May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif
Soft, soppy Cougars fan:Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif

Has a nice staightjacket been found for Mr Spencer yet? Sounds like it would be a useful addition to his wardrobe, as it is used for the mentally crazy sometimes! d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach774No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The comments made by Mr Spencer, to be honest nothing surprises me any more. Did have high hopes for Gary at the start but now feel very disappointed. If you volunteer to do anything with this club be prepared to be covered in turd. From a great height. Such a shame as there is a lot of people whose heart is in this club.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

It's such a crying shame that this is where PIRAG now stands.

A properly constituted and supported INDEPENDANT supporters group could do so much for this club (like KISA before it). There are other instances where the club they are trying to support don't offer support in return, or even worse, see them as some sort of threat. Unfortunately it quite often comes down to [i"clash of personality"[/i.

Cutting your own throat to spite your face, springs to mind.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3180.jpg
:3180.jpg

Ok people.

Lets not turn this into a slanging match. Lets try to keep it civil. Please icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star63No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65080_1323278097.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65080.jpg

Rob, Thank you for your post it certainly makes for illuminating reading, however, there are a number of instances in your post where you are ignorant of the facts or being deliberately disingenuous and these need to be cleared up.
Quote: On the terraces "

Just before I continue, Iain it is quite easy to come on here and paint yourself out to be the good guy that is standing up for the members and to be honest I don't really want to get into a slanging match with you but if I remember correctly you left because me, you and the others were finding it hard to work together and when asked for information on members to carry on taking the group forward you have made it difficult. As far as I'm aware the only person that has the bank account, log in details for twitter and facebook along with all the other info is IAIN??
Rach has the details for the website and I am sure she wouldn't mind posting things on there if asked.'"

1. The information you elude to was meant to be held and up dated by Mary Calvert as she was in charge of taking membership forms at the club and via the web site of which I had no access to. An e-mail with the membership list was forwarded to Mike Smith as well as the had copy membership forms and other documentation on my departure. I fail to see how this is being obstructive and if you have any issue with the quality of the information I suggest you take this up with Mary Calvert. I would point out that 5 individuals whose contact details were included on the list were not contacted. I will take it that this was an oversight and not a selected invitation to your meetings.

2. Re passwords. Rachel Pressley was given the Twitter and Facebook passwords to add as links on to the website. I suggest you look at the web site which evidences the fact.
The bank ac log in I still have, and have never been requested to provide it, however, Mary Calvert has from day one had possession of the cash box, Cheque Book and Paying In Book as, again, she was responsible for processing membership applications via walk ins at the club and internet.

To get back to topic. You have now confirmed that Mary Calvert (Chairperson), Rob Weir and Mike Smith, as you both attended the meeting with the directors, are in control of PIRAG going forward and any questions re the group should be directed to those indviduals. Thank you for the clarification.

RankPostsTeam
International Star123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Firstly, Iain this is why you parted from the group because people found it hard to work with you along with a few other reasons. I am not getting dragged into a verbal fight on here with you even though I admit I would enjoy it. Everything that I stated in my previous post is what I am lead to believe by others in the group, unfortunately as we found the support just wasn't there and it wasn't always the directors that were questioning our motives but a few on here as well which we found very dissapointing because all we were trying to do was to help, create more funds for the playing side and try to make it this local commuinty club that it once was which is something the current board keep shouting about but apart from the fantastic work that Your Sporting Chance does headed by Mary Calvert in the town there is nothing else going on or if there is I haven't heard anything about it. I agree with what dreamer said about what could have been with the right support and input from the club with regards to PIRAG, all you have to do is look at some of the other clubs websites and see what their supporters clubs do and raise for their clubs because it's fantastic. I think Leigh last year in Oct/Nov handed over for player recruitment about £30,000, ok they have been going a number of years but this is what can be achieved and this is how we see the likes of top championship players or super league boys coming to our club but then again as we were told the club could manage without a Squad Builder contributing to the team as they can afford the players them selves icon_rolleyes.gif

Hand on heart I would love to roll my sleeves up and get stuck in with PIRAG and a supporters group but when you have individuals that have no respect or appreciation for what you are trying to do for them and the club and only see you as a threat or someone thats making up a master plan to take of the world then its impossible. unfortuantely and this is a fact our board just cant see the bigger picture only that they are taking us to super league icon_biggrin.gifRUNK:

Iain as I have said I could reply to most of what you have stated or eluded to but it would end up in an argument and I honestly cant be bothered, I would just like to say as I have once told you before. Please do not talk down to me, talk to me like a child or use your silly text book words. You know I dont take lightly to that.

