May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39167_1269002951.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39167.jpg

Quote: Claytoa "I think people are missing the point here, the club have charged £120 for the season ticket on the basis that it is valid for 12 games. This is now clearly not the case and the product has been mis-sold by the club.

If I went to a restaurant and ordered burger, chips and a drink I would be outraged if it came without the chips but the waitress told me I shouldn't complain because I was still getting good value for the burger and drink.'"

I fully agree.The club needs to get its act together

£120 i forked out for 12 games and now they want another tenner eusa_hand.gif

I am not a charity and give MY money out wiily nilly,i simply want what i paid for.

As for supporting and helping the club c015.gif c015.gif c015.gif ,i did,120 quids worth

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Quote: Claytoa "I think people are missing the point here, the club have charged £120 for the season ticket on the basis that it is valid for 12 games. This is now clearly not the case and the product has been mis-sold by the club.

If I went to a restaurant and ordered burger, chips and a drink I would be outraged if it came without the chips but the waitress told me I shouldn't complain because I was still getting good value for the burger and drink.'"

The club isn't a restaurant, its a sporting enterprise, run and supported by people who want the team to succeed.

Quote: Claytoa "
I fully agree.The club needs to get its act together

£120 i forked out for 12 games and now they want another tenner
From the above you suggest that it's the club that have made a mistake (which they may have) and not the RFL that have had a last minute change of mind. Not that the RFL would ever change the rules at the last moment eusa_whistle.gif

But I accept that you are quite entitled to your opinion c015.gif c015.gif c015.gif curtain.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To all those complaining over ten pounds.

I wouldnt call you true supporters. We are watching the best team weve had for 17 years.
Just look at things like you have paid eleven pounds per game or would you still have wanted to save the tenner and us loose out in the next round on what could be a massive pay day and see even more big name players come to the club next season on the strength of the cup money.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2236No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp048.gif
I have only been wrong once and thats because I thought I was wrong but I was wrong I was right! Petty authoritarians aren’t man enough to challenge the actions of a person face to face; instead they incite a forum of rumour, innuendo and half truths, and impose rude sanctions to discourage those who dare question fairness. Anon.:simpsons/simp048.gif

Quote: Mr Hicks "To all those complaining over ten pounds.

I wouldnt call you true supporters. We are watching the best team weve had for 17 years.
Just look at things like you have paid eleven pounds per game or would you still have wanted to save the tenner and us loose out in the next round on what could be a massive pay day and see even more big name players come to the club next season on the strength of the cup money.'"

To be fair, ten pounds can mean a lot to people on a tight budget and i can understand why the question is raised but then again, there are ways of approaching this other than suggesting the club are incompetent.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

Quote: Mr Hicks "To all those complaining over ten pounds.

Just look at things like you have paid eleven pounds per game or would you still have wanted to save the tenner and us loose out in the next round on what could be a massive pay day and see even more big name players come to the club next season on the strength of the cup money.'"

With respect that's an unfair analogy.

Obeone for example comes to most games, sings himself ho, buys merch and sups a few pints at the bar.

Is it just about the £10?

Or is about the matter that the club sold them a product on the basis of one thing and they got another? To some people the morality and principle of the issue are worth far more than what can appear on face value to be a relatively small monetary amount involved.

In my opinion the club put the Season Tickets on sale in good faith. One way or another an error has been made, which let's face it happens, we're all human after all. If the club knew that the RFL had scrapped the free CC game before the tickets went on sale then this is a bad oversight and procedures obviously need to be reviewed. If the RFL changed their policy after the Season Tickets went on sale then the club should have endeavoured to rectify the situation. as soon as possible. Either way, I think the best and fairest way to rectify the situation would be to offer all season ticket holders involved a rebate equivalent to admission on Sunday with the option to waive it to keep the funds in the club.

Myself I'd waive it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach163No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39582.jpg
:39582.jpg

Just cast your mind back to last season. As a female season ticket holder i lost out on more then one occasion. Our chairman hosting a couple of ladies day free entry etc. I didn't get a refund.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It has happened and will continue to do so.

I don't live in Keighley and, consequently, I do not qualify for the BDMC 'Passport to Leisure', which kicks-in at 60. Had I still been a BDMC resident then I would have qualified for the 'Concessionary Rate' of admission at the gate.

This is yet another dis-incentive for many Cougar fans and regular supporters to buy Season Tickets, which are more expensive for this particular age-group of supporters.

Yet another consideration to be taken into account before the 2013 offering?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I was told when collecting my season ticket that 1 challenge cup game was included. Having read all the comments above it seems the club as once again scored another own goal. I believe it is time to move on, get down and pay £10 on Sunday and support our team. I trust though that the club realise it is not very clever to alienate their supporters and learn lessons for next season when hopefully they get the marketing and sale of season tickets right.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I just wish that all Championship Clubs would get-together (like the Sooper Doooooooooper Clubs) and agree a strategy that would apply to every club on ticketing! Then everyone would know exactly what was on offer and for what price.

Remember when Swinton played at Gigg Lane and they charged their home supporters less than the away supporters?

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

After all, it's not 'rocket science'!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1030No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Sorry, I omitted 'Northern', who seem to be a law unto themselves - sending me emails offering entry at £10, and I'm not 65 yet! That said, if Northern was one of the last two clubs in the game, I WOULD NEVER GIVE THEM MY SUPPORT - even if it was FREE!

RankPostsTeam
International Star241No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64555_1339928482.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64555.jpg

I agree with westburn warrior and was also under the impression the challenge cup game was part of the package. My view is the club has made an oversight in their marketing. But we need to put it into perspective that our season ticket at 120 was just about the cheapest in the league. I'm committed to supporting keighley and would happily pay a tenner which will go to support both us and equally a local amateur club.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10975.jpg
:10975.jpg

Well Gary emailed me to let me know it was rfl rules which prevented them from allowing 'free entry' to season ticket holders for the challenge cup game, and also said that he was going to speak with the other directors to see if they could come up with a solution to the problem caused by the original offer advertised. Let see what they come back with.

Mr hicks, surely it's my decision on whether I buy a season ticket or not. I've supported the club for 20 years so you coming out spouting rubbish like we're not true supporters is frankly insulting. I was one of the first few to buy the current season ticket as I want the club to do well, but bought it on the provision I was getting 12 games for £120. I can't make all games so losing games doesn't help me.

On a different note, there is nothing in the keighley news this week stating that it's a paying game, and I'm pretty sure there will season ticket holders that will be turning up expecting to get in free, as they don't come on the fans site or got the text. I personally know of 2 people who I had to inform.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach846No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39167_1269002951.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39167.jpg

Quote: CougarDave "Well Gary emailed me to let me know it was rfl rules which prevented them from allowing 'free entry' to season ticket holders for the challenge cup game, '"

Anybody know when the RFL said this?

28 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
28 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.25927734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent