Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg
:43540.jpg

Quote: faxtastic "another win for the shaymen today.

comeback win to go through to next round of the fa trophy unbeaten this season in any competition

i am also very very annoyed because bamber bridge drew there match Halifax's home game with them tuesday night has been postponed.

therefore all the other top teams in our league will play tuesday and gain points on us and they will also play on saturday in the league whilst were playing in the fa cup.

so we could end up being 7 points behind Colwyn bay by next saturday night and have 4 games in hand on them.

during the winter months matches always get called off so because we are already falling behind in games and we havent even reached winter yet i can see us having to play every single tuesday and saturday during march and april to catch games up and this might end our chances of promotion.

my problem is is why are there so many pointless trophies in this league i personally couldnt care if we get knocked out of them the only ones i want to stay in are the fa cup and the fa trophy we can put a junior squad out in the rest of them cause there pointless and as a team still in every single competition we are playing 3 games a week every weekedn.

we have the winning mentality at the moment. because there are more competitions at this level than at premiership level and these are only part time players. what sort of clown came up with having 4 or 5 different competitions at the start of the season. not even premiership clubs have this amount of games to play.

halifax town and indeed some other clubs that play in all of them could end up having played neally 40 games before christmas its stupid.'"

Why do leagues do that have a set of fixtures straight after Trophy or FA Cup dates when the replays are going to be played???

Not saying its a problem say after the 4th qualifying round where in truth not many of their league sides will be left in but after the 1st round of a Competition where most of their sides are involved its plain daft.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: espanyolswan "Why do leagues do that have a set of fixtures straight after Trophy or FA Cup dates when the replays are going to be played???

Not saying its a problem say after the 4th qualifying round where in truth not many of their league sides will be left in but after the 1st round of a Competition where most of their sides are involved its plain daft.'"

i know its bonkers.

there are so many different competitions at this level, where part time players if they have a successful season may end up having to play 60 games in the season.

we nearlly had a game postponed earlier in the season cause of a replay thankfully the team we were playing won in the last minute so it made no difference then but now.

its only october and already we have played 4 games less than a few teams in our league.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3383No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jan 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29312_1358456500.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29312.png

Chorley's good cup form continues with a 2-1 at Rossendale in the trophy today.It's the 1st game won in the FA Trophy for TEN years icon_biggrin.gif Boston United in the next round for the magpies.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: DAR130 "Chorley's good cup form continues with a 2-1 at Rossendale in the trophy today.It's the 1st game won in the FA Trophy for TEN years
Home or away....not a nice trek for the away side that

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: espanyolswan "Why do leagues do that have a set of fixtures straight after Trophy or FA Cup dates when the replays are going to be played???'"

Indeed. We got a bye to the First Qualifying Round, but have had to postpone our league game against Harrogate RA on Wednesday at four days notice because they drew in the Trophy, which will take our run to five away games in a row before we play Mossley at home on October 24th (and then Mossley at home again on the 28th!)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: Leyther_Matt "Indeed. We got a bye to the First Qualifying Round, but have had to postpone our league game against Harrogate RA on Wednesday at four days notice because they drew in the Trophy, which will take our run to five away games in a row before we play Mossley at home on October 24th (and then Mossley at home again on the 28th!)'"

I thought the craziest thing was having the FA Cup Preliminary Round on the Saturday before Bank Holiday Monday so any teams that drew gave up crowd pulling chances when most people have a day off to replay the following night...or worse in cases like yours had to give up a Bank Holiday game and take the week off because their opponents had replay commitments....absolute madness in my book

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Its ridiculous to have this amount of games i assume there will be other teams with the same problem

this is the fixture list for october for halifax town

10th Oct- Fa cup game at home

13th Oct- Presidents Cup Game at home

17th Oct- Fa Trophy Game at home

19th Oct- League game away

24th Oct- League game at home

27th Oct- Unibond Challenge Cup game at home

31st Oct- League game at home.

Now others might have the same problem but the amount of competitions there are for part time players to play in is ridiculous. I couldnt even care less about the presidents cup or the Unibond challenge cup i dont mind the club being knocked out of them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: faxtastic "Its ridiculous to have this amount of games i assume there will be other teams with the same problem

this is the fixture list for october for halifax town

10th Oct- Fa cup game at home

13th Oct- Presidents Cup Game at home

17th Oct- Fa Trophy Game at home

19th Oct- League game away

24th Oct- League game at home

27th Oct- Unibond Challenge Cup game at home

31st Oct- League game at home.

Now others might have the same problem but the amount of competitions there are for part time players to play in is ridiculous. I couldnt even care less about the presidents cup or the Unibond challenge cup i dont mind the club being knocked out of them.'"

Think the Unibond Challenge Cup should go for a start especially as theoretically it could be Durham v Rushall in the final which have to be 200 miles apart.

Not sure how big a deal the Presidents Cup is who goes in it and over how many rounds.

Of the teams I watch I think Tamworth just have the Birmingham Senior Cup as an extra and not sure Ilkeston are in anything apart from League, Trophy and FA Cup.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: espanyolswan "Think the Unibond Challenge Cup should go for a start especially as theoretically it could be Durham v Rushall in the final which have to be 200 miles apart.

Not sure how big a deal the Presidents Cup is who goes in it and over how many rounds.

Of the teams I watch I think Tamworth just have the Birmingham Senior Cup as an extra and not sure Ilkeston are in anything apart from League, Trophy and FA Cup.'"

i am starting to get worried that with so many competitons that Halifax could be a victim of there own success this season yes i am happy that we are unbeaten in any competition so far but the main focus for me is getting out of the league we are in.

i wouldnt mind good runs in the fa cup and the fa trophy to go along with that but the players are very tired at the minute and we have only reached october.

i would be happy if we went unbeaten for as long as we could but i wouldnt be suprised if our manager neil aspin put mostly reserve teams out in the presidents cup and the challenge cup to try and lighten the load of games on the players and i wouldnt be too bothered if we get knocked out of them

the fixture list i put up was ridiculous though. playing practically every saturday and a midweek game every week for the rest of the month.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: faxtastic "i am starting to get worried that with so many competitons that Halifax could be a victim of there own success this season yes i am happy that we are unbeaten in any competition so far but the main focus for me is getting out of the league we are in.

i wouldnt mind good runs in the fa cup and the fa trophy to go along with that but the players are very tired at the minute and we have only reached october.

i would be happy if we went unbeaten for as long as we could but i wouldnt be suprised if our manager neil aspin put mostly reserve teams out in the presidents cup and the challenge cup to try and lighten the load of games on the players and i wouldnt be too bothered if we get knocked out of them

the fixture list i put up was ridiculous though. playing practically every saturday and a midweek game every week for the rest of the month.'"

Surprised many teams at that level run a reserve team to be honest as very few BS Premier or BS North and South teams seem to but I guess if you are in so many Cups it does have its advantages.

Probably more worrying is how few BS teams have youth teams which does seem shortsighted in my book.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: espanyolswan "Surprised many teams at that level run a reserve team to be honest as very few BS Premier or BS North and South teams seem to but I guess if you are in so many Cups it does have its advantages.

Probably more worrying is how few BS teams have youth teams which does seem shortsighted in my book.'"

cant you play trialists in these competitons?

well we dont have a reserve team but we have a big enough squad to be able to only have to play 4 players that play every week.

GT
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner11532
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6248_1358341317.jpg
[b:2akkj491]Jeb End Reds[/b:2akkj491] [color=#FF0000:2akkj491][b:2akkj491][url=hhtp://www/foreverreds.co.uk/:2akkj491]SUPPORT FOREVER REDS - THE SALFORD CITY REDS SUPPORTERS' TRUST[/url:2akkj491][/b:2akkj491][/color:2akkj491] [b:2akkj491][color=red:2akkj491]MUFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ FCUM ~ [color=red:2akkj491]SRLFC[/color:2akkj491] ~ LCCC[/b:2akkj491] [url=http://undergreylancastrianskies.blogspot.com/:2akkj491]My Blog[/url:2akkj491] ~ [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8580799@N06/:2akkj491]My Flickr[/url:2akkj491]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6248.jpg

FC came from 3-1 down to beat Stocksbridge Park Steels yesterday. Superb performance, just a few defensive mistakes that stopped us from running away with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

another win for Halifax in the fa cup against another higher league team.

15 games unbeaten.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: faxtastic "another win for Halifax in the fa cup against another higher league team.

15 games unbeaten.'"

Noticed that

Ilkeston drew 1-1 in a very poor game...2 sendings off but not really the passion on or off the pitch you would expect from a local derby (12 o'clock start did not help) but hopefully it will be made up for on Tuesday in the replay.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: espanyolswan "Noticed that

Ilkeston drew 1-1 in a very poor game...2 sendings off but not really the passion on or off the pitch you would expect from a local derby (12 o'clock start did not help) but hopefully it will be made up for on Tuesday in the replay.'"

Halifax dominated the first half we were too quick to skillful.

the second half though. we had some good spells but they hit the post 2 times and one of them it came back to there stricker who then missed the rebound from 2 yards. in the last round the opposition hit the post a couple of times maybe we are destined to go far in the fa cup this year.

a good ground as well 1500.

same as last round though i think that we can beat anyone at home in the next round. i would be less confident away against a conference but at the minute if we drew anyone in the next round at home i would think that we had a chance.

good luck to Ilkeston in the replay. maybe we might meet in the nxt round if you get through.

524 posts in 36 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
524 posts in 36 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.2060546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
2m