All the best icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB185.gif
:cartoons/WB185.gif

Could some body give me a hand,and pass me a ladder,I am going to have to climb of the fence that I have been sat on for the last 6 months,I will have to say I have enjoyed reading everyone's post in the recent tough times and I am pleased that people care so much about the Cougars and that good frank debate is alive and well on here no matter what your views are.
The reason for the post really is just to back up, "On The Terrace,s" post regarding what he had experienced at the club ,I had a real feeling of history repeating its self,for those who don't know me I was one of the founding members of KISA,and I am saddened to say "On The Terrace's" post had a familiar ring to it,I don't wish to discuss certain aspects on this forum of what happened back in 2002 ,but would gladly talk to anyone in person on what happened from KISA's and my point of view,(I do use my real name on here so I am not that hard to find on match days,in the bar or behind the sticks).
Saying Am not going to discuss on here KISA isn't strictly true,I will post an article from Feb 2002 which is from a local archive, its a story taken from a local district News paper,(thanks to a certain someone on here who passed me this a few years ago) I think it says a lot about peoples attitudes, and really looks like sadly nothing has changed at the Club. Any-time I get the urge to get involved down there I tend to read this(see below) and then think "maybe not",but hats off to all you guys who do volunteer your the true back bone of the club.

COUGARS;Bitter War Of Words
Open warfare has broken out between Cougar chairman Neil Spencer and KISA-Keighley Independent Supporters Association.
The independent supporters club was launched when the old club collapsed with huge debts,but relations have been 'frosty' since the new club Cougars 2001 was launched by Mr Spencer and fellow director Colin Farrar late last year.
Tension boiled over this week when Mr Spencer declared "The time has come,for the sake of true Cougar supporters,to put the record straight. The so called KISA, do nothing at all to help the Keighley Cougars financially or otherwise,on the contrary they are a hindrance.They are the greatest wingers about anything and everything"
He also threatened to take legal action against the group for selling merchandise in competition to the club.
He added;"They are setting up a lottery in competition to our own,not only that they are pinching the clubs existing agents and members.What kind of co-operation is that"
Mr Spencer said true supporters should ask where their money was going,and join the official Supporters Club.
His statement ended"If you are a true KISA member go away and annoy someone else,you are certainly not wanted here"
But KISA chairman Martin Whiteley hit back with claims, that the cub had said it did not want there help"Almost every club in rugby league has an independent supporters club and many provide very valuable support.We wanted something totally different to help the club,and the whole of rugby league in Keighley.
"We applied for a small lotteries licence to run fund raising events,but the application was rejected because Mr Spencer said they didn't want our money.We have already sponsored a player and bought junior season tickets to give away as prizes,so some money has already gone to the club."
"We have over 100 members,about 10 percent of the home crowd, and most supporters who travel to away matches are members of KISA,we want to work for the good of rugby league in the town and we should all be pulling in the same direction."
He added; "I am prepared to meet Mr Spencer and the Official Supporters Club to try and clear the air"
February 15th 2002

Just a foot note on the above,we did meet various people from the club on several occasions and tried to find the middle ground but the door was firmly shut on KISA,hence many of the members did take Mr Spencer up on his offer and basically went away,some I know to this day have not set foot in Cougar Park since those days,and it wasn't just single members they lost,it was also family and friends that no longer came to the ground.I personally did stick around with a few other's that I know who post on here,the reason being I love the game,I love the Cougars but most of all love the crack and the people I stand with,a few beers good company and Rugby League what better way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Just a bit of advice to the PIRAG guys, KISA was well run well supported and had some cracking money making ideas,but most of all we were all friends and had the same goal,yes there were arguments but on the whole we were a united bunch,and showed a united front,and we were stronger for it,but even with all that behind us we still fell well short of our goals,and in the end it still ended in tears.
My advice I am afraid is unless your bullet proof thick skinned, don't mind upsetting half the people down there and missing the game because your to busy behind the scenes, then just pay your gate money,maybe even buy a season ticket,have a few beers,treat yourself to a snack or food,even buy a club shirt or some merchandise(if you can find any,sorry couldn't help myself), don't forget the half time draw,even bring a friend that hasn't been before or for a while,if I have missed anything apologies,but you get the drift, and of course don't forget there is a game on,after all it is the whole point,so just enjoy to me what is the best dam game in the world "RUGBY LEAGUE".
Hang on someone pass me my ladder I am getting back on my fence,although I have just read that back and I am not sure I even got of it,must be going soft in my old age.

