbye all. It was nice knowing most of you.:

Quote: reborncougar "
Do any Cas fans know if you can get the Cas shirt with GMB on the front anymore. '"

There's a couple of adult sized ones on e-bay

but you could e-mail the club on info@castigers.com - they might have one or two kids sized ones hanging around somewhere. You never know if you don't ask.

icon_biggrin.gif
Quote: reborncougar "
Do any Cas fans know if you can get the Cas shirt with GMB on the front anymore. '"

There's a couple of adult sized ones on e-bay

but you could e-mail the club on info@castigers.com - they might have one or two kids sized ones hanging around somewhere. You never know if you don't ask.

icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach720No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24761_1360631337.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24761.gif

It was a great day out, only spoiled by the road works at Shipley making us 15 mins late for the kick off, along with the stupid chants by some of our supporters.

I really do wish some of our very vocal minority would grow up though and sing something more positive than the sh.... they come out with.

It's embarrassing and it really is only about 50 or so who come out with this schoolkid stuff, so apologies to all you Keighley fans for having to endure this rubbish, but we Cas supporters have to listen to it week in week out and it seems there's no way of stopping it.

I have to congratulate Keighley on their performance and the score certainly didn't do you justice on Sunday, I've got a soft spot for Keighley and hope you guys win promotion this season. Maybe with a bit of success, you might get some of the support back who defected to the Bulls, now that they are on the slide?

Good luck for the rest of the season!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach25No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lee maples is superb, a great find. Who needs a driving licence when you can outsprint those players.

Also did anyone notice the referee was from the RFU? No wonder he couldn't shout 'held', that gave them at least two tries due to penalties. If you don't shout held how do the players know when to get off!?

Good game though.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2010Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42446.jpg
:42446.jpg

Quote: reborncougar "To be fair, I was quite vocal yesterday as was my little lad and the Cas fans sat by us tolerated us. I don't think we ever questioned their near horizontal family tree but we were pro keighley and anti the tart in the middle applying two different sets of rules to either side. Actually he wasn't that bad really.

I would just like to say thanks again to Cas coming across in numbers as it turned cougar park into the place it should be every weekend. I may even venture over to watch a match as Cas as a thank you. Although I will probably chant for Keighley whilst there.

Do any Cas fans know if you can get the Cas shirt with GMB on the front anymore. My youngest has those initials and it would be cool. He is only two now but if there are any kids ones available it would be cool. Do the shop have any, I checked online but they only had the new diggerland ones. No doubt I'll be banned for asking such a dodgy question.
Have a look on ebay....................
Have a look on E Bay, ther

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman17138No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
755_1290430740.jpg
“At last, a real, Tory budget,” Daily Mail 24/9/22 "It may be that the honourable gentleman doesn't like mixing with his own side … but we on this side have a more convivial, fraternal spirit." Jacob Rees-Mogg 21/10/21 A member of the Guardian-reading, tofu-eating wokerati.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_755.jpg

Quote: Fully "I don't. I just think we came out with an attitude that we could get through the game in second gear. McGoldrick especially wanted to have his backside kick.'"

The disappointing thing for me was there appeared to be a couple of cas players joking & smiling at each other behind the sticks after Cougar tries, which is a complete lack of professionalism.

Maples try was a belter, one of the best live tries I've seen in a long while.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4538.jpg
[url=//www.ayberspace.co.uk/Aye2012/php-files/news.php][img]//img405.imageshack.us/img405/1116/roar1xz5.gif[/img][/url] [url=//www.ayberspace.co.uk/Aye2012/php-files/news.php]The Aye Of The Tigers Fanzine[/url]:4538.jpg

good day, you must have made a fortune on beer sales, bottle bar good idea apart from them being warm, but i did try, just to be sociable icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach162No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Excellent game Keighley. Your lads did you proud had me worried for a while in the first half.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you win promotion and you can come over our way and spank Fev. Might come over and watch and be a Keighley fan for the day - after all us cats after look out for each other!!! icon_lol.gif

Thought biggest cheer of the day from your fans was when your announcer gave out that Bradford had been beaten - no love lost there then icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1172No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30195.jpg
[size=84:ostxdld0][color=#555555:ostxdld0][b:ostxdld0] Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. [/b:ostxdld0][/color:ostxdld0][/size:ostxdld0]:30195.jpg

Quote: sherburntiger60 "Have a look on ebay....................
Have a look on E Bay, ther'"

I don't want a smelly one. icon_biggrin.gif

I did just see one on there but some blokes had written all over it. May buy it if the seller can promise the pen marks will come off.

Joking aside, thank you. I will e-mail the club as per the other post.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18802No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.:icons42da_files/4921-2354mikeypl8-msnicons.jpg

Well done Keighley on Sunday and your winger #22 is a rocket !!!

34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24072265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent