Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41913.jpg

Quote: Darkheart "How many other players in the league have been sent off for kicking the ball away? or even booked? I know several chelsea players did it at OT and no bookings? Rooney did it and got a second yellow at Craven cottage last year.'"

He didn't kick the ball away against Fulham. He threw it like a maniac down the field. My reading of that incident was that MU were trying to take a quick free kick, Dowd blew up straight away to say they'd not taken it from the right place. Rooney caught the ball and threw the ball downfield in anger.

Rooney was asking for a booking and got it.

Of course plenty of players kick the ball away and get away with it. They usually do it on the side though and not as a blatant challenge to the referee in the manner that Rooney did.

Did you see Rooney's foul on Saturday? Can you offer any explanation as to why he wasn't booked for that?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

Quote: Catalancs "They aren't on their own though, are they?'"

Who else gets preferential treatment in the way that Rooney and Gerrard do?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5542_1326072230.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5542.jpg

Quote: Darkheart "How many other players in the league have been sent off for kicking the ball away? or even booked? I know several chelsea players did it at OT and no bookings? Rooney did it and got a second yellow at Craven cottage last year.'"

Chelsea players are angels pal. Remember LGJM struggled to understand why the Terry story was all over the news a few months back. While he makes some good points his bias is laughable at times. FWIW I'm surprised LGJM is criticising the referee's of this country after their stella efforts for the Chelsea cause over the past couple of weeks.

A lot of the top players get preferential treatment because IMO a lot of referee's are star struck by them. It isn't only Gerrard and Rooney who get away with it on the field of play. In fact Rooney seems to get booked for things others don't. The Fulham incident he threw the ball aggressively to where the ref wanted the kick taken from. Yes it was aggressively thrown but it was to the correct area of the pitch and as such the referee could of easily used some common sense and kept him on the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "Chelsea players are angels pal. Remember LGJM struggled to understand why the Terry story was all over the news a few months back. '"

Darren Fletcher's fiancee, the mother of his kids, is an ex-girlfriend of John O'Shea.

They were team mates when John O'Shea went out with her. They are still team mates.

Nothing is said.

John Terry screws the ex-girlfriend of an ex team mate and it's a national scandal and he's stripped of the captaincy of England because of it.

My struggling to understand why it was on the news is because I couldn't see how it made it to the news. Usually when a story breaks it's because the woman goes to the press and sells the story. The Tiger Woods story broke because his wife smashed his car up with a golf club and he drove into a tree. But what was the reason for Terry's story leaking?

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "While he makes some good points his bias is laughable at times. FWIW I'm surprised LGJM is criticising the referee's of this country after their stella efforts for the Chelsea cause over the past couple of weeks.'"

I've gone through nearly all the incidents. In some, the Drogba hand ball, I acknowledge that we were totally lucky to get the calls we did. But against United as much went against us as went against United, but the story was how United had been robbed. Bolton handled the ball in their penalty area, but no mention of that. Kevin Davies blatantly "did" Mikel and got away with just a booking.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "A lot of the top players get preferential treatment because IMO a lot of referee's are star struck by them. It isn't only Gerrard and Rooney who get away with it on the field of play. In fact Rooney seems to get booked for things others don't. The Fulham incident he threw the ball aggressively to where the ref wanted the kick taken from. Yes it was aggressively thrown but it was to the correct area of the pitch and as such the referee could of easily used some common sense and kept him on the pitch.'"

Half of the Man United players went into the crowd after Saturday's goal. That's a bookable offence. None of them got booked for it. I couldn't give a toss about that because I think the ref was right not to apply that petty little law. But Rooney's foul on Saturday was as blatant a yellow as you can get. How do you explain him not being booked for it?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

Romania striker Adrian Mutu suspended for nine months

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 630157.stm

9 months for his second offence? icon_confused.gif
Romania striker Adrian Mutu suspended for nine months

news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 630157.stm

9 months for his second offence? icon_confused.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

"Kragl killed the leg of Gustafsson" on a barely-known video sharing website. eusa_sick.gif

The ref just gave him a yellow card. d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach112No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
49210_1274457074.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_49210.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "Darren Fletcher's fiancee, the mother of his kids, is an ex-girlfriend of John O'Shea.

They were team mates when John O'Shea went out with her. They are still team mates.

Nothing is said.

John Terry screws the ex-girlfriend of an ex team mate and it's a national scandal and he's stripped of the captaincy of England because of it.

My struggling to understand why it was on the news is because I couldn't see how it made it to the news. Usually when a story breaks it's because the woman goes to the press and sells the story. The Tiger Woods story broke because his wife smashed his car up with a golf club and he drove into a tree. But what was the reason for Terry's story leaking?

I've gone through nearly all the incidents. In some, the Drogba hand ball, I acknowledge that we were totally lucky to get the calls we did. But against United as much went against us as went against United, but the story was how United had been robbed. Bolton handled the ball in their penalty area, but no mention of that. Kevin Davies blatantly "did" Mikel and got away with just a booking.

Half of the Man United players went into the crowd after Saturday's goal. That's a bookable offence. None of them got booked for it. I couldn't give a toss about that because I think the ref was right not to apply that petty little law. But Rooney's foul on Saturday was as blatant a yellow as you can get. How do you explain him not being booked for it?'"

Cause he's Wayne Rooney. The best player in the country and a Manchester United player. Players of small clubs like Chelsea get treated differently as nobody gives a stuff about them. United get treated differently as they're all that is good in the football world. Now go watch your beloved captain, spit at tevez, pee in a nightclub. abuse americans on 9/11, park in a disabled bay, run over a security officer, sell tours of his clubs training facilities and goose his mates ex bird. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5542_1326072230.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "Darren Fletcher's fiancee, the mother of his kids, is an ex-girlfriend of John O'Shea.

Nothing is said.

Half of the Man United players went into the crowd after Saturday's goal. That's a bookable offence. None of them got booked for it. I couldn't give a toss about that because I think the ref was right not to apply that petty little law. But Rooney's foul on Saturday was as blatant a yellow as you can get. How do you explain him not being booked for it?'"

It made it to the news because some papparazzi who was following JT will of followed him to her place. Not really hard to figure out that one. JT tried to get it covered up and failed, hence why its out in the public domain. It is laughable to compare Fletcher and O'Shea to Terry and Bridge. For starters that is a proper relationship and not a seedy affair. Both players still playing for the Utd team tells me O'Shea was ok with this, Bridge clearly wasn't. The obvious one is that Terry was the England captain. Him being caught with his pants down is huge news and it's extremely naive to think otherwise.

I was thinking along the lines of the ref's valiant attempt to keep JT on the pitch against Spurs. The non-foul he commited on Defoe before the 1st goal was clearly a free kick and at least a yellow. He went 1 foul after he should of IMO. Thought it was quite funny how JT claimed to have won the ball on Bale. Pull the other one John. Also Mikel gave away a stone wall penatly IMO that wasn't given. The Bolton game sounds like the ref was poor all round. I only remember seeing the Drogba one and that looked stone wall.

Didn't the Man Utd players celebrate in front of the crowd? I thought the stewards prevented them from leaving the field of play though I stand to be corrected on this front. I honestly don't remember the Rooney challenge you are talking about. When did it take place? I missed the 1st half and start of the 2nd so may well have missed it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4697No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41913_1351384834.jpg

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "It made it to the news because some papparazzi who was following JT will of followed him to her place. Not really hard to figure out that one. '"

Okay then. Care to list any of the sex scandals that have been revealed simply by papparazzi following stars? IMO that's not how it works. You cannot believe that major sections of the worlds press didn't know exactly what Tiger Woods was up to. They didn't print anything because there was no excuse to print anything. When his wife smashed up his car with a golf club, they had their excuse and wheeled out all their stories that they had filed for such a time.

No such event happened with Terry.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "JT tried to get it covered up and failed, hence why its out in the public domain. It is laughable to compare Fletcher and O'Shea to Terry and Bridge. For starters that is a proper relationship and not a seedy affair. Both players still playing for the Utd team tells me O'Shea was ok with this, Bridge clearly wasn't. The obvious one is that Terry was the England captain. Him being caught with his pants down is huge news and it's extremely naive to think otherwise. '"

Bridge didn't know about it until it came out in the papers.

I agree that Terry's position as England captain, his higher profile and the manner of the affair makes it a bigger story, but the basis of the outrage - that a team mates ex is out of bounds, is exactly the same.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "I was thinking along the lines of the ref's valiant attempt to keep JT on the pitch against Spurs. The non-foul he commited on Defoe before the 1st goal was clearly a free kick and at least a yellow.'"

Terry definitely fouled Defoe. If the free kick had been given he'd have gone in the book. But Defoe only went down because he wasn't getting the ball. If Defoe was in a position to win the ball he'd have stayed on his feet. IMO that's what saved Terry from the booking in that case.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "He went 1 foul after he should of IMO. Thought it was quite funny how JT claimed to have won the ball on Bale. Pull the other one John.'"

I agree.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "Also Mikel gave away a stone wall penalty IMO that wasn't given.'"

I've looked at this very, very closely and I cannot see who played the ball out. For me either it was Mikel who tackled the ball or Bale played the ball out with the intention of going to ground to win a penalty. Bale was going away from goal, on the very edge of the penalty area and wouldn't have even reached the ball.

Just don't think it was anywhere near the stonewall pen you claim.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "The Bolton game sounds like the ref was poor all round. I only remember seeing the Drogba one and that looked stone wall.'"

Did you see the Drogba one at the time, or after half time when the commentators were told about Coyle's complaints?

One Bolton player appealed at the time. The commentators never noticed it until they had it pointed out to them. Seeing as Sky absolutely love to show managers reactions during the game I believe Coyle and the Bolton bench had no clue it had happened at the time.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "I honestly don't remember the Rooney challenge you are talking about. When did it take place? I missed the 1st half and start of the 2nd so may well have missed it.'"

I don't know when it happened. I can't even remember how much of the game I watched.

The commentators though were basically nonplussed that he didn't get booked for it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17925.jpg
:17925.jpg

I love the fact someone who plays right back, is near the end of his career and has a rubbish tash can so easily wind up fans of opposition clubs. United players went nowhere the City fans in celebrating the goal or in celebrating after the final whistle. But even if they did who cares? Players should be able to give it out to fans as they take enough flak, much of it rightly deserved mind.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner5103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5542_1326072230.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "Okay then. Care to list any of the sex scandals that have been revealed simply by papparazzi following stars? IMO that's not how it works. You cannot believe that major sections of the worlds press didn't know exactly what Tiger Woods was up to. They didn't print anything because there was no excuse to print anything. When his wife smashed up his car with a golf club, they had their excuse and wheeled out all their stories that they had filed for such a time.

No such event happened with Terry.

Bridge didn't know about it until it came out in the papers.

I agree that Terry's position as England captain, his higher profile and the manner of the affair makes it a bigger story, but the basis of the outrage - that a team mates ex is out of bounds, is exactly the same.

Terry definitely fouled Defoe. If the free kick had been given he'd have gone in the book. But Defoe only went down because he wasn't getting the ball. If Defoe was in a position to win the ball he'd have stayed on his feet. IMO that's what saved Terry from the booking in that case.

I agree.

I've looked at this very, very closely and I cannot see who played the ball out. For me either it was Mikel who tackled the ball or Bale played the ball out with the intention of going to ground to win a penalty. Bale was going away from goal, on the very edge of the penalty area and wouldn't have even reached the ball.

Just don't think it was anywhere near the stonewall pen you claim.

Did you see the Drogba one at the time, or after half time when the commentators were told about Coyle's complaints?

One Bolton player appealed at the time. The commentators never noticed it until they had it pointed out to them. Seeing as Sky absolutely love to show managers reactions during the game I believe Coyle and the Bolton bench had no clue it had happened at the time.

I don't know when it happened. I can't even remember how much of the game I watched.

The commentators though were basically nonplussed that he didn't get booked for it.'"

I'm pretty sure the Woods saga only really picked up when one of his mistresses came forward. The rumour was there but I assume Tiger succeeded where JT failed and manage to take out an injunction, when one of the mistresses broke her silence the whole story blew up.

The two Utd players seem to get along so I'm guessing Fletcher got his mates permission to take her out. Clearly JT fancied a bit on the side and just wanted to get his end away. I really don't think the two can be compared.

On the Mikel penalty, yes Bale is heading away from goal but Mikel would have to have some seriously dodgy shaped feet to have played that ball out at the angle it went out. Mikel definitely made contact with Bale and as such it is a penalty in my eyes.

I believe I saw the Drogba one on SSN after the game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33467_1274954101.jpg
[b:w7qmejrk][color=#FF0000:w7qmejrk]LOVE UNITED[/color:w7qmejrk][/b:w7qmejrk] - [b:w7qmejrk]HATE GLAZER[/b:w7qmejrk] "DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" - David Gill, August 2004 [b:w7qmejrk]Malcolm Glazer[/b:w7qmejrk] - [b:w7qmejrk]Forever in your [color=#FF0000:w7qmejrk]DEBT[/color:w7qmejrk][/b:w7qmejrk]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33467.jpg

Saturday was a great day for us.