RankPostsTeam
International Star695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Can I suggest this thread is locked to avoid this getting out of hand?

RankPostsTeam
International Star104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB185.gif

One of many definitions of the word Forum "a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest" sort of thought that what was going on here.

RankPostsTeam
International Star695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

In fairness Shaun I think it's gone a bit beyond that don't you think?

RankPostsTeam
International Star104No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB185.gif

Sorry you maybe right,but its a bit like a traffic accident when you drive past,you no its wrong but you do tend to slow down for a better look,on the plus side I am now a little clearer on the problems that PIRAG have, and who is who!

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Quote: Dominance "Can I suggest this thread is locked to avoid this getting out of hand?'"

Why?

This is a fans forum, not an appreciation society icon_wink.gif

Sometimes things need answering in public to prevent the chinese whispers syndrome.

As long as no one breaks the AUP what's the problem.

If someone has something personal to say they can use the PM (private message) system.

RankPostsTeam
International Star695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Dreamer "Why?

This is a fans forum, not an appreciation society
Fair point, but I found it uncomfortable reading and you could see a clear escalation in the posts and wondered what may come next. If some people wanted those questions answering I'm sure they would have attended the meetings, which it's clear they didn't. PIRAG looks to me to be going nowhere fast so I'd argue that other settling some personal difference's and airing their dirty laundry, what is the purpose now of this continuing.

That's just my opinion and I'm happy to stand corrected. If people see the need to continue it and it stays within the AUP (I've got a funny feeling it won't if continued) then crack on!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3180.jpg
:3180.jpg

If people dont stop looking for a chance to drag people into a slanging match. It will be locked.

Why dont you arrange a meeting. Then you can have a go at each other there instead of here.

Thanks for reading this post. Lets play nice.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif

Quote: shaunw78 "Could some body give me a hand,and pass me a ladder,I am going to have to climb of the fence that I have been sat on for the last 6 months.....snip'"

Good post Shaun, a bit of deja vu, methinks.

A personality clash caused the problems last time and it looks like they have done the same again.

Just looking around RL at some of the people in charge of clubs shows that they have ego's the size of Blackpool Tower. The word INDEPENDENT scares the hell out of them. They are distrustful of those people and things they cannot control or things they perceive as a threat. On the flip side, it's no good setting up an independent committee that has characters that are the same.

To put things in perspective, I read the Leigh forum and it says the Leigh Supporters Trust has raised in excess of £350,000 for the club - not to be sneezed at.

Good leaders find ways of making things work, and that applies equally to those of clubs and independent groups. This can be quite difficult because the very reason some Independent groups are set up is precisely because they don't have faith in the clubs directors. This causes friction from the start.

If the club wants help from a bigger proportion of fans, then they need to open their eyes. Many people do not want to pump money into a bottomless bucket when they can't see exactly what it is going to be used for.

You might motivate people who don't normally contibute if they thought they were buying player "X". But tell them it's for a "radio mike" or "going toward the bills" then they might be less enthusiastic.

It's a crying shame that this club cannot work with an independent supporters group.

EDIT: This isn't me having a go at anyone, just reflecting on human nature.

