May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Gerrum on side ref:

Hi All,

I'll be coming to your ground next weekend for the Challenge Cup tie and I'll be catching the train from Goldthorpe in South Yorkshire (BTW, I'm a Wire fan for my sins).

Anyway, was wondering if any kind people could recommend any decent real ale pubs in Keighley? I've not been to your ground since the Regal Trophy Quarter Final around Christmas of 1994, so don't have a clue on any good watering holes in Keighley.

I'm looking for a pub that does good real ale, not necessarily looking for a pub with a pool table, Sky Sports on the big screen or a pub that serves food. Just looking for a traditional boozer that serves good beer with no gimmicks.

The other option maybe to catch the train to Skipton and have a few there, but not too sure what the train connections from Skipton to Keighley are like on a Sunday, so I would prefer to sample the delights of Keighley.

Hope it's a good game next week, we took a bit of a hammering today, but I suspect we'll see a different Warrington team to take to the field than what played today. That cannot be a bad thing, it was quite worrying how we fell apart in the last 15 minutes today.

Cheers,

John

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach66No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There are a couple of good uns 5 mins from the railway station, turn left on exiting the Rly Stn and walk straight ahead for about 500-600 yards and you will find the Boltmakers Arms, an award winning pub serving Timothy Taylors Ales. When you have had enough there come out of the Boltmakers and turn right then take the first left (Coney Lane) and about 50 yards down there you will find The Cricketers Arms, another award winning pub serving various brews from different brewers. Enjoy....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

Quote: forwardpass1 "There are a couple of good uns 5 mins from the railway station, turn left on exiting the Rly Stn and walk straight ahead for about 500-600 yards and you will find the Boltmakers Arms, an award winning pub serving Timothy Taylors Ales. When you have had enough there come out of the Boltmakers and turn right then take the first left (Coney Lane) and about 50 yards down there you will find The Cricketers Arms, another award winning pub serving various brews from different brewers. Enjoy....'"

This, although the Boltmakers is only 200 yards from the Station.

The Boltmakers sells the best pints of Taylor's anywhere. It also is one of the few Taylor's pubs that has all 5 Timothy Taylor's ales (Landlord, Ram Tam, Best Bitter, Golden Best and Dark Mild) on tap. Really tiny pub with some fantastic memorabilia inside and is a mecca for all real ale fans.

The Cricketers is the best independent real ale spot in Keighley. Always got 4 or 5 really good ales on. Always a good atmosphere in there.

Honourable mention to The Livery Rooms, it's a Wetherspoon's so always has a half dozen different ales on.

rlThis would be a decent route for your trip outrl

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman2260No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
928_1530728280.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_928.jpg

not knocking Stealths answer but why go up town..????

The Hall of Fame Bar at Cougar Park (open from 12 ) will be showing the Regal Trophy quarter final from 1994 on the big screen plus 'Progress Cafe' our Social Enterprise Food Outlet operated by Project 6 a local charity will be serving the best pie n peas in the RFL ,( [ipies locally sourced and produced by Andy Aspinall ,said butcher and long time Cougars supporter of this Parish) [/i

Plus normally a couple of real ales on handpull , normally Blacksheep or Clarks bitter ....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. -Albert Camus:46524.jpg

Quote: Rach "not knocking Stealths answer but why go up town..????

The Hall of Fame Bar at Cougar Park (open from 12 ) will be showing the Regal Trophy quarter final from 1994 on the big screen plus 'Progress Cafe' our Social Enterprise Food Outlet operated by Project 6 a local charity will be serving the best pie n peas in the RFL ,( [ipies locally sourced and produced by Andy Aspinall ,said butcher and long time Cougars supporter of this Parish) [/i

Plus normally a couple of real ales on handpull , normally Blacksheep or Clarks bitter ....'"

Are you trying to make even more work for yourself Rach? icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach365No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Gerrum on side ref:

Thank you all for your replies and it's encouraging to hear that real ale is doing well and there are a some great choices in Keighley. I like my TT beers, always partial to a pint of Golden Best or Landlord. There is a good TT pub in Haworth called the Fleece Inn, one of my favourite TT pubs, so will look forward to trying the Boltmakers Arms. I think I'll then do the Cricketers Arms and finish off at the Hall of Fame bar for a nice pint of Clarks bitter.

Looking forward to my trip now, thank you again for all of your help and advice.

Kind Regards,

John.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg

Quote: Old Man John "Thank you all for your replies and it's encouraging to hear that real ale is doing well and there are a some great choices in Keighley. I like my TT beers, always partial to a pint of Golden Best or Landlord. There is a good TT pub in Haworth called the Fleece Inn, one of my favourite TT pubs, so will look forward to trying the Boltmakers Arms. I think I'll then do the Cricketers Arms and finish off at the Hall of Fame bar for a nice pint of Clarks bitter.

Looking forward to my trip now, thank you again for all of your help and advice.

Kind Regards,

John.'"

No problem.

Haworth Main Street is a cracking real ale pub crawl so long as you start at the top of the hill and don't mind the tourist prices.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach66No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

"This, although the Boltmakers is only 200 yards from the Station."

Pedant

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach909
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif
Soft, soppy Cougars fan:Black Backgrounds/Miss Piggy.gif

Lol, the last time I was in the Fleece (and that is going back a while, as I've been up here 6 1/2 years) was when I was living in London. Compared to those prices, they were still a bargain!
Have been over to Haworth a few times since moving up (ancestral home/birthplace and all that) but not been in there when over there. Good to hear its still doing well

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg

Quote: forwardpass1 ""This, although the Boltmakers is only 200 yards from the Station."

Pedant'"

I wouldn't say that saying something is 1/3 of the distance that was originally stated is being pedantic.

RankPostsTeam
International Star695No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Quote: Stealth Comic "I wouldn't say that saying something is 1/3 of the distance that was originally stated is being pedantic.'"

Children! I know we all have a different opinions on how games have gone etc, but I never thought people would end up arguing about how far a pub is away from the station!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner145No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't.:

Cannot go wrong with a pint of Golden Best in the Boltmakers.

The Cricket Club (top end of the rugby ground) also have a Real Ale on , it varies from week to week.
Some are good, some are indifferent. icon_surprised.gif

Thanks for the reminder about the Regal Trophy. icon_cry.gif
Could have got our own back and directed you to some of Keighleys more salubrious hostelries. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2855No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46524.jpg

Quote: Dominance "Children! I know we all have a different opinions on how games have gone etc, but I never thought people would end up arguing about how far a pub is away from the station!'"

We aren't!

To be well and truely pedantic... We're arguing over what is and isn't pedantic icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach239
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g7.gif
:Others/g7.gif

Quote: Stealth Comic "I wouldn't say that saying something is 1/3 of the distance that was originally stated is being pedantic.'"

Especially after a few pints of Real Ale icon_cheers.gif

The Cricket Club at the top end of the rugby ground, the side which you should enter from after being in town, has a guest real ale every week too and is literally 10 yards (yes 10 yards (not 50)from the turnstile) icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach66No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Dec 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm sorry, but I didn't have time to go down with my measuring tape as I was writing the post icon_biggrin.gifOH:

23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1337890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
Recent