Such a sweet victory against City, went absolutely mental. The black eye I got from someone celebrating was worth it.

But the outrage over JT isn't the fact he cheated on his wife - practically every single England captain that's ever worn the armband has done that - it's because he was screwing his ex-team mates ex girlfriend.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "On the Mikel penalty, yes Bale is heading away from goal but Mikel would have to have some seriously dodgy shaped feet to have played that ball out at the angle it went out. Mikel definitely made contact with Bale and as such it is a penalty in my eyes.'"

Mikel wouldn't need dodgy shaped feet. He'd just need to toe-poke the ball.

It was a challenge where it was inconclusive who won the ball. Bale was going down before he even went into the challenge. That's not a stonewall penalty. It's a possible penalty that sometimes you get, sometimes you don't. If you're running the ball out of play and make it clear you're totally willing to go down then you generally don't get these calls.

Quote: El Pac Carnegie "I believe I saw the Drogba one on SSN after the game.'"

I've said this before. I watched the game live. When the incident happened I held my breath because I thought Drogba may have handled it. But no mention of it was made by the commentators and they just said that Davies had won the header. I just kind of forgot about the incident and marked it down as one of those times when you think you see something because of the angle, but didn't actually occur.

Just as the second half commenced the commentator said that Coyle was peed off because they should have had a pen in the first half. They then showed the incident, which clearly showed Drogba hitting the ball back with his arm. On the second showing they show one Bolton player raising his arms in appeal.

So no appeal from 10 Bolton players, including Kevin Davies who was involved. No appeal from the 50 Bolton fans in the ground. No appeal from the Bolton bench. No mention of it from the commentary team. No hint from the Sky production team that there was just a penalty incident. No hint from the Chelsea players that they'd possibly got away with a pen against them. No reaction from the Chelsea supporters that they'd just got away with a penalty decision.

But the ref and lino should have seen what 40,000 people didn't?

For me I'm never that bothered about penalty decisions that go against us that I didn't see. Against Inter I never saw the Inter defenders wrestling our players to the ground at the two corners, so I'm not going to get angry over the ref missing it too.

Coyle whined after the game about the two pens they should have had. IMO the lino was spot on with the decision that Terry played the second one with his chest. Everyone from Bolton claimed that one (and I thought it was a pen at the time) but the lino was adamant that it was the chest.

For the Bolton handball it was a bouncing ball that hit the hand of the Bolton defender. The Chelsea crowd screamed for it, I think Drogba claimed for it. The commentators summed it up as "You're not getting then pen when Bolton didn't get any their way for their two shouts."

After the game Coyle whines about being robbed off their two pens. No mention of all at the pen Chelsea should have had or the thuggery from Davies.

For me this just shows that Ancelotti has to stand his ground in the media. He's allowed Coyle, O'Neill and Ferguson to set the media agenda that we've been playing with the refs on our side this season. Wenger has set the agenda that Arsenal are the purest football side in the world, have never committed a foul in their history and are being deliberately injured by opponents. Ancelotti has just said "I don't comment on referees" and been screwed because of it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach299
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24243.jpg
After Wire were drawn against Catalans and Saints drawn against Leeds in the 2010 Semi Final draw:[quote="Shawy":x0w95lta]One things for sure Wire won't be retaining the cup :D[/quote:x0w95lta] [quote="back to back to back":x0w95lta]Warrington will beat cats easily but they'll lose the final to whoever wins between leeds and saints IMO.[/quote:x0w95lta]Carnegie Challenge Final 2010 result:Leeds 6-30 Warrington :D:24243.jpg

Quote: Lord God Jose Mourinho "Okay then. Care to list any of the sex scandals that have been revealed simply by papparazzi following stars? IMO that's not how it works. You cannot believe that major sections of the worlds press didn't know exactly what Tiger Woods was up to. They didn't print anything because there was no excuse to print anything. When his wife smashed up his car with a golf club, they had their excuse and wheeled out all their stories that they had filed for such a time.

No such event happened with Terry.'"

John Terry was the reason it got published. In his efforts to get the "super injunction" against those who had the info, he inadvertently attracted the attention of the rest of them which led to the widespread coverage. Also, the fact he is married and was supposedly best mates with Bridge added to the scandal.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4397_1335909374.png
@chemical_viking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4397.png

Half empty Anfield.

999 posts in 68 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
999 posts in 68 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13134765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
PopTart
12m
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
14m