35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
35 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.5673828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wigan v Hull
scarrie
2m
Tonights game v Leeds
just_browny
9m
Arthur In
Seth
17m
Sunday v Wakefield
Bullseye
19m
2025 Recruitment
Bullseye
21m
Doncaster A
Bullseye
23m
The emperors new clothes
PopTart
32m
Shopping list for 2025
Tarquin Fueg
40m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Barrie’s Gla
42m
Squad for Castleford
Barbed Wire
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
New Whitehaven Coach
weighman
1m
Round 23 Cats at Home
Barrie’s Gla
1m
Squad for Castleford
Barbed Wire
1m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Barrie’s Gla
1m
Other Championship Clubs
Dr Dreadnoug
1m
Arthur In
Seth
1m
New Players
Benny Profan
1m
Sky and Josh Warrington
Rixy
1m
Whitehaven
Wildthing
1m
James Donaldson
tigertot
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Whitehaven
Wildthing
TODAY
Round 23 Cats at Home
Barrie’s Gla
TODAY
Fax away
FIL
TODAY
Squad for Castleford
Barbed Wire
TODAY
The silence from the club is deafening
tommyfromhul
TODAY
Doncaster A
Bullseye
TODAY
Whitehaven
cowfax
TODAY
The emperors new clothes
PopTart
TODAY
James Donaldson
tigertot
TODAY
Wigan v Hull
scarrie
TODAY
Sunday v Wakefield
Bullseye
TODAY
Changes Proposed to the Quota Rule
jonh
TODAY
NRL Takeover talk should we be worried
Rugby Raider
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 23
ducknumber1
TODAY
A Tribute to Ken Rollin
JamieRobinso
TODAY
New Whitehaven Coach
weighman
TODAY
Tom Opacic to leave at the end of the season
Huddersfield
TODAY
The new coach
Huddersfield
TODAY
I struggle with this
Septimius Se
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Castleford Away
karetaker
TODAY
End of the game
sandcat20
TODAY
Thoughs on the magic weekend
Huddersfield
TODAY
trump v Harris in the race for the WH
RobRiches
TODAY
North Stand Chants
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Top Position
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Pearson
Chris71
TODAY
RIP Ken Rollin
Trin e ti
TODAY
The Band
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Sky and Josh Warrington
Rixy
TODAY
Points difference
Deadcowboys1
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Level Second..
Emphatic Win For The Warriors ..
London Broncos Thrash Hull FC ..
Leigh Leopards Defeat Hull Wit..
Sensational Leeds Rhinos Thras..
Catalans Squeeze Past The Gian..
Saints Win Golden Point Thrill..
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcom..
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.62M +32,907 ↓-10180,09814,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R25
10:50
Wests
v
Manly
 TOMORROW
09:00
NZ Warriors
v
Canterbury
11:00
Brisbane
v
Parramatta
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R23
20:00
Castleford
v
Warrington
Leeds
v
Catalans
 Sat 24th Aug
06:00
Canberra
v
Penrith
08:30
Melbourne
v
Dolphins
10:35
Souths
v
Newcastle
14:00
Salford
v
Huddersfield
15:00
St.Helens
v
Hull KR
       Championship 2024-R23
18:00
Featherstone
v
Toulouse
 Sun 25th Aug
05:00
Gold Coast
v
Sydney
07:05
St.George
v
Cronulla
       League One 2024-R21
13:00
Oldham
v
Cornwall
LondonB
v
Leigh
Wigan
v
Hull FC
       League One 2024-R21
Keighley
v
Hunslet
Rochdale
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Newcastle
       Championship 2024-R23
Barrow
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sat 31st Aug
SL
Hull FC-Castleford
SL
Catalans-Wigan
Sun 1st Sep
SL
Huddersfield-St.Helens
SL
LondonB-Leeds
Fri 6th Sep
SL
Castleford-Leigh
SL
Leeds-Hull FC
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
SL
Wigan-Hull KR
Sat 7th Sep
SL
18:00
Salford-Catalans
Sun 8th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-LondonB
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
Sun 18th Aug
L1 20 Cornwall6-18Midlands
L1 20 Hunslet28-20Crusaders
L1 20 Keighley12-20Oldham
CH 22 Bradford21-22Featherstone
CH 22 Dewsbury24-31Barrow
CH 22 Swinton20-6Halifax
CH 22 Wakefield36-12Widnes
CH 22 Whitehaven28-24Doncaster
SL 22 Leigh26-0Salford
SL 22 Catalans4-36Hull KR
SL 22 Huddersfield20-12Castleford
NRL 24 St.George32-16Gold Coast
NRL 24 Cronulla19-18Newcastle
Sat 17th Aug
L1 20 Newcastle6-78Rochdale
CH 22 Toulouse12-20York
SL 22 Warrington24-6Leeds
SL 22 Wigan20-0St.Helens
SL 22 Hull FC4-29LondonB
NRL 24 Canterbury30-10Dolphins
NRL 24 NQL Cowboys42-4Canberra
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 22 575 269 306 34
Wigan 22 547 294 253 34
Warrington 22 562 295 267 32
St.Helens 22 518 298 220 26
Catalans 22 403 344 59 26
Salford 22 393 425 -32 26

Leigh 22 466 326 140 23
Leeds 22 407 392 15 22
Huddersfield 22 392 488 -96 16
Castleford 22 354 579 -225 13
Hull FC 22 290 683 -393 6
LondonB 22 261 775 -514 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 20 704 240 464 38
Sheffield 20 530 369 161 26
Toulouse 19 546 264 282 25
Bradford 20 500 343 157 24
Widnes 20 446 363 83 23
Featherstone 20 494 396 98 22

York 21 520 407 113 20
Batley 20 350 410 -60 20
Doncaster 20 382 478 -96 19
Halifax 20 400 509 -109 16